SELECT CONTENT

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by pinkflowers31 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:24 pm

BarbB222 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:
bilolo wrote:do the Chris fans here want Des with him after watching last night's episode ?

In a word... NO.  I'm not a fan of his per se, but he's my favorite out of the last 3 guys.  This isn't about "winning" for me.  Des clearly fell for Brooks.. period.  She likes and admires Chris but she just doesn't have the kind of feelings for him that he has for her, so her choosing him at this point wouldn't be for the right reasons.  Then I'd call it leading him on.  Up to now, all of their interactions are part and parcel with doing the show, a necessary evil when you sign up for the show... but to choose him when she's in love with another man (that doesn't change in 1 week, not even on a show like this laugh out loud) would cause so much hurt later, better to end it all now.  Even if she did end up dating Chris later, at least he'd never have to wonder if he was second choice, which is what he'd be now... especially after him watching the episode the other night  OUCH

thanks NV...some of us Chris renegades actually think he is too good for Des peace . I personally think he better get heartbroken in the end of this and then following Chris Lambton's footsteps in career and love department. But recent evidences pointing him as the F1...OTOH its too late it seems for him to run far away from Des and this franchise. So..as you can prolly tell.....we are so conflicted!!...duh . We sure dont want our precious boy being called as sloppy second, default F1 and other horrible descriptions no no . He definitely doesnt deserved all of the craps. He does nothing wrong except being adorable, honest, genuine, expressive, protective and loving toward Des throughout the season.

Yes but what does one call Chris if he was loved less than Brooks no matter all his fine qualities and chosen simply because Brooks left? What euphemisms do come up with? It's not crap, it's the truth! The truth that Des chose to expose because of her love for another. Des even said she puts her feelings for Brooks in a separate category from, the other two. But I can certainly understand your conflict. I wouldn't want to be in Chris' shoes even if I won the Bachelorette.

Yes, but we can also turn it around and say that Des is settling for less by choosing Brooks if he comes back. Why pick a man who isn't sure of his feelings, when you can pick a man you are falling in love with who already loves you and wants a life with you. She will always have doubts about Brooks if she picks him, and she deserves more than that. If Chris is willing to work on the relationship knowing he wasn't first choice, I see nothing wrong with that. She needs a man who loves her and doesn't question that love, ever.
pinkflowers31
pinkflowers31

Female Posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 6 Empty Re: Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by Kashathediva Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:30 pm

LLiza wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
LLiza wrote:
Swissmiss wrote:
luvstx wrote:And since this is still the FD episode thread, has it been brought up at all how unimpressive the fantasy suites really were?!?  Bad publicity for the Verandah in my opinion.  All the rooms were so small and didn't look luxurious at all.  Chris' outdoor space and hot tub were nice but the 'suite' that Drew had was bare bones.

I moved down there in 1998 to help set up a non profit. The Verandah is nice especially the grounds but is known as being a family friendly place more than a luxury resort. There are about four other resorts down there that would have been a better choice. I was kind of surprised. I never stayed there but did attend meetings. Nice but not exotic like usual.

Thanks, Swissmiss, for the info.  I am not surprised.  The very nicest resorts are most likely unwilling to close down so much of their facility just to film a TV game show.  The amount of turmoil it takes just to film the town scenes (and manufacture parades and concerts) is not welcome to those who either reside or vacation there.  I highly doubt that MF pays the resorts enough to cover closing down their rooms and property for several days.  Did you notice any people hanging around/vacationing in the scenes last night??  Looked like a ghost town to me!!  LOL

I had mentioned it before, but will bring it up again.
In the past, the franchise has utilized the Rosewood group which has a lot of international hotels/resorts. There is a Rosewood resort in Antigua. I do not know why they were not utilized this time around. it is a beautiful resort.
In the past, the franchise is basically comped for stays, tours, meals etc--just about anything you can think of in terms of services.(limos, airfare) So the cost of production of this show is basically ZILCH. In return, the people offering the freebies get credit and advertisement which is proves to be lucrative for them.
Hope this helps.

Oh one more thing: in the past for fantasy suite a fee of 550$/night would have been a pittance, even though that might not be our budget. I'm thinking Jason's season some of those locals were in the thousands a night. Again, the places are comped so it's not an issue to TPTB.

Kasha, I have read and re-read your response -- many times -- but I don't understand why you think, in light of the lack of financial risk for TPTB, they couldn't find a nicer place to accommodate their filming.  While the financial costs for the resort may be inconsequential, I find it tough to believe that the goodwill risks to the vacationers and local alike are worth it.  I know that the residents are not happy at all when their lives are turned upside down for a few days for a silly tv show.  I've been in that situation.  Worse yet is the vacation experience for those who have saved for a great trip, only to be restricted by the crew and "actors".

Where does your info fit in??  I'm not trying to be snarky...I truly don't understand, and I'd like to know!!

I wish I could help you, but I can't. :Smiley: 
I  have little tolerance for celebs receiving VIP treatment!! After all, we all put our pants on the same way as far as I'm concerned. So I am sure it would be a total inconvenience. With that being said--over all the seasons until recently, I have not seen much in the complaint department from those it would have interfered. So I can't give insight there.
Oooh one thing I just remembered and wanted to add: Many times when it comes to the FD/LCD portion of the show they "rent" out villas and private residences for more privacy and luxury and this seems to detract from over running the resort issue. I was surprised they did not do that this season, but then we do have one more episode to go.
What I do know is it has helped tourism in many locales the show has highlighted, especially in the last few seasons. So maybe the risk was worth it to those vendors. People love staying where the is show has highlighted!
Don't worry about your snark--I didn't take it as being such and have thick skin!
Wish I could answer your question better, maybe someone else can.

Last edited by Kashathediva on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:31 pm

pinkflowers31 wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:
bilolo wrote:do the Chris fans here want Des with him after watching last night's episode ?

In a word... NO.  I'm not a fan of his per se, but he's my favorite out of the last 3 guys.  This isn't about "winning" for me.  Des clearly fell for Brooks.. period.  She likes and admires Chris but she just doesn't have the kind of feelings for him that he has for her, so her choosing him at this point wouldn't be for the right reasons.  Then I'd call it leading him on.  Up to now, all of their interactions are part and parcel with doing the show, a necessary evil when you sign up for the show... but to choose him when she's in love with another man (that doesn't change in 1 week, not even on a show like this laugh out loud) would cause so much hurt later, better to end it all now.  Even if she did end up dating Chris later, at least he'd never have to wonder if he was second choice, which is what he'd be now... especially after him watching the episode the other night  OUCH

thanks NV...some of us Chris renegades actually think he is too good for Des peace . I personally think he better get heartbroken in the end of this and then following Chris Lambton's footsteps in career and love department. But recent evidences pointing him as the F1...OTOH its too late it seems for him to run far away from Des and this franchise. So..as you can prolly tell.....we are so conflicted!!...duh . We sure dont want our precious boy being called as sloppy second, default F1 and other horrible descriptions no no . He definitely doesnt deserved all of the craps. He does nothing wrong except being adorable, honest, genuine, expressive, protective and loving toward Des throughout the season.

Yes but what does one call Chris if he was loved less than Brooks no matter all his fine qualities and chosen simply because Brooks left? What euphemisms do come up with? It's not crap, it's the truth! The truth that Des chose to expose because of her love for another. Des even said she puts her feelings for Brooks in a separate category from, the other two. But I can certainly understand your conflict. I wouldn't want to be in Chris' shoes even if I won the Bachelorette.

Yes, but we can also turn it around and say that Des is settling for less by choosing Brooks if he comes back. Why pick a man who isn't sure of his feelings, when you can pick a man you are falling in love with who already loves you and wants a life with you. She will always have doubts about Brooks if she picks him, and she deserves more than that. If Chris is willing to work on the relationship knowing he wasn't first choice, I see nothing wrong with that. She needs a man who loves her and doesn't question that love, ever.

Yes!! Finally a voice of reason amid glasses of rose!!

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by mercieme Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:48 pm

pinkflowers31 wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

Pinkflowers, thanks for this posting, never actually realized the other aspect that she could be settling for less by picking someone that was not sure of his feelings for her with all the discussions focused on Chris and Drew as defaults.

mercieme

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:51 pm

pinkflowers31 wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

So it's much better for Chris to have doubts about why he was chosen than it is for Des to have doubts about the guy she chose??  ya, ok......

I don't get why people want their favorite to "win" so badly even if it's to their detriment???  people fall in love for a variety of reasons... and it doesn't make one less of a person if somebody doesn't fall in love with them.   Chris is still a wonderful man even if Des preferred Brooks... so is Drew.... and every other guy that Des sent home up to this point (well a few are jerks but you know what I mean)  Every season and  thousands of times a day all over the earth people fall in love with one person, the person that makes your heart beat a little faster.  Sometimes it's the wrong choice, but it's their choice to make.  Who falls in love with the guy that's perfect on paper?  I didn't, but he was the perfect guy for me.. and me alone.  

Des didn't humiliate herself or look silly to me... she looked like a woman in love who's heart was breaking because the guy she loved with all her heart wasn't feeling the same.   And if Brooks comes back and she happily takes him back, she'll still be a woman in love trying for her happily ever after.  Girls usually fall in love first anyway, the guy realizes it much later.

Last edited by northernviewer on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:57 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Very Well Said NV^^^^^^^^^^^
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by LLiza Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:05 pm

northernviewer wrote:
pinkflowers31 wrote:
BarbB222 wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
northernviewer wrote:

So it's much better for Chris to have doubts about why he was chosen than it is for Des to have doubts about the guy she chose??  ya, ok......

I don't get why people want their favorite to "win" so badly even if it's to their detriment???  people fall in love for a variety of reasons... and it doesn't make one less of a person if somebody doesn't fall in love with them.   Chris is still a wonderful man even if Des preferred Brooks... so is Drew.... and every other guy that Des sent home up to this point (well a few are jerks but you know what I mean)  Every season and  thousands of times a day all over the earth people fall in love with one person, the person that makes your heart beat a little faster.  Sometimes it's the wrong choice, but it's their choice to make.  Who falls in love with the guy that's perfect on paper?  I didn't, but her was the perfect guy for me.. and me alone.  

Des didn't humiliate herself or look silly to me... she looked like a woman in love who's heart was breaking because the guy she loved with all her heart wasn't feeling the same.   And if Brooks comes back and she happily takes him back, she'll still be a woman in love trying for her happily ever after.  Girls usually fall in love first anyway, the guy realizes it much later.    

Perhaps....but would more appropriate if it read....

And if Brooks comes back and goes from "I cannot seeing myself loving her" to "I'm now in love with Des" and she happily takes him back, she'll still be a delusional woman in love trying for her happily ever after. Des can do whatever she wants....or whatever Fleiss says she should do. It's just a game show!! How long do you anticipate that will last??

LLiza

Female Posts : 213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:06 pm

BarbB222 wrote:^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Very Well Said NV^^^^^^^^^^^

I totally agree!

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:11 pm

A lot of us don't want our guy being picked if Des isn't feeling it but we also don't want her hurt by someone who said he wasn't in love with her just a few short days before. Was he lying then or later? I know love is risky but I can't help thinking "fool me once shame on you but fool me twice shame on me".

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15332

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:14 pm

albean99 wrote:A lot of us don't want our guy being picked if Des isn't feeling it but we also don't want her hurt by someone who said he wasn't in love with her just a few short days before. Was he lying then or later? I know love is risky but I can't help thinking "fool me once shame on you but fool me twice shame on me".
Actually since Des has already shared that her prior boyfriend wasn't in love with her... would this be "fool me three times"??
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by BarbB222 Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 pm

albean99 wrote:A lot of us don't want our guy being picked if Des isn't feeling it but we also don't want her hurt by someone who said he wasn't in love with her just a few short days before. Was he lying then or later? I know love is risky but I can't help thinking "fool me once shame on you but fool me twice shame on me".

Your own signature say,

If Brooks came to that ^^^ conclusion after his delusion why would it be shame on Des. This is an unreal environment to fall in love . Brooks tried to keep it real and so will his realization be.
BarbB222
BarbB222

Female Posts : 2366

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 pm

duplicate removed
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 19 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 19  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 10 (Finale Part 1) - 7/29 - Bachelorette 9 - Discussion - Spoilers

+51
beader
richmondrose
Pattycake92
eliza3
Aunties_Love