SELECT CONTENT

Suggestions for the Forum

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions for the Forum - Page 3 Empty Re: Suggestions for the Forum

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:17 pm

Clarifying what we are trying to acomplish.

No Spoilers No Sleuthing - no spoilers what's so ever

No Spoilers - Sleuthing - old fashion sleuthing, use as many threads as you like, Edit, ScreenCaps, Contestants etc however, do not mention RS or any type of spoilers. Delete any post right away.

Spoilers - Sleuthing - Posters can sleuth and spoil all they want, including RS or whatever source they want. They can have several different threads as well, Edit ScreenCaps, Contestants etc

There will be duplicates, however it has to be kept separate. Someone in the Spoilers Sleuthing Thread might discuss something RS said when comparing a SCap, where as in the No Spoiler Sleuthing, no mention of RS.

Correct?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:19 pm

Correct GA.

JP's non-spoiler forum rocked it, it was a very active forum, with many non-spoiled members sleuthing. It was really only until the Fantasy dates, LCD's that people got sloppy letting some things slip.

Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Write Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:22 pm

My suggestion - for what it's worth - is that we ask some questions, the answers to which might help define what is permissible and not permissible on the non-spoiler threads.

Do you want to know episode-by-episode spoilers? (I presume the answer is “no”)
Do you want to know spoilers that tell you a contestant’s fate? (I presume the answer is “no”)
Do you want to know spoilers that tell you the outcome of rose ceremonies? (I presume the answer is “no”)
Do you want to know spoilers that tell you the identity of contestants? (I presume the answer is “yes”)
Do you want to know official episode descriptions (I presume the answer is “yes”)
Do you want to know spoilers that tell you filming locations? (Not sure about this - thoughts?) (Eg. Wetpaint is reporting Andi goes to the moon this season)
Do you want to know spoilers from social media that repeat spoiler-site and media-reported outcomes, rose ceremonies and episode details (I presume the answer is “no”) (Eg. a tweet from someone who says RS is reporting the F1 is ….)
Do you want spoilers/reports on social media from the general public about what they know and see (I’m guessing the answer might be  “yes” but maybe not) (Eg.  a tweet from someone who says her uncle is back home having been on TB)

Mr Write

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Write Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:25 pm

My garbled thoughts another put another way:

I think what the folks on the “no-spoilers thread” really want to avoid are episode-by-episode spoilers, and inside information that tells them either the a contestant’s fate and the outcomes of rose ceremonies.  It seems they are ok with contestant identity spoilers, ie. being told who the contestants are.   It is unclear to me if they are also ok with location spoilers (ie. being told where filming is going to take place) or information from social media that reveals information about the outcome or rose ceremonies.  This last one is a little tricky, since my sense is that folks in the non-spoiler thread want to be able to sleuth social media, but do not want repetition of spoilers via social media.

Mr Write

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:46 pm

I don't know about the tweets/social media, Mr Write. Maybe that one can wait for now. I think we could ask questions. Several have already made suggestions and commented on what they'd like to see. I really think the main thing is that nobody wants anyone to tell them what happens, especially if it's from RS.  :Nod: 

GA, maybe I'm wrong but I think of sleuthing as things like figuring out SCs, locations, and edit. Maybe that can be a category with those threads in it instead of labeling all of them sleuthing. We're going to have other categories like contestants, media, and episode discussions that won't be sleuthing. Like I said, I'm off tomorrow so will be spending some time in the morning trying to get things organized. We can add and tweak along the way, especially when a member asks for something. To me the beauty of having categories and separate areas is that it's easy for members to avoid things they don't want to see. Of course LM & San weren't too strict about where people post so there's a lot of going off topic. My guess is they didn't want this to be like Fort with the infractions.  

Thanks for bringing bios over, Bet!  I can't wait to check them out.   yes

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15306

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:17 am

Those are all good questions Mr Write and something we can use as a guide.

Yes albean, when I say sleuthing that's what I mean too. Figuring out SCaps, locations, edit, body language. That's how it was before RS came along. We found the contestants on our own and everything else that went with it. We had the little red convertable gal that actually did drive by's at the mansion. During Jake's season, I found a ton of girls, but couldn't find Kathryn. Not sure if you remember that, it drove me insane. Then someone comes along, I forget who, and found her no problem! :headbanging

Times have changed. If we read Andi is going to Tim buk Too, and we get a SCap, we can still try and figure out where in Tim buk Too, which hotel, or whatever. That's the way I look at it. TPTB are releasing bio's now so early, they never used to do that until shortly before airing. But sleuthers found them way before they released them.

My thought on keeping the two catagories separate is so there won't be any cross posting from people flipping, therefore there will be duplicate topics.

Identifying them as Sleuthing because someone might find something on social media from a friend or relative, or we can google anyone of those contestants and find info on them, example he did modeling work for WalMart. It was found by sleuthing.

It doesn't matter to me, I can take the word sleuthing out of there, I was just trying to keeps things consistant.

Those are just my thoughts, you are getting a good feel for what the posters want. We can go with the flow, and make changes along the way.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:38 am

I think it's perfect the way you separated the non-spoiler forums, GA. The side that has sleuthing in it should have it in the main title. I was talking about individual sections under that. Not all will be sleuthing. I think we're on the same page.  :Nod: 

I remember the red convertible girl. Not sure if they're the same but we have In2deep who does the same thing. I don't know if she's posted any this season. Our own Mr Write is a genius at coming up with locations from a SC. I'm hopeful that we can bring back the forum closer to what it was in the beginning. It kind of got broken after Emily's season. Lots of fighting and fangirling and many people left and never returned. That's probably a lot of the members who haven't signed in for over a year. 

I'm working on the non-spoiler thread today. I'm going to try come up with some rules & questions. Will post them here for you all to see & comment. I think we need something now but as always it's a work in progress and things can be changed.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:08 am

I see my problem. I can't add categories which is what we need. You have to be an admin to do that so will need your help, GA.  You probably know how to do it already but just in case I found this info on the support board:  http://help.forumotion.com/t131628-create-new-category?highlight=category

*No Spoilers* The Bachelorette 10 - Episode Discussions

*No Spoilers* The Bachelorette 10 - Sleuthing   

*No Spoilers* The Bachelorette 10 - Media       

*No Spoilers* The Bachelorette 10 - Contestants Threads

I thinks that all for now. I believe we should keep the current general discussion as a thread - don't think we need a category (I'd put it after the sleuthing category). I'll put threads in each of the categories - sleuthing will contain SCs, edit, possibly locations.  We'll want the current potential bachelor thread under the Contestant category and should also move the SC analysis thread San started under the new sleuthing category. Last season with no admin there were no categories and it's very messy and hard to navigate.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:07 pm

You can add those by add a New Topic. That will keep everything under the Catagory of "Spoiler Free* -*Sleuthing* - Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Discussions" just like you did with the other threads.

This way when you click the Forum, you'll see all the different catagories inside the forum, rather than all on the front page.

When Contestant is up, you can Add new topic for each contestant.

I'll add those now! If that's not what you want, let me know.

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:27 pm

Admin wrote:You can add those by add a New Topic. That will keep everything under the Catagory of "Spoiler Free* -*Sleuthing* - Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Discussions" just like you did with the other threads.

This way when you click the Forum, you'll see all the different catagories inside the forum, rather than all on the front page.

When Contestant is up, you can Add new topic for each contestant.

I'll add those now! If that's not what you want, let me know.

No, we need categories if we want different threads in a category ie: Sleuthing would have threads such as SCs, edit.  Media may have threads for Episode Descriptions, blogs, etc. What we have now are just topics and it's too hard to navigate. If you look at JP's non-spoiler thread you'll see what I mean. Using categories under the Title will keep it much cleaner.

You can see what I mean by looking at the spoiler section. The contestants category has several treads in it. That's what I'm looking for with the titles I suggested. Maybe it's called a sub-forum? I know you want one main title but there must be a way to put a category under it and then threads/topics under the category.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:53 pm

Do we not want the contestants to have their own individual thread? In the Contestant forum - New Topic - Name of Contestant and so on.
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:12 pm

We have individual contestants threads in the spoiler section.  People are already sleuthing/spoiling who's been cut, who's been on what date.

I think what albean is referring to is setting up the the non-spoiler forum the same way the spoiler forum is set up on the main page.

Last edited by Bet2Win on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 26 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Suggestions for the Forum

+4