SELECT CONTENT

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 3 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by ag54 Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:41 pm

I just watched the preview of the meeting between Nick and Hy. I sure wish he'd worn a collared shirt. I always tell my boys to wear a collared shirt when they meet the parents... Maybe it's a southern thing?

ag54

Back to top Go down

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 -  Discussion - Thread #6 - Page 3 Empty Re: Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

Post by Jeepers Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:11 pm

It's not just a southern thing .. Pretty universal

He was underdressed for that occasion

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:39 pm

Jeepers wrote:

What amazes me and makes me laugh .. It isn't even in an envelope .. If I was sending off a note or letter and wanted privacy .. I would certainly at least put it in a sealed envelope

Yes, this has been bugging me, too. At first I thought maybe it was in an envelop (hand delivered or mailed to TPTB) and CH removed it from the envelop (read it) and delivered it to Andi. But, if you look at how the paper is folded, it is not folded in a way to fit into a standard envelop. It is notebook paper folded into 1/4. Also, if it was hand delivered by Nick on the day of MTA (as he was supposedly in LA that day), and it contained any private or important information that Nick wrote out ahead of time, I would think he would have placed it into an envelop to keep it between him and Andi. All of this makes me wonder if Nick didn't physically show up at the studio on the day of MTA hoping to speak directly to Andi. Maybe he had previously tried to reach her or send her a message that he wanted to talk with her.

How would they keep the F2 from contacting Andi? I mean, Arie flew to Charlotte on his own and showed up on Emily's doorstep, only to reconsider this as a possible intrusion on Ricki's life, but he left the journal on her doorstep. He didn't see Emily eye to eye, but he got his message delivered via the journal. Nick (or the F2) could have done something similar, right? May have phoned Andi? May have sent her a note in the mail? All asking for a face to face meeting so that they could talk. I'm sure if Andi received them, she may very well have ignored them and not responded (a. because TPTB prob told her not too and b. because it would be a difficult conversation to have that she wasn't obligated to have and c. that way she could keep it all a secret from her F1 so as not to ruffle his feathers). Now, if this had occurred (messages with no responses), it is perceivable that Nick (or F2) took it upon himself to fly to LA and try to see Andi face to face at MTA since he was aware of the filming details. If he showed up with the intention of seaking to her directly, he may not have had a written letter prepared. If security or TPTB did not allow him access t Andi (because of rules or to save the juicy stuff for ATFR) he may have spontaneously asked them for a piece of paper so he could at least give a message to Andi. The pull out a notebook, rip out a couple of pages, he writes a not saying he'd like to see her, no envelop, simply folded into 1/4, it is delivered on camera by CH, and Andi knows in her gut that it's probably from her F2, and after having received other notes that she previously ignored, she is hesitant to open it. Thus places it down. (Or is told ahead of camera shooting that a note fro F2 is coming and is instructed not to open it, to simply place it on table for drama's sake). IMO, She HAD to have know WHO the letter was from. She HAD to have known it was from F2. And why would she know this?...Because this isn't the first time she is receiving a note from the F2. This is MHO of what most likely happened.

They want to keep an air of mystery around the letter so they can drag it on stage at ATFR and create drama....oh the poor F2 who just couldn't take no for an answer, etc. Poor heartbroken fool. It's part of their horse and pony show. Otherwise the simple straight story that she chose F1 is too boring. They need to make it about the competition for her heart.

Personally, if I was F2, and I'd been blindsided, I would have written letters. And they would have been long and elaborate letters (who'd guess that from me, right? laugh out loud) And if I didn't get a response, I'd send another. I'd try several times. What would I have to lose. I already got dumped on national television. I wouldn't find it shameful to go after someone I loved before ATFR. But, at ATFR or after ATFR I would draw the line. That would be when I pulled back, allowed myself to see what they had with their F1, let them see if they can make it work in real life. If I still felt like I loved them, and thought I wanted them, I probably wouldn't pursue them actively, but I would burn a private torch for them. I'm like that. If I love someone, I love them deeply. When I was younger, I carried a torch for an unrequited love for 5 years. If on day 1825 he asked me out, I would have still jumped at the chance. Now, do I want the F2 to carry a torch for 5 years over Andi. Heck,no. I want him to find closure and move on, but at his own pace and in his own time. If it took him or takes him longer, it doesn't make him a "creeper", "stalker", or anything else. It just will take what it takes. Hopefully at 33, he'll have the ability to put it all into perspective and use it as a growth experience for himself, with no hard feelings or regrets.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeepers Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:43 pm

^^ VERY well said

A bit of grace and a bit of badass
Jeepers
Jeepers

Back to top Go down

Post by sbolduc Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:19 pm

Love that post!
sbolduc
sbolduc

Back to top Go down

Post by emusha Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:07 pm

I do think Nick will feel resentment cos of how much reassurance went his way and how much Andi worked on opening him up to "make him a believer" but if he is the f2 and he's gone through that horrible video leak, horrible edit, and rejection again during filming...he'd have had it up till however much he can take it by aftr...the sad thing is in any normal scenario in life he would have at least had a chance to talk to her and have her talk him through where she stands so that he wouldn't have to wait all this ridiculous time when the edit was adding to his own thinking that he was her one....and she was his...him going after her does fit in with what we know of him as does him taking breakups really hard... regardless of how raw or unpolished he might come off at aftr...and how "america" might respond to that....it doesn't change how it's all coming from a place of confusion and being in love with someone in a very unnatural process. I will not fault him for coming off as less "together"...he's stayed geniune throughout all this despite what people have kept saying about him...
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by nutty1 Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:11 pm

emusha wrote:I do think Nick will feel resentment cos of how much reassurance went his way and how much Andi worked on opening him up to "make him a believer" but if he is the f2 and he's gone through that horrible video leak, horrible edit, and rejection again during filming...he'd have had it up till however much he can take it by aftr...the sad thing is in any normal scenario in life he would have at least had a chance to talk to her and have her talk him through where she stands so that he wouldn't have to wait all this ridiculous time when the edit was adding to his own thinking that he was her one....and she was his...him going after her does fit in with what we know of him as does him taking breakups really hard... regardless of how raw or unpolished he might come off at aftr...and how "america" might respond to that....it doesn't change how it's all coming from a place of confusion and being in love with someone in a very unnatural process. I will not fault him for coming off as less "together"...he's stayed geniune throughout all this despite what people have kept saying about him...

clapping! clapping! clapping! clapping! clapping! 

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cecilia Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:15 pm

He could have written the letter right when he got home and sent it to producers. But producers wait to give it to her. And maybe after the proposal, there will be a coda of him in Milwaukee explaining how he felt and why he decided to write her a letter. Then ATFR. This has not been done before.
Cecilia
Cecilia

Female Posts : 2283

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:22 pm

ag54 wrote:I just watched the preview of the meeting between Nick and Hy.  I sure wish he'd worn a collared shirt.  I always tell my boys to wear a collared shirt when they meet the parents...  Maybe it's a southern thing?

I think he was dressed stylish and appropriate for the weather, location, and occasion. If they were meeting in church or for high tea or on a golf course with certain dress etiquette expected, I'd think differently. Where I come from, a collar means little as far as respect shown, and when people get all judgy about other people's personal fashion style, the predominant question is, "Are they being themselves or trying to put on heirs?" Being yourself is what is viewed as respectful.

Both Josh and Nick looked very nice, and have all season long. Even with Scarfgate in full swing. JMHO.

Back to top Go down

Post by SueSt Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:30 pm

KarmaGirl wrote:
ag54 wrote:I just watched the preview of the meeting between Nick and Hy.  I sure wish he'd worn a collared shirt.  I always tell my boys to wear a collared shirt when they meet the parents...  Maybe it's a southern thing?

I think he was dressed stylish and appropriate for the weather, location, and occasion.  If they were meeting in church or for high tea or on a golf course with certain dress etiquette expected, I'd think differently.  Where I come from, a collar means little as far as respect shown, and when people get all judgy about other people's personal fashion style, the predominant question is, "Are they being themselves or trying to put on heirs?"  Being yourself is what is viewed as respectful.  

Both Josh and Nick looked very nice, and have all season long.  Even with Scarfgate in full swing.  JMHO.

I totally agree with your post, KarmaGirl.  :yes: 
SueSt
SueSt

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:53 pm

It isn't something I would ever think to give advice on. My son actually does favor collared shirts but he is a total nerd and not the least bit fashionable; no other boys dress like him. But, then again, he isn't a 33 year old professional.

My husband will always put on a nice shirt, and his wardrobe doesn't have anything in between collared and at-home T, so for him it would always be a collared shirt.

Can't remember exactly what Nick wore, but prsonally, I think a nice Henley can look VERY good on a man, and way above a T-shirt.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Norcalgal Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:00 pm

My 27 year old professional son, who lives and works in Silicon Valley, wears t-shirts (short or long sleeves) or henleys or sweaters to work and out. He does own some custom made collared shirts but I have no idea where or how often he wears them. (So why did he buy them??) He, like Nick, has what we refer to as a hipster vibe. Skinny pants, no socks, body-hugging shirts, etc.

Most people are very complimentary to me after they've met him - he makes a nice impression. Very low-key and sincere. So I think Nick looks just fine.

Been watching this crap show like forever
Norcalgal
Norcalgal

Female Posts : 5312

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 80 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 41 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Nick Viall - Bachelorette 10 - Discussion - Thread #6

+99
vivi2
StacyNor
Bet2Win
eliza3
philphan