SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 42 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by emptysquares Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:06 am

It's definitely a ribbon. Here's a close up of it and another picture from the sweet shop. They're the same ribbon IMO.

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 42 Bach10

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 42 Thumb_600

emptysquares

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 42 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by emusha Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:02 pm

LOL yall i hear you -- I think i'm a bit late to this sleuthing party just trying to stay curious Smiley...I actually didn't mean "goofy" in the general sense but goofy like cheesy sentimental romantic mushy a bit dorky goofy esp if this is from a candy store...and esp if he hadn't even been able to tell her he was falling in love (and she teased him that he had "feelings" that day) before he had the ribbon

(I do actually agree with you that Josh doesn't take himself too seriously and is VERY funny.)

With them walking around town and exploring the tying of a yellow ribbon focused on their romance sounds a bit far fetched to me -- esp cos their focus was on taking in the city and what it had to offer -- if the ribbon had to do with the city it makes a lot more sense to me :yes: Josh isn't the kind like Marcus or Chris that is waxing poetic every moment about how he feels about her...she had to pull it OUT of him and he struggled to relay that he "has feelings" for her let alone her and him exchanging a yellow ribbon to demonstrate their affection...Josh is a great loving guy but he's also pretty tight lipped when it comes to verbal expressions of affection and love...making it somewhat difficult to imagine an exchanging of a cheesy sentimental ribbon about their feelings...also Andi doesn't have the ribbon -- he does. We know Andi is also QUITE tight lipped about sharing her own feelings as well! which makes imagining her giving him a candy store wrapping ribbon difficult

so here's what we know:

1. during their sandwich lunch and the visit to the church he doesn't have the yellow ribbon on his wrist.
2. the goose parade is when the yellow band on his wrist makes an appearance
3. josh says "that was literally phenomenal" as they walk to the goose parade...
4. they don't have any candy they bought from the store in their hands when walking towards the parade and it's pretty hard to finish a bunch of candy at one time and the immediacy of the "that was literally phenomenal" makes me think they'd just walked away from something ...the fact that they don't have candy in that moment is a clue that maybe it wasn't the candy store they had walked out of
5. Josh is very devout with his religion and quotes scripture - has a very strong catholic jesuit education while his parents are jews + catholics. it wouldn't be surprising if the visit to the church meant something to him and he'd describe that as "literally phenomenal" I would see him describing the church or another museum that way with awe and surprise and wonder vs. a candy shop with great sweets. to Note: Aaron has a cross tattoo for his catholic father and a star of david for his jewish mother.
6. Ghent has a very strong catholic presence as well as is home to the family of Jews who survived the holocaust who settled there from Antewerp (biggest city nearby) and other locations... this is quite significant for Josh and his heritage because one side of his family is jewish and the other side catholic - he's raised catholic jesuit.

I couldn't really find any specific details about yellow arm bands in a ghent church but the jews were ordered to wear yellow badges and armbands across europe during nazi rule. More importantly some history -- this is for Poland but Belgium was also central in Nazi rule and the Holocaust and this still applies:
The Jewish badge began its advent years later in 5700/1939; on November 16, the Jews in Lodz were ordered to wear a yellow armband
The [jewish] population is still concentrated in Brussels and Antwerp, but new smaller communities (such as Ghent, Knokke, Waterloo and Arlon) have developed since 1945

Antwerp is like the biggest city closest to Ghent and April (time of TBette trip) indicates an important moment in history of Jews in the area... the first offensive was done in that area:

In April 1941, without orders from the German authorities, Flemish collaborators pillaged two synagogues in Antwerp and burned the house of the chief rabbi of the town in the Antwerp Pogrom.

Anywayssss i've been rambling long enough...this is all to say that given aaron's star of david tattoo and the significance of religion and heritage to their family...my guess is the "literally phenomenal" exclamation from Josh is about something more significant than a candy store and logically it makes a lot more sense to me for Josh to say that and to wear a yellow wrist band to signify this historic trip for him... JMO from what i'm seeing...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:32 pm

But seriously what are you trying to say emusha? IMO, I think it was a romantic or goodwill gesture on both their parts of their relationship the symbol of what most people think of yellow ribbons comes from that very old song "Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree"... I think it was sweet and very romantic on both their parts, because I am sure that Andi gave it to him or knows that Josh is wearing that ribbon because it appeared on their date and someone had to tie it on his wrist...

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:42 pm

luvlady345 wrote:But seriously what are you trying to say emusha?  IMO, I think it was a romantic or goodwill gesture on both their parts of their relationship the symbol of what most people think of yellow ribbons comes from that very old song "Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree"... I think it was sweet and very romantic on both their parts, because I am sure that Andi gave it to him or knows that Josh is wearing that ribbon because it appeared on their date and someone had to tie it on his wrist...
I'm honestly not following either. As for Jews wearing yellow stars, that was not a great time (to put it mildly) and I have trouble believing anyone would wear a yellow band as an homage to that horrible time.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:43 pm

I'm just saying that the facts and logic aren't lining up for me for this ribbon to be a romantic gesture...if you follow the reasoning in my explanation above....a ribbon signifying a historic trip (heritage on his mom's side) for Josh makes more sense...esp with how important and central family/religion is to Josh's life...it also lines up with what GA mentioned upthread about the purple band being for his dad's thyroid cancer
I find it very difficult to imagine either Andi or Josh getting mushy about candy wrapping and using it to express their affections
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Scooby Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:53 pm

luvlady345 wrote:But seriously what are you trying to say emusha?  IMO, I think it was a romantic or goodwill gesture on both their parts of their relationship the symbol of what most people think of yellow ribbons comes from that very old song "Tie a yellow ribbon around the old oak tree"... I think it was sweet and very romantic on both their parts, because I am sure that Andi gave it to him or knows that Josh is wearing that ribbon because it appeared on their date and someone had to tie it on his wrist...

I'm having a bit of trouble with the characterization of that song as "old". It was a hit while I was in high school, so that would make me older than old.

question  giggling

Scooby

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:03 pm

emusha wrote:I'm just saying that the facts and logic aren't lining up for me for this ribbon to be a romantic gesture...if you follow the reasoning in my explanation above....a ribbon signifying a historic trip (heritage on his mom's side) for Josh makes more sense...esp with how important and central family/religion is to Josh's life...it also lines up with what GA mentioned upthread about the purple band being for his dad's thyroid cancer
I find it very difficult to imagine either Andi or Josh getting mushy about candy wrapping and using it to express their affections

As a European person, I must say that no Jewish person would wear anything to remind them of the yellow star.

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:04 pm

Scooby wrote:

I'm having a bit of trouble with the characterization of that song as "old". It was a hit while I was in high school, so that would make me older than old.

question  giggling

Me too. It was actually referred to as "very old".  :shocked!: 
 console laugh out loud

I enjoyed reading your post emusha, Thanks for the history on the yellow ribbon.

IMO I too think it was probably a symbol of their date because it was proven by the great sleuthers, he started to wear it later that day after the date.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71521

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:06 pm

sophienette wrote:
emusha wrote:I'm just saying that the facts and logic aren't lining up for me for this ribbon to be a romantic gesture...if you follow the reasoning in my explanation above....a ribbon signifying a historic trip (heritage on his mom's side) for Josh makes more sense...esp with how important and central family/religion is to Josh's life...it also lines up with what GA mentioned upthread about the purple band being for his dad's thyroid cancer

As a European person, I must say that no Jewish person would wear anything to remind them of the yellow star.

Agreed.

Back to top Go down

Post by luvlady345 Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:06 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Scooby wrote:

question  giggling

Me too. It was actually referred to as "very old".  :shocked!: 
 console laugh out loud

I enjoyed reading your post emusha, Thanks for the history on the yellow ribbon.

IMO I too think it was probably a symbol of their date because it was proven by the great sleuthers, he started to wear it later that day after the date.

Sorry about the "very old" part....

“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”

― Bernard M. Baruch
luvlady345
luvlady345

Female Posts : 1822

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:15 pm

I think too much significance is being "tied" to the yellow ribbon. They had a wonderful romantic date, got chocolates that had a ribbon on the wrapping (I don't think the color would have mattered, and I doubt they even thought about the significance of yellow, Jews and Belgium; I'm Jewish and I know I didn't), and Andi probably tied it around Josh's wrist as a token, ie, we'll always remember this date. Josh has chosen to continue to wear it, probably because he is still with Andi and it reminds him of her. And maybe Andi commented when she's seen him since that she's happy he still wears the ribbon. It's just sentimental.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:18 pm

well maybe it's taking it too far with the jews connection speculation - I don't know - maybe it has something to do with the catholic church instead or maybe not but it's not adding up for me that it's a sentimental gesture

I agree the great sleuthers did a fantastic job but there're things that aren't adding up for me

they don't have any candy they bought from the store in their hands when walking towards the parade and it's pretty hard to finish a bunch of candy at one time and the immediacy of the "that was literally phenomenal" makes me think they'd just walked away from something ...the fact that they don't have candy in that moment is a clue that maybe it wasn't the candy store they had walked out of (and! the yellow ribbon isn't present at lunch or at the church)

Andi and Josh were having a hard time expressing feelings to each other and neither of them seem to be the kind that's effusive and sentimental about their feelings -- regular candy wrapping from a store seems too sentimental and cheesy for them and a bit girly for Josh to wear can u imagine him back at the gym and his closest buddies back home asking him what the wristband was for?... it's just not fitting for me logically speaking - of all the last 6 guys  I have a hard time seeing any of the guys wearing candy wrapping around their wrist esp Josh and the other more manly guys...(maybe except for JJ and Chris but that's even stretching it).

Last edited by emusha on Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 42 of 80 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 61 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

+110
mag pie
emeraldluvsbama
StacyNor
whit90
LoveGodTheMost