SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10: Edit-Storyline - *SPOILERS* - should we bother? Oooohhhh... why not? part 2

Page 56 of 56 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10: Edit-Storyline - *SPOILERS* - should we bother? Oooohhhh... why not? part 2 - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10: Edit-Storyline - *SPOILERS* - should we bother? Oooohhhh... why not? part 2

Post by jlccaz Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:35 pm

He definitely has "right reasons" doubt stitched into his season-long journey (Chris/Dylan/Brian view of him), but not in his Eve of Finale tease. Will Hy Approve is press release doubt, I agree, but pretty stupid for veteran show watchers, eh?

jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10: Edit-Storyline - *SPOILERS* - should we bother? Oooohhhh... why not? part 2 - Page 56 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10: Edit-Storyline - *SPOILERS* - should we bother? Oooohhhh... why not? part 2

Post by BachfanNY Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:44 pm

jlccaz wrote:He definitely has "right reasons" doubt stitched into his season-long journey (Chris/Dylan/Brian view of him), but not in his Eve of Finale tease.  Will Hy Approve is press release doubt, I agree, but pretty stupid for veteran show watchers, eh?

Interesting...this made me think of the press release where it says something along the lines of "will Andi's lingering doubts (about Josh) put in her in the arms of Nick..." something like that.

The wording creates expectation; we are supposed to expect resolution between Josh and Andi. Their conflict will climax and be resolved in this final episode. And if it isn't she will pick Nick (which makes Nick sound like a default pick).

Just how I read it...

BachfanNY
BachfanNY

Female Posts : 1726

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:43 pm

remockered wrote:We know they reshoot scenes over and over.  This is why it takes so long with the families at htd.  Many times they have scripted lines, think Jef and Emily.  Nick is constantly aware of the cameras, which is why he is nervous and always glancing to the side, which, at times, can make him look insincere.  I am sure they tell them to repeat kisses and important phrases so the camera can capture it.

Not only that, but why give TPTB so much? Nick could have easily told her that he loves her out in the water when they had no mics on. And she could have discussed the very private reasons for him having a hard time with break-ups. I guess Andi needs to be able to say, "Nick says he loves me" on camera, but I'm guessing that was her second ILY of the day. Since they had alone time it seems like Andi and Nick could have come up with something a little less personal to talk about on the beach to appease TPTB.

BachfanNY wrote:
jlccaz wrote:He definitely has "right reasons" doubt stitched into his season-long journey (Chris/Dylan/Brian view of him), but not in his Eve of Finale tease.  Will Hy Approve is press release doubt, I agree, but pretty stupid for veteran show watchers, eh?

Interesting...this made me think of the press release where it says something along the lines of "will Andi's lingering doubts (about Josh) put in her in the arms of Nick..." something like that.

The wording creates expectation; we are supposed to expect resolution between Josh and Andi. Their conflict will climax and be resolved in this final episode. And if it isn't she will pick Nick (which makes Nick sound like a default pick).

Just how I read it...

If on the off chance Nick is F1, I sure hope people won't start calling him a default choice like last season.  no no

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:58 pm

grace8136 wrote:
remockered wrote:We know they reshoot scenes over and over.  This is why it takes so long with the families at htd.  Many times they have scripted lines, think Jef and Emily.  Nick is constantly aware of the cameras, which is why he is nervous and always glancing to the side, which, at times, can make him look insincere.  I am sure they tell them to repeat kisses and important phrases so the camera can capture it.

Not only that, but why give TPTB so much? Nick could have easily told her that he loves her out in the water when they had no mics on. And she could have discussed the very private reasons for him having a hard time with break-ups. I guess Andi needs to be able to say, "Nick says he loves me" on camera, but I'm guessing that was her second ILY of the day. Since they had alone time it seems like Andi and Nick could have come up with something a little less personal to talk about on the beach to appease TPTB.

BachfanNY wrote:

Just how I read it...

If on the off chance Nick is F1, I sure hope people won't start calling him a default choice like last season.  no no

I agree. No matter which one is F1, I don't think either would be a default.

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:03 pm

SueSt wrote:
emad0722 wrote:
SueSt wrote:I rewatched Andi’s chat with CH right before the last RC… In the scene where she's discussing Nick saying ILY it plays as follows:

CH: So you get to dinner…

AD: And he’s like, I have something to tell you.  What is it.  He starts getting fidgety like he always does and he’s like I love you… just looks me straight in the eye and he says it.

And so I’m wondering if there’s something we did not see… because based on what was presented, Nick pulling Andi to the trees and hemming and hawing for a bit… this does not jive.  Do I have this right?  Thoughts?

that crossed my mind too... they didn't show his first kiss or his first I love you??? weird huh
weird or something, emad.   :yes: 

That's very weird. I'm having such a hard time with the edit vs the SCs (sofa match), plane video and SM stuff. If Nick is the F1, it makes sense to continue to leave good things out, leave awkward things in, to get the majority believing Josh is F1 for the shocker. If Josh is F1, why not show Nick in the best light to make it appear to be a close race? I saw a poll at F3 that only had 9% of people thinking Nick is the F1. With Chris gone, the poll is up to 20%.  scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:08 pm

grace8136 wrote:
SueSt wrote:
emad0722 wrote:

that crossed my mind too... they didn't show his first kiss or his first I love you??? weird huh
weird or something, emad.   :yes: 

That's very weird. I'm having such a hard time with the edit vs the SCs (sofa match), plane video and SM stuff. If Nick is the F1, it makes sense to continue to leave good things out, leave awkward things in, to get the majority believing Josh is F1 for the shocker. If Josh is F1, why not show Nick in the best light to make it appear to be a close race? I saw a poll at F3 that only had 9% of people thinking Nick is the F1. With Chris gone, the poll is up to 20%.  scratch

I think that the TPTB are pissed because Nick spoiled the season on the plane. They threw JPG under the bus when he didn't "give in to the process" and I can see the same pattern with Nick.  They tried to hide the Andi/Josh story as long as possible, but from Belgium they have decided to show their love story and more of awkward things with Nick. I think Nick gave them too much material to work with and I feel bad for him. He should have listened more to Jason and Molly´s podcasts. I'm sure his producers were feeding him lines like: "Andi is crazy about you. The others don't stand a chance". That´s why he was so confident, almost arrogant at times. I don't think he is a bad guy, just got too caught up in the bubble and I hate to see what people write about him on twitter. no no  JMHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:31 pm

BachfanNY wrote:

Just how I read it...

per the bold i remember that line in the press release. it very much put andi & josh's relationship outcome at the center and andi & nick's relationship outcome being in reaction to what happens with andi & josh. i would post the quote but have no idea where that press release is.

i wouldn't think nick were a default pick if he ended up F1. the above is just commentary on that press release.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:36 pm

gabriele wrote:
BachfanNY wrote:

Just how I read it...

per the bold i remember that line in the press release. it very much put andi & josh's relationship outcome at the center and andi & nick's relationship outcome being in reaction to what happens with andi & josh. i would post the quote but have no idea where that press release is.

i wouldn't think nick were a default pick if he ended up F1. the above is just commentary on that press release.

From the press release.
Later, things turn serious as questions arise about the possibility of spending a life together, and he gives her a heartfelt gift. Will Josh be the one to win Andi’s heart or will her lingering doubts push her into Nick’s arms?

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:40 pm

Lucas15 wrote:
Ash2214 wrote:I remember on Sean and Lindsay's first 1-on-1 towards the end of it Sean said something along the lines of - With Lindsay it's like I've got my best friend on one side and the love of my life on the other and I don't know if that can be beat. I also remember he wrote in one of his blogs that Lindsay was running away with his heart. I couldn't believe it, but look how that turned out. The leads need to act a certain way and say certain things. And this is not to say the leads don't care about their F2 because they obviously do. I'm more so just saying that the end of all of this, the real, outside of the bubble stuff counts the most.

CH once admitted that there is an "unwritten" understanding (i.e. something not in their contract but clearly articulated by the producers) of how a lead should "play along" with the production so as to have a "good" show. Most leads do play along, some don't (Juan Pablo's season comes to mind - and look how that turned out). Some of the leads that I've felt made an effort to work with the producers to make a good show were Ashley (even though she blogged during the season she didn't think she was very good because she didn't think she was a very good actress), Sean and Andi. Isn't it kind of ironic that Eric Hill called Andi out for being an actress (which she took great umbrage to) when in fact that's exactly what she was hired to do?

The more you watch this show the more you will see lines and phrases (in blogs and in ITMs) repeated season after season. "I could see myself marrying XXXXX" or "I could see my future with XXXXX" doesn't mean that they DO see that future; only that they COULD, but probably don't. It's all about creating the perception in the eyes of viewers that there is conflict and uncertainty and a distinct possibility that F3 or F2 could actually be F1 and that F1 could actually not be F1 at all. Most of that probably needs to be filtered out, especially if it's the sort of thing that gets repeated season after season which makes it easier to identify what words the show has put in the lead's mouth.

There is an ITM that is part of the finale preview (I think) that shows Andi wearing a colorful top. She looks like a deer in headlights, is monotone and definitely looks like she is reading from a cue card. It is an odd ITM. She is casting doubts about Nick in it. When I saw it, I thought that it was probably shot after the FRC to fill in the storyline. Never before have I actually seen a PI or ITM where it seems so staged or fake to me.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:44 pm

Sarah_XV wrote:
gabriele wrote:
BachfanNY wrote:

Just how I read it...

From the press release.
Later, things turn serious as questions arise about the possibility of spending a life together, and he gives her a heartfelt gift. Will Josh be the one to win Andi’s heart or will her lingering doubts push her into Nick’s arms?
i think that was it. thanks.  Smiley 

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:06 pm

BachfanNY wrote:

Just how I read it...

I read it like that too. Whoever wrote this should have had someone "proof" it. LOL I think you are right bachfan!! Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 56 of 56 Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10: Edit-Storyline - *SPOILERS* - should we bother? Oooohhhh... why not? part 2

+81
emeraldluvsbama
Iam4UGA
b
Luvstruck
BachfanNY
chloep
jlccaz
KK4
stuckinsc
nd4reality
Piper61