SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 1 Premiere - May 19/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 1 Premiere - May 19/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 1 Premiere - May 19/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by notarose Wed May 21, 2014 4:50 pm

JBF wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
JBF your back!!!  Love "hearing" your thoughts.  This season will be fun.  Hope you stick around.   Smiley 

I dunno if it will be "fun"... and not sure how much I will sit through. Yet those limo arrivals were more interesting than I expected. Aside from knowing The One spoiled, I am clueless about everything else this season apart from Eric being covered in Entertainment Weekly. Something murasaki hinted at (trying to PM me out from my cave) made me think think the editors might, in fact, incorporate him into the story more than initially planned since... correct me if I'm wrong... the crew did inform Andi and the guys about him.

It was strange how he presented the dolls (a pair, in fact... like husband and wife) long after she gave the odd reaction to the lamp... but edited right before Josh's arrival for a very specific reason. It could go either way: he's F1 or they already decided he's the next Bachelor... and because SOMETHING about Eric impacts him.

Alas... guess we must not read too much into this silly show.

Meanderings on your above theory.  Food for thought.

The lamp - useless without an outlet.  It needs to be returned to the hotel. It doesn't belong here. She carried it away without help from production.  She appears slightly confused as to what to do with it. We never know what becomes of the other articles she is presented with.  Those are taken care of by production.

Eric gives a woman he just met a set of dolls which symbolize, to the child who gave them to him, "girlfriend".  
Could this suggest something is happening too quickly to be logical? They do remind me of wedding cake toppers except they are garish colors in comparison)

I'm not understanding the link between Eric and Josh.  Could you explain?
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 1 Premiere - May 19/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 29 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 1 Premiere - May 19/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by JBF Wed May 21, 2014 7:24 pm

There may not be a link between the two guys. Silly me only watched the limo arrivals. Nothing else. Just thought it was odd how the two were edited close together.

I toss this stuff out there to see what others will have to say. *chuckle chuckle*
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 10:10 pm

JBF wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
JBF your back!!!  Love "hearing" your thoughts.  This season will be fun.  Hope you stick around.   Smiley 

I dunno if it will be "fun"... and not sure how much I will sit through. Yet those limo arrivals were more interesting than I expected. Aside from knowing The One spoiled, I am clueless about everything else this season apart from Eric being covered in Entertainment Weekly. Something murasaki hinted at (trying to PM me out from my cave) made me think think the editors might, in fact, incorporate him into the story more than initially planned since... correct me if I'm wrong... the crew did inform Andi and the guys about him.

It was strange how he presented the dolls (a pair, in fact... like husband and wife) long after she gave the odd reaction to the lamp... but edited right before Josh's arrival for a very specific reason. It could go either way: he's F1 or they already decided he's the next Bachelor... and because SOMETHING about Eric impacts him.

Alas... guess we must not read too much into this silly show.

First off, may i just say that im Proud of myself 4 making you out from your cave..giggling. Good to see your amusing elephanty post again ..

So.. Let just put it on the table of what you meant by SOMETHING ...are you saying that Eric's passing affecting Josh's edit? In a way that Fleiss Will hand us a F1 on Silver platter Since he got his focus on this season as its dedicated to Eric aka got lots of work to do Refine Eric's edit in best light Possible ?

I too sense that we wont get another shocking surprise this season . Fleiss's hands Seems too full (and he has No energy left) to orchestrate a concerted foiler after Eric's sudden passing, his new wife giggling and last 'troublesome' season.
He Will keep the Tone of this season as low as Possible Since its 'dedicated' to Eric Hill. I expect No significant bumpy road toward the end. Just my 2 cents  2cents 
(I Hope i wont get locked in a basement or Jailed by ' ADA' folks here  peace for having an early speculation, Since its what i love the most giggling)

I found its funny that i eventually found myself not excited of what looks like gonna be a 'Smooth sailing' season . I mumbled grumbled watching a bumpy road season , and now im complaining about a Smooth season as well laugh out loud. I guess Fleiss Will never do me any justice either way giggling

JBF, i personally dying to see your analysis on the preview (available on video thread). Praying Only then i can go back peacefully to my cave until finale  Smiley.

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Wed May 21, 2014 10:32 pm

Ugh... those seasonal previews. They make me want to drive off a cliff! I guess I will have to look at one eventually.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 21, 2014 10:38 pm

JBF wrote:Ugh... those seasonal previews. They make me want to drive off a cliff! I guess I will have to look at one eventually.

Great!! Will be waiting  cheerleader . Would you pls put it on video- discussion thread as its easier to find? TIA Smiley

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed May 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Aunties_Love wrote:
Sarah_XV wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Sarah_XV wrote:The video on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/watch/638282 ) pretty much says he lives on the farm.
But he does more than just being on the farm.  I think that should be brought to the table too versus just saying farmer.

Of course he is more than a farmer.
But the point I was making was in reply to someone who said she wouldn't live on a farm in Iowa.
Farmer or more than farmer, either way he lives there.
I don't know what's around that area, but what if she could get a good job locally there, wouldn't that sway things?  I am just saying that keeping an open mind is a good thing right now.

I think that Chris is tied to Iowa and the family business. I also don't see Andi living in the midwest, maybe, maybe, Chicago, but not anything too small. I think Andi is a city girl and will want to stay in a big city. I also think her use of y'all when I didn't notice it much last season is her subtle clue of wanting South or at least warm. I said a couple of weeks ago I don't see Andi moving to the midwest, Nick and Chris, would have to move for her.

This is not based on spoilers, I like Josh and the Murrays alot and want the spoiler to be wrong, so it is not a desire to see the spoiler.

To all annoyed by Josh's confidence and arrogance. He was drafted very high in the baseball draft and got a decent amount of money off that. He also walked on to an SEC football team. Most professional athletes are not shy, and confidence is part of the game. You go into a situation with the confidence you can win or you are likely to lose. So for that his confidence doesn't bother me at all.

I have no favorites for Andi at this point, just favorites for me. I am still holding out hope to get a Josh as the bachelor season.

For all of those who think Andi is anxious to move, Emily was open to moving too and yet is about to get married and move into a new house in Charlotte. The two situations are not the same as Emily is stuck in Charlotte because of the Hendricks, but lots of southern girls I know enjoy living in the south/warm and aren't anxious to leave it. Even Andi's education choices were all southern.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggenzm Wed May 21, 2014 11:38 pm

JBF wrote:
murasaki1393 wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Your english is fine.  More than fine! I don't speak another language, so my bad.
But--I don't think that step thing means a hill of beans--that is me personally.

thanks Kasha!  Smiley 

its just one of little things that caught my attention when i heard about it for the first time  :giggle: . I did once go back and checked Roberto and JP. they did a "full stepping out" thing as well. Not sure about the old seasons though...

Too exhausted from last season to even watch a full episode, but I'll help you out with just...

...the limo arrivals on youtube... LOL!

Not sure if I can handle watching any more than just the "highlights". I will... not... torture... myself... with... this... silly... show.  :headbanging 

First of all... is this a "spoiled" thread? If I goofed, let me know if I must delete anything. Googled "bachelorette" and you-know-who's spoiler came up on a couple sites. So... no point in posting anything on the non-spoiler threads. Also NOT debating the spoiler king, not trusting the editors or Fleiss with anything "predictable" any more, whether it is the rose ceremony order, voice-overs, body language apart from the obvious, "time stamps"... just call me a c-y-n-i-c. On the plus side, there doesn't appear to be any noticeable war going on between Fleiss and the lead, as was the case last season. So maybe we are back to "normalcy"?

Going by the limo arrival segment (all I've watch), what stood out instantly was the very soft intro music. My guess is our Ending will be much like Des'... the "ahhh" kind. Even if Andi breaks up with him months down the road, we are still getting the ending THEY want... a.k.a. "romantic".

She is much prettier and polished as the lead than as the uptight and irritable contestant last time around. Also looks a trifle bored on screen. It appears that she is looking for something specific and the majority of the guys simply don't have it. She isn't fussy about what-they-do... heck, she may be OK regardless if they are a beatnik poet, professional pimp or speech writer to the president. Yet she really wants to know where everybody is "from". Me thinks she wants the guy who causes the least conflict with HER career since she has no desire to relocate soon.

Also noticed that LOTS of guys are "nervous" as if they have some sixth sense something bad will happen this season. Probably the only bad thing is the sudden passing of Eric after he left the show and that may impact their lives more than expected. My guess is that most contestants say they are nervous out of the limo, but the editors cross-select just a few to say so in the finished episode. This time, anybody using the N-word is heard... I think I only noticed about 5 or 6 not using it.

Oh what the heck... a rundown... and, no, I did NOT see what happened to these guys "once inside" so you will be chuckling over my naiveté. Also not sure who makes top three apart from the one you-know-who chose.

1.) Marcus = Drew = Sean Lowe = Ryan Park. They need to change that it-is-getting-old guitar rift used to signify the "first out is the handsome-est by HER book". Like Ashley H. with Ryan, Andi is "woah" with Marcus. These ladies must get ink blot tests pre-season to determine what turns them on visually.

2.) Chris the Iowa farmer is clearly one THEY like from his very soft intro, but I don't buy her "nice to meet you" as genuine interest.

3 & 4.) JJ and Marquil... their music is too "ordinary" to suggest they last long. They are simply in-betweeners for the more interesting guys.

5.) Tasos walks too fast as if he's less interested in Andi than she is with him. He "tasos" about travel a lot, making me think he's here to be her tour guide. Even instructs her too much on the procedure of his "adorable" lock. Me thinks these two are too-too much alike in their fussiness.

6.) Cody the personal trainer shows how he can push a limo... but no clue how well he can "push" a woman who doesn't change her mind easily.

7.) Steven the Cali Boy is definitely too "far-away" for her tastes (i.e. give up the law practice to go surfing the Pacific), but I am guessing she keeps him long enough to see she can convert him into a Southern Boy. Uh oh. Andi has an... *drink!*... obstacle to overcome. You can't force these guys to be just like you. You have to... *drink!*... compromise.

8.) Rudie legally states "May I approach the Bachelorette?" Is it just me thinking this overall nervousness is getting out of hand?

9.) Carl has a nice blue collar firefighting occupation like Mr. Sutter. Dad would like him if she doesn't.

10.) Jason does not turn her on despite how nice he is. Something about his hair, I guess.

11.) Nick Veee has her seeing polka dots.

12.) Dylan gets the full fledge F1 entrance, making me wonder if somebody had high hopes for him but his "nervousness" ruined his chances.

13.) Patrick... soccer jock with music to match. No "nervousness" with him... a rarity with this troop.

14.) Emil asks her if she is having fun with this "so far". Obviously she hasn't seen Cary Grant's funny bourbon intoxicated scene in NORTH BY NORTHWEST with Emil the cop since she repeats "anal" instead of properly spelling out the name in her mind. They should give these bachelors and bachelorettes a must-see list of antique movies so they won't be so un-educated. I don't expect them to watch D.W. Griffith or Sergei Eisentein, mind you... just the familiar stuff. Believe it or not, there was a cinema before Harry Potter arrived.

15.) Brett and his lamp... and her expression with the lamp... alas... has my interest in Andi once again plummeting some notches. It was a joke! "We need to return this to the hotel." Huh? Don't fuss so much about it. They have a crew here who will do it. Are you going to be picking at your dress next time a guy doesn't interest you?

16.) Craig repeats Juan's gig with the champagne bottle. Eww. Yet I am surprised she is turned on by the stunt. He may be "average" in looks on her scale, but actions speak louder I guess. Her body language suggests that she is definitely thinking "stuff" about him.

17.) Ron... opposite of Craig. Too poised to do that kind of thing despite being in "beverage sales" and eager to go inside and "grab a little drink".

18.) Bradley arrives after "poised" Craig to show he drinks "culture" as an opera singer.

19.) Denver Josh gets two "thank you"s from her... poor guy.

20.) Ugh... another gimmick: the golf cart. Nick Esssss. Actually he's somebody I would want to see go far on this show simply because his soft beard and receding hairline makes him completely different than the other jocks on the show. Also he is not "nervous" like most of them.

21.) Brian gets a F1-ish entrance... and probably be my initial guess had I not been spoiled. She didn't bother asking him about himself but loved looking him over.

22.) Andrew gets one of the happy-go-lucky upbeat instrumentals, but her "thank you for coming" sounds too final for my speculation.

23.) Mike... not sure if she is into the long-hairs or not. No talk of "nervous" here but these two did look awkward together.

24.) Eric... you know they will give him the best edit possible.

25.) Atlanta Josh says "wow" coming out of the limo and I am guessing his storyline is "influenced" by Eric getting edited right before him... as if whatever "obstacles" he has get cured by Eric in some indirect way. Intriguingly, Andi was also last out of the limo last season.

I don't know how much more I will be watching, but maybe this is a start?

Oh, come on JBF, it won't be the same without you. I really enjoy your comments, even when we don't agree!! partytime
Thanks for the input! I like Josh and Marcus. Josh confidence is very appealing to me and Marcus is HOOOOO!!

Last edited by Maggenzm on Thu May 22, 2014 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Maggenzm
Maggenzm

Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Thu May 22, 2014 12:06 am

stuckinsc wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Sarah_XV wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Sarah_XV wrote:The video on Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/watch/638282 ) pretty much says he lives on the farm.
But he does more than just being on the farm.  I think that should be brought to the table too versus just saying farmer.

But the point I was making was in reply to someone who said she wouldn't live on a farm in Iowa.
I don't know what's around that area, but what if she could get a good job locally there, wouldn't that sway things?  I am just saying that keeping an open mind is a good thing right now.

I think that Chris is tied to Iowa and the family business.  I also don't see Andi living in the midwest, maybe, maybe, Chicago, but not anything too small.  I think Andi is a city girl and will want to stay in a big city.  I also think her use of y'all when I didn't notice it much last season is her subtle clue of wanting South or at least warm.  I said a couple of weeks ago I don't see Andi moving to the midwest, Nick and Chris, would have to move for her.

This is not based on spoilers, I like Josh and the Murrays alot and want the spoiler to be wrong, so it is not a desire to see the spoiler.

To all annoyed by Josh's confidence and arrogance.  He was drafted very high in the baseball draft and got a decent amount of money off that.  He also walked on to an SEC football team.  Most professional athletes are not shy, and confidence is part of the game.  You go into a situation with the confidence you can win or you are likely to lose.  So for that his confidence doesn't bother me at all.

I have no favorites for Andi at this point, just favorites for me.  I am still holding out hope to get a Josh as the bachelor season.

For all of those who think Andi is anxious to move, Emily was open to moving too and yet is about to get married and move into a new house in Charlotte.  The two situations are not the same as Emily is stuck in Charlotte because of the Hendricks, but lots of southern girls I know enjoy living in the south/warm and aren't anxious to leave it.  Even Andi's education choices were all southern.

About moving:
Her priorities,in order, would likely be - not move, move where she doesn't have to upgrade her credentials, move but have to retest.

I think when to start a family may be a bigger issue.   She only worked for a short period before taking her leave which could end up being a year long.  If she "loves" her job, she needs more time on athe job to build her expertise.  What is her tentative timeline before starting a family?  I think that would be very important to know.  If she wants to work about 4 years then any guy at 32 would become a father of their first child at 36-7.  I hope we hear discussion between Andi early about her parenting timeline and that of her final 4.  Of course, she might be ready tomorrow.
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu May 22, 2014 12:28 am

notarose wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:
Sarah_XV wrote:
Aunties_Love wrote:

I think that Chris is tied to Iowa and the family business.  I also don't see Andi living in the midwest, maybe, maybe, Chicago, but not anything too small.  I think Andi is a city girl and will want to stay in a big city.  I also think her use of y'all when I didn't notice it much last season is her subtle clue of wanting South or at least warm.  I said a couple of weeks ago I don't see Andi moving to the midwest, Nick and Chris, would have to move for her.

To all annoyed by Josh's confidence and arrogance.  He was drafted very high in the baseball draft and got a decent amount of money off that.  He also walked on to an SEC football team.  Most professional athletes are not shy, and confidence is part of the game.  You go into a situation with the confidence you can win or you are likely to lose.  So for that his confidence doesn't bother me at all.

I have no favorites for Andi at this point, just favorites for me.  I am still holding out hope to get a Josh as the bachelor season.

For all of those who think Andi is anxious to move, Emily was open to moving too and yet is about to get married and move into a new house in Charlotte.  The two situations are not the same as Emily is stuck in Charlotte because of the Hendricks, but lots of southern girls I know enjoy living in the south/warm and aren't anxious to leave it.  Even Andi's education choices were all southern.

About moving:
Her priorities,in order, would likely be - not move, move where she doesn't have to upgrade her credentials, move but have to retest.

I think when to start a family may be a bigger issue.   She only worked for a short period before taking her leave which could end up being a year long.  If she "loves" her job, she needs more time on athe job to build her expertise.  What is her tentative timeline before starting a family?  I think that would be very important to know.  If she wants to work about 4 years then any guy at 32 would become a father of their first child at 36-7.  I hope we hear discussion between Andi early about her parenting timeline and that of her final 4.  Of course, she might be ready tomorrow.

Good question. I don't see Andi wanting to be a mommy right away, but I have no proof, just my gut feeling. I do hope we hear her talk about that. I think being an older dad is less an issue than an older mom. As a biomedical graduate student, I find it insulting that for women we are actually best to have kids health wise in our late teens early or 20s and yet maturity and emotion wise we are probably better waiting until late 20 or 30s, yet biology fights that. This is a generalization and not true for all. Just research and seeing lots of women struggle to get pregnant in the late 30s and also having increased risk for genetic abnormality and complications.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Fri May 30, 2014 12:47 pm

I'm a lot behind because I was on a cruise to Alaska when this aired. I actually watched epi 2 first at my SIL's in Vancouver.  I have a little different opinion about a couple of the guys from seeing this one.

The guys I noticed at the limo arrivals:

Rudie, Dylan, Marcus, Eric, Nick, & Carl.

The cocktail party:

Josh was better than I expected after seeing him in epi 2. Still not my type.
Marquel- loved the cookie & banter.
Eric - he'd have probably got my FIR. He's just so sweet.   sad 
Tasos did well talking to Andi. Didn't expect that after my impression in epi 2. Still don't love the earrings or hair.
Nick was so down to  earth. I just liked him from the start. Loved the outfit.
Marcus - He's hot but also seems to be a quietly nice guy.
Chris - Doesn't appear to be a good match with Andi but seems to be a really nice guy. Not seeing him in any way as TB though.

The Chris B part was so annoyingly fake. I don't think Andi knew but that's all that seemed real about it.  no Why in the world did Andi let Rudie go and keep Cody or some of the others? I thought he'd at least make the first cut.

I thought Andi did really well talking to all the guys. So far I think she's going to be a good lead. The only thing that caught my eye in the season preview was her saying "I was so wrong". Wonder what that's about?

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15320

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 29 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 27, 28, 29

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 1 Premiere - May 19/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+48
glazedover
Maggenzm
docnash14
bleuberry
krispadget
livlafluv1
FLChica
mtnlvr55
b
pavalygurl
sdmom