SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 14 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by latergator Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:18 pm

rosesrREd wrote:

ITA!!  I knew I found my husband the moment I saw him.  I didn't even know his name, and I felt a huge attraction to him, and knew we were soulmates.  We have been married, very happily for 8 years.

The fact that Brooks did not feel he was in love with Des and left, only proves to me that IF they do get back together, this relationship will not last.  I really do not understand how people can be "happy" that Des and Brooks are together(if they are), because they will never get married, and there will be more heartache to come for both of them.

but how did your husband feel, truthfully?  was it love at first sight for him?  because for many men it's not.  
as for myself, it was for my husband who knew right away and it took me a few weeks later Praying
latergator
latergator

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 14 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by albean99 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:24 pm

rosesrREd wrote:
leselihau wrote:Not sure if it's been said or not...but I question if any of the cast involved this season truly know how to love or what being loved feels like.  I have been married for 4 years and I can tell you that the day I first said I love you to my husband, to the day that I said my wedding vows, to today my definition of love has changed by leaps and bounds.  Some of my closest friends have been married for 10, 15, 20+ years and my parents will hit 40 years this fall...all would say the same thing.  Love changes, it adapts and if you're lucky it grows.  

I'm sure most if not all of us have said "I love you" before to only come back later and realize that that wasn't really love...or maybe it was the closest thing to "love" you've felt...or maybe it was as capable of being in love as you were at that moment in time.  

I would question if Des really "loves" Brooks.  Because if she does...no way could she have made out with Chris & Drew just days before (and after) she said she loved Brooks.  I realize there's a show to make and she's under contract.  But this might be a moment where she's only as in love as she is capable of being.  And Brooks saying he knows what love feels like and this isn't it.  Well, what if when he previously felt "love" it was only the closest thing he'd ever felt.  And now this feels totally different than that and he's not sure what to think of this new feeling.  Or maybe for both for Des she's in love with the thought of being in love.  Who really knows?

I'm not judging either of them.  It's a process they have to go through and they are the ones that define their version of love.  They are people and us judging them does no one any good, not them, not us, and not anyone else.  Not to mention the fact that at the end of the day...this is a show with a story to tell.  Certainly not my story, certainly not your story, and certainly not Des/Brooks/Chris/Drew's stories....it is TPTB story to tell.  They get to pick the cast, write the script, and then show you what they want to show you.

ITA!!  I knew I found my husband the moment I saw him.  I didn't even know his name, and I felt a huge attraction to him, and knew we were soulmates.  We have been married, very happily for 8 years.

The fact that Brooks did not feel he was in love with Des and left, only proves to me that IF they do get back together, this relationship will not last.  I really do not understand how people can be "happy" that Des and Brooks are together(if they are), because they will never get married, and there will be more heartache to come for both of them.

ITA with the bolded. It's not a problem to me that he told her (also CH & mom/sister) all of that & left but if he comes back & has a sudden change of heart. He didn't leave himself wiggle room imo. He was very definitive that he wasn't in love with Des. I feel for her.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by rosesrREd Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:29 pm

latergator wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:

but how did your husband feel, truthfully?  was it love at first sight for him?  because for many men it's not.  
as for myself, it was for my husband who knew right away and it took me a few weeks later Praying

He said he was attracted to me the moment he saw me. I didn't really ask, if "he knew" I was the one. However, we worked together, and dating was prohibited by our employer. So, 1 month after meeting, he quit his job, and got another one, so that we could date. So, I would think it was pretty quick for him also.
rosesrREd
rosesrREd

Female Posts : 1456

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:30 pm

At this point it's blah blah blah to me. Same o every season. If they make it great! If they don't they don't . Relationships all have their challenges. It's up to them!!
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:34 pm

BachfanNY, IMO you hit the nail on the head when you said they need to give these people more than two months. Love is a growth process. Infatuation not so much. Also loving a person does not make you automatically compatible for the long haul. Great post.

Back to top Go down

Post by pbmax Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:41 pm

nd4reality wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:
LLiza wrote:
treschicas wrote:
ImeldaMarcos wrote:IDK CH was not complimentary towards Cat at the end of last season.

I mean I guess there's still the chance Des is engaged to Brooks but if she is it would seem Chris H doesnt' approve of it then...but you would think if they were in fact engaged Chris H would be a little nicer about Brooks wishy washy behaviour.

WHY????  Perhaps he is as repulsed by it as I am.  Perhaps he has found Des to be a lovely girl and wants better for her.  Please explain WHY CH should be nicer.

He obviously doesn't have to, but,He is complimentary to Des in all interviews.  If he was repulsed by Brooks, and Des chose him, I think he would be as equally uncomplimentary to her as well.

It is all very strange but if there is an attempt at misinformation (which is extremely laughable with the sheer number of spoilers out there Hugesmile ) then he is acting as though he is critical to keep the "secret" that Des herself says she wants hidden. IDK.

It is all very very confusing.

Exactly! misinformation. He wants to keep you guessing, nothing to do with how he fills about Brooks or Des.
pbmax
pbmax

Back to top Go down

Post by iamreal2u Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:53 pm

I thought for sure that Jason and Molly would not last either. It all depend on the individuals and what love means to them.
iamreal2u
iamreal2u

Female Posts : 4107

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:05 pm

latergator wrote:
rosesrREd wrote:

If you asked most married men when they realized they were in love with their wife... they'd probably answer "when she told me I was" giggling 

girls usually fall first, not always but I'd say it's the norm.

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by Mustang19 Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:14 pm

LLiza wrote:
treschicas wrote:
ImeldaMarcos wrote:IDK CH was not complimentary towards Cat at the end of last season.

I mean I guess there's still the chance Des is engaged to Brooks but if she is it would seem Chris H doesnt' approve of it then...but you would think if they were in fact engaged Chris H would be a little nicer about Brooks wishy washy behaviour.

WHY????  Perhaps he is as repulsed by it as I am.  Perhaps he has found Des to be a lovely girl and wants better for her.  Please explain WHY CH should be nicer.

For one, it is just not nice to speak negatively of people publically (in my opinion). I think it's more of a reflexion on the character of the basher than on the bashee. Some things are better left unsaid, and really, what purpose does it serve to belittle someone?? People I've come across in my life who speak negatively are usually unhappy people. Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I always tried to lived by the saying of "if you can't say anything nice, don't say it at all."
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:26 pm

Mustang19, while I am not a fan of any of these three men or even Des I don't know them. We see what they want us to see. I thought last week was sad. I would not wish that on any individual. I also would hate to be the topic of speculation. I know they signed up to do this but I doubt they had any idea it would be this much of a mess. I don't understand why CH behaves as he does other than he is paid to but it seems like they should pay him to keep quiet but that does not garner ratings. I just hope for the best for all. You are a class act and spot on IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:29 pm

nothernviewer I think you are probably right. I still have to remind hubby after over four decades. He has to remind me too. Marriage is work! Great quote and too funny! I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Back to top Go down

Post by bilolo Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:20 pm

BarbB222 wrote:At this point it's blah blah blah to me. Same o every season. If they make it great! If they don't they don't . Relationships all have their challenges. It's up to them!!
you're right !
bilolo
bilolo

Female Posts : 2995

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+51
beader
richmondrose
Pattycake92
eliza3
Aunties_Love