SELECT CONTENT

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Page 15 of 54 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 15 Empty Re: Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by just2relax Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:42 pm

They both look gorgeous in that picture...that's a good looking couple right there. Happiness!

just2relax

Back to top Go down

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 15 Empty Re: Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

Post by Pia1 Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:44 pm

Lady sure loves Doug a lot! Love the pics!

And one day I turned around and looked back and saw that each step I’d taken was a choice, to go left, to go right, to go forward or even to not go at all. Every day every man has a choice between right and wrong, between love and hate, and sometimes between life and death and the sum of those choices becomes your life-Jamie Fraser
Pia1
Pia1

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:18 pm

I am glad they worked out. This is a great example of someone becoming more attractive when you get to know the person on the inside. I hope they have a long and happy life together.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:58 pm

ElonM wrote:Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 15 Married1

http://nypost.com/2014/09/10/which-married-at-first-sight-couples-found-wedded-bliss/

Love this photo, and think that T is a great look for Doug.

So very happy for them, and hope that their relationship continues to grow. Maybe this format is what Jamie needed in order to be able to stay with the right kind of guy for her, and clearly his temperament IS the right kind for her. Interesting how she said without the marriage and the experts she would have fled. I am glad she choose to stay.

Doug isn't the most classically handsome guy in the world, but he is very loveable. And his body does rock.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:39 pm

dw_a_mom wrote:
ElonM wrote:Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 15 Married1

http://nypost.com/2014/09/10/which-married-at-first-sight-couples-found-wedded-bliss/

So very happy for them, and hope that their relationship continues to grow.  Maybe this format is what Jamie needed in order to be able to stay with the right kind of guy for her, and clearly his temperament IS the right kind for her.  Interesting how she said without the marriage and the experts she would have fled.  I am glad she choose to stay.

Doug isn't the most classically handsome guy in the world, but he is very loveable.  And his body does rock.

Doug may not be classically handsome, but he seems very kind. And I may be the only one, but I think Jamie is pretty not beautiful. For the average girl we see come out of the bachelor world she really is all that different or special physically than any of the others. I think that Courtney on MAFS is prettier than Jamie.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by theKeptGrits Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:39 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
dw_a_mom wrote:

So very happy for them, and hope that their relationship continues to grow.  Maybe this format is what Jamie needed in order to be able to stay with the right kind of guy for her, and clearly his temperament IS the right kind for her.  Interesting how she said without the marriage and the experts she would have fled.  I am glad she choose to stay.

Doug isn't the most classically handsome guy in the world, but he is very loveable.  And his body does rock.

Doug may not be classically handsome, but he seems very kind.  And I may be the only one, but I think Jamie is pretty not beautiful.  For the average girl we see come out of the bachelor world she really is all that different or special physically than any of the others.  I think that Courtney on MAFS is prettier than Jamie.  

Doug got better looking as time progressed because we saw his kindness, patience and good heart. For me personally, Jamie lost her "pretty" because pretty is as pretty does and I became skeptical. Cortney went from very pretty, to became world class beautiful IMO. Jason got better looking as well.

:soapbox Follow your heart, use your head, listen to your soul, keep dreaming :detective
theKeptGrits
theKeptGrits

Female Posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:12 am

IA that Doug got better looking as we got to know his personality but I like Jamie and think she's very pretty. I had a bit of a disfunctional childhood although nowhere near as bad as hers but have a bit of sympathy with her not trusting easily. I'm sure it's hard when you've had bad experiences in the past. I like Doug a lot but he's not perfect either. I like that together they make each other better.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:45 am

albean99 wrote:IA that Doug got better looking as we got to know his personality but I like Jamie and think she's very pretty. I had a bit of a disfunctional childhood although nowhere near as bad as hers but have a bit of sympathy with her not trusting easily. I'm sure it's hard when you've had bad experiences in the past. I like Doug a lot but he's not perfect either. I like that together they make each other better.

See I grew up with a lot of similar experiences as Jamie as did many people I know, so for me it actually makes me less patient with her. She needs counseling just like the people who were the addicts. There is Al-Anon and such for helping those effected by this type of childhood.

I don't think Jamie is ugly, just not that amazing looking compared to Doug. She is merely pretty, not so beautiful that her looks make her the most amazing catch. I am sure her heart helps with that, and that Doug saw this throughout the process.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:18 am

stuckinsc wrote:
albean99 wrote:IA that Doug got better looking as we got to know his personality but I like Jamie and think she's very pretty. I had a bit of a disfunctional childhood although nowhere near as bad as hers but have a bit of sympathy with her not trusting easily. I'm sure it's hard when you've had bad experiences in the past. I like Doug a lot but he's not perfect either. I like that together they make each other better.

See I grew up with a lot of similar experiences as Jamie as did many people I know, so for me it actually makes me less patient with her.  She needs counseling just like the people who were the addicts.  There is Al-Anon and such for helping those effected by this type of childhood.

I don't think Jamie is ugly, just not that amazing looking compared to Doug.  She is merely pretty, not so beautiful that her looks make her the most amazing catch.  I am sure her heart helps with that, and that Doug saw this throughout the process.

I just can't go there in saying that someone needs counselling or should be over their experiences. We only know our own experiences and everyone reacts differently.  

I'm not one who thinks beautiful people are amazing catches anyway unless they're the same inside. Doug is the one who thinks Jamie is beautiful so really doesn't matter about the rest of us. To me it was more interesting that Jamie went from not being attracted to Doug at all to falling in love with him. I think it's easy to say Doug is such a great guy and he seems to be but smoking would be a deal breaker for me. He quit smoking to do the show but will it stick? He also was living at home at 31 which isn't unheard of these days and he says he bought a house that went down in value. I wish they'd talked more about that because it appears that Jamie is more successful in her career than he is but it was more about showing her flaws in how she reacted to his. I like both of them and think they each have some issues but appear to be working through them.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:34 pm

albean99 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

See I grew up with a lot of similar experiences as Jamie as did many people I know, so for me it actually makes me less patient with her.  She needs counseling just like the people who were the addicts.  There is Al-Anon and such for helping those effected by this type of childhood.

I don't think Jamie is ugly, just not that amazing looking compared to Doug.  She is merely pretty, not so beautiful that her looks make her the most amazing catch.  I am sure her heart helps with that, and that Doug saw this throughout the process.

I just can't go there in saying that someone needs counselling or should be over their experiences. We only know our own experiences and everyone reacts differently.  

I'm not one who thinks beautiful people are amazing catches anyway unless they're the same inside. Doug is the one who thinks Jamie is beautiful so really doesn't matter about the rest of us. To me it was more interesting that Jamie went from not being attracted to Doug at all to falling in love with him. I think it's easy to say Doug is such a great guy and he seems to be but smoking would be a deal breaker for me. He quit smoking to do the show but will it stick? He also was living at home at 31 which isn't unheard of these days and he says he bought a house that went down in value. I wish they'd talked more about that because it appears that Jamie is more successful in her career than he is but it was more about showing her flaws in how she reacted to his. I like both of them and think they each have some issues but appear to be working through them.

ITA, albean. I didn't like the way the editing seemed to focus only on Jamie's "issues" and faux pas, and swept Doug's under the rug. It ended up with fans villainizing her and blaming her for anything that went wrong, while putting him on a pedestal as if he were perfect. I also think that the smoking issue would be a deal breaker for a lot of people (not even getting into the lying issue), that was totally overlooked as a legitimate reason for Jamie to be disappointed and turned off by Doug. All you need to do is go on dating websites to see how many people specify that they are looking for a non-smoker; smoking is a habit that affects not only the smoker's life but the partner's as well, so they definitely deserve a say. And I suspect if the situation were reversed, and Jamie had been the "secret smoker", there would have been overwhelming outrage directed at her for hiding her "nasty habit" from perfect Doug and fans feeling he'd be completely justified in dumping her.

Now that my rant is over, I'd like to add that I am very happy they worked through it and think they make a great couple. I completely agree with Mrs. Hehner that BOTH are very lucky in this deal, not just Jamie. :yes:

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Im so glad they are still together, as obvious by Jamie's SMs. I think their relation is perfect as a great success story reflecting the premise of this show. Unike Monet and Vaughn and Jason+ Cortney, Jamie and Doug is a slow-burning couple. I love that through hurdles and downs they eventually realized that they have so much in common and that they could be great together than apart. awwww

MAFS personally prove me that Bachelor show really give the cast one (or two, the max) dimension edit (cough2 Jamie with her horrible kissing lesson while straddling Ben that i could hardly erased off my mind to this date affraid ). I also found, --at least given that this is the first season-- the SM activities of the cast reflect much the outcome. I hope the trend continues,since the 'surprise' is not the main element of the pleasure watching the show, IMO. I enjoy the 'process' between the cast and 'therapy sessions' with the experts the most. Im ecstatic that the there will be the second season!..:yes:

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:16 pm

Haha! mura, this show had nearly eradicated that awful Jamie/Ben moment from my mind. Thanks to you it's back! :angryemotion But I love you anyway! bestbud!

My best guess is that MAFS producers will clamp down a little tighter on the SM pic posting beyond the show's activities. If not for those, I'd have bought into doubt the edit tried to create a lot more. However, I agree that doubt isn't what makes this show interesting -- it's the "journey." wine

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion  - Page 15 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 54 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 34 ... 54  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Doug Hehner & Jamie Hehner - MAFS - Season 1 - Discussion

+81
alwayscooking
Minney
gurlbrit
losinmemind
Idlemess