SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #13

Page 39 of 52 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #13 - Page 39 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #13

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:08 pm

I'm with Brooks' sister-in-law. I wish they would've shown more of Brooks' funny/witty side. 👅 

Back to top Go down

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #13 - Page 39 Empty Re: Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #13

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:10 pm

albean99 wrote:I don't believe that any of Brooks' family talks him out of anything. It's got to be him having doubts and I know if my son came to me I wouldn't try to steer him either way even if I have a clear opinion. I've had this situation and found he had to come to a decision on his own. It's very obvious from how emotional Brooks is in the SC of him in the blue sweater which must him at home and in all of the pier preview that it's not just a small thing to him.

I don't know what goes down but am hoping that it works out in the end for Des.

Neither would I. Brooks' mother handled that very well.

It is obvious he took the whole thing very seriously. Good for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 pm

sfrank wrote:well looks like we got our answer...Brooks leaves! I'm bummed and I don't see how she picks him in the end.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wow. If this is true, how does she move on to be engaged to Chris or Drew in a week. I am on a wait and see mode. Something still is weird with me..
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:11 pm

sfrank wrote:well looks like we got our answer...Brooks leaves! I'm bummed and I don't see how she picks him in the end.

:Smiley:

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:12 pm

iamreal2u wrote:

Wow.  If this is true, how does she move on to be engaged to Chris or Drew in a week.  I am on a wait and see mode.  Something still is weird with me..

That's the cover to get people to read it!
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Am I the only one not surprised by that? This makes me proud of him that he did what he needed to; that he stayed true to himself. What has me concerned is him possibly coming back.

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Yeah albean i'm here for that, hope all will be fine after all is said and done, i care for Des and want her to have her happily ever after.
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 pm

bilolo wrote:Yeah albean i'm here for that, hope all will be fine after all is said and done, i care for Des and want her to have her happily ever after.
Ditto. She's really a sweetheart.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:23 pm

*Arms self and puts protective shield around Brooks* True to word. I'm true to my word. I stand by him. I also think my words will come true. "Public opinion" will come down on him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:29 pm

I don't think Brooks family talks him out of anything either but is it possible something that comes up during their conversation makes him doubt himself in some way? What if I know I love her and she doesn't pick me? Am I good enough? Is it too quick to propose? I hate it that she continues to be with these other two guys...maybe she's saying the same thing to them? It could be any number of things. I have no doubt that his mom and sister support his relationship with Des. This guy is a thinker though and wants to be sure.

US WEEKLY.....not everything they say is true is it?!? no 

Last edited by Rolly on Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Fleurdesel Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:31 pm

\

Sfrank: Does it clearly says so in the article? On the cover pic, they're showing Brooks and Drew...
Fleurdesel
Fleurdesel

Female Posts : 832

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:32 pm

LoveDovez wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
LoveDovez wrote:
canyonvue wrote:
MonicaJM2001 wrote:
canyonvue wrote:You know, I hit on this thought in another thread, but why is it all about Brooks having to speed up (something that doesn't seem to be his style) and go Des' way? Maybe it's Des that needs to learn to bend a little and come his. She is racing ahead and he's trying desperately to keep up and she's putting a lot of pressure on him. MAYBE what she learns, the learning curve she refers to, is that she realizes that if she wants him (which she professes she does) she needs to come his way a little bit. Maybe that's what she means by wants vs. needs. She wants him to be the racehorse, a guy to just race to the finish with her, and she learns, by the end, that if she wants him she's going to need to come his way.

She sacrifices her want of the race to the finish for what she needs, him, even if that means slowing down a bit.

I mean, really, why is it all about Des?

Yup. She's getting what she wants from Chris and Drew. Assurances and proclamations of love. But what she needs imo is to be with the man she is in love with and I believe returns those feelings even if it is at a slower pace than the others. It actually would mean more to me if i were in that position to know the guy thought it through and even struggled a little because that would show me he is serious about it and when he did say it, I'd know he truly believed it and meant it. TPTB are getting what they want though. My friend (unspoiled) is drinking the :koolaid:and thinks Brooks isn't right for her because he seems so unsure still. She says she should have kept Zak instead since he really loves her. SMH.

Well, love is a two-way street and maybe she needs to learn that. I think it's totally possible she needed to learn that. After all, she only has her brother, who she doesn't seem close to at all, and left her family and has little to do with any of them. She lives a pretty selfish life. Then along comes Brooks who doesn't follow her plans, yet, stick in her craw, she can't get over the fact that she's in love with him. She's waiting, she wants him to start to rush. She's waiting, waiting. And eventually he starts to feel the pressure to the point where he's really questioning everything and might not think he can give her everything she wants, even though he would like to explore further. CH tells him to tell her his problems, knowing how Des has talked and how she'll act. And she can't handle it. It's not what Brooks wanted. He just wanted, hopefully, to get her to see things his way a little. She wants that perfect race to the finish, though. The others are giving her that, for sure. Brooks is left going "This is the worst day of my life. There's nothing I can say." She thinks she doesn't want to love someone who doesn't love her as much. She always loves the wrong guys. She soon learns that if she wants to keep Brooks she's going to need to think of him a little more.

Her learning curve is she learns that if she REALLY wants to be with Brooks she's going to have to bend and give and come his way a little. If she doesn't, she's going to lose him. And he, in turn, learns he loves her, for real, because he thinks he's lost her (like his brother predicted). They both come together, in the end.

While you're doing all this reflecting on what Des needs to do or what Des needed to have done, would you be as kind to remind Brooks that he is on a 10 weeks SHOW and that Des knows the time is limited.. I mean she knows TPTB are on her daily to make sure Brooks is ready to propose to her at the end, so it would be so nice to kindly cut Des a little bit of slack once in a while.

And for the grace of God can you please tell me how you come up with Des lives a selfish life? How do you know it's of her own choosing that she lives in a different state than her parents do? Was she so wrong to move from where they live to try to make a life and have a career of her own? I would frown more on her if she lived in their basement and didn't have a career..

People seem to forget with all this Brooks love that Des has a show to put on and has guidelines to go by. If Brook didn't consider himself ready to fall in love in that length of time then why on earth did he even go on the show???? JMHO!!
Love your post.  AMEN!  I feel that as in some seasons, the lead seems to be a forgotten side matter that can be ragged on when he/she don't fit in with the fave.  I find it so funny how it is Des's fault or Des's problem when it is obvious that Des as the lead is the one that is under tremendous pressure..more so than the guys there for her.  If Brooks, Drew, or Chris can't or won't give her what she needs and wants, then maybe she really does need to take a step back and sort things out.  

If Brooks is the one that is causing all the angst because he isn't willing to committ or has other problems that need to be looked at, then she needs to take that into account.  IF for some reason it is Des that has the problem, then she needs to sort through that too, but to assume and state so harshly that it is Des that needs to do all the reassessment and giving in because of the fanlove for the one guy that they "think" is going through such a hard time with this and it is "only" the guy that is having a hard time and needs to be "forgiven", how fair is that?  I think the blanket statement that was made with regards to how Des is living a selfish life or how Des is the one that needs to give in more...IMO isn't a realistic thing considering SHE is the lead and not the guy that is being "fanloved" on.

Awww thanks so much, Auntie. It just irks me to no end how people put aside Des feelings the way they do. and have tried to make her out to be the bad person here. To judge her the way some have judged her.. Des is only doing what she signed up for. She came on the show to find somebody to fall in love with and she did just that.

Maybe some of the others did say ILY too soon, but they're doing what they signed up for also. Falling in love with Des. Don't anybody get me wrong , I like Brooks, but as I said Brooks didn't sign up for Wheel of Fortune or Price is Right. He signed up for this show.. He knew what he was signing up for and now it's supposed to be Des fault that she fell in love with him. Wow, she would be hung at sunrise if she for some reason hadn't fallen in love with Brooks. I also find it a little eerie that he had to talk to his mom and sister  before realizing he " loves" her.. What would have happened if they didn't have the HTD's? Isn't Brooks 27 or in his late 20's? One would think that he could think and feel for himself enough to know if he loves this woman or not enough to give them a chance.. If not, then he needs to step aside and take himself out of the running and give her a chance to find happines.

NO, I didn't expect him to say ILY until LCD or even at the FRC, but I also didn't expect him to be cooling his jets back home with mommy while the other two that are supposed to get their hearts broken are there to show Des that they are in love with her. So Brooks was afraid he would get hurt.. Does he not think the other two guys had the same fears? What makes him any better than they are?.
Like I said I really like Brooks or I did, but this has left a bad taste in my mouth.. .. : (. BTW I loved your post, too, Auntie. : )

I think you guys are generalizing. I only saw one poster who was negative about Des. I love Des. And Brooks. Together.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 52 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 45 ... 52  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Forester - Bachelorette 9 Contestant - Spoilers - Thread #13

+50
Pia1
Fleurdesel
Jeepers
veg_out
lstiff