SELECT CONTENT

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Page 36 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Post by motheroffive Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:57 pm

I don't know that much about the Advocare products that are advertised for weight loss but certain of their products have been around a long time for use as workout supplements. My older children used their Catalyst supplement and Spark drink as part of their training regimen for running cross country in high school. This was in the early 2000's. We investigated before we would agree to their use and found them to be both safe and effective for energy and focus. My daughter continued to use the Spark drink in college before her workouts.

motheroffive

Female Posts : 2792

Back to top Go down

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion - Page 36 Empty Re: Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

Post by Ash2214 Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:01 pm

For every negative review/article, there are positive ones. I know someone directly who has used products from Advocare because they heard about it from Drew Brees (famous NFL QB) because he does the same thing as Andi and Josh are doing with the company and my friend decided to test it out. She didn't do the 24 day challenge, but she had used their energy drinks, their bars and once did a 10 day cleanse. She played soccer for her university down in Florida and thought it would be a good idea. She had no complaints. She felt that all of the above that I just listed gave her energy and she lost a few pounds on the cleanse right before her season started, but she never went overboard as some people in those reviews suggested they did.

As you can see from the negative articles written above, someone stated they did the 24 day challenge and worked out 7 days a week. Well, that's ridiculous and shouldn't be done. Like with every sort of company, such as Advocare or the one Sean did work with, there are risks. It's important to know your body, know that you are healthy, know your limits and to do research. My friend had no complaints about the products she used, but she no longer uses them because she graduated from college two years ago and no longer plays soccer.

I want to add that I am in no way a fan of this sort of stuff. I much prefer getting in shape and being healthy by having a healthy diet and working out. However, like with anything, there are positives and negatives to this sort of stuff.

I saw that some people here were interested in getting some products from Advocare, but I suggest you do research and look at the pros and cons. I would suggest not doing the 24 day challenge, especially if you have never done this sort of thing before. Here are a couple of positive articles if anyone is interested:

http://californiarcrc.org/positive-advocare-reviews/
http://www.caffeineinformer.com/advocare-spark-energy-drink-review

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Iam_arielle Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:16 pm

I understand that there are positive and negative reviews but again still a weight loss products . Advocare is helping people to loss weight by taking their products which is not a natural way . 24 hour challenge to loss weight ?. Come on ! You bought their products and loss weight. Just saying .
Iam_arielle
Iam_arielle

Female Posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:23 pm

While I get why these so-called weight loss/"health" products are appealing to young, busy, need-to-stay-attractive people, I wish they could hurry on through that phase and get to the part where they realize that anything manufactured in a lab is not going to be as good for your body as eating close-to-the-earth.  They can usually get away with the chemicals because they are, overall, healthy, but putting that kind of stress on your body is not the way to long term success.

It doesn't surprise me, however, that people from this franchise see nothing wrong with endorsing these kinds of products.  They are in a sub-world that uses these sorts of things all the time and haven't had any personal problems with them.  Manufactured "food" is a huge market. It probably won't be until they have kids that they start to phase into the close-to-the-earth food philosophy.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:29 pm

^ If you read my post, you can see that I'm not a fan of these sort of products, however I felt like I needed to say that I knew someone directly who tried some of their products and had a positive experience with them just like the poster above said about her children.

While I wouldn't do any of it, I think it's important to note for some people here that were thinking about doing it that there are positives and negatives. If they were thinking about doing and still want to, they should do some research and know their bodies.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:34 pm

Research and knowing your body are important in all aspects of life. School physicals are done prior to joining a school sport/team. The same with joining a health club or Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers/Nutrisystem. This helps avoid tragedies that otherwise could have horrible consequences.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by MiaHawk Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:18 pm

I am concerned at the number of these products and how they are marketed to society. The human body is an amazing thing. Treat it with respect, because it's the only body you get.
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:34 pm

beader wrote:Actually, I thought that in the recent golf tournament pictures that Andi and her BFF both looked like they might have been on laxatives for 10 days.  I just attributed it to the Grey Goose.

Grey Goose doesn't really go with a 24 day diet. Kind of stupid to do the two together.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:39 pm

Ash2214 wrote:For every negative review/article, there are positive ones. I know someone directly who has used products from Advocare because they heard about it from Drew Brees (famous NFL QB) because he does the same thing as Andi and Josh are doing with the company and my friend decided to test it out. She didn't do the 24 day challenge, but she had used their energy drinks, their bars and once did a 10 day cleanse. She played soccer for her university down in Florida and thought it would be a good idea. She had no complaints. She felt that all of the above that I just listed gave her energy and she lost a few pounds on the cleanse right before her season started, but she never went overboard as some people in those reviews suggested they did.

As you can see from the negative articles written above, someone stated they did the 24 day challenge and worked out 7 days a week. Well, that's ridiculous and shouldn't be done. Like with every sort of company, such as Advocare or the one Sean did work with, there are risks. It's important to know your body, know that you are healthy, know your limits and to do research. My friend had no complaints about the products she used, but she no longer uses them because she graduated from college two years ago and no longer plays soccer.

I want to add that I am in no way a fan of this sort of stuff. I much prefer getting in shape and being healthy by having a healthy diet and working out. However, like with anything, there are positives and negatives to this sort of stuff.

I saw that some people here were interested in getting some products from Advocare, but I suggest you do research and look at the pros and cons. I would suggest not doing the 24 day challenge, especially if you have never done this sort of thing before. Here are a couple of positive articles if anyone is interested:

http://californiarcrc.org/positive-advocare-reviews/
http://www.caffeineinformer.com/advocare-spark-energy-drink-review

Ash, are Josh and Andi selling or are they a paid sponsor like Drew Brees? I don't know, so I just wanted to check.

I think anyone choosing to this should see their physician first make sure there won't be adverse effects. 10 days of laxatives or diuretics seems a bit harsh, but I have gi issues and many of my friends actually study the kidney so I can't imagine doing anything that would willingly interfere with either. I have had to eliminate all artificial sweeteners due to how they effect the colon, so I am extra cautious.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:02 pm

^ Drew Brees markets Advocare's products and is a national spokesperson for the company. What I was referring to was that a popular NFL QB is marketing and telling people to buy Advocare's products just like Andi and Josh are. It was more so actually just to state that my friend, who had a positive experience with Advocare, found out about it in the first place.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Eagle Eye Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:15 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
beader wrote:Actually, I thought that in the recent golf tournament pictures that Andi and her BFF both looked like they might have been on laxatives for 10 days.  I just attributed it to the Grey Goose.

Grey Goose doesn't really go with a 24 day diet.  Kind of stupid to do the two together.  
She's not doing the two together. They're starting the challenge on September 22nd.
Eagle Eye
Eagle Eye

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Ash2214 wrote:^ Drew Brees markets Advocare's products and is a national spokesperson for the company. What I was referring to was that a popular NFL QB is marketing and telling people to buy Advocare's products just like Andi and Josh are. It was more so actually just to state that my friend, who had a positive experience with Advocare, found out about it in the first place.

I was just wondering if Andi and Josh are paid sponsors like Drew Brees or if they are selling the products? Also do they plan to do the 24 day challenge?

Advocare seems to be a pyramidal marketing company, I have been part of one, so if they are paid advertisers or part of the sales force.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 79 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 57 ... 79  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Andi Dorfman & Josh Murray - Bachelorette 10 - General Discussion

+77
Bet2Win
timfan
laurentx
california90
thirteen