SELECT CONTENT

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 33 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Sprite Sat May 24, 2014 6:16 am

dw_a_mom wrote:We have to remember that it is good for the show and good for voting to act like a couple.  And that isn't something that is all that easy to turn off.  You get used to being physical with the person; that is just part of the relationship.  Val described it more as King Kong love, and that isn't exactly marriage.

I would guess that Maks would like to date Meryl, given how he reacts to her, but I am having more trouble seeing Meryl choosing to date Maks.  Hard to say why, but I think that even though she knows how to handle him and cares about him, she might prefer to stick to what she grew up with, which seem to be calm, happy, less moody people.  And I can't imagine her dating him unless she thought it could be serious; she just doesn't seem to be the type.  And, well, she is YOUNG and still career driven, and it probably isn't on her agenda to get involved with a hot, sexy but not all that easy guy who has stated multiple times that he would like to start a family.

People can love and care about each other while realizing they aren't meant to be together.

I've learned with this show to not trust what you think you see until you've received outside verification.  I very much enjoyed what I saw, though.

I understand what you are saying about making "couples" for the sake of the show. I usually don't buy what they are selling. This is one instance where I do see real attraction between two people and not just for the sake of the show.

This is a whole new Maks. I have seen him with partners that he really liked...Mel B, Kirstie, Erin...but, this is a whole other level. There is respect, fun, gentleness, protectiveness, and sex appeal off the charts. I think he admires her work ethic and that she is as hard working and passionate about what she does as he is...which is why Julienne's crack about phoning it in really ticked me and him off! I think he is also taken aback by his own response to her and he knows his reputation and seems in to be almost protecting her from himself and that reputation and the expectations that come with it. The last two women he dated were sex pots Peta and Kate Upton...very, very different from Meryl who is said to be very shy and clearly not so upfront about flaunting her goodies.

I also agree that Meryl seems more reluctant about the relationship. He is clearly very physical, touchy feely with her on and off the dance floor. I have never seen him this affectionate with anyone off the dance floor. She is clearly more reserved when not dancing, however, she is also protective and very supportive of him and her own friends and colleagues have commented on how they have never seen the emotion and sensuality from her that Maks seems to be bringing out. She seems to be trying to figure this...whatever it is...out and if it is a yes or no, she will be the one deciding whether to take that chance or not. I suspect, that until they decide, they will try to keep it as private as possible.

This was my favourite season because I liked every one of the contestants and for me the quality of the dancing was really good. Amy was amazing, Danica was really fun to watch and James was really good. It was interesting watching Candice and Drew and getting to know a little bit about someone like Diana, who I knew so little about. But it was M&M who stood out head and shoulders above the rest. They just made the whole season so much fun and exciting because we got to see a sort of raw honesty in dance, that we typically don't get to see in this contrived, manufactured setting. Whether M&M remain friends or colleagues or take their relationship to the next level, they have created a magic on the dance floor that will be hard to top.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 33 Empty Re: DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Newto Sat May 24, 2014 11:10 am

Great post, Sprite. Sums it all up!!
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat May 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Excellent post Sprite - ITA!!!

____________________________________________________________________________                       
Don't look down on anyone unless you are helping them up.
Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.  Proverbs 13:20
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat May 24, 2014 12:25 pm

I didn't even watch dwts consistently this season or any season really, but I've been sucked into Meryl and Maks because they're so amazing together, better chemistry than most of the Bach final couples by miles and miles. I will say about Maks that I think the "real" him is the him with Meryl. I watched his entire season of the Ukranian Bachelor and he really is a sweet, gentle teddy bear even though he has the temper flares and plays a great lothario character. Watching him with all the girls was really telling, he was just kind and respectful and did a better job than 99% of US leads IMO. He even cried when the show came back to visit his hometown and took him to his old apartment. And his relationship with his family is so sweet and warm.

His f2 women were polar opposites and he chose a really witchy princess girl instead of the sweet one. With his f1 he really played the normal dwts character instead of his real person. I mean everyone is multifaceted and doesn't just have one side of course but who he is with Meryl really seems more inline with who he was on the Bach too.

I know it's probably all fantasy but I would love for them to be the real thing. He really makes her a sexy woman and she's obviously brings out all the best in him.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Alanna wrote:I didn't even watch dwts consistently this season or any season really, but I've been sucked into Meryl and Maks because they're so amazing together, better chemistry than most of the Bach final couples by miles and miles. I will say about Maks that I think the "real" him is the him with Meryl. I watched his entire season of the Ukranian Bachelor and he really is a sweet, gentle teddy bear even though he has the temper flares and plays a great lothario character. Watching him with all the girls was really telling, he was just kind and respectful and did a better job than 99% of US leads IMO. He even cried when the show came back to visit his hometown and took him to his old apartment. And his relationship with his family is so sweet and warm.

His f2 women were polar opposites and he chose a really witchy princess girl instead of the sweet one. With his f1 he really played the normal dwts character instead of his real person. I mean everyone is multifaceted and doesn't just have one side of course but who he is with Meryl really seems more inline with who he was on the Bach too.

I know it's probably all fantasy but I would love for them to be the real thing. He really makes her a sexy woman and she's obviously brings out all the best in him.

I didn't watch the Ukranian Bachelor. I tried to find it on youtube but couldn't understand it...is that what you saw?

But, I agree with you about him being multifaceted and the real man is much more complex than the bad boy of the ballroom and sex on a stick that he and the producers play up. Seeing him with Val and his family shows a humorous and more gentle man. The fact that his best friend is Tony...by all accounts one of the nicest pros around...should speak volumes. I can't see Tony being best buddies and business partner with a jerk. And the fact that the man blushes...come on! He is passionate about what he does and gives it his all and in turn, wants others to give their best as well. He gets frustrated when they don't. He is not always the most diplomatic, but I kind of get that. It is a very European thing...we argue...loudly...and aren't as PC as North Americans. I think one of the reasons he left was because he was burning out with keeping up this "persona". He had a break, got some perspective, came back and lucked out with Meryl. It was so nice seeing him really happy. I think one of the things that I really liked best about their partnership was that they were both so caring about the other. He wanted to give her his very best and she in turn, wanted the same for him. They both wanted to win so badly, but seemingly more to make the other happy rather that just for themselves. It was truly lovely to watch and it would be lovely for us if the fantasy turned into reality. Better than any Bachelor/ette!

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Sprite wrote:
Alanna wrote:I didn't even watch dwts consistently this season or any season really, but I've been sucked into Meryl and Maks because they're so amazing together, better chemistry than most of the Bach final couples by miles and miles. I will say about Maks that I think the "real" him is the him with Meryl. I watched his entire season of the Ukranian Bachelor and he really is a sweet, gentle teddy bear even though he has the temper flares and plays a great lothario character. Watching him with all the girls was really telling, he was just kind and respectful and did a better job than 99% of US leads IMO. He even cried when the show came back to visit his hometown and took him to his old apartment. And his relationship with his family is so sweet and warm.

I didn't watch the Ukranian Bachelor. I tried to find it on youtube but couldn't understand it...is that what you saw?

But, I agree with you about him being multifaceted and the real man is much more complex than the bad boy of the ballroom and sex on a stick that he and the producers play up. Seeing him with Val and his family shows a humorous and more gentle man. The fact that his best friend is Tony...by all accounts one of the nicest pros around...should speak volumes. I can't see Tony being best buddies and business partner with a jerk. And the fact that the man blushes...come on! He is passionate about what he does and gives it his all and in turn, wants others to give their best as well. He gets frustrated when they don't. He is not always the most diplomatic, but I kind of get that. It is a very European thing...we argue...loudly...and aren't as PC as North Americans. I think one of the reasons he left was because he was burning out with keeping up this "persona". He had a break, got some perspective, came back and lucked out with Meryl. It was so nice seeing him really happy. I think one of the things that I really liked best about their partnership was that they were both so caring about the other. He wanted to give her his very best and she in turn, wanted the same for him. They both wanted to win so badly, but seemingly more to make the other happy rather that just for themselves. It was truly lovely to watch and it would be lovely for us if the fantasy turned into reality. Better than any Bachelor/ette!

:alltens: word Good Post 

That being said, can we ask dear admin/mods to provide us a Maks and Meryl thread so we can continue our MnM discussion and updates there ? I notice we were hijacking this general DWTS 18 thread for quite some time giggling. I'll go with the consensus though Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat May 24, 2014 2:37 pm

Yep, the full series is on YouTube. It's all in Russian despite being the Ukrainian version and channel and I'm a native speaker so I could understand it. It would have been great if everyone could have seen a translated version!

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Sat May 24, 2014 4:27 pm

I am totally in M&M withdrawal ... anyone else?

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat May 24, 2014 5:02 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I am totally in M&M withdrawal ... anyone else?

Yes indeed but thanks to youtube I am giving myself a daily fix. Monday night will be hard to take with no M&M!!
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat May 24, 2014 5:03 pm

Alanna wrote:Yep, the full series is on YouTube. It's all in Russian despite being the Ukrainian version and channel and I'm a native speaker so I could understand it. It would have been great if everyone could have seen a translated version!

Lucky you. I may go back and try it. I am Croatian which is also a Slavic language like Russian so I may be able to understand some stuff.

Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 24, 2014 9:47 pm

Yes, I'm with you on the M & M withdrawl!  giggling  I have to admit, they were great, they've got me sucked in, hook line and sinker!!  :fishing: 

Back to top Go down

Post by Muslady Sat May 24, 2014 10:17 pm

Max64 wrote:

Yes, I'm with you on the M & M withdrawl!      giggling       I have to admit, they were great, they've got me sucked in, hook line and sinker!!   :fishing: 

I'm right there with you! I'm searching for anything and everything I can find.  
Muslady
Muslady

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

DWTS Season 18 - Discussion - *Spoilers*

+39
Muslady
Bhaka
Shadow
moonpie
lipsis