SELECT CONTENT

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Page 3 of 74 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by mnmhughes Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:57 am

sjcaligurl wrote:It's about time they showed a real guy as the lead and not some saint with a tragic back story. Look at how they portrayed Emily only to find that she was giving Brad the business every Monday night about his antics with the other women. She was the saintly single mom who lost her fiance in an accident. Southern Belle, sweet as pie ... no one could hate her. Yet, she and Brad are fighting like cats and dogs over the phone to the point that she wouldn't even consider moving to be with him.

JP is an assertive guy who decided early on that he wanted the girl and went after her. Not sure an F1 has really been as brazen as he has been. They always make them seem so passive and sweet ... more like Ben who's been in a funk since his dad passed away.

I think it's rather refreshing to have a guy willing to put it all out there like that.

I agree -- I love it. Honest feelings and emotions are being displayed. heartbeat
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

Post by emusha Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:57 am

mnmhughes wrote:
rkmccoy wrote:
skitts wrote:Is it just me or does this season appear to be 'over the top drama' or 'a total bore-fest'. The whole season does not seem to flow. Ashley's emotions/insecurities interfer with 'viewer confidence' in her choices...leaving me, personally, with a 'whatever' feeling. JMO

YES! I completely agree. She's the worst. Her dates are really what is disappointing. I feel like there could be so much drama or competition there, but instead they walk around a farmer's market. Awesome.

I think she's just not very adventurous. Plus, we know she's terrified of helicopters, so they couldn't fly her and a guy out somewhere for their dates. She's certainly not the type to bungee-jump off bridges either. It's like, since TPTB couldn't get her to do dramatic dates, they had to stir up and even invent drama in other ways.

I think the extravagance of the dates has definitely gone down and I've been wondering why....it's not even the lack of adventure dates but also the dinners which are at very "blah" boring locations aside from a couple like Lucas' and William's one-on-ones

I was watching Alibearto's first date and there is a totally different feel to the energy/location ...the editing ...this season is just overall more boring...I think it's mainly the bad editing - there's a lack of authenticity to this show nowadays...it's become more like a formula and overly shocking/extreme emotional reactions... no humor, excitement, no real human interest or authentic conversations.... no no

Last edited by emusha on Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:07 am; edited 3 times in total
emusha
emusha

Back to top Go down

Post by proudmommy50810 Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:58 am

sjcaligurl wrote:It's about time they showed a real guy as the lead and not some saint with a tragic back story. Look at how they portrayed Emily only to find that she was giving Brad the business every Monday night about his antics with the other women. She was the saintly single mom who lost her fiance in an accident. Southern Belle, sweet as pie ... no one could hate her. Yet, she and Brad are fighting like cats and dogs over the phone to the point that she wouldn't even consider moving to be with him.

JP is an assertive guy who decided early on that he wanted the girl and went after her. Not sure an F1 has really been as brazen as he has been. They always make them seem so passive and sweet ... more like Ben who's been in a funk since his dad passed away.

I think it's rather refreshing to have a guy willing to put it all out there like that.

word

proudmommy50810

Female Posts : 511

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:03 am

I really like this post!!! It kind of reminded me of how Graham used to talk to Deanna. He would get so frustrated (poor guy) never wanted to be one in a bunch. Never wanted to go back to the guys after his alone time with her. Problem is he would shut himself off and she would get defensive. With Ashley she gave JP the GRD to let him know she was feeling the same way and knew what he was going through. And then we have Deanna who instead gave the GDR to someone else besides her intended F1 who just happened to be losing it... nice one D.

I really enjoy the honesty between these two... they are comfortable with each other. I hope to see him more confident now that the guys are all separated.

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers - Page 3 Drew112
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by CarrieA Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:21 am

noobsleuth wrote:

I really like this post!!! It kind of reminded me of how Graham used to talk to Deanna. He would get so frustrated (poor guy) never wanted to be one in a bunch. Never wanted to go back to the guys after his alone time with her. Problem is he would shut himself off and she would get defensive. With Ashley she gave JP the GRD to let him know she was feeling the same way and knew what he was going through. And then we have Deanna who instead gave the GDR to someone else besides her intended F1 who just happened to be losing it... nice one D.

I really enjoy the honesty between these two... they are comfortable with each other. I hope to see him more confident now that the guys are all separated.

I agree Good Post word
CarrieA
CarrieA

Female Posts : 3482

Back to top Go down

Post by sjcaligurl Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:25 am

noobsleuth wrote:

JP was just trying to get through this last week before HTDs and had a hard time. His 'impatience' got the best of him and he owned up to it. I like how he told her that he knew what he'd told her previously and that it was true 'in theory' but once you feel that way about someone it changes everything. He was really unapologetic for feeling that way. He is a little cocky at times. But he knows that what he has with her is at a different level than it is with everyone else. He seems rather sure about what they have but, still, there is that doubt that he knows he should have so he won't end up like Ryan. I don't know what he's telling the other guys. They seem to know he's into her but I'm not sure how much they buy that she's as into him. They actually do have a relationship going with each other while the other guys are still trying to establish one. It's really weird.

sjcaligurl

Back to top Go down

Post by cfck2222 Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:31 am

This is a small point and maybe an obvious one too but I also thought JP's frustration was that he couldn't just go have a conversation with Ashley and hash things out with her. It felt like he'd like nothing better than to just pull her aside during the photo session and talk with her but he couldn't. Maybe he tried and the producers didn't let it happen for drama's sake so it could keep building up inside of him and make for maximum awkwardness. When the actual conversation happened it was fine.

This is more a point about how the show tries to bring out the worst in people more than anything else.
cfck2222
cfck2222

Back to top Go down

Post by noobsleuth Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:36 am

cfck2222 wrote:This is a small point and maybe an obvious one too but I also thought JP's frustration was that he couldn't just go have a conversation with Ashley and hash things out with her. It felt like he'd like nothing better than to just pull her aside during the photo session and talk with her but he couldn't. Maybe he tried and the producers didn't let it happen for drama's sake so it could keep building up inside of him and make for maximum awkwardness. When the actual conversation happened it was fine.

This is more a point about how the show tries to bring out the worst in people more than anything else.

ITA when I have something I want to "discuss" lol with DH it literally eats me alive just waiting for him to get home from work!
noobsleuth
noobsleuth

Female Posts : 3456

Back to top Go down

Post by Kelad9 Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:37 am

anders wrote:
rkmccoy wrote:
skitts wrote:Is it just me or does this season appear to be 'over the top drama' or 'a total bore-fest'. The whole season does not seem to flow. Ashley's emotions/insecurities interfer with 'viewer confidence' in her choices...leaving me, personally, with a 'whatever' feeling. JMO

YES! I completely agree. She's the worst. Her dates are really what is disappointing. I feel like there could be so much drama or competition there, but instead they walk around a farmer's market. Awesome.

she's an open book - it is so apparent when she's just not interested in someone. She can't even feign interest when it's not there. And letting Ryan go looked like she was told she had to do this.

And she's even more apparent in Taiwan that I think she's ready for this whole show to be over with & if she had a choice, she'd have sent everyone home so she could have spent the remaining amount of time with her F1. JMO.

Kelad9

Female Posts : 1107

http://kelad9.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by anders Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:38 am

Or by herself.

“No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see affraid
anders
anders

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:41 am

JP seems to be the only one really interested in Ashley the person. I bet if Ben and Dino were given the choice of having a 1/1 with Ashley or each other, they'd pick each other. giggling Yep, a real life Lloyd and Harry on a moped, truckin' up the mountain....... hope Dino doesn't have to pee.....

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by mnmhughes Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:43 am

northernviewer wrote:JP seems to be the only one really interested in Ashley the person. I bet if Ben and Dino were given the choice of having a 1/1 with Ashley or each other, they'd pick each other. giggling Yep, a real life Lloyd and Harry on a moped, truckin' up the mountain....... hope Dino doesn't have to pee.....

I agree. I think TPTB left JP's jealousy in the edit because, frankly, none of the other guys care and this episode would have been even more boring than it already was. JMO. :hidingchair
mnmhughes
mnmhughes

Female Posts : 8112

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 74 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 38 ... 74  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Episode 7 - 7/11 - Discussion - Spoilers

+81
Nibbles22
rc49ers
Trueloveforever
CHO
Samantharose