SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor In Paradise - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by bleuberry Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:05 pm

Hmm. Jef Holm did say after the ATFR that he was in a serious relationship hopefully heading to marriage in the US Mag article that made the rounds (the one where he called JP sleazy). Shortly after, he tweeted that he wasn't dating anyone... I wonder if got wind of the new show and needed to stop lying in order for him to not look bad by going on with a "girlfriend."  giggling

Bachelor In Paradise - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 2 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Bachelor In Paradise - General Discussion - *Spoilers*  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelor In Paradise - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by notarose Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:15 pm

Sprite wrote:
notarose wrote:From the little I read, there doesn't seem to be a money prize - just a love fest.  
At ATFR:  Clare, Chelsey, Kat, Kelly, Sharleen from JPG's season.  Apparently Lucy met up with a few of bachelorette boys before ATFR was filmed.
If this new show is purely to "find love" then Clare & Lucy are out if their respective relationships continue.  Think Sharleen is a no just because.

I know Clare is supposedly seeing someone, but didn't Lucy break up with her computer guy? She would be just the type that they would want on the show...naked.

Oh, what about Victoria!!!!!
At WTA, quite a few of the girls were vying for airtime.  That could be a sign.  
Don't know Lucy's status.  Agree, they would definitely want her as well as (previously mentioned by someone) Elise.  

If available my predicted TPTB wish list from JPG's season are: Lucy, Elise, Victoria, Kat, Clare

Last edited by notarose on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More info)
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by alwaystulips Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:50 pm

Zack Kalter.  In a tropical paradise.  In a bathing suit.  No shirt.  :Clap:
alwaystulips
alwaystulips

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:18 pm

alwaystulips wrote:Zack Kalter.  In a tropical paradise.  In a bathing suit.  No shirt.  :Clap:

i would solely watch just for him. he had no airtime on des's season!

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:09 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Sounds like a STD crockpot.

funnythread
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:36 pm

california90 wrote:
alwaystulips wrote:Zack Kalter.  In a tropical paradise.  In a bathing suit.  No shirt.  :Clap:

I'd love it.  :Flirty: He and Drew were my favorites.

I have a feeling it won't be just people from the last 2 seasons.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15329

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Did anyone mention Tierra yet? Paradise must have sparkle!

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:17 am

albean99 wrote:
california90 wrote:

I'd love it.  :Flirty:  He and Drew were my favorites.

Shirtless Drew would also be amazing, haha.

notarose wrote:Did anyone mention Tierra yet?  Paradise must have sparkle!  

YES. and might as well add ashlee f. to the mix.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by pavalygurl Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:22 am

I think Courtney R will be on...she'll have a book to promote.

pavalygurl

Back to top Go down

Post by SLA44 Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:28 am

pavalygurl wrote:I think Courtney R will be on...she'll have a book to promote.

I was thinking about her also.
SLA44
SLA44

Female Posts : 2755

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:31 am

california90 wrote:
albean99 wrote:
california90 wrote:

I'd love it.  :Flirty:  He and Drew were my favorites.

Shirtless Drew would also be amazing, haha.

notarose wrote:Did anyone mention Tierra yet?  Paradise must have sparkle!  

YES. and might as well add ashlee f. to the mix.

AshLee will be for sure there, IMO. Smiley

I posted this in another thread when we were talking about the general casting process that happens for competition reality shows(specifically BP)

-------------------
That's how the creative directors plan their usual BP season. There is the usual "pitch" were the general(basic) premise(/and format) of the show is presented to execs. (This is an especially long process if its a new show.) When given green lights, the creative directors and the head producers come up with a "draft" cast list/document (which is a preliminary version of the "actual" list/document). This draft contains the names of about 50 former Bachelor/Bachelorette contestants, who initially showed interest in appearing on BP and who the execs can see as a fairly good fit for the show. Then the "availability calls" go out to those ~50 people, to check whether they are still interested and available during the scheduled shooting time.
(Some decline or don't have time, however some are valuable and agreeable and yet they still don't make the final cut....)
Last I heard the cut after the av. calls were already made a couple of weeks ago. On average they are left with about ~35 people after that. Now, people are cut based on the pre-BP storylines(hook-ups, feuds, friendships...etc), how big their fan base is(the F4 finishers) AND based on their "unique" brand..(see Lucy "The Nudist/Free Spirit", she doesn't have much pre-existing storylines, nor does she have a big fan base, but she'll still (probably) make the cut because of her aversion to clothes).
Then they are left with 20-24 people and with an additional slot or two for Andi's guys. This is pretty much it. The very final cut will only be made right before shooting starts.
-------------------

Now. What I've described above was specifically Bachelor Pad. However the casting for BIP was under the name "BP4", so it is safe to say that the 3 basic criterias(described above) for being on the show, are the same as for BP. The casting and planing procedure also stays the same. The show is also going to work with the same distributor, will have the same producers as BP, filming length is also the same, it also has the same slot and targets about the same audience as BP.
The size of the cast can of course be bigger, so the numbers above can be adjusted depending on that. (I doubt that's the case though;  ~20 is just the right number of people to work with)

As for only doing this for "love".  Hugesmile I have very good reasons to believe there is money to be won.(Nothing to publicly back it up yet, but we will hear about that soon enough :gotcha: )
They are promoting a "brand new spin-off", so obviously they are going to say it's totally new and completely different from BP(what CH has done on Twitter).  You wanna always tweak your shows to improve your brand and marketability. (see SC "LIVE" wedding, it was still a wedding(something that has been done before), but the LIVE aspect was new, hence they made sure it was promoted as a "TV first" etc.)

There is money to be won, so the premise stays the same. They just want to distance themselves from this aspect and concentrate on the romance. (because: (1) it didn't work out as well as they'd hoped. (2) they have plenty of competition when it comes to reality shows that focus on people competing to win money.(hence it's nothing original))

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:57 am

SLA44 wrote:
pavalygurl wrote:I think Courtney R will be on...she'll have a book to promote.

I was thinking about her also.

I feel like she's a definite, unfortunately, IMO. I will NEED Brooks to offset my dislike of her.

I'm imagining a Love in the Wild type set up, which is cool. Appeals to me more than the lame Bachelor Pad premise.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor In Paradise - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+81
Kashathediva
schnitzel
fatiOz
sbolduc
jen689