SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

repost - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by landrje Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:31 am

umngirl wrote:
notarose wrote:About Sean, does anyone know:
1. Is Sean still involved with his friends' furniture/handbag business?
2. He spoke about losing investors $ before going on the bachelorette (I think he spoke of it in his "I am second" video).  Would he have to pay part of that back or did he declare bankruptcy?

Financially, they should be very well to do - Bach salary, DWTS, public appearances, product promotion (a Brit company for men's skin care at one point, and his current diet product).  He definitely can take his time to decide what to do next.

About Catherine, does she still do a blog?  I remember she started a new one during DWTS.  
I think her new design venture is a great match for her skills.  Like Des, she has moved into a field that she has expertise in.

He is still listed on the Factory Girl website.

That business gone south was before he started working in the family insurance business because he felt like he needed something safer after the failure. And the business failed and the investors lost their investment. He didn't have to pay them back I believe.

Like I said, Sean is already involved in other ventures. They just aren't public knowledge.

100% correct umngirl ... and may I also add that I'm personally familiar with one of the ventures you've referenced, and knowing what I know about the other individuals involved I would anticipate a very positive result if history is a valid predictor of future success; moreover, the venture has nothing to do with promotional considerations and is certainly something Sean can direct his business life towards from both a short- and long-term perspective
landrje
landrje

Back to top Go down

repost - Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by tigertiz Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:09 am

It's just odd that he's being so secretive about a new business venture when most of the Bach alums use their high profile to benefit their ventures  and businesses ( like Catherine, ben flajnik, Emily,etc etc). Surely he's waiting for some big reveal.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:21 am

I love the new couple threads. I'm not really one for posting on the fan threads even though I like all the couples. 

If you haven't checked it out, Sean's sister Shay's blogs are great. I especially like the food one although enjoy the info about clothes. My youngest son is very picky & has liked the recipes I've tried. They're very easy and kid friendly. http://www.mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com/   http://shullfamily.blogspot.com/

It's good that Sean & Catherine are settling into life at Dallas now that the wedding hoopla is over. They both seem to be keeping busy.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15308

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:29 am

tigertiz wrote:It's just odd that he's being so secretive about a new business venture when most of the Bach alums use their high profile to benefit their ventures  and businesses ( like Catherine, ben flajnik, Emily,etc etc). Surely he's waiting for some big reveal.

It's doesn't involve a product or line of product or stuff people can buy to be supportive of his business. Hence why those of us who know about it are keeping it to ourselves because Sean probably won't be mentioning it any time soon or at all.

Oh and Catherine also writes columns for glamour.com (2 so far) and does marketing/design work for a few other companies. They clearly work hard even if some, especially social media, question if they ever work. Both of them have flexible job schedules so it's nice for them with the traveling they do for appearances, vacation, or say friends' weddings.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:53 am

It's too bad that Sean's business ventures are so mysterious and secretive, whatever they may be. That just leaves him open to endless speculation about his work ethic, and I assume he really does not care. It is what it is. It is apparent that Catherine works hard....her stuff turns up regularly. Good for her!

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:59 am

I think Cat's current line of work fits her so nicely, so 'her.'

I imagine Sean is still working on what he will do for the long term, and in the mean time is taking promotional gigs on the side. I'm not into People Water or Hydroxycut, but I also understand the 'why,' when better opportunities (more 'him') present themselves, I hope he jumps at them. In the mean time he's taking what's available to him.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:45 am

Thanks for answering my questions.  Media really fixates on certain things and gives a tunnel vision view of what people are doing so it's good that people in the forum and the Bach folk, through their social media, balance that out.

Last edited by notarose on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spellcheck)
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:59 am

Amberish wrote:I don't remember any such balanced discussion thread set up for Sean and Catherine, other than continuing with season threads and only until Des' season began, or shortly thereafter.

IMO, San bringing GA and the other vets on board to manage this board is important, not only for now having the necessary multiple eyes and hands, but especially because those selected have the experience to know who how it's suppose to work and how it's suppose to feel --- meaning, it's suppose to feel good.

For those besotted by the lead Bachelor/ette and his or her chosen one, having the fan threads must be great. What hasn't been great is how the rest of us --- the majority; those who merely like the couple, those who didn't care one way or the other about the couple and those who don't care for the couple, at all --- have been treated when we've occasionally posted by those who post regularly at the fan threads. Not suggesting all fan tread posters have been rude, for that's never been the case, but those that have been rude have been exceptionally rude. IMO, it's simply not fair to be treated that way or being forced to witness this kind of unnecessary rudeness directed at others.

GA, etc., thank you very much for encouraging the return of balanced discussion to this forum.

I completely agree with this post.  Thank you mods for opening up these threads.  I can come back out of hiding.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertiz Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:45 pm

umngirl wrote:
tigertiz wrote:It's just odd that he's being so secretive about a new business venture when most of the Bach alums use their high profile to benefit their ventures  and businesses ( like Catherine, ben flajnik, Emily,etc etc). Surely he's waiting for some big reveal.

It's doesn't involve a product or line of product or stuff people can buy to be supportive of his business. Hence why those of us who know about it are keeping it to ourselves because Sean probably won't be mentioning it any time soon or at all.

Oh and Catherine also writes columns for glamour.com (2 so far) and does marketing/design work for a few other companies. They clearly work hard even if some, especially social media, question if they ever work. Both of them have flexible job schedules so it's nice for them with the traveling they do for appearances, vacation, or say friends' weddings.

I have plenty of friends who's work would not benefit from anyone buying their product or  supporting their initiatives, but they aren't secretive about it either (hospice nurse, office administrator, civil engineer, etc.)
Well it sounds like he's working for the CIA - but even they would give him a decent cover story.  giggling
Well it's nice that they got enough money from ABC to be able to buy a house.   I'm sure it'll be beautiful.
tigertiz
tigertiz

Back to top Go down

Post by motheroffive Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:57 pm

tigertiz wrote:
umngirl wrote:

I have plenty of friends who's work would not benefit from anyone buying their product or  supporting their initiatives, but they aren't secretive about it either (hospice nurse, office administrator, civil engineer, etc.)
Well it sounds like he's working for the CIA - but even they would give him a decent cover story.  giggling
Well it's nice that they got enough money from ABC to be able to buy a house.   I'm sure it'll be beautiful.

I am sure all of his friends and family know all about his current business dealings. He is just not announcing it to the world on his social media!

motheroffive

Female Posts : 2792

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:05 pm

albean99 wrote:I love the new couple threads. I'm not really one for posting on the fan threads even though I like all the couples. 

If you haven't checked it out, Sean's sister Shay's blogs are great. I especially like the food one although enjoy the info about clothes. My youngest son is very picky & has liked the recipes I've tried. They're very easy and kid friendly. http://www.mixandmatchmama.blogspot.com/   http://shullfamily.blogspot.com/

It's good that Sean & Catherine are settling into life at Dallas now that the wedding hoopla is over. They both seem to be keeping busy.

I concur, bean. I've tried many of Shay's recipes...super easy and enjoyable, though I think Shay has a much bigger sweet tooth than I do. Sometimes I cut back on her sugar amounts.

Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by joyjoy Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:08 pm

Just curious, is this forum opened only for positive/negative comments by anyone who likes/dislikes Sean and Catherine. #myempressionreadingthethreads
joyjoy
joyjoy

Female Posts : 473

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie