SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 14 of 49 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:01 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
JBF wrote:
George1218 wrote:So, I thought I would check in to see how this thread is going.  REALLY scarey!!!  What ever people may think of JP and Nikki (and it seems that most really can't stand them), they ARE still together and are trying and it has been about a year since they first met.  No wonder Nikki quit twitter!  Going back to the fan thread.

Don't run! It is not THAT bad... *chuckle chuckle*

Folks were more ruthless with past contestants like Jake/Vienna, Ben/Courtney, etc. These two are still higher up on the totem pole.

In any case, Jenna/John are a livelier couple getting more attention by the average viewers, if not on this Bachelor oriented forum.

I have the feeling that the overall opinions will improve by the time this show ends, as these two learn on screen what isn't working in their relationship and overcome their own "issues". It does seem like they partly did this to show the public that they are a "normal" couple and not just a "showmance". At least now we learned on screen why Nikki dislikes The Public so much, due to the way strangers snoop on them and sneak photos all of the time.

What tickles me about both Juan and Jenna is that they have egos as big as the Hindenburg, love the media attention more than they care to admit and probably use too small of a mirror. Key difference: Juan was probably spoiled a bit by his family and only experienced opposition on the sports field, not elsewhere. Therefore, he is sweet and mellow ("It's OK") despite always thinking he is right. Jenn, on the other hand, had to battle with others just to get her way and seems to have forgotten that the war is over and nobody is fighting her any more. As a result, both John and Nikki are forced to be passive and allow their partners to have their own way... and they are NOT happy about it. That is sssssooooo obvious on screen. I think those two don't have THE Problem. In addition, you can see them trying very hard at the relationship. Jenna and Juan require more work and part of this involves admitting they are w-r-o-n-g sometimes.

Jenna drives me crazy.  I was telling the tv the whole time, run John run!  Scary woman and not attractive anymore.  Lifestyle can age you so much, how old is she anyway.

I do think JPG likes getting his way, and I don't think he picks up on Nikki's subtle clues of unhappiness, but what I am waiting to see is if Nikki confronts him how he will act.  Will he blow it off or try to make it better and change?  I guess for me is he just a complete egotistical bastard or is he just clueless?  I haven't really seen the answer yet.  

I know some of you hate him for dissing his "employers", but I kind of loved that.  I have seen those "employers" use and abuse people for years, so seeing him not give it was awesome to me.  I still liked the show better when the proposal wasn't mandatory, if it happened great, but after so little time together should any of these people truly be getting engaged.  Even their current great success, Sean admits that he got to know Cat after the show, that she wasn't his "soulmate" at the moment of engagement (this from his letter to Andi, if I have it wrong, please feel free to correct me).  I thought JPG was more realistic.  Love isn't a word he throws around easily, I respect that much more than those who are in love in two weeks spending less than 10 hours with the person and then are in love a month later with someone else.

That was never it. It was that it was more important to him to stick it to his employer than take care of Nikki. There are many things he could have said about her at ATFR besides ILY. The look on her face said it all but he didn't seem to notice or maybe didn't care. Maybe he is not good with nonverbal clues. Nikki is now saying it bothered her on CT so it did happen the way some of us saw it at the time. It has been embarrassing for her.

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by Ash2214 Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:41 pm

Gosh, my dislike for Juan Pablo has nothing to do with "sticking it to his employers" but it has do with making a woman that he supposedly cares for and that many here thinks he loves or will eventually love look like a brainwashed woman on live television. Nikki sat up there talking about how much she loved him, but he said nothing about her. If he didn't love her yet, so be it. It's better not to lie, but at the very least, talk about the qualities you love in her. Talk about how she's beautiful and caring and how he adored how much she's given to this relationship knowing that he wasn't at the same point yet. Nikki got nothing like that. For me, watching the ATFR was actually a bit disturbing. It was sad watching it. Nikki looked lost, sad and confused while he sat up there being pompous and pissed because he wasn't going to be on DWTS and because his ridiculous gay comment got him into trouble.

It has nothing to do with not saying I love you or not proposing to her. If Juan Pablo didn't act like such an ass throughout the season and on the ATFR I would be applauding him. The premise of this show is ridiculous. Every lead should pick a man or woman that they want to continue to date in the real world. I don't think there should be a proposal.

What bothers me is that Juan Pablo just gives off this vibe that he's better than women. It's plain and simple for me. The Clare situation is a great example for that. They're both adults. They both agreed to go for that late night swim, but who got the blame? Clare. Who was given the s*** title because of it? Clare. He even threw his daughter into the conversation, which made Clare feel even more guilty.

Being told "it's okay" and not given anything else in a conversation when things are going wrong is a bit degrading. It's like you're not worth more than that and please don't state it's because of his accent and not having English as his first language. I have relatives where English isn't their first language and they know how to converse in a way that isn't degrading. It's about respect for the other person and knowing the need to try your best to communicate with someone. He didn't get to know the women and that was pretty clear throughout the season. It was gross watching him repeatedly say to Clare "look at me" while she was crying and embarrassed. He guilt tripped her and embarrassed her and then said it wasn't a big deal.

Like I've said numerous times here, Juan Pablo isn't an awful guy, but I certainly think it's valid to question his motives and state that he has several qualities that are quite negative. I think it's pretty clear that both he and Nikki have a lot of growing up to do. I hope it works out for them and that they can both genuinely be happy, although, I'm sure it would have been more beneficial to meet with a professional in private, away from the cameras considering Nikki doesn't like the negativity.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:57 am

grace8136 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
JBF wrote:

Don't run! It is not THAT bad... *chuckle chuckle*

Folks were more ruthless with past contestants like Jake/Vienna, Ben/Courtney, etc. These two are still higher up on the totem pole.

In any case, Jenna/John are a livelier couple getting more attention by the average viewers, if not on this Bachelor oriented forum.

I have the feeling that the overall opinions will improve by the time this show ends, as these two learn on screen what isn't working in their relationship and overcome their own "issues". It does seem like they partly did this to show the public that they are a "normal" couple and not just a "showmance". At least now we learned on screen why Nikki dislikes The Public so much, due to the way strangers snoop on them and sneak photos all of the time.

What tickles me about both Juan and Jenna is that they have egos as big as the Hindenburg, love the media attention more than they care to admit and probably use too small of a mirror. Key difference: Juan was probably spoiled a bit by his family and only experienced opposition on the sports field, not elsewhere. Therefore, he is sweet and mellow ("It's OK") despite always thinking he is right. Jenn, on the other hand, had to battle with others just to get her way and seems to have forgotten that the war is over and nobody is fighting her any more. As a result, both John and Nikki are forced to be passive and allow their partners to have their own way... and they are NOT happy about it. That is sssssooooo obvious on screen. I think those two don't have THE Problem. In addition, you can see them trying very hard at the relationship. Jenna and Juan require more work and part of this involves admitting they are w-r-o-n-g sometimes.

Jenna drives me crazy.  I was telling the tv the whole time, run John run!  Scary woman and not attractive anymore.  Lifestyle can age you so much, how old is she anyway.

I do think JPG likes getting his way, and I don't think he picks up on Nikki's subtle clues of unhappiness, but what I am waiting to see is if Nikki confronts him how he will act.  Will he blow it off or try to make it better and change?  I guess for me is he just a complete egotistical bastard or is he just clueless?  I haven't really seen the answer yet.  

I know some of you hate him for dissing his "employers", but I kind of loved that.  I have seen those "employers" use and abuse people for years, so seeing him not give it was awesome to me.  I still liked the show better when the proposal wasn't mandatory, if it happened great, but after so little time together should any of these people truly be getting engaged.  Even their current great success, Sean admits that he got to know Cat after the show, that she wasn't his "soulmate" at the moment of engagement (this from his letter to Andi, if I have it wrong, please feel free to correct me).  I thought JPG was more realistic.  Love isn't a word he throws around easily, I respect that much more than those who are in love in two weeks spending less than 10 hours with the person and then are in love a month later with someone else.

That was never it. It was that it was more important to him to stick it to his employer than take care of Nikki. There are many things he could have said about her at ATFR besides ILY. The look on her face said it all but he didn't seem to notice or maybe didn't care. Maybe he is not good with nonverbal clues. Nikki is now saying it bothered her on CT so it did happen the way some of us saw it at the time. It has been embarrassing for her.

I agree. Great post Grace!

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:26 pm

Ash2214 wrote:Gosh, my dislike for Juan Pablo has nothing to do with "sticking it to his employers" but it has do with making a woman that he supposedly cares for and that many here thinks he loves or will eventually love look like a brainwashed woman on live television. Nikki sat up there talking about how much she loved him, but he said nothing about her. If he didn't love her yet, so be it. It's better not to lie, but at the very least, talk about the qualities you love in her. Talk about how she's beautiful and caring and how he adored how much she's given to this relationship knowing that he wasn't at the same point yet. Nikki got nothing like that. For me, watching the ATFR was actually a bit disturbing. It was sad watching it. Nikki looked lost, sad and confused while he sat up there being pompous and pissed because he wasn't going to be on DWTS and because his ridiculous gay comment got him into trouble.

Some good points here, but Nikki hardly looked "brainwashed" to me. I am slowly beginning to figured her out though.

Also I wonder if all of these people really want to be on DWTS as much as we think they do. That may have just been a Sean "thang". Even Clare Bear was simply joking about the show on BIP. She wasn't serious.

It has nothing to do with not saying I love you or not proposing to her. If Juan Pablo didn't act like such an ass throughout the season and on the ATFR I would be applauding him. The premise of this show is ridiculous. Every lead should pick a man or woman that they want to continue to date in the real world. I don't think there should be a proposal.

What bothers me is that Juan Pablo just gives off this vibe that he's better than women. It's plain and simple for me. The Clare situation is a great example for that. They're both adults. They both agreed to go for that late night swim, but who got the blame? Clare. Who was given the s*** title because of it? Clare. He even threw his daughter into the conversation, which made Clare feel even more guilty.

He has a HUGE ego, but probably doesn't think he is better than women. If he were gay (and too "intense" for family hour per HIS words), his relationship with a guy would be much the same as it is with Nikki. He would still embarrass him in front of others on Couples Therapy by saying he has to "wait on" him like his daughter.

I belatedly have to agree with what Sharleen stated on Women Tell All. When he went on his date with Nikki in Panama, he suffered "buyer's remorse" because Clare was probably the frontrunner up to that point and now he had to figure out what to do next. Especially now that he went too far with her. Cue the silly song by the Lovin' Spoonful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QV6FpYfbn0

Threw in his daughter as a cover-up excuse without explaining his real reasons.

Oooohhhhh... I will be a little more sympathetic to Juan. Only a little... LOL!

It may just boil down to Juan not being sure "who" or "what" he wants. I still don't like his body language with Nikki. She is always showing HIM support, but I have yet to see him give her the same. Unfortunately, he seems too fault-finding and nit-picky. Could any partner, Nikki included, ever measure up to his exacting standards? There would always be something wrong with her.

Being told "it's okay" and not given anything else in a conversation when things are going wrong is a bit degrading. It's like you're not worth more than that and please don't state it's because of his accent and not having English as his first language. I have relatives where English isn't their first language and they know how to converse in a way that isn't degrading. It's about respect for the other person and knowing the need to try your best to communicate with someone. He didn't get to know the women and that was pretty clear throughout the season. It was gross watching him repeatedly say to Clare "look at me" while she was crying and embarrassed. He guilt tripped her and embarrassed her and then said it wasn't a big deal.

"It's OK" simply means "I don't want to argue because I still think I'm right and you are wrong, but please don't overturn the furniture."

Now that we saw Clare post-Juan on BIP, it is obvious that she's "I am woman, hear me roar". Not entirely suited to men who don't want anything disrupting the SuperBowl. I am still scratching my head over how she went bonkers like she did over Zack, but... *chuckle chuckle*... Zack did remind me a little of Juan. Granted, he isn't as proud. Yet he couldn't handle angry women any better. I still think the Clare vs. AshLee battle was "the beginning of the end" in his eyes and not so much because "low drama" Jackie or Christy were other "options". (Remember Zack + Jackie? Zzzzzzzzzzz.)

Alas... Nikki needs to be more like Clare. Maybe hurl a lamp at him or something. I miss the "old" Nikki who fought Clare back in Miami, just as the latter fought AshLee in Mexico. Sadly, this "new" Nikki is so afraid of losing Juan by showing... *gasp*... the aggressive side to her.

Two episodes back when "Evel" Dick asked about the fantasy date overnights with Nikki's rivals, Juan acted all coy and nebulous and Nikki said she would rather "not know what happened". I instantly said to myself: Ooooooh Nikki, you should NOT have said that. You should have demanded he was truthful of everything with you (if not on TV). That is just as bad as his avoiding conflict with women by saying "it's OK" even when it is not.

Like I've said numerous times here, Juan Pablo isn't an awful guy, but I certainly think it's valid to question his motives and state that he has several qualities that are quite negative. I think it's pretty clear that both he and Nikki have a lot of growing up to do. I hope it works out for them and that they can both genuinely be happy, although, I'm sure it would have been more beneficial to meet with a professional in private, away from the cameras considering Nikki doesn't like the negativity.

They are doing this to show the public that they are working at it and, hopefully, there will be less "negativity" towards them once we see more of them together on TV. Yeah... it is... weird. Yet I kinda "get it". Again, I suspect that there is some change for the better by the end of this show regarding the overall "tone" towards them. Not that we will all feel gooey about them and eagerly await wedding bells, but we will see them as a work in progress.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:32 pm

Ash2214 wrote:Gosh, my dislike for Juan Pablo has nothing to do with "sticking it to his employers" but it has do with making a woman that he supposedly cares for and that many here thinks he loves or will eventually love look like a brainwashed woman on live television. Nikki sat up there talking about how much she loved him, but he said nothing about her. If he didn't love her yet, so be it. It's better not to lie, but at the very least, talk about the qualities you love in her. Talk about how she's beautiful and caring and how he adored how much she's given to this relationship knowing that he wasn't at the same point yet. Nikki got nothing like that. For me, watching the ATFR was actually a bit disturbing. It was sad watching it. Nikki looked lost, sad and confused while he sat up there being pompous and pissed because he wasn't going to be on DWTS and because his ridiculous gay comment got him into trouble.

Very very well said Ash! I really suck at writing hence I can't say any better than this. JPa didn't have to say ILY or propose to Nikki, just some loving words to show that he cared for her. Nikki is a beautiful girl, not a piece of meat with no feelings...

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:41 pm

^^^
JBF, always a pleasure reading your post. Why are you so cute that even if I don't agree with you, I can't get mad at you? Have a great day JBF!

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:58 pm

It's OK. *chuckle chuckle*
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:16 pm

The One million-dollar question ---  if he had got  the gig on DWTS,  would he still have trashed his “boss”?  He could have gotten over $300K vs “only” $100K with CT. ---

Last edited by vivi2 on Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 pm

JBF wrote:

Some good points here, but Nikki hardly looked "brainwashed" to me. I am slowly beginning to figured her out though.

Also I wonder if all of these people really want to be on DWTS as much as we think they do. That may have just been a Sean "thang". Even Clare Bear was simply joking about the show on BIP. She wasn't serious.

He has a HUGE ego, but probably doesn't think he is better than women. If he were gay (and too "intense" for family hour per HIS words), his relationship with a guy would be much the same as it is with Nikki. He would still embarrass him in front of others on Couples Therapy by saying he has to "wait on" him like his daughter.

I belatedly have to agree with what Sharleen stated on Women Tell All. When he went on his date with Nikki in Panama, he suffered "buyer's remorse" because Clare was probably the frontrunner up to that point and now he had to figure out what to do next. Especially now that he went too far with her. Cue the silly song by the Lovin' Spoonful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QV6FpYfbn0

Threw in his daughter as a cover-up excuse without explaining his real reasons.

Oooohhhhh... I will be a little more sympathetic to Juan. Only a little... LOL!

It may just boil down to Juan not being sure "who" or "what" he wants. I still don't like his body language with Nikki. She is always showing HIM support, but I have yet to see him give her the same. Unfortunately, he seems too fault-finding and nit-picky. Could any partner, Nikki included, ever measure up to his exacting standards? There would always be something wrong with her.

"It's OK" simply means "I don't want to argue because I still think I'm right and you are wrong, but please don't overturn the furniture."

Now that we saw Clare post-Juan on BIP, it is obvious that she's "I am woman, hear me roar". Not entirely suited to men who don't want anything disrupting the SuperBowl. I am still scratching my head over how she went bonkers like she did over Zack, but... *chuckle chuckle*... Zack did remind me a little of Juan. Granted, he isn't as proud. Yet he couldn't handle angry women any better. I still think the Clare vs. AshLee battle was "the beginning of the end" in his eyes and not so much because "low drama" Jackie or Christy were other "options". (Remember Zack + Jackie? Zzzzzzzzzzz.)

Alas... Nikki needs to be more like Clare. Maybe hurl a lamp at him or something. I miss the "old" Nikki who fought Clare back in Miami, just as the latter fought AshLee in Mexico. Sadly, this "new" Nikki is so afraid of losing Juan by showing... *gasp*... the aggressive side to her.

Two episodes back when "Evel" Dick asked about the fantasy date overnights with Nikki's rivals, Juan acted all coy and nebulous and Nikki said she would rather "not know what happened". I instantly said to myself: Ooooooh Nikki, you should NOT have said that. You should have demanded he was truthful of everything with you (if not on TV). That is just as bad as his avoiding conflict with women by saying "it's OK" even when it is not.

They are doing this to show the public that they are working at it and, hopefully, there will be less "negativity" towards them once we see more of them together on TV. Yeah... it is... weird. Yet I kinda "get it". Again, I suspect that there is some change for the better by the end of this show regarding the overall "tone" towards them. Not that we will all feel gooey about them and eagerly await wedding bells, but we will see them as a work in progress.

I guess for me, seeing Nikki sit up on that stage looking sad, lost and confused was awful. Not to mention hearing her repeatedly say "I know it's coming" and "I know he'll tell me" in regards to hearing I love you was disturbing. He was making a fool out of her and she went along with it. She didn't have a single ounce of fight to stand up for herself, which she could have done without putting him down. He didn't say a single good thing about her when he could have. To me, I think one could say she looked like she was brainwashed, but that doesn't means she was. In my opinion, it looked like she was and she was doing what he told her to.

It's pretty clear he wanted DWTS and he had it at some point. He even referenced it on the ATFR without actually saying DWTS. He's also talked about it in interviews post all of the bachelor stuff.

I didn't say that he absolutely thinks he's better than women, but the way he acts around them certainly makes it seem that way and I think that's 100% valid to question. There are countless examples that I could use. Regardless of "buyers remorse" and so forth, do you think it's normal or right what he did to Clare? He embarrassed her and placed all of the blame on Clare. He wanted to make sure he got no blame for it and that's what happened. Clare felt like **** afterwards and in the media, Clare got most of the blame and had to deal with the "did she or didn't she sleep with him in the ocean?"

You basically proved my point with the it's OK. He used that phrase pretty frequently, not just with Andi. By you stating what you think it means, it shows that he always felt he was right, the woman was wrong and he didn't want to discuss anything further. I would find that to be a bit degrading knowing the man I'm interested in doesn't want to hear my point of view and basically I would just need to take it as his way or the highway.

You seem to state you know the reason as to why they're doing the show. How do you know that? None of us know them personally. There could be several reasons as to why they're doing it. One could be money. Another could be they want more fame. They could also be doing for their relationship. None of us truly know so I think it's silly seemingly stating as fact why they're doing it. I was simply poking fun at Nikki who made sure to mention she doesn't like interaction with fans that are positive or the negativity that comes from others. If that's the case, it probably would have been best to stay off of television where more people will either love you or hate you, which she doesn't like and see a professional behind closed doors.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:28 pm

Ooof! Don't know the reasons "why" they are doing the show. Just tossing suggestions out there.

Regardless of "buyers remorse" and so forth, do you think it's normal or right what he did to Clare?

Ugh! Said enough about THAT during his season. No, I was NOT a fan of Juan then.

It has taken a while... but I am trying my best to understand him. Either that or I am trying to figure out why Nikki is trying so hard with him.

Chris Soules' season has GOT to be easier to deal with! If nothing else, he is the least likely candidate I could see on DWTS.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm

JBF wrote:Also I wonder if all of these people really want to be on DWTS as much as we think they do. That may have just been a Sean "thang". Even Clare Bear was simply joking about the show on BIP. She wasn't serious.

Considering how many times Juan Pablo was showing off his dance moves during the season, I have no doubt he wanted to be on DWTS. I know he's latin and all, but still, it was obvious. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if that was his main reason for becoming the lead. That and the money. Finding a potential wife wasn't very high on the list as far as I could tell. I think he would've pulled a Brad and picked himself if it wasn't for DWTS. That's why in the ATFR he was like "See? I picked someone and we're in a relationship. Now give me my real prize! :angryemotion " I really don't think he was acting out because of his edit, because it wasn't that horrible. They only showed him being his own jerky self and since he never sees anything wrong with his own actions, I doubt he realised how douchey he came across. Hell, he and Nikki are still saying everyone hates him because he didn't propose, when that isn't the issue, it's how he was acting throughout the season AND on ATFR. I think he felt let down because he thought he'd kept his part of the deal and TPTB didn't, even though he messed things up himself with those stupid comments about gay people. There's nothing TPTB could've done at that point.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:43 pm

JBF wrote:Ooof! Don't know the reasons "why" they are doing the show. Just tossing suggestions out there.

Regardless of "buyers remorse" and so forth, do you think it's normal or right what he did to Clare?

Ugh! Said enough about THAT during his season. No, I was NOT a fan of Juan then.

It has taken a while... but I am trying my best to understand him. Either that or I am trying to figure out why Nikki is trying so hard with him.

Chris Soules' season has GOT to be easier to deal with! If nothing else, he is the least likely candidate I could see on DWTS.

I completely agree. Chris will be great for them, I think. It will be a nice change. I certainly don't think Juan Pablo is a bad guy, but he appears to be quite difficult to deal with. Nikki doesn't appear to be a walk in the park either, but Juan Pablo is a whole different story laugh out loud

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 49 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 31 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita