SELECT CONTENT

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Page 11 of 56 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 33 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by Catdwoman50 Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:33 pm

notarose wrote:Sharleen Joynt, between ‘The Bachelor’ and the challenges of an opera career

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/music/sharleen-joynt-between-the-bachelor-and-the-challenges-of-an-opera-career/2014/03/20/ed346a6a-ada8-11e3-a49e-76adc9210f19_story.html

Thanks very refreshing! Hope she goes far and also be able to find that balance. I would watch her performance if she gets a lead role, esp in NYC

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 11 Empty Re: Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

Post by 2observe Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:16 pm

lovelySC wrote:Loved the interview - like when she said JP tried to change her mind to go but we didn't see that. I still think Sharlene is JP's girl that "GOT AWAY". We probably have a different ending if she stays.
I think that Juan wanted to keep Sharlene around so that he could have let Rene go home to be with her son. He really enjoyed his conversations will her and they had being bi-lingual in common.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by jojo47 Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:19 pm

Here's another recent interview with Sharleen:

http://www.flare.com/celebrity/qa-sharleen-joynt-on-the-bachelor-and-juan-pablo/
jojo47
jojo47

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:54 pm

jojo47 wrote:Here's another recent interview with Sharleen:

http://www.flare.com/celebrity/qa-sharleen-joynt-on-the-bachelor-and-juan-pablo/

Q&A Sharleen Joynt on The Bachelor and Juan Pablo
Ottawa-native and opera diva, Sharleen Joynt.
Interview by Flannery Dean
Mar 24, 2014

Opera diva Sharleen Joynt, 29, delivered the drama during her stint on the 18th season of The Bachelor.

Oh, boy, did she ever! Too smart to play the game of love with bachelor-hunk Juan Pablo Galavais (but warm-blooded enough to enjoy his advances) Joynt stunned audiences with her frank assessment of their potential longevity (nil) and her decision to leave the show early rather than vie for the final rose.

FLARE caught up with the 29-year-old Ottawa native in NYC, where she’s rehearsing for the Metropolitan Opera’s upcoming production of Arabella. The amiable beauty let loose on everything from Juan Pablo’s bad rap, to that awkward first kiss, and whether or not she still wishes she were “more dumb.”

Juan Pablo Galavais has been called the worst bachelor in the history of the show. Does he deserve that title?
No. But I know him personally. I think that unless you know someone personally it’s a little harsh to say anything like that. I feel even more strongly that way since being on the show and having people say horrible things about me. I just don’t think it’s anyone’s place to judge.

How is he being misunderstood?
I think he’s stubborn and at this point being intentionally defiant. He doesn’t want to give them what they want to hear just because he knows they want to hear it. There is something like a petulant child about that but at the same time does that make him ‘the worst bachelor in Bachelor history’? I don’t think so.

Maybe he’s too much of a guy? Not enough of a ‘Bachelor’ and too much of a guy.
Yeah, something like that. It was painful watching that finale because I thought it’s one hour of your life, so just soften it a little. You don’t have to say I love you but soften it and then you can move on with your life. But he seemed like he was really over it.

Have you spoken to him since then?
After that episode we, and a bunch of Bachelor alumni, went out and hung out. It was fun, but it’s not like we talk on the phone or anything. We’ve tweeted at each other here and again, but…

Is it awkward to see him again? Does it feel like you’re seeing an ex?
Not really because there is something kind of otherworldly about the experience. It doesn’t really feel like it happened in this world [laughing]. That sounds really bizarre, but it’s like you had a dream and then you woke up and you realize quickly that it wasn’t real.

You and Juan Pablo definitely had chemistry, or seemed to..
Yeah, I’m not saying what we had wasn’t real, but to consider him an ex-boyfriend is a little…

It’s a stretch, I guess. You did have chemistry on the show. Why wasn’t that enough for you?
I have said that I would have happily dated him. He’s someone that I could have dated and called my boyfriend, but I knew that hometown dates were coming up. Could I realistically introduce him to my parents as a potential husband? I knew that at that point I’d be faking it. I’d be officially acting and up to that point I had been completely myself. That was like drawing the line in the sand there.

When did you decide you wanted to leave the show? Was there a moment?
I wouldn’t say there was one key moment where I was like, ‘Oh, he doesn’t get me’. It wasn’t like that. I had a lot of doubt from day one and each week I was less and less confident that what we had was something sustainable. I would say that probably there was a conversation in New Zealand on the group date where I just felt like every ball I was throwing he misunderstood me so we would just start making out.

Yes. When in doubt, make out.
Exactly. And I mean there are times when you aren’t in the mood for that and you just want to have a talk [laughing].

How does it feel to make out on TV?
The first kiss was excruciating to watch and it was also excruciating to be a part of. I knew it was a horrible kiss. I didn’t know what to do; I was so uncomfortable; I didn’t feel ready to kiss him; I was pretty sure the other girls could see us; I was wearing red lipstick; the lights were super-bright, and the cameras were just metres away from us. There were eight cameras like right in your face. And so whenever people criticize that kiss I’m kind of like, ‘what would you do in that situation’?

In your farewell you said, “I wish I was more dumb”. Do you still wish that?
I got a lot of flak for saying that. I think a lot of people thought it was directed at him, but I really didn’t mean that at all. It was sort of taken out of context. We were talking about living day to day, and for me I’m a total over-analyzer, like I have to take sleeping pills otherwise my brain just won’t shut off. So, we were more talking in that realm where I was like, I wish I were dumber.

That’s more self-critical.
Yes, it’s similar to [the expression] ‘ignorance is bliss’ but a little sweeter, I think. But at the same time, do I actually wish that? Of course not! I mean there are certainly moments where you fantasize about that. I also hate the way it sounded. A lot of people thought I sounded like I was so painfully intelligent.

Yeah, it’s sort of ‘if only I could relate to you idiots better’.
Yeah, that’s not how I meant it! I’m just so self-critical. I’m the kind of person that if I think I’ve said something that could’ve possibly been misunderstood or misinterpreted earlier in the day I’ll be kept awake about it in the night and send whoever I said it to a text message saying ‘I hope you didn’t misunderstand me’.

Bachelor host Chris Harrison praised you for being one of the more interesting contestants. Why do you think you stand out?
He called me ‘the most intriguing contestant of all time’. That’s really extreme. I just say what I think and it’s amazing how few people do that I guess, really, when you think about it. I’m the kind of friend that if I meet a friend’s boyfriend for the first time but I actually didn’t like him I’ll just tell her that. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but other times it can be refreshing.

It is refreshing because most of the women watching the show are making fun of it—the hot tub, etc.
Oh my god, yes. When I used to watch it was like full-blown guilty pleasure. Not a single part of me thought that it was serious.

Who is your ideal man or celeb crush?
You know Topher Grace? He was on That 70s Show. I sort of had a celebrity crush on him for a while because he was smart and nerdy. I think John Krasinski is adorable. I mean what girl doesn’t think that? There’s one other one…the guy who was in Inception…Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Where does finding love fit into your future plans?
The show made me realize it’s a top priority for me. My career has been No. 1 for so long. It’s a really lonely career. I spend a lot of my time living out of my suitcase on my own. I think when I decided to go on the show even that was a light-bulb moment, whether or not it was going to work out for me. Because let’s be honest, it was a 1 in 25 chance and I’m too pragmatic to have thought I was going to be the one. But the fact that I was taking the time off to do this bizarre, incredible thing made me realize that it’s now my top priority, or near it.

Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:25 am

Amberish wrote:
jojo47 wrote:Here's another recent interview with Sharleen:

Q&A Sharleen Joynt on The Bachelor and Juan Pablo
Ottawa-native and opera diva, Sharleen Joynt.
Interview by Flannery Dean
Mar 24, 2014

Opera diva Sharleen Joynt, 29, delivered the drama during her stint on the 18th season of The Bachelor.

Oh, boy, did she ever! Too smart to play the game of love with bachelor-hunk Juan Pablo Galavais (but warm-blooded enough to enjoy his advances) Joynt stunned audiences with her frank assessment of their potential longevity (nil) and her decision to leave the show early rather than vie for the final rose.

FLARE caught up with the 29-year-old Ottawa native in NYC, where she’s rehearsing for the Metropolitan Opera’s upcoming production of Arabella. The amiable beauty let loose on everything from Juan Pablo’s bad rap, to that awkward first kiss, and whether or not she still wishes she were “more dumb.”

Juan Pablo Galavais has been called the worst bachelor in the history of the show. Does he deserve that title?
No. But I know him personally. I think that unless you know someone personally it’s a little harsh to say anything like that. I feel even more strongly that way since being on the show and having people say horrible things about me. I just don’t think it’s anyone’s place to judge.

I think he’s stubborn and at this point being intentionally defiant. He doesn’t want to give them what they want to hear just because he knows they want to hear it. There is something like a petulant child about that but at the same time does that make him ‘the worst bachelor in Bachelor history’? I don’t think so.

Maybe he’s too much of a guy? Not enough of a ‘Bachelor’ and too much of a guy.
Yeah, something like that. It was painful watching that finale because I thought it’s one hour of your life, so just soften it a little. You don’t have to say I love you but soften it and then you can move on with your life. But he seemed like he was really over it.

Have you spoken to him since then?
After that episode we, and a bunch of Bachelor alumni, went out and hung out. It was fun, but it’s not like we talk on the phone or anything. We’ve tweeted at each other here and again, but…

Is it awkward to see him again? Does it feel like you’re seeing an ex?
Not really because there is something kind of otherworldly about the experience. It doesn’t really feel like it happened in this world [laughing]. That sounds really bizarre, but it’s like you had a dream and then you woke up and you realize quickly that it wasn’t real.

You and Juan Pablo definitely had chemistry, or seemed to..
Yeah, I’m not saying what we had wasn’t real, but to consider him an ex-boyfriend is a little…

It’s a stretch, I guess. You did have chemistry on the show. Why wasn’t that enough for you?
I have said that I would have happily dated him. He’s someone that I could have dated and called my boyfriend, but I knew that hometown dates were coming up. Could I realistically introduce him to my parents as a potential husband? I knew that at that point I’d be faking it. I’d be officially acting and up to that point I had been completely myself. That was like drawing the line in the sand there.

When did you decide you wanted to leave the show? Was there a moment?
I wouldn’t say there was one key moment where I was like, ‘Oh, he doesn’t get me’. It wasn’t like that. I had a lot of doubt from day one and each week I was less and less confident that what we had was something sustainable. I would say that probably there was a conversation in New Zealand on the group date where I just felt like every ball I was throwing he misunderstood me so we would just start making out.

Yes. When in doubt, make out.
Exactly. And I mean there are times when you aren’t in the mood for that and you just want to have a talk [laughing].

How does it feel to make out on TV?
The first kiss was excruciating to watch and it was also excruciating to be a part of. I knew it was a horrible kiss. I didn’t know what to do; I was so uncomfortable; I didn’t feel ready to kiss him; I was pretty sure the other girls could see us; I was wearing red lipstick; the lights were super-bright, and the cameras were just metres away from us. There were eight cameras like right in your face. And so whenever people criticize that kiss I’m kind of like, ‘what would you do in that situation’?

In your farewell you said, “I wish I was more dumb”. Do you still wish that?
I got a lot of flak for saying that. I think a lot of people thought it was directed at him, but I really didn’t mean that at all. It was sort of taken out of context. We were talking about living day to day, and for me I’m a total over-analyzer, like I have to take sleeping pills otherwise my brain just won’t shut off. So, we were more talking in that realm where I was like, I wish I were dumber.

That’s more self-critical.
Yes, it’s similar to [the expression] ‘ignorance is bliss’ but a little sweeter, I think. But at the same time, do I actually wish that? Of course not! I mean there are certainly moments where you fantasize about that. I also hate the way it sounded. A lot of people thought I sounded like I was so painfully intelligent.

Yeah, it’s sort of ‘if only I could relate to you idiots better’.
Yeah, that’s not how I meant it! I’m just so self-critical. I’m the kind of person that if I think I’ve said something that could’ve possibly been misunderstood or misinterpreted earlier in the day I’ll be kept awake about it in the night and send whoever I said it to a text message saying ‘I hope you didn’t misunderstand me’.

Bachelor host Chris Harrison praised you for being one of the more interesting contestants. Why do you think you stand out?
He called me ‘the most intriguing contestant of all time’. That’s really extreme. I just say what I think and it’s amazing how few people do that I guess, really, when you think about it. I’m the kind of friend that if I meet a friend’s boyfriend for the first time but I actually didn’t like him I’ll just tell her that. It can be a pain in the ass sometimes, but other times it can be refreshing.

It is refreshing because most of the women watching the show are making fun of it—the hot tub, etc.
Oh my god, yes. When I used to watch it was like full-blown guilty pleasure. Not a single part of me thought that it was serious.

Who is your ideal man or celeb crush?
You know Topher Grace? He was on That 70s Show. I sort of had a celebrity crush on him for a while because he was smart and nerdy. I think John Krasinski is adorable. I mean what girl doesn’t think that? There’s one other one…the guy who was in Inception…Joseph Gordon Levitt.

Where does finding love fit into your future plans?
The show made me realize it’s a top priority for me. My career has been No. 1 for so long. It’s a really lonely career. I spend a lot of my time living out of my suitcase on my own. I think when I decided to go on the show even that was a light-bulb moment, whether or not it was going to work out for me. Because let’s be honest, it was a 1 in 25 chance and I’m too pragmatic to have thought I was going to be the one. But the fact that I was taking the time off to do this bizarre, incredible thing made me realize that it’s now my top priority, or near it.

I really agree w/the below assessment of Juan Pablo snipped from the article:

For me is was never a matter of him choosing Nikki over Clare or not proposing to Nikki or not saying 'I love you' to Nikki - it was his behavior and attitude at ATFR. Although I didn't really care for how he treated Clare during the last show either. Juan Pablo is not the only bachelor in the history of the show to get a bad edit. A few others (Jason, Brad and Ben) I think had worse edits, but they were able to keep an amicable relationship w/TPTB. I think to some extent, even w/the most popular bachelors/bachelorettes, they are vilified by the general public to some degree for various things like not picking the favorite or their treatment of some of the contestants on their season, etc. I think the same will happen to Andi when her show airs as well, although probably not to the extent that it happened to Juan Pablo. It's just the nature of the show. Happens every single season.
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:08 am

I also agree with what Sharleen said about JP, Sable. He did come across as a "petulant child" and really hurt his own image in the process. 

I think I like Sharleen more and more every time I see another interview. It's too bad she's getting some flak from being on the show and hope it doesn't ultimately hurt her in her career.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:59 pm

Just a point of information: In the newspaper edition of the Washington Post article: the title of the article is "A soprano weighs her sacrifices" and the picture is a lovely one of Sharleen as herself, not as a character in an opera. Funny how the online article had those differences.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:01 pm

Amberish wrote:

One of Sharleen's gifts is she is able to point this out without sounding like she dislikes him.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:04 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:

One of Sharleen's gifts is she is able to point this out without sounding like she dislikes him.

JMHO but I think she is in a position where discretion is the better part of valor. She has apparently left Germany behind and is in the US rehearsing to sing at the Met in April. From the newspaper article, it would seem she is trying to establish herself in the US. She will need representation here and if she comes across as a sourpuss that will only be to her detriment.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Brill Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:18 pm

IMO, Sharleen just seemed to be very classy, mature and did not want to get into the nitty gritty of the show the way some of the contestants do.
I'm sure some of it had to do with her career but also maybe she is just that type of person that tries to see the best in a person.

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion - Page 11 G61033

"All Opinions By Me are IMO, Unless Otherwise Noted" Hugesmile
Brill
Brill

Female Posts : 3171

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:29 am

Sharleen has also defend JPG, especially with the gay comments. I actually think that he appreciates her honest opinion and even as a fan while I loved watching him stick it to CH "the professional", it was defiant to the edge of rude and made a bad situation worse.

I would love to hear Sharleen sing live, but I also love opera.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:02 pm

stuckinsc wrote:Sharleen has also defend JPG, especially with the gay comments.  I actually think that he appreciates her honest opinion and even as a fan while I loved watching him stick it to CH "the professional", it was defiant to the edge of rude and made a bad situation worse.  

I would love to hear Sharleen sing live, but I also love opera.

Agree, she has defended him in many areas. She is definitely NOT a passive-aggressive type of person. She says what she means and means what she says - no hidden agenda with this woman.
Not surprised she found fault with JPG at the ATFR (warranted) yet joined JPG & Nikki for dinner right after. It's just another indication of her maturity to be able to disagree with an action but still care about the person.

It would be fun to watch her perform  :yes: 
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 56 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 33 ... 56  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sharleen Joynt & Andy Levine - Bachelor 18 - Discussion

+95
Mommyof2
mysthelma
alwaystulips
SunnyRachel
ddsmom17