SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 32 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Post by jojo47 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:37 pm

In a PI about Ashley, Bentley made a negative comment about their kissing. He said the kiss started out okay, but then really didn't do anything for him (paraphrased). Was Ashley's comment about JP's kisses being better than Bentley's left in as a counterpunch?
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1 - Page 32 Empty Re: Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

Post by sgjsnow Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 pm

jojo47 wrote:In a PI about Ashley, Bentley made a negative comment about their kissing. He said the kiss started out okay, but then really didn't do anything for him (paraphrased). Was Ashley's comment about JP's kisses being better than Bentley's left in as a counterpunch?

They edited that he was saying that about what Bentley says about their kiss. I hate to give the guy credit for anything, but I was never sure that he was actually referencing that kiss since it was a VO. Regardless, I don't think it was a counter punch from Ashley herself since she didn't know Bentley said that at the time, it may have been a counter punch to Bentley though from the editors and TPTB though.
sgjsnow
sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:58 pm

sgjsnow wrote:
jojo47 wrote:In a PI about Ashley, Bentley made a negative comment about their kissing. He said the kiss started out okay, but then really didn't do anything for him (paraphrased). Was Ashley's comment about JP's kisses being better than Bentley's left in as a counterpunch?

They edited that he was saying that about what Bentley says about their kiss. I hate to give the guy credit for anything, but I was never sure that he was actually referencing that kiss since it was a VO. Regardless, I don't think it was a counter punch from Ashley herself since she didn't know Bentley said that at the time, it may have been a counter punch to Bentley though from the editors and TPTB though.

I agree, the counterpunch wasn't from Ashley personally (for the reason you cite), but rather from TPTB.
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm not sure which thread this actually belongs to but can someone help with VOs.

During the season previews Ashley says something like "I cannot imagine my life without him" or something like that.

Did we already hear her say that regarding Bentley ??? Just wondering because she was spouting a whole lot of other stuff about him and I remembered those words.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:17 pm

nd4reality wrote:
Max64 wrote:Questions for those that know editing. Ashley's comment about JP being better in the kissing department than Bentley. Wouldn't that be a difficult thing to overcome if anyone else was F1 than JP? The reason I ask is that we have been lead to believe that Bentley was going to be her F1, but after her date with JP, the potential for a stronger romantic connection was there by the comment she made. I would feel that if her F1 is any other guy than JP they would have to again prove that her physical attraction is greater than not only Bentley but JP as well. I know I'm not explaining this well, but it just seems like a lot to overcome when we're already at ep 4.

Sure, they probably left that in on purpose.

In other seasons I would say that this is where they are painting JP as the physical edit. Perhaps in hindsight though it maybe that he's the "only viable option" edit.

In Andy Baldwin's season F2 Bevin was clearly given the hot, physical edit down to the point that Andy made some remark about Bevin over Tessa physically. I wish I could remember it, but I do remember thinking that since he had chosen Tessa that remark should not have been spoken out loud or at least included in the edit as it had to have hurt Tessa.
If JP does not end up as F1, Andy's remark about Bevin would still be worse than the kiss remark about JP.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Bloomers wrote:
nd4reality wrote:
Max64 wrote:Questions for those that know editing. Ashley's comment about JP being better in the kissing department than Bentley. Wouldn't that be a difficult thing to overcome if anyone else was F1 than JP? The reason I ask is that we have been lead to believe that Bentley was going to be her F1, but after her date with JP, the potential for a stronger romantic connection was there by the comment she made. I would feel that if her F1 is any other guy than JP they would have to again prove that her physical attraction is greater than not only Bentley but JP as well. I know I'm not explaining this well, but it just seems like a lot to overcome when we're already at ep 4.

Sure, they probably left that in on purpose.

In other seasons I would say that this is where they are painting JP as the physical edit. Perhaps in hindsight though it maybe that he's the "only viable option" edit.

In Andy Baldwin's season F2 Bevin was clearly given the hot, physical edit down to the point that Andy made some remark about Bevin over Tessa physically. I wish I could remember it, but I do remember thinking that since he had chosen Tessa that remark should not have been spoken out loud or at least included in the edit as it had to have hurt Tessa.
If JP does not end up as F1, Andy's remark about Bevin would still be worse than the kiss remark about JP.

And we know how long A/T lasted and then how long our other "soulful, human" connection with no physical chemistry lasted in the form of Emily and Brad. I hope Ash isn't that dumb.

We'll see.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by connorsmom Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:11 pm

Bloomers wrote:

Didn't Brad say that he felt more comfortable with Chantal than anyone else there? It's not the same, but it's a similar "You are better at X than anyone else here." comment.
connorsmom
connorsmom

Female Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:27 pm

And strictly talking editing (cause we know it was always Roberto),
Ali said "Chris makes her happy and is husband material" and we know how that turned out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 pm

Gina wrote:And strictly talking editing (cause we know it was always Roberto),
Ali said "Chris makes her happy and is husband material" and we know how that turned out.

Yes, she said Chris is husband material, but notice how she didn't say for her. I remember many of Ali's comments about Roberto were how he made her feel, and with Chris it was more generic. Also dead giveaway was what she wore on her FD's with each of the guys, sexy little vixen for Roberto and poor Chris got those baggy white pants 😆

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:52 pm

Max64 wrote:

Yes, she said Chris is husband material, but notice how she didn't say for her. I remember many of Ali's comments about Roberto were how he made her feel, and with Chris it was more generic. Also dead giveaway was what she wore on her FD's with each of the guys, sexy little vixen for Roberto and poor Chris got those baggy white pants 😆

I'm telling you that you have to be careful about the edit; yes, they are telling the story they want to get to the end, but that doesn't mean they won't be deceptive all along the way.
Chantal and Bevin were both the red hot physical connections to the point that if you watched the story between them and their bachelors, they were F1, and that was all there was to it. In fact, Emily physically hardily seemed in the race, and Roberto? There was a lot of talk about how hot he was, but the story was about Frank and Chris while Roberto crept up ever so slowly on the sidelines.

When you encourage someone in the present, you help that person to become successful in the future.
Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by sgjsnow Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:55 pm

Bloomers wrote:
Max64 wrote:

I'm telling you that you have to be careful about the edit; yes, they are telling the story they want to get to the end, but that doesn't mean they won't be deceptive all along the way.
Chantal and Bevin were both the red hot physical connections to the point that if you watched the story between them and their bachelors, they were F1, and that was all there was to it. In fact, Emily physically hardily seemed in the race, and Roberto? There was a lot of talk about how hot he was, but the story was about Frank and Chris while Roberto crept up ever so slowly on the sidelines.

Based on that idea would you say that JP can't be the F1 and that is more likely Ben? I would love to know your opinion (so far that is) or is it too early to say?
sgjsnow
sgjsnow

Female Posts : 377

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloomers Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:10 pm

sgjsnow wrote:
Bloomers wrote:
Max64 wrote:

Based on that idea would you say that JP can't be the F1 and that is more likely Ben? I would love to know your opinion (so far that is) or is it too early to say?

RS says that JP is F1, and for all the world it looks right now like JP is F1, but at this time last season RS said that Chantal was F1, and the hard evidence indicated she was F1. ( To me, it looked like she was in Roberto's position in the RC pics, etc.) I thought in Brad's mind that at that time she was still F1. I think Emily indeed did take over F1 in Ep. 5 in Anquilla when Brad blogged that "Love is in the air," and it certainly wasn't for anyone else in that episode.

Now, if Love_Me's source in Fiji comes back and says that Ben is F1, I won't be surprised. Why? Simply because it feels like F1 JP has been too easy.
Yes, we have had 3 episodes of the worst villain in Bachelor history which is going to be horribly hard for her to overcome....BUT the drama people are usually always for 3 episodes, and then we begin to get down to brass tacks. However, that isn't to say that we haven't typically met at least briefly in small segments our F1, F2, F3, F4 while the drama folks are doing their things and playing out.
We haven't done that. WHY?

Is JP F1 or is JP F2? If JP is F2, then meeting JP and starting the focus on him is at least more in keeping with what they have always done - in old days, they used to "hide" the F1 - not this badly, but they did try to hide him or her.

If JP is F1, then we have JP conquers Bentley, but we are left shaking our heads at why we even needed an F2, F3, and an F4.
We have never had a format where we didn't meet F2, F3, and F4 until the 4th episode, and F1 was thrust so front and center in our faces as JP to the point that even the unspoiled board at the FORT on Monday night were suspecting JP for F1.

Bloomers
Bloomers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 42 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37 ... 42  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 7 - THE EDIT - Thread #1

+60
nutty1
Kelad9
agentcurls
northernviewer
Bronwyn