SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 54 of 54 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 54 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by MiaHawk Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:08 am

My take on the "salty" Nick edit is that
1) They need a storyline for Nick and ornery skeptic is his role this season.
and
2) Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nick say he was previously engaged for "like a minute" and the reason it didn't work out was because it was an immature relationship (his words) and that he at the time thought that he was "too cool" (or something to that effect)? Therefore, I think that Nick does, indeed, have a slight hipster/I'm too cool for this/smug air about him. And everytime he has that smirky smile on his face, the camera zooms in to try to accentuate his "smugness". Some of the guys even called him "smug" on that GD.

I think that when the poster above (sorry, do not recall who said it) says these are red flags about parenting, I think that she means (and I don't mean to put words in their mouth) that sometimes as a parent you have to get down on your knees and do some goofy things, and maybe Nick doesn't really enjoy that. And I say that being a parent requires wearing many, many different hats. The goofy fun dad, the calm and reaffirming dad, the wise sage, the band-aid wielding/to the Emergency Room driving dad, etc, etc. So, yeah, Nick has his strengths and weaknesses, just like every one else (except for Marcus who is perfect! Haha!)
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 54 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Beagle Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:30 am

MiaHawk wrote:My take on the "salty" Nick edit is that
1) They need a storyline for Nick and ornery skeptic is his role this season.
and
2) Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Nick say he was previously engaged for "like a minute" and the reason it didn't work out was because it was an immature relationship (his words) and that he at the time thought that he was "too cool" (or something to that effect)?  Therefore, I think that Nick does, indeed, have a slight hipster/I'm too cool for this/smug air about him.  And everytime he has that smirky smile on his face, the camera zooms in to try to accentuate his "smugness".  Some of the guys even called him "smug" on that GD.

I think that when the poster above (sorry, do not recall who said it) says these are red flags about parenting, I think that she means (and I don't mean to put words in their mouth) that sometimes as a parent you have to get down on your knees and do some goofy things, and maybe Nick doesn't really enjoy that.  And I say that being a parent requires wearing many, many different hats.  The goofy fun dad, the calm and reaffirming dad, the wise sage, the band-aid wielding/to the Emergency Room driving dad, etc, etc. So, yeah, Nick has his strengths and weaknesses, just like every one else (except for Marcus who is perfect!  Haha!)

Nick was in a relationship for 7 years that ended. He was having a hard time letting go so he entered into a new relationship to forget the previous one. In that second relationship he got engaged like he said for a minute, but recognized it was an immature relationship. He was very honest in describing his feelings on both relationships.

If you check Nicks IG, you will see how Nick feels about babies and children in general. Looks to me he will be the get down on your knees and be goofy dad. He comes from a family of 11 children and he has been a father figure to many of them according to him.

And yes Nick is human but Marcus is perfect, I agree.  Hugesmile 
Beagle
Beagle

Back to top Go down

Page 54 of 54 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+84
ag54
Mirzam
KareyR2
MVMom39forever
kfreebie
jlccaz
ironcat
Luvvy
e258
cindebugg
Mustang19