SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Page 53 of 54 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Luvvy Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:37 am

Martinanne wrote:
ThankMeLater wrote:

it could be the part where he was kissing her cheek and pulls him in and gets lost. I remember this scene from the preview of the season on ep 1.

Oh yeah I bet you're right!  I found it here at 0:59 (and in slomo at 8:40).  Does that look like a match? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClgzFYR2IZg  

That was so intimate. A little glimpse of what's on the editing room floor.

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion - Page 53 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

Post by Alanna Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:00 am

I understand why the edit needs to portray Jodi as stressed and looking like they have a painful paper cut all the time because otherwise there would be no show and no competition, but I hope they give them at least a really great montage at the frc. They are so sweet together when they aren't being shown with pained expressions talking about his athletic abilities Rolling Eyes

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:24 am

notarose wrote:
violetstoo wrote:
ThankMeLater wrote:My issue with Nick in this episode was how he was such a Debbie downer and thought he was too cool for the group date. Yes Nick I get the date was a foolish idea but if you compare this date to the singing or stripping date he was pretty lucky. You never saw any of the other guys such Marcus complain so I don't understand why he couldn't just go with the flow?[/quot

"The trouble with Nick, these group dates are for finding where people's comfort zone is, how well they interact with the other guys, and are they willing to try new things just for fun.  These are such a part of parenting, this would be a real red flag that someone would turn out to be a selfish,spoiled parent:(  no no 
Whereas Josh has shown just the opposite with Andi and the guys of how to be generous, have fun, but take the important things seriously, just my opinion.....  affraid laugh out loud

As you mentioned parenting:
At the m&g in epi 1 Nick told Andi that he was from a family of 11 children and that he had had to take on a "father" role with some of his younger siblings.  It was the only time he looked uncomfortable during that conversation.  We don't know at this point in the show why that was necessary.  
Taking on a parent role at a young age would mean that you watch over others while they play. Playing basketball as in the first GD was a completely different kind of play.

My Grandma was the 3rd youngest of 15 children. Over the years of hearing her stories about growing up it became clear to me that she was basically raised by her older sisters. Her Mother being the only bread winner (her husband left the family) worked to put a roof over their heads and food on the table. If my Grandma needed anything she went to her sisters. Her sisters provided advice, homework help, discipline, meals and made sure she got to school. It entailed a lot more than just baby sitting. Maybe that's why Nick seems to be a little selfish. When there are a lot of kids in the house it can be a competition as to who gets the attention or who gets the last donut, especially if you are one of the older kids and the attention is focused on the younger children.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by notarose Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:01 pm

cindebugg wrote:
notarose wrote:
violetstoo wrote:
ThankMeLater wrote:My issue with Nick in this episode was how he was such a Debbie downer and thought he was too cool for the group date. Yes Nick I get the date was a foolish idea but if you compare this date to the singing or stripping date he was pretty lucky. You never saw any of the other guys such Marcus complain so I don't understand why he couldn't just go with the flow?[/quot

"The trouble with Nick, these group dates are for finding where people's comfort zone is, how well they interact with the other guys, and are they willing to try new things just for fun.  These are such a part of parenting, this would be a real red flag that someone would turn out to be a selfish,spoiled parent:(  no no 
Whereas Josh has shown just the opposite with Andi and the guys of how to be generous, have fun, but take the important things seriously, just my opinion.....  affraid laugh out loud

At the m&g in epi 1 Nick told Andi that he was from a family of 11 children and that he had had to take on a "father" role with some of his younger siblings.  It was the only time he looked uncomfortable during that conversation.  We don't know at this point in the show why that was necessary.  
Taking on a parent role at a young age would mean that you watch over others while they play. Playing basketball as in the first GD was a completely different kind of play.

My Grandma was the 3rd youngest of 15 children.  Over the years of hearing her stories about growing up it became clear to me that she was basically raised by her older sisters.  Her Mother being the only bread winner (her husband left the family) worked to put a roof over their heads and food on the table.  If my Grandma needed anything she went to her sisters.  Her sisters provided advice, homework help, discipline, meals and made sure she got to school.  It entailed a lot more than just baby sitting.  Maybe that's why Nick seems to be a little selfish.  When there are a lot of kids in the house it can be a competition as to who gets the attention or who gets the last donut, especially if you are one of the older kids and the attention is focused on the younger children.

But he was the one giving attention to the other kids (parenting role) , in other words he was making sure they shared the last donut ... not the other way around. I think the idea of "competing" for something for himself is foreign to him so he missteps.

from an empty moment something arrives
notarose
notarose

Back to top Go down

Post by sdmom Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:49 pm

violetstoo wrote:

I respect everyone's right to voice their opinions. However, I don't understand the bolded part. I mean, IF Josh/Brian/Chris failed the lie detector/not telling the truth in a group date, does that mean they are not truthful people, are untrustworthy? Of course not. All the guys are being put into some very unnatural and stressful situations, it's understandable they will appear "salty".

"Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree"~ Martin Luther
sdmom
sdmom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindebugg Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:33 pm

notarose wrote:
cindebugg wrote:
notarose wrote:
violetstoo wrote:

My Grandma was the 3rd youngest of 15 children.  Over the years of hearing her stories about growing up it became clear to me that she was basically raised by her older sisters.  Her Mother being the only bread winner (her husband left the family) worked to put a roof over their heads and food on the table.  If my Grandma needed anything she went to her sisters.  Her sisters provided advice, homework help, discipline, meals and made sure she got to school.  It entailed a lot more than just baby sitting.  Maybe that's why Nick seems to be a little selfish.  When there are a lot of kids in the house it can be a competition as to who gets the attention or who gets the last donut, especially if you are one of the older kids and the attention is focused on the younger children.

But he was the one giving attention to the other kids (parenting role) , in other words he was making sure they shared the last donut ... not the other way around. I think the idea of "competing" for something for himself is foreign to him so he missteps.

I see what you are saying but my point was that he maybe didn't get the attention that he needed growing up because it was focused more on the younger kids. There were probably times when he couldn't do what he wanted (go out with friends etc.) because he was responsible for his younger siblings. I don't think competition is foreign to him. I thought I read that he did track and field for a time.

Life's too short to dance with ugly men!
cindebugg
cindebugg

Female Posts : 1469
Back to top Go down

Post by Bet2Win Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:28 pm

Group dates are an important part of parenting? Who knew, maybe I should start group dating to help me get my kids through their teens.  bestbud! 
Bet2Win
Bet2Win

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:39 pm

Yes Nick was on the track and field team in college I believe he was team captain as well. I don't think competition is foreign to him either. However one thing that is foreign to all them is an environment where u are connecting with a girl but so is all the friends and people around u who u spend every waking moment with. I think Chris was smart in saying that it is hard to judge a person completely based on this show... Because this setting and situation is so far removed from real life IMO
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:34 pm

Isn't there a big age difference between Nick and his nearest chronological sibling? I think he probably got a lot of individual attention if anything for quite some time.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Hotmomma Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:55 pm

Kashathediva wrote:Isn't there a big age difference between Nick and his nearest chronological sibling? I think he probably got a lot of individual attention if anything for quite some time.
I think he said seven yrs?
Hotmomma
Hotmomma

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:59 pm

Hotmomma wrote:
Kashathediva wrote:Isn't there a big age difference between Nick and his nearest chronological sibling? I think he probably got a lot of individual attention if anything for quite some time.
I think he said seven yrs?

I thought 7 years was between him and his closest brother. I think he has sisters in between.
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by torybean Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:11 am

Finally finished watching entire Episode 5. My thoughts:

ANDI – I’m really enjoying her as lead and believe she’s doing a great job.  

JOSH – Loved his date with Andi.  They make a stunning couple!  I was hoping to hear much more depth in their EDITED conversations in this episode.  I’m still getting a “Next Bachelor” vibe from him.  

NICK – His edit took a turn with his “salty” group date and being slammed by the guys (obvious via producer prodding). Realize it’s not a popular opinion around here, but based on their interaction, I see Nick is her F1. Perhaps my opinion will change in upcoming episodes.

BRIAN – Adorable guy. Looks like he’s already in the friend zone with Andi.

MARCUS – Love that he stays out of the drama. That kiss was hot!

CHRIS – He looked so uncomfortable answering Andi’s questions. I just don't see anything other than a friend zone connection yet. Look forward to seeing him have time with Andi to see how he makes it to HTDs!

Excited about Episode 6!

torybean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 53 of 54 Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 5 - Jun 16/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion

+84
ag54
Mirzam
KareyR2
MVMom39forever
kfreebie
jlccaz
ironcat
Luvvy
e258
cindebugg
Mustang19