SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 2 of 54 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by luvlady345 Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:57 pm

Atem? Are you serious? That is such a racist thing to say even if there is some truth to it, you don't say that.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Rosepetal Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:02 pm

Actions can speak louder than words and she gets rid of both of them this episode per RS. As far as the waitress thing with Andrew it might be the case of "man code", (using a phrase from Jillian season) and she doesn't know about it.
Rosepetal
Rosepetal

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:10 pm

luvlady345 wrote:Atem? Are you serious? That is such a racist thing to say even if there is some truth to it, you don't say that.

As a black woman, yes I think that's the case. I think it's just as racist for Marquel to be there just because he's black.   

Nothing about Andi going off on Andrew on anything and Marquel is cut that very episode.

Seriously, I think it's hilarious that Andi goes off on Eric and there's nothing indicating that for Andrew.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:16 pm

Rosepetal wrote:Actions can speak louder than words and she gets rid of both of them this episode per RS. As far as the waitress thing with Andrew it might be the case of "man code", (using a phrase from Jillian season) and she doesn't know about it.

I do think she finds out and thus, the 'I knew it was too goo to be true' thing in Italy.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by chloep Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:18 pm

^^ My guess would be that Andi doesn't even know about what goes down.. just that they guys are fighting and MeAndi is were unhappy with the fact that they aren't only concerned about her, so she cuts them.... Let's be honest she honestly cares for all but 2-3 guys....

“Do not look back and grieve over the past, for it is gone; and do not be troubled about the future, for it has yet to come. Live in the present, and make it so beautiful that it will be worth remembering”
chloep
chloep

Female Posts : 3024

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:26 pm

chloep wrote:^^ My guess would be that Andi doesn't even know about what goes down.. just that they guys are fighting and MeAndi is were unhappy with the fact that they aren't only concerned about her, so she cuts them.... Let's be honest she honestly cares for all but 2-3 guys....

I am sure that's the case.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:47 pm

atem wrote:
luvlady345 wrote:Atem? Are you serious? That is such a racist thing to say even if there is some truth to it, you don't say that.

As a black woman, yes I think that's the case. I think it's just as racist for Marquel to be there just because he's black.   

Nothing about Andi going off on Andrew on anything and Marquel is cut that very episode.

Seriously, I think it's hilarious that Andi goes off on Eric and there's nothing indicating that for Andrew.

atem, can I ask you as a black woman a question? I wonder if Marquel or someone like him was chosen as bachelor and ended up with someone other than a black woman as his F1, do you think it would be an issue? I don't know. I have heard things like this living in both Atlanta and Augusta which are both very racially diverse places.

I hope Marquel was there because is cute and funny, maybe a little immature (as is Marcus) but definitely fun to have around and good to look at.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:48 pm

atem wrote:

As an AA woman I found Andrews statement highly racist.

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Catdwoman50 Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:57 pm

^^ Great convo here. I just had to report a staff member who makes off-colored remarks like Andrew did. The idea of offensive is on the eye of the beholder -so it is important to be sensitive about what we say, case in point our current conversation. For example, one of my staff got a reprimand for a similar statement (as Andrew's to someone in the team who is black). Mind you the person addressed did not take offense so he didn't report to HR. I, as the manager had to because it happened and was witnessed by co-workers and reported to me. The other managers who saw the incident and didn't report also received the same reprimand (no promo/pay increases for 2 years). Imagine that!

Need to do something productive and stop hanging out in this forum (after Nick's season)
Catdwoman50
Catdwoman50

Female Posts : 1684

Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:59 pm

I don't know what Andi's stance is, or whether she even has a stance.

I'm your typical WASP, and I find Marquel completely adorbs and hawt. So it's hard for me to believe that he's still there due to the color of his skin.

If what RS says is true, it's a low blow to Marquel; and I would hope that MF would be sensitive enough not to show it. Who am I kidding, MF would sell out his own mother for drama and ratings.
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by nd4reality Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:40 pm

atem wrote:
Rosepetal wrote:Actions can speak louder than words and she gets rid of both of them this episode per RS. As far as the waitress thing with Andrew it might be the case of "man code", (using a phrase from Jillian season) and she doesn't know about it.

I do think she finds out and thus, the 'I knew it was too goo to be true' thing in Italy.

She really is a drama queen if she freaks out about a MOT guy (andrew) an episode after hes been eliminated.

Team #:tinfoil
iPad mini typos Embarassed  . So sorry.
nd4reality
nd4reality

Female Posts : 13685

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:42 pm

From the promos, Marquel took offense to it, and who can blame him.

I find Marquel adorable, charming, funny and handsome as well. He makes me laugh with his personality ... and with his RC attire.  giggling 
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 54 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+84
ag54
Mirzam
KareyR2
MVMom39forever
kfreebie
jlccaz
ironcat
Luvvy
e258
cindebugg
Mustang19