SELECT CONTENT

Brooks Discussion Group

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brooks Discussion Group - Page 34 Empty Re: Brooks Discussion Group

Post by Sprite Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:06 am

IrishGal wrote:Given the really bad ratings fr the Ash/JP wedding, I doubt they will be paying anyone much.
Like I wrote earlier, I don't think it will be anywhere near the payday of Trista and Ryan, but Sean is their golden boy. He did a ton of press for the show and brought in the best ratings they have had in several years and unlike Ashley and JP, who went back to their regualr lives, he did DWTS and kept up with the promotion of the show. He also did a lot of promotional events after the fact. (ASIDE: Does anyone remember if Ashley and JP did as many of these events? I don't recall that they did.) Cat was also brought back during Des's season and both made another appearance on the AFTR. It seems as if there was some concerted effort by producers to keep them in the public eye. Also, it seems that Sean has a fairly good grasp of business and I could see him making sure that they were compensated a little better than Jason and Molly since he would be the first Bachelor to wed his chosen F1 from the past 17 seasons.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:34 am

I definitely think Sean would get paid more than Chris and Des. The way they edited the end of Des' season didn't leave as many folks rooting for them. Plus, with the spoiler wrong, they have fewer fans, because less people got invested in their story. I'm not even sure they will get the offer. I do feel like they tweet regularly to get that offer though. It's half-heartedly, especially on Chris' part. Chris has a private IG, so I think, if not for the wedding (and the book to sell) they would disappear from the public eye completely and go back to normal lives. I wonder if they would ever combine the weddings, showing scenes from both to draw in both sets of fans for enough ratings? Have there been any recent hints on when Sean's will be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:09 am

grace8136 wrote:I definitely think Sean would get paid more than Chris and Des. The way they edited the end of Des' season didn't leave as many folks rooting for them. Plus, with the spoiler wrong, they have fewer fans, because less people got invested in their story. I'm not even sure they will get the offer. I do feel like they tweet regularly to get that offer though. It's half-heartedly, especially on Chris' part. Chris has a private IG, so I think, if not for the wedding (and the book to sell) they would disappear from the public eye completely and go back to normal lives. I wonder if they would ever combine the weddings, showing scenes from both to draw in both sets of fans for enough ratings? Have there been any recent hints on when Sean's will be?
Yes. At the AFTR they both said the announcement would be coming soon. Just a few days ago Cat's dad had a picture of himself taking dance classes in preparation for the wedding and someone asked it there was a date and he confirmed yes. Sean and Cat moved to Dallas last week and just started taking marriage prep classes through his church which will last eight weeks and finish at the end of October. Since these are usually followed fairly quickly by the wedding it would seem that the wedding would be any time from mid November through Christmas. JPab's season also ends earlier than Sean's and that would free up film crews to get the wedding filmed, edited and aired sometime before Jpab's starts. Similar to JP and Ashley.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen5354 Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:14 am

grace8136 wrote: I wonder if they would ever combine the weddings, showing scenes from both to draw in both sets of fans for enough ratings? Have there been any recent hints on when Sean's will be?
Possible, but not probable.  Fans on either side would not be happy if it were the arrangement IMO.

Karen5354

Female Posts : 276

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:41 pm

Karen5354 wrote:
grace8136 wrote: I wonder if they would ever combine the weddings, showing scenes from both to draw in both sets of fans for enough ratings? Have there been any recent hints on when Sean's will be?
Possible, but not probable.  Fans on either side would not be happy if it were the arrangement IMO.
I don't even think it has anything to do with fans on either side. Tptb just won't do it. Sean and Des' seasons were totally different. One brought in good ratings, really worked hard at selling the show post filming, is still very popular and will be the first bachelor to marry his F1; the other, well.......you can fill in the blanks however you want. I really empathize with Des and Chris fans. Waiting for a wedding you think should/will happen can be frustrating, but unfortunately you'll have to wait a little longer. Besides Des and Chris are still in the get-to-know phase of their relationship. If it is meant to be, their time will come.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:38 pm

Combined wedding is a bad idea for everyone involved and even if it were considered I can't see the couples going for it at all. Also, think about the relationships of Sean at one point dumping Des and then has a combined wedding with her...not happening. A way to save TPTB $ but I'm sure even they see this as a bad idea.

Last edited by Rolly on Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error)
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:44 pm

Course if they do have a combined wedding Brooks could be the best man for both couples giggling (Just a joke, I'm sure everyone knew that)....we are in the Brooks discussion thread after all....
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by karenap63 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:01 pm

Why is all of this in the Brooks discussion board? Shouldn't it be in the Chris/Dez board? Just asking.

karenap63

Female Posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:18 pm

karenap63 wrote:Why is all of this in the Brooks discussion board?  Shouldn't it be in the Chris/Dez board?   Just asking.  
I noticed that, lol.

I guess tangents happen ;)

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by karenap63 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:21 pm

Yep, and Brooks is just out doing his thing. laugh out loud giggling giggling giggling 

karenap63

Female Posts : 77

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:26 pm

Iploeg wrote:
Karen5354 wrote:
I don't even think it has anything to do with fans on either side. Tptb just won't do it. Sean and Des' seasons were totally different. One brought in good ratings, really worked hard at selling the show post filming, is still very popular and will be the first bachelor to marry his F1; the other, well.......you can fill in the blanks however you want. I really empathize with Des and Chris fans. Waiting for a wedding you think should/will happen can be frustrating, but unfortunately you'll have to wait a little longer. Besides Des and Chris are still in the get-to-know phase of their relationship. If it is meant to be, their time will come.

Totally agree! And yes waiting is hard but worth it! Congrats to the Sean and Cat fans! Your time seems to be close! At least all the successful couples are usually invited too! ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:29 pm

Rolly wrote:Combined wedding is a bad idea for everyone involved and even if it were considered I can't see the couples going for it at all. Also, think about the relationships of Sean at one point dumping Des and then has a combined wedding with her...not happening. A way to save TPTB $ but I'm sure even they see this as a bad idea.
I didn't mean like a double wedding. giggling That would be beyond weird. I meant air it in the same special. Bachelor weddings.. different locations and all. Maybe a 3 day special. My thought was just to get more people, higher ratings, but as Sprite said, sounds like SeanCat's wedding is coming very soon, so that is just another reason that it won't happen. I just don't know that they will air a Chris/Des wedding. Ash and JP had a much bigger fan base and if their rating were too low, sounds like a no to me. :Frown:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Brooks Discussion Group

+48
jlccaz
JBF
joy08