SELECT CONTENT

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Page 15 of 62 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 38 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Post by sgjsnow Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:42 pm

richlp wrote:
Starshine_16 wrote:
jelle wrote:Seeking the Mormon Man of her Dreams

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/local/article_eb7b041e-9dce-11e0-a2d5-001cc4c002e0.html

It wouldnt let me copy the text ....

You’re probably familiar with ABC-TV’s The Bachelorette. But how about the Web series, The Mormon Bachelorette? In its third season starting July 1, the online show will feature bachelorette Ashley Chapman of Mesa as she embarks on a series of dates to find her Mormon Mr. Right.

According to a news release, Chapman was chosen over 14 other contestants who submitted homemade videos in hopes of being the next Mormon Bachelorette. She will have 22 men to choose from as each vies to be the one Chapman will introduce to her family in Monticello, Utah at the end of July.

The Mormon Bachelorette was started by best friends Erin Elton and Aubrey Messick Laidlaw in an attempt to find a husband for Aubrey, according to the news release. The first season ended with Messick choosing Matt Laidlaw. The two were engaged two months later and then married last March. They are now expecting a baby.

The second season focused on a Mormon bachelor, Rick Buck, seeking his LDS lady love. He chose Melanie Carney, and the two are dating exclusively

To follow Chapman’s quest to find the perfect Mormon mate, go to www.themormonbachelorette.com.

The good thing about The Mormon Bachelor show, is that it isn't necessarily linited to picking an F1... he can have an F1 AND F2 AND F3... etc...
no no
sgjsnow
sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3 - Page 15 Empty Re: Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

Post by beader Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:46 pm

terabithia wrote:
Gina wrote:As she said on Leno. "out of 25, she only needs one to love her". I think she knew early on who that one is - JP - and she just wants this show to be over now and it's wearing on her. It's more that then Bentley to me. Yes, he's part of it, but not the reason she seems cold and not caring to the other guys, especially all of them who didn't make it to F1 and F2.

Just like Ali couldn't go on the LCD with Chris, Ashley just wants to be with her F1 and is tired of trying to act like she cares about anyone else, and she's a bad actress.

The leads are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It is literally impossible to please all the fans. If she acts interested and leads on the guys (and leads on/tricks the audience) then fans are mad. I remember the angry comments about Ali on the grass with Chris. "Just Friends don't act like that!" fume fume fume. How dare she? But if the lead doesn't act interested in more than one guy then fans complain it's too boring, too predictable, or she's not being fair to the other men and giving them a chance. So wtf are they supposed to do?! I have no idea!

Post Of The Day, Terabithia!!!

beader

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:20 pm

beader wrote:
terabithia wrote:
Gina wrote:As she said on Leno. "out of 25, she only needs one to love her". I think she knew early on who that one is - JP - and she just wants this show to be over now and it's wearing on her. It's more that then Bentley to me. Yes, he's part of it, but not the reason she seems cold and not caring to the other guys, especially all of them who didn't make it to F1 and F2.

Just like Ali couldn't go on the LCD with Chris, Ashley just wants to be with her F1 and is tired of trying to act like she cares about anyone else, and she's a bad actress.

The leads are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It is literally impossible to please all the fans. If she acts interested and leads on the guys (and leads on/tricks the audience) then fans are mad. I remember the angry comments about Ali on the grass with Chris. "Just Friends don't act like that!" fume fume fume. How dare she? But if the lead doesn't act interested in more than one guy then fans complain it's too boring, too predictable, or she's not being fair to the other men and giving them a chance. So wtf are they supposed to do?! I have no idea!

Post Of The Day, Terabithia!!!

I second that!! giggling
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 pm

I agree! I'm like "Get over it already!" How did she become the sinner when she had two guys on the show trying to undermine her confidence? She was open and sweet to both William and Bentley and they were trying to sabotage her and her experience for their own personal gratification. It was hard to watch her at first but I get where she is coming from now and now that it seems she is going to take back control, people are acting as though she's still WRONG.

I'm ready for the happy stories now!

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:11 pm

Alexxxx wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

No way is he like Jake or even Kasey. Nothing alike at all. He is however, over-active and definitely needs a good channel for those energies which I suspect is what is missing sitting around hotel rooms with a bunch of dudes for the most part. For some, activity is exhausting for others like Ryan - it balances them out.
JMO.

Good read on Ryan. ITA. It was the setting that was too confining for him. Proof of that is video that we've seen of him outside the show. In business, he's very professional, articulate and has the right amount of enthusiasm about his company and what they're doing. In his vlog he was downright introspective about the whole process, and very low key. Again, the appropriate response IMO.

I like Ryan. He'll be a helluva catch for the right woman.

I like Ryan a lot too. He's not perfect but he is just great. And as you said he is a helluva catch for the right woman.

And the thing that we are forgetting is that Ashley seems to appreciate him a lot too. Her post-show Interviews show exactly that. She has complimented, gushed and even danced around like a teeny-bopper when talking about him. So whatever she saw on the show - it hasn't changed her opinion of him. In fact it has only increased :Nod: imo.
Both have said (interviews and vlog) to watch and see how everything unfolds and I plan to be right there. Probably the only one buying front row seats :hidingchair (yeah thats me hiding beneath the seat).

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:37 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Alexxxx wrote:
nd4reality wrote:

No way is he like Jake or even Kasey. Nothing alike at all. He is however, over-active and definitely needs a good channel for those energies which I suspect is what is missing sitting around hotel rooms with a bunch of dudes for the most part. For some, activity is exhausting for others like Ryan - it balances them out.
JMO.

Good read on Ryan. ITA. It was the setting that was too confining for him. Proof of that is video that we've seen of him outside the show. In business, he's very professional, articulate and has the right amount of enthusiasm about his company and what they're doing. In his vlog he was downright introspective about the whole process, and very low key. Again, the appropriate response IMO.

I like Ryan. He'll be a helluva catch for the right woman.

I like Ryan a lot too. He's not perfect but he is just great. And as you said he is a helluva catch for the right woman.

And the thing that we are forgetting is that Ashley seems to appreciate him a lot too. Her post-show Interviews show exactly that. She has complimented, gushed and even danced around like a teeny-bopper when talking about him. So whatever she saw on the show - it hasn't changed her opinion of him. In fact it has only increased :Nod: imo.
Both have said (interviews and vlog) to watch and see how everything unfolds and I plan to be right there. Probably the only one buying front row seats :hidingchair (yeah thats me hiding beneath the seat).

Good Post word And it's all manufactured drama that the guys don't like Ryan. Blake is jealous for sure, maybe Mickey, we'll have to see who he's talking about Monday night. However, it's obvious that the main guys who Ashley likes the most, JP, Ben, Constantine and Ames get along great with Ryan and they laugh and have a good time. We have pictures on here to prove it, it's not heresay. Ashley knows that Ryan is a good guy, not for her (I doubt he's F1) ~but what he appears to be, upbeat and happy or she would not keep giving him glowing comments in her blogs post show. I think she knows he's there for the right reason and he fell for her and he's not a fake or player. And he's a favorite amongst the general viewing public and even RS likes him..and he doesn't like too many of these guys. laugh out loud

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:28 am

I need to go back and read her blogs. I know she thinks he is nice but just not for her ... I wonder how bad his return is and if she's being so complimentary because she hurt him really bad when she let him go. He seems to notice her interactions with the other guys - especially JP - so I know he cannot be totally confident or be totally shocked in the way that Jeremy was. Then again, maybe he thought he'd at least get to the home towns. I'm not sure what could go wrong where she'd send him home on a 1on1 instead of Ames or Dino.

The guys kinda hated Jeremy but they still all had fun in the house together. They just trashed him behind his back ... CH said that he picked up that the guys didn't care for Ryan when he and the crew hung out with them during Ames' date w/Ashley so I do think he got under their skin a lot. Him getting an FIR and 2 date roses is almost Jeremy to a tee. It made the other guys feel as though they weren't going to get a chance. That's another reason why I think the Bentley impact is minimal - especially since he doesn't stay. Even if they are irritated, they can at least exhale that he's finally gone and she wants to move forward wholeheartedly. But that darned Ryan and the roses bugs the heck out of them. Didn't JP make a comment about everyone just leaving if he got the rose after the orphanage date? He seemed like he would relish that if people left. LOL!

Two more guys leave Monday night so that leaves 6. I guess he'll go on July 11.

At least now things can get interesting w/o the cloud of Bentley.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:46 am

All the guys on Jillian's season didn't care for Reid. To this day, he is not close or friends with any of the guys from his season, so they really didn't like him and he didn't like them either. They didn't say it on the show and like they are doing with Ryan, but afterwards they all said it. And Kovacs, Wes, and David Good just said it recently comparing Ryan and Reid, how Reid got on all guy's nerves.

I thought Reid might stay friends with Kiptyn, but they are not, they don't tweet or facebook. And when Reid visits Kristen in CA, never mentions getting together with Kip and Tenley. Reid said all the guys were 'meatheads'. lol

But fans loved Reid and Jillian like him pretty much too, she really cried letting him go at F3. And he was a fan favorite.
Jeremy has remained friends with several from his season and was a fan favorite.

Just because some guys don't like you on the show, doesn't equate to being a bad or fake person. jmo

Back to top Go down

Post by Nibbles22 Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:59 am

That was a great comparison to use Gina! Reid will always be one
of my favorite bachelors of all time! No surprise he didn't want to
keep in contact with the likes of Ed, David Good, Wes, Kovaks.... :giggle:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reaction over Ryan isn't completely exaggerated.
I guess we'll see at the MTA!
Nibbles22
Nibbles22

Female Posts : 1358

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:26 am

I know most of you are firmly on the JP wagon but we really need to keep an open mind in this crazy mixed up season.

Here's another litte tidbit to think about.

Chris Harrisons blogs are always a beacon letting us very subtly know what is going on during the season. I guess its in hindsight that we realise he has been leading us all the while. He always tells us the pivotal moment of the season though.

I found something interesting in his little q & a thingy for episode 6 (Hongkong) (I'll try and cut/paste the exact words later sorry).
He said that the events at the cocktail party shaped the rest of the season and perhaps the rest of Ashleys life.

Now note he did not say the events in HK or Bentleys leaving. He said the Cocktail party. That is a huge clue. So stuff went on during that cocktail party which was in fact a sort of epiphany of Ashley and IMO the turning point for her. Not Bentley leaving and not the 1 on 1 or group dates.
If it (according to CH) affected the rest of her life, it directly involves who she picked as F1 and is currently with OR no pick if that is the case. But that turning point is the cocktail party.

Just thought I'd throw this out there for future reference.

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:39 am

Great post nd...I love that even though most of us have already jumped in one camp or another, there is still an "open mindedness" about what the possible outcome is. The fact that RS has been "Fleissed" in the recent past seasons, makes me even more determined to support Ashley in what she feels is best for her...not the edited version of what TPTB are showing...which I think clearly points to JP...which gives me pause...

Okay, I just came to a realization that made me throw up in my mouth a little. I tend to use the dot dot dot a lot in my posts. :hidingchair
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:40 am

lol

nd4reality
nd4reality

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 62 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 38 ... 62  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Media Discussion - Bachelorette 7 - Thread #3

+79
NanaMary
snowyglow12
Samantharose
sunnymicki
northernviewer