SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by chloep Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:27 pm

^^ To me it certainly didn't sound like they were upset with it or anything. They even said that SC were really tight on schedule, thus barely made it to Mexico and were absolutely exhausted, so it's was understandable.... They didn't say that they never saw them, etc...(Or maybe, I missed that part. )
If you look at SM they exchanged fun tweets with them a bunch of times since then and Cat even sent a c.lowe pack to Molly and Des. LOL This is how rumors start...

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 22 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Sean and Catherine just aren't really close to them or any of the other couples from this show. They also arrived very late the night before filming, then filmed all day, and were probably tired. They aren't required to share meals with others from the franchise unless they want to. Plus like Chloep said, they were in Mexico over their 5 month wedding anniversary and probably wanted to privately celebrate.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by instinct Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:38 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
albean99 wrote:Interesting. I find it odd that they wouldn't have dinner with the others and I like all of them. Not buying they hadn't seen each other. It's kind of a diss to the others don't you think? Cat's from Seattle so you'd think she'd want to get together with them.

I don't know.  Sean and Cat both looked very tired to me.  Also while Cat is from Seattle, I have never heard of her really hanging out with Jason and Molly at all.  

It may just be me, but to me, Jason and Molly act as if they should be treated as the wise elders and that may not be something that everyone is happy to do.

I also had a fairly poor opinion of Jason - though I always liked Molly - until I started listening to their podcasts last year. I haven't listened to them since they switched from Kira (?) radio, but I was pleasantly surprised at how well prepared and articulate he is. Jason & Molly's banter seems very real to me, eg a normal married couple who aren't afraid to discuss their issues, some of which they manage to resolve during the podcasts! One thing he's not is patronizing - Sean's got that nailed down IMO.
instinct
instinct

Female Posts : 357

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:45 pm

MiaHawk wrote:
chloep wrote:^^ I believe this was discussed in another thread, but some possible reasons why SC didn't hang with the other two couples that often while in Mexico:

They flew in just the day before, bc of busy schedule. The other two couples arrived earlier.
They've been apart for a while before that.
They were celebrating their 6th month anniversary.
Des/Chris and Molly/Jason are very close(living in Seattle). Maybe they didn't want to be the 5th(and the 6th laugh out loud) wheel.
[Maybe there is also some underlying weirdness with Des/Chris..... I mean Des even said that she would have accepted Sean's proposal [in her Post-Bette Press Tour] and she was the one who took the rejection the worst on Sean's season(begging him to change his mind, saying he is making a mistake and will regret it, etc.. Obviously, both couples are very happy with their respective partners now('duh), but sometimes the weirdness still lingers.... no idea]

Correct me if I am wrong, but Molly, Trista and Ashley were absolutely gushing about Sean and Cat after they spent some time together for some TB specials... Cat even did some (freelance)designing for Jason(for his socket company). Certainly nothing that makes me think that they "aren't playing nice" with others... (Especially, bc I think there has yet to be a Bach alum(they met) who doesn't speak highly of them.)
But that's just me. 2cents

Yeah, I am certainly NO expert when it comes to these couples as I do not follow any of them outside of this board. That is why I stated that I was probably jumping to conclusions.  I wasn't sure of the travel details for Mexico BIP trip either, but I knew somebody here could set me straight on that. All 3 of the couples that went to BIP seem like likeable people, to me. I definitely wasn't try to speak poorly of Sean & Cat. But, I do admit that Jason and Molly's podcast got me curious.    

bestbud! yes

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:46 pm

I don't find Sean patronizing. We are all entitled to our opinion. I listened to two podcasts and it was enough for me. I just don't enjoy them. I didn't really enjoy seeing them on BiP either. Of course, I thought that having the former couples there was a waste of time anyway.

Also, it might be me, but I find celebrating month anniversaries silly, but then again, I am old and not giddy about stuff like that anymore, but wasn't really into it when I was young either.

I guess to me, this is how rumors start. I didn't listen to this podcast, but the couple I did Jason and Molly presented themselves as experts on this show. They are just participants like anyone else.

Much like it annoyed me to hear Sean and Cat tell Nikki and JPG how they should have behaved or such as the bachelor and what to expect as F1, when Jason and Molly state their opinion as fact it irritates me too. I think Jason and Molly continue to try to get all they can out of this show every bit as much as Sean and Cat do. That is why Molly is on the radio full time now, just like Ali she parlayed her bachelor "info" into something more.

It is fine in both cases, I just don't take the opinion of Jason and Molly as authority. I think given the option, I wouldn't want to have dinner with them either. Des and Chris I would totally have dinner with, but Jason and Molly, nope not interested.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by blueblues Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:27 pm

For me, the ATFR bullying was a turning point. The studio audience had turned into an angry mob. Sean and Cat could have offered some support with just a few kind words, but instead they joined the mob. I am certain that Des and Chris would have handled it more graciously, which is exactly why they didn’t get any questions.
I find myself questioning everything they say or do since that moment.

I like the Mesnick podcast. It is surprising that they can talk openly about the editing, the manipulations and the extortion that goes on behind the scenes of the show, and still be invited to things like BIP.
They are not exactly kissing the hand that feeds them...

blueblues

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:54 pm

I like Jason & Molly a lot, ditto Des & Chris. I was a fan of Sean & Catherine and still like them (mostly Cat) but have moved on. I find I don't care much about anyone once the show memories fade. Obviously not everyone's the same or we wouldn't have fan boards. I do think it's perfectly fair to question or critique and that's all some of us are doing here and the other discussion threads.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:08 pm

I do like Jason and Molly, but I do feel they are still being fed by the hand--a lot.
If not for TB--the podcasts would not exist. That feeds them.
If not for TB--they would not be still be receiving $$ for endorsements or appearances.
Not that Wetpaint is "the source of all truth", however, they did have an article on "what are they doing now" not too long ago. According to them, Jason is not doing too much other than the stuff TB related.
I have not found anything to dispute this.
I think the successful couples will receive their "royalties" for awhile.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:18 am

stuckinsc wrote:
albean99 wrote:Interesting. I find it odd that they wouldn't have dinner with the others and I like all of them. Not buying they hadn't seen each other. It's kind of a diss to the others don't you think? Cat's from Seattle so you'd think she'd want to get together with them.

I don't know.  Sean and Cat both looked very tired to me.  Also while Cat is from Seattle, I have never heard of her really hanging out with Jason and Molly at all.  

It may just be me, but to me, Jason and Molly act as if they should be treated as the wise elders and that may not be something that everyone is happy to do.

From what I remember, while Cat is from Seattle, once she went on the Bachelor and she and Sean got together publically, she pretty much left for LA and his stint on DWTS and then for the move to Dallas. She was only in Seattle for a few months after filming when nobody was supposed to know the winner. She left and Des arrived...more or less. Des and Chris got together with J & M fairly quickly after their arrival and they seemed to have forged a friendship. Of the other successful couples, Sean seems to be the friendliest with JP. Their twitter exchanges are hilarious.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:58 am

When I look at the bachelor it it just like going to the same school and honesty we are not friends with everyone who went to the same school with us, we might be polite but not friends. I really do not see a reason why Sean and Catherine needs to be friend with other couples from The a Bachelor and why they need to hangout or go to dinner together. If I was in the same shoes with The Lowes, I will do the same, I rather spend my time with my husband and just enjoy our privacy. Also we need to keep in mind that The Lowes are newly weds and they are different from other couples, they just started living together this year and they are still in honeymoon stage, you do not spend her honeymoon time with other couples if you can go on a romantic dinner just the two of you. After all it was their time and they are free to do whatever makes them happy. I really do not even see why anyone would have a problem on who The Lowes decides to include in their circle. I for one I am really proud of how The Lowes handles themselves. They are truly an awesome couple!

blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sable Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:44 am

Sprite wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

From what I remember, while Cat is from Seattle, once she went on the Bachelor and she and Sean got together publically, she pretty much left for LA and his stint on DWTS and then for the move to Dallas. She was only in Seattle for a few months after filming when nobody was supposed to know the winner. She left and Des arrived...more or less. Des and Chris got together with J & M fairly quickly after their arrival and they seemed to have forged a friendship. Of the other successful couples, Sean seems to be the friendliest with JP. Their twitter exchanges are hilarious.

I remember seeing some pictures posted that Sean and Jason took together during their time filming BIP, so I think everything is fine between Sean and Catherine and Jason and Molly. I agree w/the poster who said that things may be a little awkward between Des and Sean because she was F4 on his season and took the breakup hard. I know they have all moved on, but it is still a little bit of an awkward situation. How can it not be? I don't think there is any animosity between the couples though. I also think that Jason and Molly and Des and Chris have become such good friends that I don't think it's unusual that they went to dinner alone without Sean and Catherine. Maybe Sean and Catherine weren't invited?
Sable
Sable

Back to top Go down

Post by thankful7 Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:49 am

blessed66 wrote:When I look at the bachelor it it just like going to the same school and honesty we are not friends with everyone who went to the same school with us, we might be polite but not friends.  I really do not see a reason why Sean and Catherine needs to be friend with other couples from The a Bachelor and why they need to hangout or go to dinner together.  If I was in the same shoes with The Lowes, I will do the same, I rather spend my time with my husband and just enjoy our privacy.  Also we need to keep in mind that The Lowes are newly weds and they are different from other couples, they just started living together this year and they are still in honeymoon stage, you do not spend her honeymoon time with other couples if you can go on a romantic dinner just the two of you.  After all it was their time and they are free to do whatever makes them happy.  I really do not even see why anyone would have a problem on who The Lowes decides to include in their circle.  I for one I am really proud of how The Lowes handles themselves.  They are truly an awesome couple!
I usually stay in my lane over in SeanCat fan forum, but just pop in here to see what the noise is about. Blessed66..Ditto.Ditto!. Oh..Good Morning! PEACE and Love from above!
thankful7
thankful7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 80 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 51 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie