SELECT CONTENT

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Page 79 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by sdmom Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Yes my heart is breaking too. What’s wrong with the society now?

In addition to all the shootings, there’s something very tragic happened at my neighborhood. A cliff in a popular Encinitas beach, northern San Diego County, collapsed and killed three women from the same family, a woman, her mother and her aunt. They were there to celebrate the aunt’s victory over breast cancer.

They were from the family of my kids’ pediatric dentist who we saw for the past 15 years. His son is a general dentist who sees my kids now. They are so nice and kind! I just can’t imagine how a celebration turned into a terrible tragedy, and lost you wife/mom, daughter/sister, daughter in law/aunt, in one single day...

Life is so fragile! Let’s live each day to its fullest.

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 Empty Re: What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:02 pm

@sdmom

I saw that. So sad.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:19 pm

The victim family posted a beautiful message on FB and I love this part:

Perspective is a hard thing to understand in our day to day lives, and it is so unfortunate that an event like this must serve as a reminder to live life to the fullest with the time you have, to love those around you, and enjoy the meaningful relationships we all have with those closest to us.”

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:02 pm

@sdmom oh gosh that's terrible. sad Prayers for the family.

and yes these shootings seem to never end. sad Just awful.

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  PINKHEART
No, I never knew a love like this, Now we're picking purple irises  Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 1f49c

Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 8367-910 Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 I_got_13 Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 E5kqdm15 Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 Father11
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11976

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:54 am

I have been following the fires and power outages in California.

Prayers to all who are affected. I hope everyone is safe. sad

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:37 pm

This is incredibly sad. Prayers for all those affected. We have members from New Zealand, I hope everyone is ok and know that I am thinking of your sadness today.

sad Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 3552228123

Go to the link for a detailed article.

Five killed in 'sudden' volcano eruption in New Zealand, while several remain missing
About 50 people, New Zealanders as well as foreign tourists, were feared to have been nearby and several were seen near the rim of the White Island crater minutes before the eruption

WHAKATANE — At least five people were killed, up to 20 injured and several reported missing after a volcano that is a tourist attraction suddenly erupted off the coast of New Zealand’s North Island on Monday.

Police said more casualties were feared with rescue services unable to reach White Island as it remained too dangerous after the eruption of the volcano there at about 2:11 p.m. (0111 GMT) spewed a plume of ash thousands of feet into the air.

About 50 people, New Zealanders as well as foreign tourists, were feared to have been nearby and several were seen near the rim of the crater minutes before the eruption....

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/sudden-volcano-eruption-in-new-zealand-kills-five-several-missing

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HavaDrPepper Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:15 pm

A fun thing happened in my town yesterday. For those that don't know, Neil Armstrong, the first man to walk on the moon was from my town.  The town has been celebrating the 50th anniversary of the moon landing for the past year. Lots of things happened last July.

They had 1 more event yesterday... ONE GIANT LEAP DAY.

Someone thought it might be a good idea to try to break the record for the most people dressed as an astronaut at one time in one location.  They chose yesterday and had the event in our downtown by the statue of Neil that was put in last July.

The local news station covered it. I don't know if the video will be available for non-USA people but I hope those that are interested can see it.

https://www.hometownstations.com/news/wapakoneta-sets-world-record-for-people-dressed-like-astronauts/article_4701ce64-5b4c-11ea-8951-a784021f216a.html

FYI: My town has a population of around 9 to 10,000. In the video you can see a portion of the downtown area with the historic buildings from the 1800's.

HavaDrPepper

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:44 pm

That is so cool! I was able to watch the vid. Great example of community participation, plus teaching the younger ones an important part of history. yes

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon May 18, 2020 11:08 am

Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 3552228123 and wishes for a speedy recovery to all those affected in this horrible fire in L.A

https://twitter.com/bayareafire343

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:31 pm

Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 3552228123 for peace. Stay well everyone. sad

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:16 pm

As everyone around the world struggles to avoid COVID, I saw these charts in today's NYT (Upshot July 17, 2020) and found it interesting to see where mask wearing is prominent, as well as the effect of increased cases on mask wearing (chart 3).

Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 Screen25
Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 Screen24
Niagara - What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2 - Page 79 Screen23

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5313

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Jul 17, 2020 1:48 pm

We are stage 3 opening here in London today!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 79 of 81 Previous  1 ... 41 ... 78, 79, 80, 81  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

What is happening around you, around the world? Thread #2

+84
vacayeveryday
mizzoufan
Katiebelle
gurlbrit
justcallmegranny