SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:45 am

sosleepy wrote:Yeah, I really didn't like how SeanCat treated Juan Pablo. So OTT and ridiculous.  More recently, I disliked how Sean went on a Twitter rampage about Ben's 2ILY's and how he could not condone that, yada, yada. And Catherine turned into Wratherine over it as well. It was all just so sanctimonious. Then, behind the scenes we learn Catherine reached out to Lauren and Sean has had supportive interactions with Ben. So why with the Twitter rampage against Ben? Sean has a lot of followers. Why throw "friends" under the bus like that on such a public platform by throwing that out in the universe? I mean, what's the point? Not everyone can run this show to your "high" standards I guess, Sean. I also got a little bit of amusement over Sean's butt hurt tweets when Harrison et al was calling Ben the best Bachelor ever and putting him on Rushmore. It gave me a chuckle.

This is my issue as well. IMO it's kind of two faced, following the sarcastic and a bit rude tweeting style of the bach hashtag, while acting as a friend bts. I haven't seen any other bach couples do that, who have offered support bts. Behind the scenes Catherine is talking with Lauren, giving her advice, and telling her to call any time, and then Sean goes on a judgmental twitter rant. That must've made Lauren feel really good.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Female Posts : 3689

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:52 am

Sprite wrote:
sosleepy wrote:Yeah, I really didn't like how SeanCat treated Juan Pablo. So OTT and ridiculous.  More recently, I disliked how Sean went on a Twitter rampage about Ben's 2ILY's and how he could not condone that, yada, yada. And Catherine turned into Wratherine over it as well. It was all just so sanctimonious. Then, behind the scenes we learn Catherine reached out to Lauren and Sean has had supportive interactions with Ben. So why with the Twitter rampage against Ben? Sean has a lot of followers. Why throw "friends" under the bus like that on such a public platform by throwing that out in the universe? I mean, what's the point? Not everyone can run this show to your "high" standards I guess, Sean. I also got a little bit of amusement over Sean's butt hurt tweets when Harrison et al was calling Ben the best Bachelor ever and putting him on Rushmore. It gave me a chuckle.

Are you referring to their tweeting done during the airing of Ben's show? If so, I personally didn't find any of that a rampage or Catherine being Wratherine. It was just snarky fun. That has always been their sense of humour and I haven't seen much change in how they tweet and express themselves in any of the seasons they tweeted about. If anything, I think they are rather tame. I read a h*ll of a lot worse stuff here.
For me, the issue isn't that they tweet some snarky things about the season. It's that they do that in addition to being all nice and sweet behind the scenes. He can't have it both ways, and like Stuck said, sanctimonious is the perfect description for them. Even from Emily's season, I always got an arrogant, condescending vibe from Sean, and being the only Bachelor lead to marry his F1 has only exacerbated that. He likes to judge and preach everybody else, but when it comes to him (and the numerous reality shows they've done - do they even have stable jobs?) it's always editing's fault. Never his. And I definitely agree that he's mad that CH called Ben the most popular Bachelor ever and that he's been knocked off the pedestal he placed himself on.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:06 am

bblake wrote:
Sprite wrote:

Are you referring to their tweeting done during the airing of Ben's show? If so, I personally didn't find any of that a rampage or Catherine being Wratherine. It was just snarky fun. That has always been their sense of humour and I haven't seen much change in how they tweet and express themselves in any of the seasons they tweeted about. If anything, I think they are rather tame. I read a h*ll of a lot worse stuff here.

For me, the issue isn't that they tweet some snarky things about the season. It's that they do that in addition to being all nice and sweet behind the scenes. He can't have it both ways, and like Stuck said, sanctimonious is the perfect description for them. Even from Emily's season, I always got an arrogant, condescending vibe from Sean, and being the only Bachelor lead to marry his F1 has only exacerbated that. He likes to judge and preach everybody else, but when it comes to him (and the numerous reality shows they've done - do they even have stable jobs?) it's always editing's fault. Never his. And I definitely agree that he's mad that CH called Ben the most popular Bachelor ever and that he's been knocked off the pedestal he placed himself on.

We all have different opinions. To me those things don't have to be mutually exclusive. One can be fun and snarky and still like people and support them. Just because I like my friends and support them doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they say and do...and vise versa. That being said, I think we...the general audience...take these things a lot more to heart than the participants. They have been through the process and know how these things work...on the show and off...and generally seem to support one another and don't seem to take offense. For me personally, nothing that they tweeted while watching the show was in any way offensive and would preclude them being supportive of Ben and Lauren post show. They were responding to the edit that they were seeing and lots of SM and entertainment sites were much worse. Much!

Last edited by Sprite on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:16 am

IMO another thing I can't with SeanCat is that they can dish it out, but can't take it. I doubt, that had Ben live tweeted snarky about MBC based on the edit he saw on screen, that Catherine would've offered any support for Lauren. IMO there's a bit resentment from Sean toward Ben, how Ben still gets lots of love and support, even with the 2 ily's.

IMO in situation like this you can't have it both ways. You can't be privy to bts info and be supportive bts, and then snark about it on sm. It will hurt the feelings of those you privately support. I don't think the retweets and favorites are worth that sting they cause. Jmo.

Last edited by Fingersandtoes on Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:31 am

Sprite wrote:
bblake wrote:
Sprite wrote:

We all have different opinions. To me those things don't have to be mutually exclusive. One can be fun and snarky and still like people and support them. Just because I like my friends and support them doesn't mean I have to agree with everything they say and do...and vise versa. That being said, I think we...the general audience...take these things a lot more to heart than the participants. They have been through the process and know how these things work...on the show and off...and generally seem to support one another and don't seem to take offense. For me personally, nothing that they tweeted while watching the show was in any way offensive and would preclude them being supportive of Ben and Lauren post show. They were responding to the edit that they were seeing and lots of SM and entertainment sights were much worse. Much!
I just find it very, very two faced to offer someone support in private but then slam them on social media, especially since they know the process and know how much of it is edited and how much Ben would've been manipulated. But I guess Sean cares more about the RT's he gets than practicing the values he's always preaching everyone else about.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:57 am

This has never been one of my more favorite couples, but they are neither one of my least favorite. They are right there with most of all the others. 
I think like any other person/couple they have many shades to who they are and that can be dependent on so many variables. 
I hope they are happy and healthy and enjoying this special time in their lives.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by lovebites8727 Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:13 am

This is why sometimes I just want them to stop joining fellow alums live tweeting because of this kind of situation . Seriously?!They can't win anyway . But some people want them to live tweet every new season and upset if they don't . It doesn't matter how you hate them so badly (and it goes to others too . Everyone has their cup of tea ) so my suggestion is unfollow them during live tweeting for you own good.  As far of the over judging to both of them you just don't know how good people they are and I am sure in every aspect of real life you just take it and work all of them. And if you are mature enough in life you get it anyway.I just don't give a big deal or put anything on my back about live tweets . Just like everyone doing it too. You can call them out anything you want.It doesn't matter anyway. In every situation they can't win. Jmo.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"challenges are what makes life interesting,overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.real love is when you are completely committed to someone even when they are being completely unlovable.a strong marriage requires two people who chose to love each other even on those days when they struggle to like each other.a great marriage doesn't happen when the perfect couple gets together.It happens when an imperfect couple gets together and learn to enjoy each other's differences."
lovebites8727
lovebites8727

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:58 am

It is 100% true of every couple and contestant that they cannot please everyone so it's good to not even try. Sean should just own that he's an unemployed reality tv star like the rest of 'em and enjoy the ride instead of pretending he's so above the show and everyone else in it imo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Cocoasneeze Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:21 pm

I'm sorry if my opinion of them upsets others, I don't think they're bad people. But in this instance, when Catherine  offered support bts to Lauren, the snarky, judgmental live tweeting was cold and two faced. They know fully well how it feels to be at the receiving end of the live tweet snark. It would've proven SeanCat to be bigger people had they just toned it down. Anyway, Lauren doesn't seem phased by it, she's many times praised Catherine for her support. It just bothers me. Jmo.
Cocoasneeze
Cocoasneeze

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:33 pm

Sean probably warned him that he was gonna rag on him. And since Ben said he was inviting them to the wedding, he must not have minded too much. 

To my surprise they aren't milking the pregnancy like the rest of Bach nation. Maybe that's a sign of what's to come.

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:49 pm

lovebites8727 wrote:This is why sometimes I just want them to stop joining fellow alums live tweeting because of this kind of situation . Seriously?!They can't win anyway . But some people want them to live tweet every new season and upset if they don't . It doesn't matter how you hate them so badly (and it goes to others too . Everyone has their cup of tea ) so my suggestion is unfollow them during live tweeting for you own good.  As far of the over judging to both of them you just don't know how good people they are and I am sure in every aspect of real life you just take it and work all of them. And if you are mature enough in life you get it anyway.I just don't give a big deal or put anything on my back about live tweets . Just like everyone doing it too. You can call them out anything you want.It doesn't matter anyway. In every situation they can't win. Jmo.
Being a devil's advocate, this is life. 
Pretty much all of us are in that rock and a hard place situation or can't win either way situation depending who is judging/observing us. The difference for most of us is we are incognito, invisible and just another grain of sand on the beach. We don't stand out to the masses, nor do most of us want to. 
This is simply the human condition. It is what it is. I'm sure they are not concerned about it. I hope not. I guess if they were they would lead a less visible lifestyle.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:51 pm

Yeah- I mean, Lauren FOLLOWS Catherine. She probably looks up to Catherine. She spoke to Catherine behind the scenes. The whole dual ILY situation could not have been easy for Lauren at all. And to read that from the Lowes- had to sting. There is a difference between being snarky and mean spirited, and I think the Lowes crossed the line on that one, for sure.

I appreciated how the OTHER successful couples handled it so much more:

Trista and Ryan were BEYOND supportive to Ben and Lauren bts. They knew who Ben picked. They were encouraging - bts AND on Twitter. Ryan wrote a beautiful blog post directed to Lauren because he "got it." Both have said they want to hang out once Lauren gets to Denver.

Jason and Molly said nothing until the finale; then on Twitter they congratulated the couple and "welcomed them to the wild side."

Ashley/JP didnt say much of anything that I'm aware of. Their silence was golden. I guess they don't feel the need for constant Bachelor retweets and staying in the Bachelor world. JP snarked during the season on Twitter, but none of it was mean. It was funny; nothing that BenLo could get upset about.

Des/Chris offered support bts as well. Des congratulated them on Twitter, wrote a beautiful blog post offering them advice for what worked for her and Chris and "welcomed them to the family" (aka the Bachelor Married Club).

Kaitlyn and Shawn didn't watch the season, but they were talking to Ben bts frequently and offering support and advice. They knew who he picked, and both offererd public Twitter congrats post finale.

Sean crossed a line. He'd be better served to leave his opinions to himself, especially if he's giving advice bts. It doesn't ring genuine to me. it almost kind of made me wonder if some of the OTT Twitter reaction came from a "threatened" place. Like he's afraid his time on the top as the only Bachelor married couple is coming to the end. This was probably hightened by "the best Bachelor ever/Mount Rushmore" comments coming from the show. Sean was obviously kinda hurt by that and a little defensive. I don't know, if you've been through this process I'd rather you show a little compassion and understanding to the other leads/F1's. All these people put their VERY personal lives out there. The whole world is already picking apart their very intimate interactions. If no one else, the people who have been there done that should be supportive. And if they can't be supportive, then just stfu and don't say anything at all. JMO.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 80 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie