SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Page 47 of 74 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 60 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion - Page 47 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Post by Muslady Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:52 pm

Butter_Scotch77 wrote:Saw this tweet from Juan Pablo on 2/28 .... thought it was interesting ....it said a lot!

"Don't TRUST people who ENCHANTS you too MUCH before making a DEAL, later they will TURN their backs..."

I saw that on the portal and thought it was interesting too. I really hope people quit knocking him because I think he has been one of the most sincere bachelors. I think his heart is right. He hates hurting people so I know he hates being hurt. CH needs to change his tune a bit. I'm sure his rebellion is making his job difficult but there are some positive things to say about JuanP and I'm not hearing them. I really feel for this guy. I'm looking forward to seeing what the Fleiss machine does to Andi. I'll probably feel sorry for her too in the long run, but what goes around comes around.
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion - Page 47 Empty Re: The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:59 pm

Butter_Scotch77 wrote:Saw this tweet from Juan Pablo on 2/28 .... thought it was interesting ....it said a lot!

"Don't TRUST people who ENCHANTS you too MUCH before making a DEAL, later they will TURN their backs..."

You know, as much as I feel for JPab being hung out to dry by producers...but, this show has been on for 20+ seasons with all the manipulations they put contestants through all out there for anyone to find, he was on the previous season with Des and hopefully watched what was done to her, not to mention the contract he had to sign. Any sane person, who does their due diligence, would not trust anything these people say and promise. I have read parts of that contract and I cannot believe that ANYONE would sign it! It is like people who hand over their money to someone who promises to double it...guaranteed. People get greedy...be it for money or exposure or other opportunities...and turn off their common sense and then cry woo hoo. As bad as I may feel for him, he still has only himself to blame. Can't wait for Andi's turn. I bet she thinks because she is a smart lawyer, she can take care of herself. We all know what they say about a lawyer who represents him/herself...they have a fool for a client. I think I may enjoy that....I can be b*tchy like that sometimes and there is just something about her that is bringing that out.  :uptonogood 

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:16 pm

Sprite wrote:

You know, as much as I feel for JPab being hung out to dry by producers...but, this show has been on for 20+ seasons with all the manipulations they put contestants through all out there for anyone to find, he was on the previous season with Des and hopefully watched what was done to her, not to mention the contract he had to sign. Any sane person, who does their due diligence, would not trust anything these people say and promise. I have read parts of that contract and I cannot believe that ANYONE would sign it! It is like people who hand over their money to someone who promises to double it...guaranteed. People get greedy...be it for money or exposure or other opportunities...and turn off their common sense and then cry woo hoo. As bad as I may feel for him, he still has only himself to blame. Can't wait for Andi's turn. I bet she thinks because she is a smart lawyer, she can take care of herself. We all know what they say about a lawyer who represents him/herself...they have a fool for a client. I think I may enjoy that....I can be b*tchy like that sometimes and there is just something about her that is bringing that out.  :uptonogood 

Seems to me that most of what was done to Des happened after JuanPa left. And I think I recall his saying that he did not watch the remainder of the show and we know he had not viewed previous seasons. So he may not have known. Was it in the preview for the entire season that we were shown that scene in which he cut the PI short and got up and left? Would love to know at what point in the season that was. Do we know? Was it then that he said that he did not come on the show to look like a fool?

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Maybe this makes me a horrible person, but I have zero sympathy for JuanPa and the treatment he's getting from TPTB, the media, and people watching the show. He signed up for the show and if he didn't realize how much power TPTB would have over his treatment then he's an idiot. You signed a contract and should have done your homework. No lead is immune to at least a little bit of flack. It's the nature of the beast. And to be honest, JuanPa brought much of this on himself with the changing his rules about his actions during the season, some of the comments he's made, and the horrible explanation of why he didn't think a gay lead would work. He did damage himself so I can't blame others for making it worse. You reap what you sow.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:52 pm

umngirl wrote:Maybe this makes me a horrible person, but I have zero sympathy for JuanPa and the treatment he's getting from TPTB, the media, and people watching the show. He signed up for the show and if he didn't realize how much power TPTB would have over his treatment then he's an idiot. You signed a contract and should have done your homework. No lead is immune to at least a little bit of flack. It's the nature of the beast. And to be honest, JuanPa brought much of this on himself with the changing his rules about his actions during the season, some of the comments he's made, and the horrible explanation of why he didn't think a gay lead would work. He did damage himself so I can't blame others for making it worse. You reap what you sow.

I expect him to get a little flack, because after all he is on a reality dating show. However, my issue is Juan Pablo has gotten more flack for doing the same exact things as past Bachelor's. Sean Lowe kissed more girls that JP did, but certainly wasn't labeled a player. I have to ask why?
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by Idlemess Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:56 pm

rosesrREd wrote:
umngirl wrote:Maybe this makes me a horrible person, but I have zero sympathy for JuanPa and the treatment he's getting from TPTB, the media, and people watching the show. He signed up for the show and if he didn't realize how much power TPTB would have over his treatment then he's an idiot. You signed a contract and should have done your homework. No lead is immune to at least a little bit of flack. It's the nature of the beast. And to be honest, JuanPa brought much of this on himself with the changing his rules about his actions during the season, some of the comments he's made, and the horrible explanation of why he didn't think a gay lead would work. He did damage himself so I can't blame others for making it worse. You reap what you sow.

I expect him to get a little flack, because after all he is on a reality dating show.  However, my issue is Juan Pablo has gotten more flack for doing the same exact things as past Bachelor's.  Sean Lowe kissed more girls that JP did, but certainly wasn't labeled a player.  I have to ask why?

Good question, I would like to know why as well.
Idlemess
Idlemess

Female Posts : 3447

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:00 pm

While I may not feel quite as strongly as you seem to, I do agree that he has nobody to blame but himself if he never even bothered watching the Bachelorette season he was on or bothered to find more about the show. That is what I meant about people getting greedy. They just see the grand prize (whatever that may be), and never think about what it may cost to get there. And you would think his lawyer or somebody would have clued him in, but, he probably thought they loved him and they were buddies and they wouldn't do that to him. I wonder how long it took before he clued in? Andi should take note...

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by jcrbil Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:01 pm

rosesrREd wrote:

I expect him to get a little flack, because after all he is on a reality dating show.  However, my issue is Juan Pablo has gotten more flack for doing the same exact things as past Bachelor's.  Sean Lowe kissed more girls that JP did, but certainly wasn't labeled a player.  I have to ask why?

Sean didn't blame kissing some and not others based on their status as moms, he didn't blame them for him kissing them, he didn't suddenly stop kissing women because of how it would be perceived (Lindsay wanted to not kiss him once to make sure they talked because they liked kissing so much). Yes, he kissed a lot of women, generally not in front of others. And he owned it.

Frankly, I do think that a lot of Juan Pablo's behavior is cultural and it really doesn't play well with the modern American woman. There is a failure to communicate- with the women on the show (many of whom are very unsophisticated beyond their own existence) and with the American audience as a whole. Is it being exploited by TPTB? Certainly. They will do anything to improve viewership- even throw the lead under the bus.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:03 pm

rosesrREd wrote:

Maybe because JuanPa doesn't come off as sincere in looking for a wife or really having a relationship with any of them after the show. And it's not the amount of girls he kisses that bothers people, at least not the ones I know who watch. It's how it acts and his apparent lack of interest in really getting to know these girls besides making out with them and sleeping with a few. Plus, his rule changing about kissing and treatment of some of the girls is what turns people off. Not to mention his public comments about a gay lead took things up a whole nother level, and that's his own fault. And while I admire JuanPa for apparently not giving in to the pressure of proposing in the finale, TPTB aren't the kindest to those who go against their rules.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:09 pm

umngirl wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:

Maybe because JuanPa doesn't come off as sincere in looking for a wife or really having a relationship with any of them after the show. And it's not the amount of girls he kisses that bothers people, at least not the ones I know who watch. It's how it acts and his apparent lack of interest in really getting to know these girls besides making out with them and sleeping with a few. Plus, his rule changing about kissing and treatment of some of the girls is what turns people off. Not to mention his public comments about a gay lead took things up a whole nother level, and that's his own fault. And while I admire JuanPa for apparently not giving in to the pressure of proposing in the finale, TPTB aren't the kindest to those who go against their rules.

People think that because they don't understand his culture. Everyone expects him to act like an American guy when courting women, and because he isn't doing it exactly how it has been done in the past, people assume he isn't serious about it. Nobody says "well maybe this is how Juan Pablo does it."
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:14 pm

rosesrREd wrote:
umngirl wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:

People think that because they don't understand his culture.  Everyone expects him to act like an American guy when courting women, and because he isn't doing it exactly how it has been done in the past, people assume he isn't serious about it.  Nobody says "well maybe this is how Juan Pablo does it."

And maybe some of it isn't culture and just JuanPa not taking this seriously. And I've been around quite a few people, several men, who grew up in Latin America and not a single one acts that way with women. JuanPa seems to enjoy playing up the Latin lover angle if you ask me.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:18 pm

Idlemess wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:

Good question, I would like to know why as well.

I don't know the answer to your question but I suspect there were several things in play. The fact that he made it very clear that he was a Christian and serious about the process may have been a large part of it. (He also didn't check out every girls rear as she was walking away.) He was a likeable guy and I think most people if not exactly believed him, at least gave him the benefit of the doubt. The fact that he made fun of himself, seemed easy to get along with and promoted the show more than anyone, served him in good stead with producers. I also think the fact that he was a Christian, made editing him negatively a tricky thing for producers. They could easily offend a large and vocal segment of the population. The fact that they saw that they could possibly have their first Bachelor success story may have added to it. I do think they really did and continue to, truly like him and I think that he was really a fan favourite from Emily's season, not a manufactured fan favourite that producers had to concoct like JPab. JPab proved himself more disposable from start to finish...particularly as he seems to have proved difficult to work with for them and the women on the show. JMO

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 47 of 74 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 60 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelor 18 Spoilers/Speculation - Media - Discussion

+129
ImeldaMarcos
treatmom4
LibbyBell
Bashful
JesseJames24