SELECT CONTENT

Suggestions for the Forum

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions for the Forum - Page 8 Empty Re: Suggestions for the Forum

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:38 am

Wow. I missed all of his posts. I'm glad you banned him, GA. I had just noticed yet another of him linking to his site yesterday and thought that was bad enough until I read this one.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15325

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:09 pm

I thought later I should have saved his posts, so the mod's could see them, sorry, but it was so late, I didn't want to find them all and c/past them, and I just wanted to get him and all his posts off the forum.

I wish the report post would keep a copy of the post. I'll know next time.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71471

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:31 pm

Permanent ban deleted all of cma's posts.  I tried to do a search to find any of her posts, none exist.  I tried the link upthread that albean posted that used to show all of cma's posts; and now say none exist.

Perhaps rather than a permanent ban, ban for a length of time, like 1 year, and renew the ban, just so we have a record of their posts that we didn't personally delete. Unless there is an option in the admin panel that allows a permanent ban without automatically deleting all of their posts.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:07 pm

I banned his three IP address, his username, and his email address. The posts were still there. I didn't want the posts to be vizable, especially if family or friends were made aware of his thread. I then deactivated his account, which then removed his posts. I had to manually remove his posts that were inside a quote.

He can always get another IP and rejoin with another name and email, we have no control.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:46 pm

CMA's posts are showing up as guest posts.  https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/t2293p240-eric-hill-bachelorette-10-contestant-spoilers-discussion-memorial-tribute-fan-thread

There's more on the next page. I don't believe the one where he got banned is there. I also saw some of his posts quoted. I didn't want to delete anything. Thought you may want to save some here before deleting.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:58 pm

I remember now reading that in the support forum when I was looking for something else. The posts show up as guests.

Some are gone because I deleted them right away. Crap. I will go through them and delete them. There aren't that many. Thanks bean for checking thoroughly. I searched his name and he didn't exist, I went back to look for posts, but didn't see anymore. What's weird is I edited the "wife beater" post, and I see its in its original post without the edits.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:07 pm

That's really weird. I know I deleted those posts last night, but now they were there again. I searched posts for Guest and only one came up that wasn't him and yet there were five or so I just deleted.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Thanks GA, Bean and Bet for being diligent with this. It's upsetting.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:02 pm

It was pointed out to me that the spoiler threads are open to anyone, even those who haven't registered. Is that the way it's always been? I know a lot of boards are like that but had no idea this one is.

albean99
albean99

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:34 pm

albean99 wrote:It was pointed out to me that the spoiler threads are open to anyone, even those who haven't registered. Is that the way it's always been? I know a lot of boards are like that but had no idea this one is.

Yes, it's always been that way. ETA it's was set that way when I took over. Guests can read, but can't post. It's one of the first things I checked in the administration panel to see exactly who can see what.

as an FYI. When this board was created, I registered GA, then I realized a lot of people were changing their user names from Fort, so I registered Captiva or vice versa, can't remember which way it went. The few times I posted it was under GA because I've always been GA. I sometimes now log on as captiva, just to see what the normal users see. Especially when I created the Mod forums, I wanted to make sure no one could see them.

We have over 6500 users who have never posted, but many of them log on.

If we close viewing to the guests, that will just create a bunch of users who register and don't post, so I don't see any difference. Let me know what everyone thinks.

All Rules

GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu May 01, 2014 3:43 pm

Can we set up a new sub-forum titled Members for Review; and then we can add new threads for any members we feel we need to watch, much in the same way the contestant threads are set up.

Melika would be one. I didn't see the post that was deleted today, so I don't know what it said. Here is his/her first post, on Feb 28, 2013:

Who is the person in the pic with Catherine?

*Edited By Administrator *

Have no idea why it was edited.

She only has 5 posts, one of which is deleted, one edited, and the most recent showing states : "Stalk much" in response to tigertis's post about 1F.

That way we can document the inappropriate posts, track any pattern of inappropriate behavior, to make appropriate decisions on how to go forward with the member.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu May 01, 2014 5:02 pm

Created Members to Watch.

Tell me what she means by this. I'm confused. She see's the new post icon but gets disapointed because S/C have so much activity, then she doesn't see the other couples posts. So she's complaining because she clicked for nothing?

Thats why I suggested View New Posts.

I'm not going to move General Discussion into Fan Thread Forums.

The reason is that by putting a non-fan thread into the General Couples forum, I see a new post icon appear but now there is so much traffic because of Sean/Cat and the other special couples who actually already have their own forums and am disappointed when I don't see posts of other ex-contestant couples that don't have their own forums like Blake/Holly Molly/Jason and Trista/Ryan etc.

However that is just me that would prefer it that way. They have an entire section so all their stuff should be in their section so that we can new posts coming up for the couples that don't. Again JMO. Thanks

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 18480

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 26 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17 ... 26  Next