SELECT CONTENT

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Page 16 of 54 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 35 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 16 Empty Re: Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by dw_a_mom Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:34 pm

I agree that they each seem to make the other a better person.

There are a few things about Doug, we know now, that would have been deal breakers for me (the debts, for one; I am very conservative with money), so I don't think there is a clear "better" person in the couple; they simply are very good for each other, and I think they have a brighter future together than either had before.  That is what makes me so very happy watching them and for them:  not just that they do seem to be falling in love, but also that they really seem to be stronger together than apart.  I know, I know, its all just edited TV (thankfully far less edited than TB!), but that factor seems so very real.  Love and relationships at their best add something new, and I think we've gotten to see that. Everything about these two seems so very real, and there was so much for audience members to individually relate to.

Sooo excited for them!!!

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 16 Empty Re: Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by marriedtoabaritone Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:58 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I agree that they each seem to make the other a better person.

There are a few things about Doug, we know now, that would have been deal breakers for me (the debts, for one; I am very conservative with money), so I don't think there is a clear "better" person in the couple; they simply are very good for each other, and I think they have a brighter future together than either had before.  That is what makes me so very happy watching them and for them:  not just that they do seem to be falling in love, but also that they really seem to be stronger together than apart.  I know, I know, its all just edited TV (thankfully far less edited than TB!), but that factor seems so very real.  Love and relationships at their best add something new, and I think we've gotten to see that.  Everything about these two seems so very real, and there was so much for audience members to individually relate to.  

Sooo excited for them!!!

This is an excellent point. Couples in this generation are meeting/committing so much later than the generation before us (my parents were married by age 21!)--and that means that each person in the relationship is going to be bringing something from the past along with them, whether that is a child, debt, unpleasant habits, etc. My sweet husband had debt when we met--it's taken us 8 years, but he's now debt-free. If I had "run" from something less than perfect, I would have missed out on a great relationship with my best friend, who happens to be an amazing dad. I'm so happy for these two!

happily married to a barbershopper, mom of two adorable miracle girls PINKHEART
marriedtoabaritone
marriedtoabaritone

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:54 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:I agree that they each seem to make the other a better person.

There are a few things about Doug, we know now, that would have been deal breakers for me (the debts, for one; I am very conservative with money), so I don't think there is a clear "better" person in the couple; they simply are very good for each other, and I think they have a brighter future together than either had before.  That is what makes me so very happy watching them and for them:  not just that they do seem to be falling in love, but also that they really seem to be stronger together than apart.  I know, I know, its all just edited TV (thankfully far less edited than TB!), but that factor seems so very real.  Love and relationships at their best add something new, and I think we've gotten to see that.  Everything about these two seems so very real, and there was so much for audience members to individually relate to.  

Sooo excited for them!!!

Actually, I think they are so similar in many ways. Looking forward to seeing the reunion!
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:40 pm

albean99 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
albean99 wrote:IA that Doug got better looking as we got to know his personality but I like Jamie and think she's very pretty. I had a bit of a disfunctional childhood although nowhere near as bad as hers but have a bit of sympathy with her not trusting easily. I'm sure it's hard when you've had bad experiences in the past. I like Doug a lot but he's not perfect either. I like that together they make each other better.

See I grew up with a lot of similar experiences as Jamie as did many people I know, so for me it actually makes me less patient with her.  She needs counseling just like the people who were the addicts.  There is Al-Anon and such for helping those effected by this type of childhood.

I don't think Jamie is ugly, just not that amazing looking compared to Doug.  She is merely pretty, not so beautiful that her looks make her the most amazing catch.  I am sure her heart helps with that, and that Doug saw this throughout the process.

I just can't go there in saying that someone needs counselling or should be over their experiences. We only know our own experiences and everyone reacts differently.  

I'm not one who thinks beautiful people are amazing catches anyway unless they're the same inside. Doug is the one who thinks Jamie is beautiful so really doesn't matter about the rest of us. To me it was more interesting that Jamie went from not being attracted to Doug at all to falling in love with him. I think it's easy to say Doug is such a great guy and he seems to be but smoking would be a deal breaker for me. He quit smoking to do the show but will it stick? He also was living at home at 31 which isn't unheard of these days and he says he bought a house that went down in value. I wish they'd talked more about that because it appears that Jamie is more successful in her career than he is but it was more about showing her flaws in how she reacted to his. I like both of them and think they each have some issues but appear to be working through them.

I was simply responding, I don't give Jamie or anyone else on reality tv leeway for having grown up in a bad situation. If it is something that we have to give them leeway for then I think they should seek counseling instead of going on reality tv to deal with their issues. Or go on a counseling show. I felt this way with AshLee on Sean's season of the bachelor. As a healthcare professional I would expect Jamie to know of the resources available to help those who are loved ones of addicts. I am not saying she needs counseling, simply that I don't give her anymore excuse than anyone else because of it.

It sounds like she and Doug are happy and I believe I said that she probably has a beautiful heart too. I think nurses in general have very warm caring hearts, they tend to do much more patient care then doctors.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:31 am

So funny how people think Jamie and Doug are moving into his parents house! LOL

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:47 pm

I have not heard that, that Jamie & Doug are moving in with his parents! I was just not breathing right when Jamie was giving her verdict. Jason too. They would have been throwing something away that has so much promise.
DanaShelbyChancey
DanaShelbyChancey

Female Posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by atem Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:01 pm

DanaShelbyChancey wrote:I have not heard that, that Jamie & Doug are moving in with his parents! I was just not breathing right when Jamie was giving her verdict. Jason too. They would have been throwing something away that has so much promise.

His brother is getting married and that's why they are at his parents' house. Jamie made a joking tweet and people took it serious.
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:33 pm

Jamie N. OtisVerified account
‏@jamienotis
Congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs. Matthew Hehner!

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 16 BxdAXZjIQAEuntV

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomigirl Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:51 pm

There is a pic that Jamie put up of her and Doug with a caption saying something like "Look how handsome my husband is in his tux". They look amazing (and in love) :Woah-hoo: I guess we know how the reunion will go Hugesmile
Thomigirl
Thomigirl

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:54 pm

Thomigirl wrote:There is a pic that Jamie put up of her and Doug with a caption saying something like "Look how handsome my husband is in his tux". They look amazing (and in love) :Woah-hoo: I guess we know how the reunion will go Hugesmile

They look great!!!

jamienotis
18 minutes ago
My hubs looks so handsome in his tux!  #marriedatfirstsight #Hehnerwedding @doughehner
Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 16 10597444_293147260871089_623885032_n

Last edited by GuardianAngel on Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71460

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Sun Sep 14, 2014 1:57 pm

My how their body language has changed since their wedding. Cute.  lovetogether

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 pm

Doug sure looks better in that tux than in his own wedding attire. giggling They are super cute!
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 54 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 35 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

+81
alwayscooking
Minney
gurlbrit
losinmemind
Idlemess