SELECT CONTENT

The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Page 15 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:47 pm

atem wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
chloep wrote:Andy herself grew up on in a household where her parents didn't share the same religious beliefs(her Mom is Catholic, her Dad is Jewish). I doubt it's a deal-breaker for her. Especially since she doesn't seem to "actively" practice her faith.

Interesting, in the jewish faith, don't the children take the mother's faith?  If her mom is still Catholic, would that make her Catholic?

I wanted to answer your question.
I am jewish.
There are many shades of "Jew".  There are orthodox, conservative, reform, hasidic, traditional etc etc etc variants of the religion.  Things also can vary by geographical area, as I learned myself having grown up in the midwest and then being transplanted 35 yrs later to the east coast.
Once upon a time it was considered if your mother was of the jewish faith, it would technically be passed on through you regardless of what you chose to practice (I guess in the eyes of God). During times of religious genocide, zealots did not care if you were jewish from your paternal side or maternal side, you were jewish.
Like many other things in these times--anything goes. Many times parents will take a little bit of this from one religion and a little bit of that from another.
I can not answer what her particular situation is--but certainly as in other mixed religion families, what they chose to do was what worked for them.

Thanks for the post Kasha, but didn't Andi indicate she practices one over the other?  I'm sure that it won't come up until it's too late.  LOL

Like I said in my last sentence,  I can't tell you what her particular situation is or what works for her.
In my own situation, my nephew who is jewish and raised reformed, but with strong family traditions just got engaged to a young woman who is not jewish. Meantime, my niece--his sister is in rabbinical school and her fiance is also studying to be a rabbi. These things are all very individualized as I am sure happens in most religions in our present times.
I'm sure if religion were really a deal breaker for her, she would have gone on J-date.(a well known jewish online dating site)

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 15 Empty Re: The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion

Post by jcrbil Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:12 pm

I agree about Andi and religion, Kasha. It might end up being something she has in common with someone, but I just don't get the impression that she organizes her life around it. I do think she will know what, if any, religion, each of the last 7 or 8 guys is.... maybe I'm being generous- might only be the last 3.... but she'll know important things about the last 3 for sure.

jcrbil

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:34 am

Kashathediva wrote:
atem wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
chloep wrote:Andy herself grew up on in a household where her parents didn't share the same religious beliefs(her Mom is Catholic, her Dad is Jewish). I doubt it's a deal-breaker for her. Especially since she doesn't seem to "actively" practice her faith.

Interesting, in the jewish faith, don't the children take the mother's faith?  If her mom is still Catholic, would that make her Catholic?

I am jewish.
There are many shades of "Jew".  There are orthodox, conservative, reform, hasidic, traditional etc etc etc variants of the religion.  Things also can vary by geographical area, as I learned myself having grown up in the midwest and then being transplanted 35 yrs later to the east coast.
Once upon a time it was considered if your mother was of the jewish faith, it would technically be passed on through you regardless of what you chose to practice (I guess in the eyes of God). During times of religious genocide, zealots did not care if you were jewish from your paternal side or maternal side, you were jewish.
Like many other things in these times--anything goes. Many times parents will take a little bit of this from one religion and a little bit of that from another.
I can not answer what her particular situation is--but certainly as in other mixed religion families, what they chose to do was what worked for them.

Thanks for the post Kasha, but didn't Andi indicate she practices one over the other?  I'm sure that it won't come up until it's too late.  LOL

Like I said in my last sentence,  I can't tell you what her particular situation is or what works for her.
In my own situation, my nephew who is jewish and raised reformed, but with strong family traditions just got engaged to a young woman who is not jewish. Meantime, my niece--his sister is in rabbinical school and her fiance is also studying to be a rabbi. These things are all very individualized as I am sure happens in most religions in our present times.
I'm sure if religion were really a deal breaker for her, she would have gone on J-date.(a well known jewish online dating site)

Thank you for the explanation, Kasha! My only experience is with two couples where the man was jewish and the woman was not. In one case the woman was being strongly encouraged to convert, so that any possible children would be jewish without question. This particular girl was a bit of a drama queen, so she might have made it sound more serious than it was. My other friends, the couple was jewish and hindu. She did not convert and they did have a combined wedding with jewish and hindu traditions. I haven't kept up so not sure how they are raising the children.

I know from living in Atlanta that their is a strong jewish community in Atlanta as well as a strong catholic community so it could be either one. Or she may not be very religious either way.

On the bachelor, I remember her telling JPG he was catholic, but I don't know that she said what her religion was when she asked him if he knew her religion. I thought it was catholic like him, which would make him not knowing something they share even funnier. I also refuse to watch any scene from this show more than once (with one exception) so I can't confirm that she didn't say it there.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:58 am

Kashathediva wrote:
atem wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I am jewish.

Thanks for you impute Kasha!  yes 

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:31 am

stuckinsc wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
atem wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I am jewish.

Thank you for the explanation, Kasha!  My only experience is with two couples where the man was jewish and the woman was not.  In one case the woman was being strongly encouraged to convert, so that any possible children would be jewish without question.  This particular girl was a bit of a drama queen, so she might have made it sound more serious than it was.  My other friends, the couple was jewish and hindu.  She did not convert and they did have a combined wedding with jewish and hindu traditions.  I haven't kept up so not sure how they are raising the children.

I know from living in Atlanta that their is a strong jewish community in Atlanta as well as a strong catholic community so it could be either one.  Or she may not be very religious either way.  

On the bachelor, I remember her telling JPG he was catholic, but I don't know that she said what her religion was when she asked him if he knew her religion.  I thought it was catholic like him, which would make him not knowing something they share even funnier.  I also refuse to watch any scene from this show more than once (with one exception) so I can't confirm that she didn't say it there.

Regarding the bolded....After she asked him if he knew what her religion was and he gave her his blank stare, she answered Jewish so I am assuming that is what she identifies as.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:09 am

Sprite wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
atem wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

I am jewish.

Thank you for the explanation, Kasha!  My only experience is with two couples where the man was jewish and the woman was not.  In one case the woman was being strongly encouraged to convert, so that any possible children would be jewish without question.  This particular girl was a bit of a drama queen, so she might have made it sound more serious than it was.  My other friends, the couple was jewish and hindu.  She did not convert and they did have a combined wedding with jewish and hindu traditions.  I haven't kept up so not sure how they are raising the children.

I know from living in Atlanta that their is a strong jewish community in Atlanta as well as a strong catholic community so it could be either one.  Or she may not be very religious either way.  

On the bachelor, I remember her telling JPG he was catholic, but I don't know that she said what her religion was when she asked him if he knew her religion.  I thought it was catholic like him, which would make him not knowing something they share even funnier.  I also refuse to watch any scene from this show more than once (with one exception) so I can't confirm that she didn't say it there.

Regarding the bolded....After she asked him if he knew what her religion was and he gave her his blank stare, she answered Jewish so I am assuming that is what she identifies as.

umm, actually Andi never said clearly on camera what her religion is. She just answered JP`s question , she knew he is a catholic. (1:48 mark) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFihbtIdJNE

Back to top Go down

Post by momoftrips Wed Mar 19, 2014 1:43 pm

Geneva Marissa  ‏@NibsRivera12  · 16h  
My cousin is on the new bachelorette!

Jessica Devai ‏@lil_devai  · 37m  
My professor's son is on this season of the bachelorette. He already got a rose SpoilerAlert

The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 15 2dhsaj4
momoftrips
momoftrips

Female Posts : 3098

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:47 pm

Sprite, I didn't hear that and muraski, I like you just heard her tell him he was Catholic.

Not that big of a deal, just curious. I wonder if she is jewish, is she is like JP and it isn't something that will decide anything for her.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:49 pm

The 10 galleries are up and listed:
http://wp.me/p1Pls6-5BN

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:20 pm

I think that whole religion conversation between Andi and Juan Pablo was edited; it definitely looked that way to me. Meaning she probably said it and then it was edited. The rapid fire return of the question did not appear natural to me when I watched it; they must have needed 3 seconds for something else ;) . RS's source told him that she had answered Jewish, btw.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:46 pm

There are some first names of a few of the guys on the group date given by RS. A Pat, and a Bradley. I guess he's waiting until tomorrow to post more info on them and the rest on the date.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:52 pm

atem wrote:There are some first names of a few of the guys on the group date given by RS.  A Pat, and a Bradley.  I guess he's waiting until tomorrow to post more info on them and the rest on the date.

Pat and Bradley are two guys we already have contestant threads for so they aren't new guys.

The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 15 87b72b10 The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 15 86669110 The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion - Page 15 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 35 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25 ... 35  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

The Bachelorette 10 Possible Contestants - *Spoilers* - Discussion

+53
carnegiesmith2014
IrishGal
nutty1
Beagle
SLA44