SELECT CONTENT

Suggestions for the Forum

Page 7 of 26 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions for the Forum - Page 7 Empty Re: Suggestions for the Forum

Post by Bet2Win Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:33 am

I just saw chloep's posts. She doesn't think it's the way to go? Just try that one more time missy. I'll show you the way to go.  :whistle: 

Nicely done GA and albean.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:13 am

I think the situation was handled well, also, GA and Bean.
Chutzpah--Chloep--Glad she was "graceful" enough to say she would go with it.

Question: How do you get that spoiler thing to appear?

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:34 am

laugh out loud , Bet Can you believe her? I should have saved her posts before I deleted it, sorry guys.

Thanks bean for posting the notice. I was trying to get offline last night, and was having a litle back and forth with umngirl. I don't know what her problem is but she has had it in for me since day one. I had the opportunity last night to put her in her place, even if it was for a short time.

I posted in Eric's thread, explaining what we have done.

I don't understand what's so difficult, keep the comments in his thread, and don't post anything spoiled in a non spoiled thread. Otherwise there are comments all over the forum. IMO it's best to just stick to the title of the thread, and we can't go wrong.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71519

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:31 am

GA--the members of this forum are playing ball on your field, with your umpires and with your equipment. You(with us I guess) make the rules. If the members don't like them, no one forces them to play here.
With that being said...I think we, especially you, try to make things fair. Not everyone is going to happy with everything. UMN rubs me the wrong way often, also...so you are not alone.
I have trouble at times with the spoilers bleeding over. I try to do anything possible to avoid going into those threads, but I myself transgressed last week in our on mod thread!!! I still feel awful.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:46 am

Well you should, Kasha.   :tissuebox   j/k  I always seem to get spoiled and that wasn't too bad. 

Question: How do you get that spoiler thing to appear?

To post a spoiler just type it in, highlight, & then click on the spoiler box at the top. It's 2 to the right of the quote button. I'm always paranoid so preview to make sure it worked.

I didn't really understand the arguing on Eric's thread in the non-spoiler section. Obviously all of them were spoiled so why should they care? I do realize that people are going to hear this but we don't have to be the ones to spoil them if they don't want to know. At least with a spoiler box they can choose.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15348

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:12 pm

Kasha : Thanks, I totally agree and that's the stance I took when I decided to help out here. Follow the rules, or find somewhere else. Set the tone up front, because later, we do not want to waste our days monitoring. umn has such a condescending tone about her.

bean: I don't know why they found the need to post in no spoiler threads but that's how I felt, it's not up to us to spoil. Your spoiler post suggestion was perfect.

I have a busy weekend coming up but I will re do another draft of the rules incorporating all the ideas posted. I was thinking, how about one thread, Forum Rules, and another Thread Forum Rules - Copyright?

Again, keeping it simple where we can just provide the link, then c/paste the paragraph that the offending post relates to. If there was a problem c/right post, we can c/paste a paragraph from there and provide the copyright link.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:17 am

I'm reporting this post by cma:

cma52572 wrote:
Im just saying there are always unforeseen victims in situations like this who get ignored. I don't know what his family was doing. I know he had a sister and a couple brothers and parents. I don't know anything about them.

as far as "paragliding being safe". He wasn't a paraglider he was a "base jumper". Base jumper is extremely dangerous. http://www.paragliding-tales-and-reviews.com/base-jumping.html

Guardian Angel wrote:
I don't think, we as human beings should be judging anyone in life, especially someone we only know of within these 23 pages of posts.

This, IMO this was his life path. There are always victims when someone looses their loved ones.The drunk driver that killed my father, caused a widow at 32 yrs old and three girls to raise on her own, we were all victims. Was that my father's fault for travelling out of town to attend a family wedding?

Stating that it was a bad decision for him to be a thrill seeker causing his family to be victims doesn't make any sense to me at all. That was his choice in life, not mine, not anyone on this forum. Whether anyone agree's with his choices, or not, it's not for us to decide. It's who he was as a human being. We know for a fact, that he had the love and support of his family in all his adventures and in all the good he has accomplished in his short life. He is being judge at a glance, knowing nothing of his past.

This forum is all about posting opinions, it is not posting opinions of other posters, or what anyone thinks of the posters. Freedom of speech IMO doesn't give anyone the right to be rude insulting or make accusations. It's about being respectful, and courteous, to fellow posters. Any posts that are rude, insulting, or in an accusatory manner, will be deleted, because I don't want to read it, or deal with it.

cma52572 wrote:
there is a reason we have laws that protect people. Its called slander and if anything I said rose to the level of slander I could be sued, but nothing I have said is remotely slanderous or even disrespectful. What you are is a dictator. You are the arbiter of what has value and what does not.

I have run websites before where I have been personally attacked constantly but I have never erased a comment or blocked a person because I believe in the paramount importance of free speech. How do you deal w/ difficult or offensive speech?

W/ more speech, not w/ less. Let your readers be the arbiters of what has value and let ignorance speak for itself..
cma52572
Female Posts:  59

View user profile Send private message http://www.okhereisthesituation.com

Apparently cma is not happy with the decision that he not be allowed to use this site to gain readers at okereisthesituation.

This post is so out of bounds, that I recommend a warning, then a ban if it doesn't stop.  To be honest, I kept wondering why cma was keeping up the Eric's fault, bad decision posts, until I saw this last one  ... it appears the prior posts were baiting posts.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:29 am

I turfed him. I didn't realize he was okhereisthesituation, I didn't even see that. The only reason I'm up this late is because hockey went into double overtime, and there is an LA game on now. Otherwise I would have been in bed long time ago. I'm so glad I didn't miss this.

I had sent him an PM when you first brought this to my attention, telling him not to post his website, if he continued, he'd be banned. He never replied.

I can't believe it's the same guy, and I didn't even notice. It's so late, I'm seeing cross eyed.

I also changed the title of Eric's thread, added Memorial Tribute Fan Thread.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:36 am

I didn't realized you banned him. I responded to his post via yours. Go ahead and delete mine if you like. But just in case he lurks here under a new nic, I'd like him to see my post.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:46 am

I banned his three IP's, his username, and his email. I would have thought his posts would go away, but there' not. I'm going through the thread and deleting them. I'd be horrified if his family saw any of those posts.

I will delete yours, if you don't mind, I just want the last post to be a positive one.

Thanks!

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:04 am

Glad I missed this mess. But sorry I was not there to help/support.
I am glad the thread name was changed. Death is a very hard topic to broach and brings back sensitive issues.

Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:40 am

NP Kasha. He was nasty. I couldn't believe what he was posting. I saw his very first post when he posted it, and from there, I stayed with him until he buried himself so I could ban him.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down