SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arie or ChrisS for Bachelor

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 19 Vote_lcap61%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 19 Vote_rcap 61% 
[ 90 ]
Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 19 Vote_lcap39%Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 19 Vote_rcap 39% 
[ 57 ]

Total Votes : 147

Poll closed

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 19 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by Kashathediva Fri Aug 15, 2014 11:57 pm

I chose not to watch this season for various reasons. It was the first season I did not watch.
From what I understand from the start JPG made some unconventional and unpopular public comments. These comments were not taken well by many and set him in a poor light. (I am not going to comment or offer my opinion)
I believe JPG also did not come across well to the viewers and the cast with some of his attitudes.
I think he was not willing to play ball with TPTB. TPTB ran threw him under the bus--and in turn JPG was not easy to work with.
Lots of factors contributed to people labeling the season a "disaster".
Like I said--I didn't watch. But in my own mind he is still with the girl, so ---it's no less a success than other seasons where the couple had made it this far.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris  - Page 19 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

Post by Bhaka Sat Aug 16, 2014 1:10 am

stuckinsc wrote:I really liked JPG, enjoyed him being true to himself and I adore Nikki.  They are still together and building a relationship without TPTB giving them tons of props.  He didn't play by their rules, but he was real.  Nikki and Sharleen are two of my favorite contestants ever and heck I am even enjoying Clare on BiP now.  Not a disaster to me.
I agree. I liked JPG too, especially with Nikki. But, obviously, TPTB didn't/don't like him and they want to be sure they don't have a repeat of his season. However, I don't think they have to worry about that with either Chris or Arie.
Bhaka
Bhaka

Back to top Go down

Post by BuckeyeGal06 Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:54 am

stuckinsc wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:
BuckeyeGal06 wrote:Had Juan Pablo's season not been such a disaster, I feel that TPTB would've gone with Arie. I do get that Chris is the safe choice, however that doesn't necessarily mean that whomever he picks will stay with him.

For Chris's sake, I hope they do get a couple women in the mix who actually have no problem with his lifestyle. Whether Chris picks any of them though... A girl like any of the Bachelorette leads (maybe minus Trista) would not drop everything and move to Iowa to be a stay-at-home wife. So, while I feel that Chris is definitely there for the right reasons, there's no guarantee that he won't have a bad picker (in Patti Stanger's words) and pick the bombshell over the girl who actually wants his lifestyle.

I've watched this franchise for years, and some seasons are kind of a blur. I watched JPG's season, but didn't post on the board about it.
Can somebody refresh my memory and briefly tell me why it was such a "disaster" (a word frequently used to describe his season).  Was it the ratings?  Was it the Andi/Clare confrontation?  Was it JPG's refusal to divulge info at ATFR?  To me, all of those things made JPG's season unique and occasionally unpleasant to watch, but, in my mind I don't recall it as a "disaster". JPG certainly burned some of his own bridges, but he is still dating Nikki, right?  It's been how long since his season stopped filming?  In this show, kind of sounds like a success story to me. But TPTB will never throw JPG a bone or give him so much as a nod of approval, because he struck back at them during the ATFR by shutting down and refusing to play their game any more.  TPTB turned on JPG in order to make Andi into a Bach'ette that people (especially women) wanted to root for as a lead. But, disaster? Have I just blocked it all out of my mind?  Or have I grown to not care less anymore?

I really liked JPG, enjoyed him being true to himself and I adore Nikki.  They are still together and building a relationship without TPTB giving them tons of props.  He didn't play by their rules, but he was real.  Nikki and Sharleen are two of my favorite contestants ever and heck I am even enjoying Clare on BiP now.  Not a disaster to me.

Sorry, I should have clarified...not a disaster as far as JuanPa and Nikki still being together, but as a total season, definitely not one of the best in the eyes of TPTB. General consensus from people I've talked to who aren't privy to spoilers or this forum was that it was one of the worst seasons. That is what I meant. (BTW, I personally think the two abroad seasons with Prince Lorenzo and Dr. Travis were the worst.)
BuckeyeGal06
BuckeyeGal06

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:53 am

BuckeyeGal06 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
MiaHawk wrote:

I've watched this franchise for years, and some seasons are kind of a blur. I watched JPG's season, but didn't post on the board about it.
Can somebody refresh my memory and briefly tell me why it was such a "disaster" (a word frequently used to describe his season).  Was it the ratings?  Was it the Andi/Clare confrontation?  Was it JPG's refusal to divulge info at ATFR?  To me, all of those things made JPG's season unique and occasionally unpleasant to watch, but, in my mind I don't recall it as a "disaster". JPG certainly burned some of his own bridges, but he is still dating Nikki, right?  It's been how long since his season stopped filming?  In this show, kind of sounds like a success story to me. But TPTB will never throw JPG a bone or give him so much as a nod of approval, because he struck back at them during the ATFR by shutting down and refusing to play their game any more.  TPTB turned on JPG in order to make Andi into a Bach'ette that people (especially women) wanted to root for as a lead. But, disaster? Have I just blocked it all out of my mind?  Or have I grown to not care less anymore?

I really liked JPG, enjoyed him being true to himself and I adore Nikki.  They are still together and building a relationship without TPTB giving them tons of props.  He didn't play by their rules, but he was real.  Nikki and Sharleen are two of my favorite contestants ever and heck I am even enjoying Clare on BiP now.  Not a disaster to me.

Sorry, I should have clarified...not a disaster as far as JuanPa and Nikki still being together, but as a total season, definitely not one of the best in the eyes of TPTB. General consensus from people I've talked to who aren't privy to spoilers or this forum was that it was one of the worst seasons. That is what I meant. (BTW, I personally think the two abroad seasons with Prince Lorenzo and Dr. Travis were the worst.)

Yes, I agree. Prince and Doctor were dud seasons.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 Poll - Arie or Chris

+54
Ash2214
CHO
Cecilia
Judiful
Cari