SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2

Post by philphan Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:22 pm

SueSt wrote:
philphan wrote:
melanie1 wrote:Didn't Brian and Nick butt heads toward the end?

Yes. Brian didn't like Nick at all during filming but it seems they are good buddies now that the show is over.

It seems the same is true for Chris and Nick...

Good to see that these guys moved on from the "Bachelor Bubble of Drama"

Don't sweat the small stuff....Strive to live by the Golden Rule
philphan
philphan

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2 - Page 16 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2

Post by happygolucky Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:35 pm

MHO ... Nick was selfish. Period. But he wasn't arrogant, he wasn't laughing and acting all smug in front of them. He was confident that his connection with Andi is the strongest ... and when he talked with that conviction ... he rubbed those guys who were insecure about their own position. Josh wasn't bothered, because he was confident too.
Then another reasoning goes for the whole strategy theory. I believe Nick being Nick, he is very analytical, logical, he looks every possibility from every angle, weights all options and possible outcomes, it's in his nature, his character, he feels he needs to be prepared at his best, to know where he stands and where it's headed. So, being open-honest and genuinely friendly, he was talking to the guys, how this show works, because he analyzed it before coming, what patterns he caught, he probably was making calculations of who will go on which date, if this or that guy were on the dates before, ... which made everyone uncomfortable and the guys understood that as a strategic game of how to get to the end, meaning he is not sincere and not there for the right reason, which elevated the tension ... and those words flew ... but at the end, it's not like he was such a bad person to them personally, if we exclude the race for the girl, so they continue having the relationship (so called friendship) even after the show.
Beside, Nick acknowledged it in his PI and ITM, that he understand the guys, that he knows how tough it must be for them and that he wouldn't want to be in their position, but in that moment and place, he didn't want to care. He said it openly to them too.
To that particular statement, Brian took offense, because Brian thought, that Nick should care about other guys' feelings.
And if this would be a normal situation between friends at work, at school, ... i would agree, but it was a damn game for a girl. If we want to acknowledge it or not. They weren't there on the vacation to be friends.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:38 pm

philphan wrote:
SueSt wrote:
philphan wrote:

Yes. Brian didn't like Nick at all during filming but it seems they are good buddies now that the show is over.

Yes, it is good to see. Marcus has definitely moved on and I bet he will be at the ATFR to root on his man Josh and to promote BIP. Smiley
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:51 pm

happygolucky wrote:MHO ... Nick was selfish. Period. But he wasn't arrogant, he wasn't laughing and acting all smug in front of them. He was confident that his connection with Andi is the strongest ... and when he talked with that conviction ... he rubbed those guys who were insecure about their own position. Josh wasn't bothered, because he was confident too.
Then another reasoning goes for the whole strategy theory. I believe Nick being Nick, he is very analytical, logical, he looks every possibility from every angle, weights all options and possible outcomes, it's in his nature, his character, he feels he needs to be prepared at his best, to know where he stands and where it's headed. So, being open-honest and genuinely friendly, he was talking to the guys, how this show works, because he analyzed it before coming, what patterns he caught, he probably was making calculations of who will go on which date, if this or that guy were on the dates before, ... which made everyone uncomfortable and the guys understood that as a strategic game of how to get to the end, meaning he is not sincere and not there for the right reason, which elevated the tension ... and those words flew ... but at the end, it's not like he was such a bad person to them personally, if we exclude the race for the girl, so they continue having the relationship (so called friendship) even after the show.
Beside, Nick acknowledged it in his PI and ITM, that he understand the guys, that he knows how tough it must be for them and that he wouldn't want to be in their position, but in that moment and place, he didn't want to care. He said it openly to them too.
To that particular statement, Brian took offense, because Brian thought, that Nick should care about other guys' feelings.
And if this would be a normal situation between friends at work, at school, ... i would agree, but it was a damn game for a girl. If we want to acknowledge it or not. They weren't there on the vacation to be friends.
Excellent post.  clapping! clapping! clapping! 
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by BachfanNY Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:01 pm

IMO, I'm a little skeptical of Brian, Chris and Nick being friends now. It just makes me think Nick is F2 and they can forgive Nick's lack of tact during filming because he didn't get the girl in the end.
BachfanNY
BachfanNY

Female Posts : 1726

Back to top Go down

Post by 2observe Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:24 pm

BachfanNY wrote:IMO, I'm a little skeptical of Brian, Chris and Nick being friends now. It just makes me think Nick is F2 and they can forgive Nick's lack of tact during filming because he didn't get the girl in the end.
I think that since both Chris and Marquel(sp?) are contenders for Lead Bachelor they would want to hang out with F1.
2observe
2observe

Female Posts : 3306

Back to top Go down

Post by Mirzam Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:33 pm

2observe wrote:
BachfanNY wrote:IMO, I'm a little skeptical of Brian, Chris and Nick being friends now. It just makes me think Nick is F2 and they can forgive Nick's lack of tact during filming because he didn't get the girl in the end.
I think that since both Chris and Marquel(sp?) are contenders for Lead Bachelor they would want to hang out with F1.

The contenders for the next lead are Chris and Arie. (According to RS and the link in my siggy).
Mirzam
Mirzam

Female Posts : 3061

Back to top Go down

Post by FLChica Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:05 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
philphan wrote:
SueSt wrote:

Yes, it is good to see.  Marcus has definitely moved on and I bet he will be at the ATFR to root on his man Josh and to promote BIP.  Smiley
Marcus moved on immediately to another Mike Fleiss produced reality tv dating show, gaining valuable screen time and another paycheck.  Nothing wrong with that - he's smokin' hot and should seize the opportunity.  He would do well to develop relationships with those that have access to athletes as it will benefit his real-world business. He's smart and won't bite the hand that's feeding him.
FLChica
FLChica

Female Posts : 1336

Back to top Go down

Post by ironcat Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:16 pm

2observe wrote:
happygolucky wrote:MHO ... Nick was selfish. Period. But he wasn't arrogant, he wasn't laughing and acting all smug in front of them. He was confident that his connection with Andi is the strongest ... and when he talked with that conviction ... he rubbed those guys who were insecure about their own position. Josh wasn't bothered, because he was confident too.

Excellent post.  clapping! clapping! clapping! 

Regarding the bolded, yes it was a game for a girl and not the way things work in the real world. And who knows how much any of them were prodded by producers to get good (ie, controversial) soundbites. But even though Nick was clearly aware that guys like Brian and Dylan (and maybe Chris) most probably didn't have much of a chance with Andi, he could have kept that info to himself, or said it in a more gracious and tactful way. To me, that's the sign of a true gentleman. JMO, but if it had been Chris who was Andi's "favorite", I doubt he would have made the same kind of remarks about, or to, the other guys, including Nick.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:26 pm

BachfanNY wrote:Personally, I think those guys are just sour  :sourgrapes: 

It just wasn't there with Andi, get over it!

This is how I saw her too.  So it doesn't surprise me at all.  Different strokes for different folks.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:50 pm

eirekay wrote:
sdmom wrote:JIMO: it's OK if people in fan threads claim Josh is 100% the winner or she definitely picked Nick. But, I would appreciate people will add IMO in other threads so I will know if it's a fact or just speculations. I am not a mod so if what I say is against the rules, please delete or correct me. I think it's absolutely fine to express our opinions, but we also have to be prepared not everyone will agree and our opinions will be challenged.
One thing ITA with you: Monday can't be here fast enough! I need my life and sanity back!!

ITA - I expect to see those kinds of declarations in the FAN threads and even in the Contestant threads, but in the general threads, it would be nice if stances were softened a bit with IMO.

I agree!  Let's try to be a little less factual in the non-fan threads.  Until July 28th we don't know who Andi chose or if she even chose.  While she probably did and it is probably as spoiled until it is shown on my tv or I see a dated picture of the final couple after May 8th it isn't fact yet.  Fact and supposiition are two very different things.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:36 pm

We have tried many times to remind people, to use IMO often. I question posts all the time, because I don't know if they know for a fact or are just speculating,l or where a tweet or pic came from. It's very confusing, plus, I don't want guests reading a post assuming something is fact. Next thing you know BBF reported......  :shocked!: 

Thanks for the reminder sdmom.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - Men Tell All - July 21/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion 2

+57
california90
ironcat
pavalygurl
moflan
Piper61
2observe
whit90
Di_ATL
Jeepers
cindebugg
USAGold