SELECT CONTENT

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #3

Page 20 of 63 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 41 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #3

Post by marloon Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:33 pm

jojo47 wrote:
jlccaz wrote:Couple of thoughts on Ben's twitter life.
(1) The show has a social media policy that does not merely gag contestants as in the old days. Throw out the old rulebook. In Web 3.0 all talk of the show is good/positive, drives buzz. SO they can have twitter accounts and tweet, they don't HAVE to do so, and IF they tweet they can't give stuff away. In short, I think WAY too much is made of these various current/former contestant, producer, corporate affiliate tweets. They aren't very good for sleuthing, except occasionally in hindsight.

(2) I found it strange that immediately after the premiere aired a guy tweeted that he met Ben at a bar in SF watching the show, and Ben said he hoped the show would promote his winery. That seemed like a face saving take on the experience of doing the show, typical for an F2, not for an F1 to state at a bar (even if it were an added plus of having been on the show.)

(3) I concur that Ben's tweeting and interacting with show people in a fairly loose way, but I think it's absurd to act as if Michelle Money is some pariah he should be shunning or ignoring, OR to characterize the interchanges as openly flirtatious.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the guys said to Ben that he hoped the show would promote his winery. My recollection could be way off tho!

When I read the tweet in question, it was unclear to me whose sentiment he was actually expressing - his hope or Ben's hope.

marloon

Back to top Go down

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #3 - Page 20 Empty Re: Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #3

Post by jlccaz Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:40 pm

marloon wrote:
jojo47 wrote:
jlccaz wrote:Couple of thoughts on Ben's twitter life.
(1) The show has a social media policy that does not merely gag contestants as in the old days. Throw out the old rulebook. In Web 3.0 all talk of the show is good/positive, drives buzz. SO they can have twitter accounts and tweet, they don't HAVE to do so, and IF they tweet they can't give stuff away. In short, I think WAY too much is made of these various current/former contestant, producer, corporate affiliate tweets. They aren't very good for sleuthing, except occasionally in hindsight.

(2) I found it strange that immediately after the premiere aired a guy tweeted that he met Ben at a bar in SF watching the show, and Ben said he hoped the show would promote his winery. That seemed like a face saving take on the experience of doing the show, typical for an F2, not for an F1 to state at a bar (even if it were an added plus of having been on the show.)

(3) I concur that Ben's tweeting and interacting with show people in a fairly loose way, but I think it's absurd to act as if Michelle Money is some pariah he should be shunning or ignoring, OR to characterize the interchanges as openly flirtatious.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought the guys said to Ben that he hoped the show would promote his winery. My recollection could be way off tho!

When I read the tweet in question, it was unclear to me whose sentiment he was actually expressing - his hope or Ben's hope.

Fair enough, but I am rather sure I read it properly.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:52 pm

In and of themselves, the tweets may not be flirtatious, but if Ben is now an engaged man, who should be supporting a fiancee who is being put through the wringer, and trying to figure out how to spend as much show approved secret time with her as possible, you would think that introducing himself into the wonderful world of "Former Bachelor Participants" would be the last thing on his mind.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by klarson79 Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:54 pm

ironcat wrote:In and of themselves, the tweets may not be flirtatious, but if Ben is now an engaged man, who should be supporting a fiancee who is being put through the wringer, and trying to figure out how to spend as much show approved secret time with her as possible, you would think that introducing himself into the wonderful world of "Former Bachelor Participants" would be the last thing on his mind.

I agree

However, I do look forward to his appearances with his new friends on Bachelor/Bachelorette Beatdown next year! yes

klarson79

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:56 pm

OR re-tweeting a blog that was a bit questionable (though hilarious) it was making fun of Ashley left and right.. I don't think his new fiancee would appreciate it very much if he re-tweeted a blog that made fun of her. JMO
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:00 pm

klarson79 wrote:
ironcat wrote:In and of themselves, the tweets may not be flirtatious, but if Ben is now an engaged man, who should be supporting a fiancee who is being put through the wringer, and trying to figure out how to spend as much show approved secret time with her as possible, you would think that introducing himself into the wonderful world of "Former Bachelor Participants" would be the last thing on his mind.

I agree

However, I do look forward to his appearances with his new friends on Bachelor/Bachelorette Beatdown next year! yes

Exactly. No one is crucifying him or losing their mins over his tweeting, just pointing out that his behavior is not indicative of a newly engaged man, especially one with a very sensitive fiancée. And yes, I do consider it flirting but MMV and I'm fine with that.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:03 pm

Good Lawd – any man who ends up with Ash is going to have their hands completely full – she’s going to be way more needy and need way more reassurance than Ali…….

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:27 pm

anders wrote:Good Lawd – any man who ends up with Ash is going to have their hands completely full – she’s going to be way more needy and need way more reassurance than Ali…….

In the words of AS "Bless his heart!"

I'm sure if she come out of this with a loving man she will reel it in like Ali did with Roberto.
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:47 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:
anders wrote:Good Lawd – any man who ends up with Ash is going to have their hands completely full – she’s going to be way more needy and need way more reassurance than Ali…….

I'm sure if she come out of this with a loving man she will reel it in like Ali did with Roberto.

Very true! Somehow Ali changed from a hallway-sobbing flower-throwing mess to the most stable woman ever, once in a relationship with Roberto. I suspect that Ashley will do the same, once she's in a relationship with a confident, loving man. :yes:
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:50 pm

CarrieAlexander wrote:

Carrie, ITA. Ali was just plain mean and insane on Jake's season, Ash wishes she could be such a headcase. Now Ali is normal and confident and it's because she knows Roberto is always going to come home to her and isn't going to leave no matter what she decides to pull. I'm sure Ashley is going to be just fine as long as she knows that leaving her or falling 'out of love' isn't an option for her man, and JP stares at her like she's the best invention since the microwave so I can't imagine too many issues.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LibbyBell Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:01 pm

mnmhughes wrote:
CarrieAlexander wrote:

Very true! Somehow Ali changed from a hallway-sobbing flower-throwing mess to the most stable woman ever, once in a relationship with Roberto. I suspect that Ashley will do the same, once she's in a relationship with a confident, loving man. :yes:

CA and mnm, that is why I think that JP is the best for her. I see him as helping her stand on her own 2 feet, being confident and reassured in her decisions and knowing that she has a partner who will stand behind her and support her decisions. We see this in their first date when he tells her that she'll figure it out and that she be ok and in their 2nd date when she is (again duh ) talking about her decisions re: Bentley. He also lets her know that she should never be afraid to talk with him and be afraid that he will judge. I saw this as him being a good supportive partner helping her figure out a problem that she was having. He let her deal with it and didn't try solving it for her. This is the type of relationship that I can see being long lasting and very successful.

How can you help it when the music starts to play, And your ability to reason is swept away
Oh-oh-oh, heaven on earth is all you see, You're out of touch with reality
And now you cry but when you do-- Next time around someone cries for you
LibbyBell
LibbyBell

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:13 pm

TheBachelorTVTheBachelorTV

Hey #Bachelorette fans! This afternoon thebachelor.tv will have an EXCLUSIVE video from JP! You'll want to see this...
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 63 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 41 ... 63  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Tweets/Facebook Updates - Discussion - Thread #3

+79
black_tears
bluwavz
Jaybird
tigertiz
rc49ers