SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by JBF Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:13 pm

tigertiz wrote:
Ooooohhhhhh... everybody will sit through Chris' season and LIKE it.
Doubt it.  I skipped Ben's season, and Juan Pa's.  If I dont find the lead compelling or attractive, I wont watch.
#Arie4Bachelor   # BringBackthePassion

*chuckle chuckle*

Even if Arie arrives to give him "advice" like he did Sean at the start of his season?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 34 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:14 pm

Sprite wrote:
grace8136 wrote:
Judiful wrote:  Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules -  General Discussion - *Spoilers* - Page 34 2292733854 I'm not enthused at the prospect of Chris S being the Bachelor . As hard as I have tried, I can't find one thing exciting about him. I will not be surprised if the show becomes another snooze fest.. They have a lot of work to do to give him a sexy- exciting edit. I still think Arie would have been an outstanding Bachelor...Oh well, it is what it is. Maybe it's within Arie's best interests that he doesn't do it .....But still... :why: 

I agree. Plus if the F1 didn't grow up on a farm, I'll just feel sorry for her. She'll have no idea what's she getting herself into. It's so bleak imo. All the money in the world can't change that. I am sure TPTB will put some fake, pretty spin on it. I don't think many could deal with it as a life unless they've grown up like that. No amount of research/googling could prepare the F1 for it. It's the stuff that's unwritten that will potentially bother her. I don't have anything nice to say about farm life so I'll try to just zip it for his season.

While I get that some may not care for the farm life, but unless they, themselves are being dragged kicking and screaming to live on the farm with Chris, I would prefer to give it a chance. We don't know who they will cast, where these people will be from and what they will actually want.
Say what you will about tptb, but they have been on a pretty good roll of late. They seem to have mastered the art of casting for the lead...and we technically don't even know who the lead is yet. I prefer to wait for the season to start and see where things go. Who knows, we may get another match, but in the mean time we definitely will be getting some drama and hopefully some fun new locations. I have a feeling they will be going all out for this season....what a feather in their cap if they could actually find a match if it is Chris.

I have a bigger problem with the farm than Chris, though based on how he went off on JJ, he may have a side we've not quite seen. I hope they do cast some that grew up on farms. I agree that casting has gotten better. Do we have any members on farms in towns so small? I'd like to compare notes. The farms I've stayed at were in Illinois and Ohio. I live in Austin, so maybe I'm more biased in my comparisons.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:39 pm

grace8136 wrote:
Sprite wrote:
grace8136 wrote:

I agree. Plus if the F1 didn't grow up on a farm, I'll just feel sorry for her. She'll have no idea what's she getting herself into. It's so bleak imo. All the money in the world can't change that. I am sure TPTB will put some fake, pretty spin on it. I don't think many could deal with it as a life unless they've grown up like that. No amount of research/googling could prepare the F1 for it. It's the stuff that's unwritten that will potentially bother her. I don't have anything nice to say about farm life so I'll try to just zip it for his season.

While I get that some may not care for the farm life, but unless they, themselves are being dragged kicking and screaming to live on the farm with Chris, I would prefer to give it a chance. We don't know who they will cast, where these people will be from and what they will actually want.
Say what you will about tptb, but they have been on a pretty good roll of late. They seem to have mastered the art of casting for the lead...and we technically don't even know who the lead is yet. I prefer to wait for the season to start and see where things go. Who knows, we may get another match, but in the mean time we definitely will be getting some drama and hopefully some fun new locations. I have a feeling they will be going all out for this season....what a feather in their cap if they could actually find a match if it is Chris.

I have a bigger problem with the farm than Chris, though based on how he went off on JJ, he may have a side we've not quite seen. I hope they do cast some that grew up on farms. I agree that casting has gotten better. Do we have any members on farms in towns so small? I'd like to compare notes. The farms I've stayed at were in Illinois and Ohio. I live in Austin, so maybe I'm more biased in my comparisons.

I grew up on a small farm in Central California. We lived 12 miles from town. I caught a farm route bus at 6:30 every morning to get to school and by high school, had PE 1st period every year so that if the bus ran late we didn't miss more important classes. A late bus was offered going home so that you could participate in sports and after school activities but it only dropped at every 3rd or 4th farm so that meant a 1 mile walk the rest of the way. My dad built a small shed for us to wait in because the house (like most) was set back off the road and the bus wouldn't wait for us to run up the driveway.

By the time I was 9, my older brothers had taught me how to run and catch the caboose for the train that ran into town. That included how to properly roll off the train shoulder first on the way back. We had farm chores, knew the seasons of all the local trees and grapes, picked for other farmers to earn pocket money when we weren't picking our own. We were in great shape because we biked everywhere. If you forgot something at school, you hopped on your bike because Mom wasn't going to take you - and BTW, could you drop by Bottommillers and pick-up some milk on the way back while you were at it. We got drivers licenses on our 16th birthday as much because Mom wanted us driving as much as we did. I hit a cow in my VW bug in the fog one night, looked at the brand and figured out whose cow got loose. The cow was fine - the car, not so much.

I remember having an argument with someone in college who insisted that turkeys and peacocks never fly. I had both perched in the old oak tree that was outside my bedroom window. It's a different life. The pluses and minuses as a kid have probably changed due to the internet and cellphones (although neighbors in a small town provide faster communication than cellphones ever will). You are a distance from things and that limits what you are involved in and who you are involved with. Seasons do too. Our high school always had crummy football teams because football season falls right in the middle of both corn and grape harvests.

I raised my children in the city. I felt like they missed certain experiences and appreciations but they had others that made up for it. They could walk down the street and play with friends, stay after school, etc. That said, I am less fearful than most people I know and more self-sufficient which I think comes from the farm. Spider, snakes, etc. don't bother me and I'll gladly go backpacking or sleep outside on the ground. It's not for everyone, and someone who likes daily social interaction with others might not flourish.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:48 pm

Thank you so much for sharing your experience!  Smiley  I loved how you were a "dauntless".  :yes: 
One of the things hardest for me living in a rural area as an adult was feeling like an outsider where so many had families that had known each other for generations.
There were good things, though. Simplicity. Homegrown values.  That feeling of serenity, I cherish.
Diversity--not so much. That was difficult.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:05 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Thank you so much for sharing your experience!  Smiley  I loved how you were a "dauntless".  :yes: 
One of the things hardest for me living in a rural area as an adult was feeling like an outsider where so many had families that had known each other for generations.
There were good things, though. Simplicity. Homegrown values.  That feeling of serenity, I cherish.
Diversity--not so much. That was difficult

Sunrise! Stars at night! Quiet! I miss all those things!

Diversity was such an issue. We had 1 black kid in high school - none up to that point. And the fitting in thing is huge. Everyone knows everyone else. So many of us married someone we went to high school with, even if we went away to college.

While I miss knowing my neighbor well now, I don't miss the gossip that small towns generate.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by Scarletta Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:42 pm

eirekay wrote:I grew up on a small farm in Central California. We lived 12 miles from town.  I caught a farm route bus at 6:30 every morning to get to school and by high school, had PE 1st period every year so that if the bus ran late we didn't miss more important classes.  A late bus was offered going home so that you could participate in sports and after school activities but it only dropped at every 3rd or 4th farm so that meant a 1 mile walk the rest of the way.  My dad built a small shed for us to wait in because the house (like most) was set back off the road and the bus wouldn't wait for us to run up the driveway.  

By the time I was 9, my older brothers had taught me how to run and catch the caboose for the train that ran into town.  That included how to properly roll off the train shoulder first on the way back.  We had farm chores, knew the seasons of all the local trees and grapes, picked for other farmers to earn pocket money when we weren't picking our own.  We were in great shape because we biked everywhere.  If you forgot something at school, you hopped on your bike because Mom wasn't going to take you - and BTW, could you drop by Bottommillers and pick-up some milk on the way back while you were at it.  We got drivers licenses on our 16th birthday as much because Mom wanted us driving as much as we did.   I hit a cow in my VW bug in the fog one night, looked at the brand and figured out whose cow got loose.  The cow was fine - the car, not so much.

I remember having an argument with someone in college who insisted that turkeys and peacocks never fly.  I had both perched in the old oak tree that was outside my bedroom window.  It's a different life.  The pluses and minuses as a kid have probably changed due to the internet and cellphones (although neighbors in a small town provide faster communication than cellphones ever will).  You are a distance from things and that limits what you are involved in and who you are involved with.  Seasons do too.  Our high school always had crummy football teams because football season falls right in the middle of both corn and grape harvests.  

I raised my children in the city.  I felt like they missed certain experiences and appreciations but they had others that made up for it.  They could walk down the street and play with friends, stay after school, etc.  That said, I am less fearful than most people I know and more self-sufficient which I think comes from the farm.  Spider, snakes, etc. don't bother me and I'll gladly go backpacking or sleep outside on the ground.  It's not for everyone, and someone who likes daily social interaction with others might not flourish.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!" Anyone remember that? cantstopl 
Good post. yes 

"In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like these."
-- Paul Harvey, broadcaster
Scarletta
Scarletta

Female Posts : 228

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:02 pm

Scarletta wrote:
eirekay wrote:I grew up on a small farm in Central California. We lived 12 miles from town.  I caught a farm route bus at 6:30 every morning to get to school and by high school, had PE 1st period every year so that if the bus ran late we didn't miss more important classes.  A late bus was offered going home so that you could participate in sports and after school activities but it only dropped at every 3rd or 4th farm so that meant a 1 mile walk the rest of the way.  My dad built a small shed for us to wait in because the house (like most) was set back off the road and the bus wouldn't wait for us to run up the driveway.  

By the time I was 9, my older brothers had taught me how to run and catch the caboose for the train that ran into town.  That included how to properly roll off the train shoulder first on the way back.  We had farm chores, knew the seasons of all the local trees and grapes, picked for other farmers to earn pocket money when we weren't picking our own.  We were in great shape because we biked everywhere.  If you forgot something at school, you hopped on your bike because Mom wasn't going to take you - and BTW, could you drop by Bottommillers and pick-up some milk on the way back while you were at it.  We got drivers licenses on our 16th birthday as much because Mom wanted us driving as much as we did.   I hit a cow in my VW bug in the fog one night, looked at the brand and figured out whose cow got loose.  The cow was fine - the car, not so much.

I remember having an argument with someone in college who insisted that turkeys and peacocks never fly.  I had both perched in the old oak tree that was outside my bedroom window.  It's a different life.  The pluses and minuses as a kid have probably changed due to the internet and cellphones (although neighbors in a small town provide faster communication than cellphones ever will).  You are a distance from things and that limits what you are involved in and who you are involved with.  Seasons do too.  Our high school always had crummy football teams because football season falls right in the middle of both corn and grape harvests.  

I raised my children in the city.  I felt like they missed certain experiences and appreciations but they had others that made up for it.  They could walk down the street and play with friends, stay after school, etc.  That said, I am less fearful than most people I know and more self-sufficient which I think comes from the farm.  Spider, snakes, etc. don't bother me and I'll gladly go backpacking or sleep outside on the ground.  It's not for everyone, and someone who likes daily social interaction with others might not flourish.

"As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!" Anyone remember that? cantstopl 
Good post. yes 

WKRP!!! Best episode EVER!

Penned Turkeys probably can't fly. Wild turkeys are a whole other matter!

eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by in2deep Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:02 pm

Speak these aloud, with a cup of tea and your pinkie extended…

The Fliessmeister loves a real charmah
So he's chosen the gentleman farmah
Some cry it's a pity
He's not from the city
That's this season's The Bachelor drama

Some lament the choice was not Arie
And his really cute derriere-ey
He'd have driven us crazy
With his eyes that are lazy
As he looked for the right one to marry

Some want still to remain in the dark as
BIP's new darling is Marcus
But the photos of Lacy
Are just beyond racy
To make us believe he's available any time soon.
(It always happens. On the third limerick, I get to the last line and I'm done.)

"Reality TV is to reality what love handles are to love." - J. McGinness
Ride on! 8)
in2deep
in2deep

Female Posts : 218

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:34 pm

I2D..awesome!
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:35 pm

Cute!!!!

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:02 pm

I was going say "cute", but IG beat me to it!
Very cute. giggling 

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Bhaka Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:43 pm

in2deep wrote:Speak these aloud, with a cup of tea and your pinkie extended…

The Fliessmeister loves a real charmah
So he's chosen the gentleman farmah
Some cry it's a pity
He's not from the city
That's this season's The Bachelor drama

Some lament the choice was not Arie
And his really cute derriere-ey
He'd have driven us crazy
With his eyes that are lazy
As he looked for the right one to marry

Some want still to remain in the dark as
BIP's new darling is Marcus
But the photos of Lacy
Are just beyond racy
To make us believe he's available any time soon.  
(It always happens. On the third limerick, I get to the last line and I'm done.)

Suggestion for last line:

And BIP smells like a carcass?
Bhaka
Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 80 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 57 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - General Discussion - *Spoilers*

+118
RealityEscape
KB_Mom
lurker11
HelCat
Maddy