SELECT CONTENT

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Page 52 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 52 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by umngirl Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:01 pm

sosleepy wrote:I never said I thought they were getting divorced tomorrow. I just also think there is a kernel of truth in these reality shows regarding their relationship, however exaggerated. They aren't all perfect- no couple is. But the best way to squash speculation about your relationship for the viewers is to stay off these shows. Ash/JP, Chris/Des and all the rest I'm sure have their own issues to work through. It can't be all rainbows and sunshine for any of them. I don't have an opinion on Jash or Chres and their problems though, because - shocker, they pretty much stay off tv. Jason/Molly and Trista/Ryan have done a show or 2, but no one keeps putting themselves out there time after time like the Lowes do.

I actually like that the Bachelor Married Club is rising in members. I'm happy for the Lowes and their fans. I would never wish divorce in them. I think it's likely they will be together forever and ever. I do believe they love each other, that they commited to each other, but I also get the sense that they are about image. Also, once you enter that Bach married club, no one has left yet, and I'm sure there is a little pressure for all the couples to stick with it and not be the first divorce. I believe in SeanCat. BUT- life happens and *IF* I were ever to read about a separation in the future, it wouldn't shock me.

Well I'll just add that they have both said they won't be doing any more reality shows like CWS and MBC. They plan to just live their life in Dallas (what they've been doing 90+% of the time anyway) and focus on raising little peanut and any future little peanuts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion - Page 52 Empty Re: Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

Post by Mustang19 Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:06 pm

I asked because it seems to be a courtsey on this forum that if you know something as "fact" then you state the source or if not, then it's speculation or IMO. I have a different opinion than you. I have seem SM comments made by them in the past that has formed my opinion of them. Some were not so nice. It doesn't mean I think they are evil people, it just means that I don't think of them as nice and shiny as others may view them. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion of every contestant on this show, which is fine. IMO
Mustang19
Mustang19

Female Posts : 1192

Back to top Go down

Post by blessed66 Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Mustang19 wrote:I asked because it seems to be a courtsey on this forum that if you know something as "fact" then you state the source or if not, then it's speculation or IMO. I have a different opinion than you. I have seem SM comments made by them in the past that has formed my opinion of them. Some were not so nice. It doesn't mean I think they are evil people, it just means that I don't think  of them as nice and shiny as others may view them. Not everyone is going to have the same opinion of every contestant on this show, which is fine. IMO

It is a fact and I am the source, I just do not wish to talk about my relationship with the Lowes on this forum!!

blessed66
blessed66

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:08 pm

sosleepy wrote:Of course I don't really know them, but this was the image presented to me. If they don't want people to have this image, they should just say no to all this reality tv. It does them no favors.

On paper, I just don't get them. Liberal, tree-hugging, non-religious, vegan Seattle dweller + conservative, Bible thumping, meat eating Dallas guy didn't seem like the most obvious match. Obviously something worked for them that didn't register with me though. From everything I've seen on these recent-ish reality tv shows, Catherine has given up so much of her identity and has made a lot of sacrifices for this man. And now she seems to have built up resentment and insecurities because of it. I hope they are more solid than they appeared. And I'm sure they are, reality shows will exaggerate most everything. But, adding babies to a strained marriage will never fix anything, it just makes the marriage more difficult. It's a big adjustment and the marriage is never the same again once babies are involved.

IMO following Sean & Catherine (or any pseudo-celeb) on their SM shows only the side of them that is most marketable. There's nothing wrong with protecting and promoting your "brand" and working hard to be likable when that is how you pay your bills.

IMO Sean & Catherine worked very hard to repair the damage done by showing the ugly side of their marriage on Marriage Boot Camp. You may have seen this on Sean's blog, their individual IG accounts, Twitter, etc. I personally will never forget the sight of Catherine twerking on the stripper pole and grinding herself into Sarah's face on the party bus.  Nor will I forget Sean admitting while strapped up to a lie detector that he didn't think he would be ready for kids within the year.

IMO there was quite a lot of good discussion on the troubling aspects of their marriage that was uncovered during the counseling sessions on Marriage Boot Camp. The threads can be found right here on this forum. 1. Click on Home, scroll to the bottom of the page.  2. Click on Completed Shows Archived - Other Locked or Inactive Forums.  3. Scroll down and click on Other Locked or Inactive Forums.  4. Scroll down and click on Other TV Shows - Inactive. 5. Click on Other TV Shows Inactive. You'll find three of the reality shows Sean & Catherine appeared on after their televised wedding. I wish good health, love and happiness on all of the couples from Bach Nation.

PRIDE is concerned with WHO is right. Humility is concerned with what is right. 

** Tell the truth - even when it is unpopular. **
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:00 pm

JMHO but I think the Lowe's should have never gone on Marriage Boot Camp. My feeling is they did it for the money, not realizing they were opening a large can of worms. I did watch the show and was shocked. If they needed marriage therapy they should have done it in private.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by whit90 Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:34 pm

^^^
If they had done counseling in private then they would not have gotten paid for it. IMO Sean wants the perfect image of their marriage and always blames the edit when it does not turn out his way. I do not see this couple divorcing but I do think that what I saw on MBC and Wife Swap shows some truth to what they are really like. To me Sean is a hypocrite , famewhore , and will do anything to keep up with a lifestyle that they might not have the money for. JMO
whit90
whit90

Back to top Go down

Post by Linds911 Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:56 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:IMO watching a TV show and not following them in their every day life only shows one side of them, and that's the reality tv edited side. This goes for many of the former contestants especially those who were villains on the show but in real life are successful kind hearted good people.

They are far far from getting divorced. They live a happy healthy life, and are very close to their families. I read Sean's blogs, which always contain good information as well as watch the occasional live feed from his church. He should be a preacher because when he's in that mode, I could listen to him all day long.

IMO their everyday life is a true picture of who they are.

I agree Meeting them in person shows exactly how they are in everyday life but even better as they treat you like a friend. They could have just signed my copy of Sean's book & took a few pictures, but they also had a short conversation with me that I will always cherish.

I can't comment on how they appeared on MBC because I only saw the premiere episode but most of CWS was just pathetic editing. There was no mention of them lounging on the couch having pizza with their dogs, having date nights, dinner with Sean's family, normal things that they show us on Twitter & IG. Not surprised that Jason and Molly had the better edit since I read that they are friends with producers. Those were 2 TV shows that they gave a try and learned from it, good and bad. You can't always focus on reality shows to see how a couple really is. I see them as a loving couple who care about each other, their families, hobbies, and the support of their fans. I am looking forward to July when they add a little baby into their lives and how blessed he or she will be to have them as parents Smiley PINKHEART

I know we can reach the stars, You've already hung the moon  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Linds911
Linds911

Female Posts : 11968

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:34 pm

I think SeanCat is a brand. There is also love too, but the brand seems central to me. JMO.

No offense to those saying they will not do anymore reality tv shows, but we heard that after DWTS, they even turned down their own show then. Perhaps they did learn from Celebrity Wife Swap and Marriage Bootcamp, but I will have to see them keep their word since they had no problem breaking it in the past.

I also find them santimonious, but again that is JMO.

Linds, I am glad they spent time with you. That was nice, but they do enjoy an intense amount of support from this board. I met Jef Holm three years ago, he spent around 45 minutes answering questions even with others around to talk to him. It was also a nice thing to do, but doesn't change that he is a guy who lives off a trust fund and seems allergic to work.

Just my opinion, no person is all good or all bad. But SeanCat like to make sarcastic and even mean comments about others on SM then get mad when they get it back in return. Of course, I admit, I haven't been impressed with these two since they were both so snotty to JPG, who they both mocked on SM. I don't care if they are nice in person, they are not nice on SM. All of course is JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sosleepy Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:16 pm

Yeah, I really didn't like how SeanCat treated Juan Pablo. So OTT and ridiculous.  More recently, I disliked how Sean went on a Twitter rampage about Ben's 2ILY's and how he could not condone that, yada, yada. And Catherine turned into Wratherine over it as well. It was all just so sanctimonious. Then, behind the scenes we learn Catherine reached out to Lauren and Sean has had supportive interactions with Ben. So why with the Twitter rampage against Ben? Sean has a lot of followers. Why throw "friends" under the bus like that on such a public platform by throwing that out in the universe? I mean, what's the point? Not everyone can run this show to your "high" standards I guess, Sean. I also got a little bit of amusement over Sean's butt hurt tweets when Harrison et al was calling Ben the best Bachelor ever and putting him on Rushmore. It gave me a chuckle.
sosleepy
sosleepy

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:27 pm

sosleepy wrote:Yeah, I really didn't like how SeanCat treated Juan Pablo. So OTT and ridiculous.  More recently, I disliked how Sean went on a Twitter rampage about Ben's 2ILY's and how he could not condone that, yada, yada. And Catherine turned into Wratherine over it as well. It was all just so sanctimonious. Then, behind the scenes we learn Catherine reached out to Lauren and Sean has had supportive interactions with Ben. So why with the Twitter rampage against Ben? Sean has a lot of followers. Why throw "friends" under the bus like that on such a public platform by throwing that out in the universe? I mean, what's the point? Not everyone can run this show to your "high" standards I guess, Sean. I also got a little bit of amusement over Sean's butt hurt tweets when Harrison et al was calling Ben the best Bachelor ever and putting him on Rushmore. It gave me a chuckle.

That's one of my very big problems with these two. They reach out in private, then publicly are mean and sarcastic. Their private actions don't negate the public mean ones. They just don't impress me and their brand of Christianity has a very mean edge to it. Of course and as always, JMO.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:05 am

I completely agree Stucki! That's one of my pet peeves with the Lowes. IMO they think they're SO good and above it all. Sanctimonious is the perfect description.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:08 am

sosleepy wrote:Yeah, I really didn't like how SeanCat treated Juan Pablo. So OTT and ridiculous.  More recently, I disliked how Sean went on a Twitter rampage about Ben's 2ILY's and how he could not condone that, yada, yada. And Catherine turned into Wratherine over it as well. It was all just so sanctimonious. Then, behind the scenes we learn Catherine reached out to Lauren and Sean has had supportive interactions with Ben. So why with the Twitter rampage against Ben? Sean has a lot of followers. Why throw "friends" under the bus like that on such a public platform by throwing that out in the universe? I mean, what's the point? Not everyone can run this show to your "high" standards I guess, Sean. I also got a little bit of amusement over Sean's butt hurt tweets when Harrison et al was calling Ben the best Bachelor ever and putting him on Rushmore. It gave me a chuckle.

Are you referring to their tweeting done during the airing of Ben's show? If so, I personally didn't find any of that a rampage or Catherine being Wratherine. It was just snarky fun. That has always been their sense of humour and I haven't seen much change in how they tweet and express themselves in any of the seasons they tweeted about. If anything, I think they are rather tame. I read a h*ll of a lot worse stuff here.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 52 of 80 Previous  1 ... 27 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 66 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Sean & Catherine Lowe - Bachelor 17 - Discussion

+79
Al
Tiggerlgh
grace8136
Beach Lover
justrosie