SELECT CONTENT

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Page 62 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 62 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by FLChica Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:14 am

I do feel very sorry for Josh in all of this.  After months of wearing wigs and baseball caps to hook up with his Pookie while Mama Murray prepared the ultimate viewing party for friends and family, the whole world is treated to the news that his "baby" was naughty with Nick.  How emasculating that must be!  Folks may like to think of Josh as the dawg on top, but he wasn't the only puppy playing on Pookie's porch.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 62 Empty Re: Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by unknown82 Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:37 am

FLChica wrote:I do feel very sorry for Josh in all of this.  After months of wearing wigs and baseball caps to hook up with his Pookie while Mama Murray prepared the ultimate viewing party for friends and family, the whole world is treated to the news that his "baby" was naughty with Nick.  How emasculating that must be!  Folks may like to think of Josh as the dawg on top, but he wasn't the only puppy playing on Pookie's porch.

OMG you are killing me!!!! Classic!  spitcoffee 😆 rofl rofl lolpanda lolpanda sneakyl :bigsmile: :bigsmile: rotfl 
unknown82
unknown82

Back to top Go down

Post by isittrue Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:46 am

FLChica wrote:I do feel very sorry for Josh in all of this.  After months of wearing wigs and baseball caps to hook up with his Pookie while Mama Murray prepared the ultimate viewing party for friends and family, the whole world is treated to the news that his "baby" was naughty with Nick.  How emasculating that must be!  Folks may like to think of Josh as the dawg on top, but he wasn't the only puppy playing on Pookie's porch.

Too funny!  :giggle: 

isittrue

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:10 am

I strongly suspect that Andi has attempted to turn lemons into lemonade on this one, and has told Joshie that Nick was a real dud in the sack and that he is THE MAN.  Hugesmile rotfl 

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Luvvy wrote:Honestly I think Josh would have left it at I'm praying for him if EVERY. SINGLE. INTERVIEW. and question had not been about Nick...then in the HuffPost Interview he was forced to watch it (which he said he did not watch atfr because he was getting ready) so I will cut him some slack in that he's reacting to something he saw for the first time. Whereas I do feel like Nick was calculated in his outburst of calling Andi out. The difference between Josh and Nick is intent! jmo

Then I fault the interviewers but, still, Josh's comments HAVE ruined the moment for me.

I was ready for Nick, as the guy who did not get the girl, to be hurt or angry and accordingly make mistakes or put his foot in his mouth. That is the role he got assigned by circumstance, and it is what it is. Would we have preferred for him to rise above, as many F2s have? Of course. But we can expect the unexpected from the F2, and it rarely is pretty when we get it. We let the F2 vent, we cry with them (or yell at them for being fools or without class, whatever), and then we move on to the happier story.

The F1 is the love story. Josh ruins his own story by playing into the interviewer's hands, if that is what he has done. Since he claims Andi did tell him everything that happened, there should not have been any surprise there. His role in all this is supposed to be the male half of the happy couple who won't let anyone or anything ruin his happiness. His role is supposed to be the guy who can stay laser focused on his own relationship and forgive the F2. Doing so helps us invest in his story and get on his side, and can even sway fans of the F2 to hope the couple makes it.

He didn't do that and it makes it more difficult to enjoy his moment, that I've been waiting all season to enjoy. I know not everyone has to agree, and many are happy to blame Nick for it, but I think Josh blew it by not managing to either fully understand or fully play the role he has been assigned.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:34 pm

eirekay wrote:
sophfemme wrote:On the topic of intelligence I would just like to say that Josh graduated Magna Cum Laude from the University of Georgia Terry Business school with a management degree. The Terry business school is ranked in the top 50 both bachelor and master degrees in business. He has a job right now as a Financial Consultant for many athletes including his younger brother Aaron.

I'm a business student myself at a top 50 business school and I can tell you it's not as easy as you think it is. I went in thinking how hard could learning how to manage people and finances be? Turns out a lot harder than I thought it would be. I'm not saying that Josh is a genius or anything but he can more than hold his own in intelligence.

I was disappointed that TPTB showed Josh as such a one dimensional person throughout the season.  I do think there is more to him then athletics and his family.  

On the other hand, I was surprised at how much Josh embraced the "former Pro Baseball Player" tag that they saddled him with.  He played into it WAYYYY too much IMO and that really limited the man we got to "meet".

All of the above.

I am sure there is more to Josh's book intelligence than we were able to see (his people-intelligence has never been disputed), and it would have been good to know more about the current Josh, instead of so much about the 5-years-past Josh.  But it doesn't change the fact that we didn't get to see much interesting conversation from him at all, and for me it got irritating.  I saw more of the "brash, loud guy" Andi's parents described, than the one they no doubt really got to know by the end of their time with him.  I guess I saw enough to understand what makes Andi and Josh as a couple tick (he lightens her, and gets her out of her head), but I would have liked to see more.  I rooted for them all season (even if I personally liked Nick), but haven't related to them much since their first kiss (ADORED that).

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:55 pm

cindebugg wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:A comment I can't make in the Josh fan thread:  I think he is being way too hard on Nick.  I know Nick was not the perfect gentleman last night, but the guy is hurting, and we all make mistakes when hurting.  Josh, however, is not hurting, and there is no reason for him to not only express displeasure at what Nick said, but to disparage Nick's character in some of the after-show interviews he has done (going into how no one liked him, how they won't associate with "people like that," and so on.  Defend Andi by acknowledging Nick went one comment too far; that is fine.  But the rest?  Not necessary and NOT classy).  Those quotes have really pissed me off at a time I wanted to celebrate with Josh and Andi.

You really think that Josh hasn't been hurt by Nick's words and antics?  Nick said some pretty classless things about Josh during filming and after. Nick has tried more than once to get in contact with Josh's fiancée. When that didn't work he sent her a long winded letter.  He favorited a tweet that said, I want to rape Josh and punch Andi in the face.  Nick didn't seem to have a problem disparaging Josh's character in the plane video.  There was nothing necessary or classy about anything Nick has done in the last 5 months,ATFR included.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of people never get the closure they want or need from broken relationships.   30 years ago I was engaged to a man that I had known all my life as we had both grown up going to the same church camp every summer.  One day he walked into my house, asked for the engagement ring back and walked out without saying another word.   Needless to say I was devastated.  I cried my tears, sucked it up and put the pieces of my life back together and moved on.  There wasn't one thought of gathering a crowd and telling tales out of school about the guy. 
Fast forward 25 years and I'm at the same church camp and I see him walking across the grounds right toward me. My heart was in my throat since I had not spoken to him in 25 years.   He says to me, Do you want to know why I broke off our engagement?  I said, sure.  He replied, I didn't care for the book you were reading and I thought it was unbecoming for a Christian woman.  I replied, Thank you for telling me, It confirms that you were actually a bigger idiot than I first suspected.

The moral of my long story is that sometimes you have to make it right with yourself by yourself.  You can't force people to tell you what you need to hear to move on.
Regarding the bolded, it seems to me that you got your closure.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:25 am

Luvvy wrote:Honestly I think Josh would have left it at I'm praying for him if EVERY. SINGLE. INTERVIEW. and question had not been about Nick...then in the HuffPost Interview he was forced to watch it (which he said he did not watch atfr because he was getting ready) so I will cut him some slack in that he's reacting to something he saw for the first time. Whereas I do feel like Nick was calculated in his outburst of calling Andi out. The difference between Josh and Nick is intent! jmo

Isn't their story that she had already told Josh and he knew? The story is Nick because of TPTB not Nick. Has anyone considered that TPTB spent the last two months playing mind games with Nick? He was basically their pawn because someone taped his private conversation. Nick and Josh both said not so nice things about each other during the season and on the video, I would like for Josh to keep his Christian attitude that the tweets about in tact. The hard part of being a Christian is not professing your faith when it is easy, it is showing the grace of forgiveness when it is not.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:33 am

Christian values!!!!! Nick has to be held to THE SAME standard .. Seeing as he is a Christian and all....... Come on!!!
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:46 am

Josh and Nick are two imperfect humans handling an imperfect situation, whether they are Christian or not. The differences that I see between Josh and Nick in the handling of this situation, is that Josh is reacting to the situation based upon pride and Nick is reacting to the situation based upon genuine hurt and pain.

clueless

Female Posts : 294

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:54 am

I would say that they are BOTH pretty hurt at this point
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:58 am

Every post that I have seen where Christian values is mentioned .. It is intended towards Josh ONLY .. What I don't see is any mention relating towards Nick .. Who cast the first stone IMHO .. It is a two way street when it comes to citing the need for Christian values .. And putting the blame on one and not the other .. For any reason or excuse .. Is unfair
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 62 of 80 Previous  1 ... 32 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 71 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

+110
mag pie
emeraldluvsbama
StacyNor
whit90
LoveGodTheMost