SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 31 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by isittrue Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:11 pm

One would hope that any woman applying for this show and knowing ahead of time that Chris may be the bachelor, would do research herself on Chris and his place of residence in the chance that she may be F1. That is of course, she is there for the right reasons and not for fame. At least that's what I would do..

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 31 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by 2observe Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:24 pm

I haven't caught up yet,.so is Chris the new lead bachelor?
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:26 pm

2observe wrote:I haven't caught up yet,.so is Chris the new lead bachelor?

That is what RS is reporting - he said Chris signed a contract last week.

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:28 pm

RS says the contract has been signed and filming in Iowa at the state fair has commenced. No other confirmations. Since he has been wrong in the past with Roberto, I'm going with 99.95% certainty that it is indeed a done deal.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:33 pm

ironcat wrote:Mia, I agree with your sentiments.  I was also thinking that women in their late 20s-early 30s would be more likely to be interested/ready to concentrate more on settling down and raising children in a family oriented environment than in getting their careers off the ground, and thus would be the better fit for Chris.  I hope they don't throw him a bunch of 23 year olds.

As far as feeling like an outsider in a small town, I suspect that being TB will make Chris a local celebrity of sorts and his wife will be given a warm welcome, at least initially, just based on that.

One of the other things Chris has going for him which is being overlooked is his wonderful family.  I believe that Andi really did have the best time with them, so they must be pretty great (they seemed so on the show).  And since he has sisters, his wife will have some built in girlfriends right off the bat to smooth the way for her.

I'm not really a Chris fan, so I won't be heartbroken if he ends up choosing badly or if we find out he has a lot of "warts".  I just found him to be a nice, articulate and emotionally mature guy with some real substance (attractive, but not really my type, am trying to see the Matthew McConaughey resemblance people speak of, since I find him HOT), and I saw flashes of humor and wit which I'm hoping will come out on his own season.  And I guess since he was being dismissed here so much, I felt the need to defend him with a bit of snark.  Hugesmile

IC, the Matthew McConaughey comes out most to me when he talks. But I didn't notice it as much when he talked to Andi. I love MM too. I am a Longhorn afterall.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Sprite wrote:

RS says the contract has been signed and filming in Iowa at the state fair has commenced. No other confirmations. Since he has been wrong in the past with Roberto, I'm going with 99.95% certainty that it is indeed a done deal.

Yahoo is reporting it now too!
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Beeleever Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:04 pm

I think the success of this season is certainly in the selection of women. We know they will cast their normal roles for the sake of drama, but TPTB seem to be more invested in the outcome of the couples in recent years. Hopefully they will sincerely try to find a Princes Kay of the Milky Way or two (otherwise known as the Dairy Princess of the MN State Fair).
Beeleever
Beeleever

Female Posts : 3644

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:10 pm

Beeleever wrote:I think the success of this season is certainly in the selection of women. We know they will cast their normal roles for the sake of drama, but TPTB seem to be more invested in the outcome of the couples in recent years. Hopefully they will sincerely try to find a Princes Kay of the Milky Way or two (otherwise known as the Dairy Princess of the MN State Fair).

It seems that casting has gotten better at picking matches and the leads seem to be making better choices too. I really want the first two weeks in Iowa, I might take the season seriously instead of just laughing if they do that. If not I think I might do a lot of  cantstopl  trying to imagine the average girl they cast moving to Arlington, Iowa.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by gurlbrit Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:28 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
Sprite wrote:

Yahoo is reporting it now too!

Clicked on the link, it's to Hollywood Gossip's website. They are just repeating what RS has said and actually mention his "Cajones" in reporting this spoiler before ABC gets around to the announcement.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 31 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR253Ow-60TiHI_WfFAw57aXihRYDkVee0D2Kixr_9D0h6ZohGIWA    
gurlbrit
gurlbrit

Female Posts : 3838

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:29 pm

ironcat wrote:Just decided to do a little research, and Arlington is only 70 miles (a little over an hour's drive) from Cedar Rapids, which is the 2nd largest city in Iowa with a population of 250,000.  They must have a Starbucks there, no?  To me, that doesn't sound quite so desolate and awful, unless you really want a metro/city life.  And Chicago is about a 4 hour drive, so certainly doable for a weekend away.  Hopefully, Chris knows how to "sell" Arlington to the (right) ladies.

I grew up in Cedar Rapids...it's a great town! They even have coffee shops, movie theaters and an Olive Garden or two....Hugesmile J/K CR has LOTS of stuff!

I agree with Chris' mom, if the woman is mature and falls in love with Chris she can make it work. You would think they would cast women that know where he lives. Chris just needs the right group of ladies.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:08 pm

isittrue wrote:One would hope that any woman applying for this show and knowing ahead of time that Chris may be the bachelor, would do research herself on Chris and his place of residence in the chance that she may be F1.  That is of course, she is there for the right reasons and not for fame.  At least that's what I would do..

The problem with this is that often when you go through the process to become part of the "cast" it is done not knowing who the lead is going to be by the time TPTB call you up for the show. They do keep a pool of prospective cast.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:54 pm

ironcat wrote:Just decided to do a little research, and Arlington is only 70 miles (a little over an hour's drive) from Cedar Rapids, which is the 2nd largest city in Iowa with a population of 250,000.  They must have a Starbucks there, no?  To me, that doesn't sound quite so desolate and awful, unless you really want a metro/city life.  And Chicago is about a 4 hour drive, so certainly doable for a weekend away.  Hopefully, Chris knows how to "sell" Arlington to the (right) ladies.

The good news is that there is a Starbucks in the Super Target in Waterloo, IA only 45 minutes away. So they can kill 2 birds with one stone. Target and Starbucks  giggling 
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 80 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 55 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy