SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Page 75 of 76 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion  - Page 75 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:39 pm

There are thousands of celebrities that are bullied. We can't save the world. I can't speak for the bullies that tweet/IG her directly. I don't bully anyone. I don't tweet/IG for the sole purpose of being rude or negative. People posting their opinions in her General Thread are not considered bullies.

However, if I think Andi is self centred, that's my opinion for the purpose of discussion for this topic. I'm sorta tired of defending my rights to my opinions of her just because it may not be popular. If I think she's heartless and cruel, I'll say so, it's within the rules.

It's not within the rules to suggest that posters here are bullies for voicing their opinions in a General Thread. No one accused posters of bullying when the comments posted that were much more harsher towards Nick in his General Thread.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71453

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion  - Page 75 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:43 pm

Just my 2 cents: :soapbox
IRL (in real life), I handle myself to a certain degree much differently than I might if I were blogging, writing a diary or messaging on a forum where there is a certain degree of anonymity. 
 IRL when I know someone or see something being done to someone, that is entirely different to me than if I see something on tv or someone being promoted or promoting something at an event. 
We all have our public and private personas.  
Per Billy Joel--there is a stranger that exists in all of us. 
Now as far as a private persona vs public: One of the first things that is every mentioned on the news in reference to someone who has caused an atrocious event: "He seems so nice". "He was the nicest guy in the world".  "He always smiled at me.". Blah blah blah. This is what others have to say. His public persona certainly did not match his private. 
So me--I don't put much into a public persona. 
And subjective words---nah--I don't put much worth into those either. I guess I'll be my own judge. 
Life is too short. Not going to let it zap positive energy that can be used elsewhere. 
On a daily basis, I more concerned with my own real time actions and hope I don't insert foot too often. 
Oh and one more thing...there are many flavors here. If you don't like chocolate there is strawberry. You don't have to do chocolate. Don't like strawberry, there is rocky road or vanilla and many more.  But let's not tell someone else what flavor they should like, why and how.  
:hidingchair

Last edited by Kashathediva on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:45 pm

whit90 wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:^ To be fair, I think there's a difference between defending someone versus calling them a horrible person, heartless, cruel, etc. when I usually reserve those type of words for the despicable people I read or hear about through the news. If I saw someone I didn't know getting bullied in real life, such as on my college campus, I would most certainly defend that person.

We see what we see and many people see her as a heartless , cruel, self absorbed , and horrible person.

And that's fine because it's your opinion. I'm not trying to make you change it. I'm just stating mine. I use words like that for people that attack children and women or for the scum that planted bombs at the Boston Marathon that caused my co-worker's two brothers to each lose one of their legs and will now be sitting in court during the scums trial coming up. I don't use those words, such as horrible, cruel, or heartless for someone that slept with their F2 guy on a reality television show or that has been bi**** at times.

Different strokes for different folks and that's okay. I'm just personally not a fan of it and that's all I was stating.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:46 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:There are thousands of celebrities that are bullied. We can't save the world. I can't speak for the bullies that tweet/IG her directly. I don't bully anyone. I don't tweet/IG for the sole purpose of being rude or negative. People posting their opinions in her General Thread are not considered bullies.

However, if I think Andi is self centred, that's my opinion for the purpose of discussion for this topic. I'm sorta tired of defending my rights to my opinions of her just because it may not be popular. If I think she's heartless and cruel, I'll say so, it's within the rules.

It's not within the rules to suggest that posters here are bullies for voicing their opinions in a General Thread. No one accused posters of bullying when the comments posted that were much more harsher towards Nick in his General Thread.

Amen to this GA. Thanks for making the point so eloquently! yes
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:50 pm

whit90 wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:^ To be fair, I think there's a difference between defending someone versus calling them a horrible person, heartless, cruel, etc. when I usually reserve those type of words for the despicable people I read or hear about through the news. If I saw someone I didn't know getting bullied in real life, such as on my college campus, I would most certainly defend that person.

We see what we see and many people see her as a heartless , cruel, self absorbed , and horrible person.
Serious question, because I'm honestly curious: Why spend so much time in the fan thread of someone you despise so much?
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:52 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:There are thousands of celebrities that are bullied. We can't save the world. I can't speak for the bullies that tweet/IG her directly. I don't bully anyone. I don't tweet/IG for the sole purpose of being rude or negative. People posting their opinions in her General Thread are not considered bullies.

Thank you. The bolded applies to everyone...past and future cast members...not just Andi.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:55 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Just my 2 cents: :soapbox
IRL (in real life), I handle myself to a certain degree much differently than I might if I were blogging, writing a diary or messaging on a forum where there is a certain degree of anonymity. 
 IRL when I know someone or see something being done to someone, that is entirely different to me than if I see something on tv or someone being promoted or promoting something at an event. 
We all have our public and private personas.  
Per Billy Joel--there is a stranger that exists in all of us. 
Now as far as a private persona vs public: One of the first things that is every mentioned on the news in reference to someone who has caused an atrocious event: "He seems so nice". "He was the nicest guy in the world".  "He always smiled at me.". Blah blah blah. This is what others have to say. His public persona certainly did not match his private. 
So me--I don't put much into a public persona. 
And subjective words---nah--I don't put much worth into those either. I guess I'll be my own judge. 
Life is too short. Not going to let it zap positive energy that can be used elsewhere. 
On a daily basis, I more concerned with my own real time actions and hope I don't insert foot too often. 
Oh and one more thing...there are many flavors here. If you don't like chocolate there is strawberry. You don't have to do chocolate. Don't like strawberry, there is rocky road or vanilla and many more.  But let's not tell someone else what flavor they should like, why and how.  
:hidingchair

Come out from that chair Kasha! giggling Also, terrific post.
I appreciate the way you, GA and others are able to so eloquently respond to infractions against the rules ... peace
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:
whit90 wrote:

Serious question, because I'm honestly curious: Why spend so much time in the fan thread of someone you despise so much?
I can only answer for myself---I have to moderate those threads as any other, so I have to be.  Despise is too strong of a descriptive word for me in this case anyway. 
As for anyone else--again--because they can or want to.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:59 pm

Ash2214 wrote:
whit90 wrote:

And that's fine because it's your opinion. I'm not trying to make you change it. I'm just stating mine. I use words like that for people that attack children and women or for the scum that planted bombs at the Boston Marathon that caused my co-worker's two brothers to each lose one of their legs and will now be sitting in court during the scums trial coming up. I don't use those words, such as horrible, cruel, or heartless for someone that slept with their F2 guy on a reality television show or that has been bi**** at times.

Different strokes for different folks and that's okay. I'm just personally not a fan of it and that's all I was stating.

Yep, I am just going to following you around :yes:..... Oh, I wouldn't say many people see Andi as heartless, LOL most people who has watched this show are personally not thinking about these contestants beyond their seasons..

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:
whit90 wrote:

If you mean this thread, it's a discussion thread...
I personally haven't been here in months, but came back yesterday because of the GQ article and stayed because Andi fans came to defend her ...
I don't despise Andi, I just personally find her actions immature, unkind and heartless.... and the article provided some behind the scene details that got my ire up.
But I mean, the same question could be asked of supporters ... why do any of us continue to show up here... ??? I guess we're all invested.
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:10 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:
whit90 wrote:

I know you were not asking me, but for myself, I pretty much go through all the threads for the shows that I watch. (Love the view new posts feature.) I post mostly while the show is airing and much less in the off season. I like to see what people are up to post show. I like to see if what I had observed/deduced about them from the show matches up to the reality. Some are the same, some seem to change for the better and others...not so much. Admittedly, those that I do not care for, I skim and rarely post about. I am not on twitter or instagram and my facebook activity is private and limited to family and friends. This is where I catch up on all the goings on by sluethers who are much more proficient in the arts of SM than I am. It is why my friends think that I am the reality queen...and are duly impressed...or think I am losing my mind.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Eagle Eye wrote:
whit90 wrote:

Because this is not a fan thread it is a general discussion thread.
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 76 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman - The Bachelorette 10 - Discussion

+104
Eagle Eye
lurker11
emusha
Relalou
Sable