SELECT CONTENT

Big Brother 15 - Episode Discussions - Spoilers

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big Brother 15 - Episode Discussions - Spoilers Empty Big Brother 15 - Episode Discussions - Spoilers

Post by Love_Me Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Episode 1 (Premiere) - 6/26 - Big Brother 15 - Discussion - Spoilers

Last edited by Love_Me on Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Love_Me
Love_Me

Female Posts : 32393

Back to top Go down

Big Brother 15 - Episode Discussions - Spoilers Empty Re: Big Brother 15 - Episode Discussions - Spoilers

Post by Love_Me Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:58 am

On CBS, the season premiere of Big Brother tied its debut low (on July 13, 2008) with  a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating down 19 percent from a 2.6 for last summer’s premiere on July 12, 2012.

Link
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Big Brother 15 - Episode Discussions - Spoilers Empty Re: Big Brother 15 - Episode Discussions - Spoilers

Post by GrahamGal Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:58 pm

Love_Me wrote:

On CBS, the season premiere of Big Brother tied its debut low (on July 13, 2008) with  a 2.1 adults 18-49 rating down 19 percent from a 2.6 for last summer’s premiere on July 12, 2012.

Link

That's disappointing.  Glad to see it at least bumped up to 2.2 rating. I can see why it would be down with All-Stars as coaches last year, but series low? Ouch! I wonder if it has to do with the premier being 2 weeks earlier than normal.  I'm really happy with the changes they have made so I hope the ratings pick up.
GrahamGal
GrahamGal

Female Posts : 4592

Back to top Go down

Post by Love_Me Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:43 pm

I went ahead and changed the title to this thread.

Anyone watch the show tonight? Thoughts?
Love_Me
Love_Me

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:46 pm

Wow, Aaryn and Katelyn are real you know whats! no no 
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:01 pm

[quote="sanlee088"]Wow, Aaryn and Katelyn are real you know whats! no no [/quote

San, I would be so upset and ashamed if I knew my daughter ever acted that way and she must not have coz she couldn't believe how they were acting. She asked me if they were always this bad and I told her most of the time they were worse. :yes: 

It's too bad they can't send Aaryn, Kaitlin and Jeremy all home this week. LOL I would LOVE to know what their parents really think about how they're acting on there. : (

I'm a little more interested in it than I was to begin with. I wasn't for sure I was even gonna watch it and I love BB and look forward to it each year. I'm just not crazy about any of the hamsters so far. Well, I like McCrea.. I love his eyes. : )
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm

Ive never seen this show but have heard about it. Can someone tell me how this reality game show works?

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:24 pm

LoveDovez wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:Wow, Aaryn and Katelyn are real you know whats! no no [/quote

San, I would be so upset and ashamed if I knew my daughter ever acted that way and she must not have coz she couldn't believe how they were acting. She asked me if they were always this bad and I told her most of the time they were worse. :yes: 

It's too bad they can't send Aaryn, Kaitlin and Jeremy all home this week. LOL I would LOVE to know what their parents really think about how they're acting on there. : (

I'm a little more interested in it than I was to begin with. I wasn't for sure I was even gonna watch it and I love BB and look forward to it each year. I'm just not crazy about any of the hamsters so far. Well, I like McCrea.. I love his eyes. : )

I know! They were acting like high school bullies! I also wonder what their parents are thinking! I read that Aaryn has been fired from her job due to the things she has said and the way she has acted....no no 

I agree! I would love to see Aaryn, Kaitlin, and Jeremy all leave this week. laugh out loud I am really liking the rest of the people. yes 
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by LoveDovez Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:33 pm

sanlee088 wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:
sanlee088 wrote:Wow, Aaryn and Katelyn are real you know whats! no no [/quote

I know! They were acting like high school bullies! I also wonder what their parents are thinking! I read that Aaryn has been fired from her job due to the things she has said and the way she has acted....no no 

I agree! I would love to see Aaryn, Kaitlin, and Jeremy all leave this week. laugh out loud I am really liking the rest of the people. yes 

Gina Marie got fired also, San... I heard that Spencer did, too, but I'm not 100% sure about him, but yeah, Aaryn and Gina Marie both got fired. It's been on a lot of the big TV news programs plus it was on CNN. I think they deserved to be fired esp in their line of work. Many young girls probably look at to them. Ya know, you just don't talk like they have and call people the names they have and not any repercussions from it.
LoveDovez
LoveDovez

Female Posts : 4070

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:25 am

california90 wrote:Ive never seen this show but have heard about it. Can someone tell me how this reality game show works?

It is kind of like Survivor but instead of being set on an island, they are in a house.

Basically a group of contestants enter the house. They share rooms and have a yard. There are cameras all over the house taping everything and there are live feeds which fans can suscribe to and watch them live ... except for competitions and their diary room confessionals.

Each week there is a challenge that determines the Head of Household (HOH)...kind of like holding immunity. That person gets their very own room, their favourite foods and a favourite CD they can listen to. They also get letters from home and family/friends/pet photos in the room. They have their own bath and get to nominate 2 people for eviction. This year they added a twist where America can vote for an MVP (who is supposedly kept secret from everyone else in the house and that person can secretly nominate a third person up for eviction).

Once the people are nominated they get to play in another challenge for the Power of Veto (POV). Each of the nominated players and the HOH get to pick one additional player and these people compete. Whoever wins gets to decide if they will keep the nominations the same or if they want to take someone off the block. If someone comes off the block, another person is nominated and goes up. This year if the person taken off is one of the HOH's nominees, the HOH picks the person to replace them. If the person is the MVP's pick, the MVP picks the replacement.

People campaign to get themselves off the block and eventually the people vote for who goes home. The HOH and the people nominated cannot vote so there is usually a lot of strategy involved in who to pick and how the house will vote. Everything repeats the next week...except the outgoing HOH cannot play for HOH the following week.

Sometime during the week everyone also plays in the have or have not competition. This is to determine who will be on slop and sleep in the have not bedroom...no beds, usually cold and have to have cold showers only. The only person who cannot be a have not is the HOH. Some weeks instead of having have nots, everyone is a have and they just have competitions to see what kind of foods they will have.

Personally I think it is harder to win than Survivor because in Survivor you can at least get away from other people for a while, but, in BB you are stuck. Also in Survivor, for the first half of the season your are part of a team. If your team wins you can't be eliminated. In BB, you essentially playing an individual game from the get go. People still have alliances and sub alliances, but these can't really protect you from being put up unless one of your alliance is the HOH.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:43 am

Thanks Sprite. Very informative. It's quite interesting. And it does seem tougher than Survivor to win. So ultimately do the people/viewers pick who goes home or the cast? (Ones up for eviction)

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:14 am

california90 wrote:Thanks Sprite. Very informative. It's quite interesting. And it does seem tougher than Survivor to win. So ultimately do the people/viewers pick who goes home or the cast? (Ones up for eviction)

The cast always (other than the very first season), picks who wins and who is up for eviction. Again it is decided very similarly to Survivor. Once down to the final three there is a three part competition. The one who wins the first part goes straight to the final part of the competition. This one is usually some kind of endurance challenge. In the second part the other two players compete to get to the third and final competition. Whoever wins the second part competes against the winner of the first part. This is usually a question type competition about what has happened in the house or who said this. The winner then gets to decide who they will stand in the final against. Once that is done they face the houseguests who made jury. Just like Survivor, they ask them various questions and then they vote for who they want to win the $500,000.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Big Brother 15 - Episode Discussions - Spoilers

+2
GrahamGal
Love_Me
6 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum