SELECT CONTENT

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - MTP-LCD-FRC- July 28/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* #2 - Discussion

Page 2 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - MTP-LCD-FRC- July 28/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* #2 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - MTP-LCD-FRC- July 28/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* #2 - Discussion

Post by Alanna Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:17 am

ironcat wrote:Regarding the seeming contradiction regarding what Andi said at the FRC about being in love with Josh from day 1 and what she said on JK about not making her decision until the day of the FRC, I guess I heard things differently than most did.  To me, what she said to Josh at the FRC was that the feelings he gave her from their first meeting and from every interaction since, she now, in retrospect, understands was love, although she didn't realize it at the time.  It's kind of a revisionist history if you will, but I really believe her when she said on JK that she didn't completely decide that she was going to choose Josh (and fully accept that she was madly in love with him) until that last day, which is probably why she felt it was "okay" to sleep with Nick, because IMO she still hadn't firmly made up her mind who she was choosing at that point.  I wonder if she had had the FD with Josh first, would she have done the same thing?  no idea  I think the producers may have scheduled Nick's date first for a reason.

I certainly get why Nick fans and people who don't like Andi are outraged at her, she certainly could have handled things better.  Someone weeks ago described Andi's methodology on this show as bloodless, and I really think this sums it up.  I agree that she has been pissed off at Nick for the past 2 months, and receiving that letter from him where he not only poured his heart out, but also questioned her judgment and courage, probably only made her feel colder towards him, especially as she seems to be over the moon smitten with Josh right now.  It's no wonder that she wouldn't give an inch about using the "L" word in relation to anything about Nick, even though it obviously would have been far more gracious of her if she had.  But she is stubborn, and even moreso when she's pissed.

Regarding being in love, everyone gets so hung up on saying the words, but as so many alumni from this show have said in the past, none of them are probably really "in love" until after they get to know each other once the show ends, and IMO that includes Andi, Josh and Nick.  That's not to say they don't develop intense feelings that resemble love; there's no doubt that Nick was hurting (the poor guy was shaking).  And anyway, until they develop a scientific test to determine/prove who is really in love and who isn't, it's all subjective and a matter of semantics IMO.

Just chiming in, before this story grows legs and runs away, that Andi and Josh did NOT meet before, only that they saw each other across the room at a club, but didn't speak.  Actually, I'm not sure Andi even acknowledged that she saw Josh, but he definitely saw her and knew that he wasn't allowed to approach her.  That's hardly a big deal in my book.

eta tnmom, just saw we posted the same thing at the same time.   yes 

Wonderful and very fair post IMO! As always!

Andi was ice to Nick at atfr, but I understand why she was pissed and don't blame her, it's a show and he knew exactly what he was signing up for. No need to stalk her for months after, etc. Nick really lost my sympathy with the sex thing though, totally ridiculous to bring it up and totally done to cause drama and hopefully to him also result in a break up. Jmo.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - MTP-LCD-FRC- July 28/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* #2 - Discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - MTP-LCD-FRC- July 28/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* #2 - Discussion

Post by ironcat Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:35 am

Hi, Alanna!  :WAVEY: bestbud! 

Clearly, Andi and Nick were at cross purposes last night, and both, IMO, were largely thinking of themselves and their own needs, not the other. Andi just wanted to revel in being engaged and being able to "shout it from the rooftops", and was pissed that Nick has apparently been "raining on her parade" for the past 2 months by not quietly going away. Nick was heartbroken and bitter, his ego took a serious blow, and he wasn't going to give up trying to get what he wanted without a fight, even if it meant harming Andi's relationship with Josh, IMO (who he didn't think was right for her anyway, so what the hell). That's a pretty self serving attitude. He didn't get closure, but neither do many people who get their heart broken; hey, it's happened to me too, so I sympathize, but them's the breaks sometimes. I really don't think either of them should put this episode on a highlight reel for a "Person of the Year" award.

ironcat

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am

Unfortunately they are focusing on this in media and even here in Dallas showed a clip on the pre GMA show and bashed Nick. He had an ulterior motive for sure. Sad really and I bet he is regretting it already.
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by quietpal Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:14 am

Well, she definitely played a part in all this, so she is not coming up roses, Imo. Glad it's over (the season) and hopefully Nick can move on.

quietpal

Back to top Go down

Post by luvstx Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 am

ironcat wrote:Regarding the seeming contradiction regarding what Andi said at the FRC about being in love with Josh from day 1 and what she said on JK about not making her decision until the day of the FRC, I guess I heard things differently than most did.  To me, what she said to Josh at the FRC was that the feelings he gave her from their first meeting and from every interaction since, she now, in retrospect, understands was love, although she didn't realize it at the time.  It's kind of a revisionist history if you will, but I really believe her when she said on JK that she didn't completely decide that she was going to choose Josh (and fully accept that she was madly in love with him) until that last day, which is probably why she felt it was "okay" to sleep with Nick, because IMO she still hadn't firmly made up her mind who she was choosing at that point.  I wonder if she had had the FD with Josh first, would she have done the same thing?  no idea  I think the producers may have scheduled Nick's date first for a reason.

I certainly get why Nick fans and people who don't like Andi are outraged at her, she certainly could have handled things better.  Someone weeks ago described Andi's methodology on this show as bloodless, and I really think this sums it up.  I agree that she has been pissed off at Nick for the past 2 months, and receiving that letter from him where he not only poured his heart out, but also questioned her judgment and courage, probably only made her feel colder towards him, especially as she seems to be over the moon smitten with Josh right now.  It's no wonder that she wouldn't give an inch about using the "L" word in relation to anything about Nick, even though it obviously would have been far more gracious of her if she had.  But she is stubborn, and even moreso when she's pissed.

Regarding being in love, everyone gets so hung up on saying the words, but as so many alumni from this show have said in the past, none of them are probably really "in love" until after they get to know each other once the show ends, and IMO that includes Andi, Josh and Nick.  That's not to say they don't develop intense feelings that resemble love; there's no doubt that Nick was hurting (the poor guy was shaking).  And anyway, until they develop a scientific test to determine/prove who is really in love and who isn't, it's all subjective and a matter of semantics IMO.

Just chiming in, before this story grows legs and runs away, that Andi and Josh did NOT meet before, only that they saw each other across the room at a club, but didn't speak.  Actually, I'm not sure Andi even acknowledged that she saw Josh, but he definitely saw her and knew that he wasn't allowed to approach her.  That's hardly a big deal in my book.

clapping! clapping! clapping! 

That sums it up for me ironcat.

Last night's finale was a roller coaster ride for the viewers and tptb must have loved that it came off that way.

I have a few observations from how last night played out...

First, was it unusual that they didn't have any Bach couples in the live audience?  I understand why they had Clare and Drew there (should have been the first clue that nick was f2!) but I thought they have had a Bach couple there most AFTR.

Second, I was bummed that they did not do a montage of Jodi's 'journey'.  I always like to be reminded of how it all developed and the romantic in me loves seeing that after the proposal.

I wish Andi and josh well and hope that nick heals soon.
luvstx
luvstx

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:11 am

Tnmomof4 wrote:My take on what Andi was trying to communicate to Josh during the beginning of the proposal was that it took the whole season, it's ups and downs, possibly her relationship with Nick, for her to realize that she actually was in love with Josh from the start.  In other words, she really didn't know, or maybe let herself know, that she loved him until that morning, after everything had played out and at that point she realized she had loved him all along.
Not to justify her sleeping with both, but I really think (at least in her mind in those moments) that at the time she did it, she still was trying to give this "different" connection she had with Nick a chance and I guess, in her world, sleeping with him would give her clarity.  This was a connection th she never had had before and she confused about whether it was love or notl  She hadn't let herself totally believe that she loved Josh yet. Not my cup of tea, but I think it's what's she needed to be sure.
Great post  clapping!. This really makes sense. I wouldn't have done it this way but I've never been the bachelorette. 

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by CHO Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:18 am

Nick was an easy target - and tptb and Andi rolled with it. He talked a lot, yes, but that made it easy for Andi - she didn't have to say much. Imo - it's one thing to lead the contestants on - and sleeping together is beyond what is necessary - but ..... how could Andi do this when she is obviously in love with Josh ? That's what baffles me ! Are you not thinking about what Josh might feel if he found out ? How would she feel if Josh was sleeping around days before he was proposing ? Unbelievable. Maybe it's a good thing - maybe future bachelors and bachelorettes will use their heads in the future.
CHO
CHO

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:26 am

I think it's the rule not the exception and we follow their lead ... It doesn't matter now.  So let it go.  I think Nick was embarrassed to have to put her and them through that, and will himself be relieved to be free of his contract and meddling producers.  That letter is straight out of the production/story room,  it pulls quotes from ItMs among many other tells.  This is a strong couple, period.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:27 am

CHO wrote:Nick was an easy target - and tptb and Andi rolled with it.  He talked a lot, yes, but that made it easy for Andi - she didn't have to say much.  Imo - it's one thing to lead the contestants on - and sleeping together is beyond what is necessary - but ..... how could Andi do this when she is obviously in love with Josh ?  That's what baffles me !  Are you not thinking about what Josh might feel if he found out ?  How would she feel if Josh was sleeping around days before he was proposing ?  Unbelievable.  Maybe it's a good thing - maybe future bachelors and bachelorettes will use their heads in the future.

In my experience, this is the type of thing that will always be below the surface with this couple - a source of quiet mistrust that will erupt at times to torment them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Piper61 Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:29 am

Great post, by both you, and tnmom. I definitely share the same thoughts! As far as the bolded, I think that train has left the station full steam ahead and it isn't pretty. What Josh explained, I believe 100%.
Piper61
Piper61

Female Posts : 6364

Back to top Go down

Post by Luvvy Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:31 am

^^I may be in the minority but I think it's romantic that a guy could see a girl across a room, instantly fall in love and then go get her, so to speak. You always hear stories of men saying they knew they'd marry their wives from the first moment. I think Josh is one of those guys, even the way he talked about Andi in his preshow interview. She's so lucky. imo of course.

ETA: After watching the actual Kimmel interview I totally get the chance meeting in the club now. My previous post is totally irrelevant laugh out loud

Last edited by Luvvy on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total

My favorite favorites ~Chantal O.~Sean~Chres~Jolly~Chris L.~JODI #TeamSushi #TeamYellowRibbon
Luvvy
Luvvy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:34 am

I didn't realize the thread one had been locked and had posted this below and wanted to bring it over.

"mercieme
BKay wrote:I'm watching them on Kimmel now. Now she is saying that she didn't know for sure about Josh until the morning of the proposal.

She must be having selective amnesia between when they did the live show and Jimmy Kimmel. She clearly stated that she loved Josh from the beginning which is all good but she needs to stick to her story!!!!
Her story fits what wants to tell at the time. 
Eric called her out on it.
Nick called her out on it. 
She does not like being called out or questioned.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 44 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelorette 10 - Andi Dorfman - Episode 10 - MTP-LCD-FRC- July 28/14 *Spoilers & Sleuthing* #2 - Discussion

+82
Rosepetal
alwaystulips
Cari
Catdwoman50
GrahamGal
motheroffive
Newto
Jeepers
charriotoffire
vivi2
Acrunch