SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 3 of 49 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by umngirl Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:26 am

Linds911 wrote:So apparently Nikki deleted her Twitter because she didn't want to deal with negative comments that were to come once CT started..? Uh well she should have known that was going to happen when she signed up for the show. The negativity will always be around even when the show ends.

"If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen." Nikki is far from the first person from this show to get mean comments on social media. I've seen people wish contestants were dead, be racist towards contestants, call them horrible names, degrade their families, etc. Nikki needs to follow in their footsteps and either ignore it all or simply block people and move on. She seems to let the negativity affect her a lot, like responding back in a b!tchy tone to those who are mean. That just makes it worse. But it's probably for the best that she deleted her account otherwise she'd go crazy responding to the negative. Although I'm willing to bet she will still find a way to find the negative online whether it's through reading articles/comments about them or reading stuff sent to JuanPa. She strikes me as the type who will be the victim card and talk all about the people ganging up on her.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 87b72b10 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 86669110 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:31 am

blueblues wrote:
Linds911 wrote:So apparently Nikki deleted her Twitter because she didn't want to deal with negative comments that were to come once CT started..? Uh well she should have known that was going to happen when she signed up for the show. The negativity will always be around even when the show ends.
She has been struggling with the hateful tweets ever since The Bachelor aired. I don’t think anyone can tell how they would react to that before they experience it first-hand.
I guess she came to a point where it wasn’t worth it anymore.

I say good for her! You don’t have to be on Twitter to live a happy life.

IA, but twitter didn't do that to her, Juan Pabs actions and words did. Of course people had a negative reaction to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:49 am

Ugh, I only watched this trash because of the comments in the Andi and Josh thread and now I remember why I can't stand Juan Pablo. I'd already sort of forgotten and was thinking that if they're happy then good for them, but now I can't. It's not that he didn't propose or say ILY, I have no problem with that whatsoever. It's that he's super condescending and full of himself. All throughout the season he was treating the women like they're children. Apart from Sharleen perhaps, because there's nothing naïve about her, she had "mundo". But his way of "handling" the others was like I assume he handles his daughter. Grabbing their chin, telling them to stop crying, staring at them intently and smiling until they slowly smile back.... aargh. It really seems like he's a chauvinist who thinks women are childlike and not to be taken as seriously as men. Though I suspect he does take some women seriously, like his ex, because they've stood up for themselves and called him out on his BS. He just can't sustain a romantic relationship with them, because once they do stand up for themselves, they realise he's not worth it, or his ego is too hurt to handle it. I think he's the kind of guy who, as long as you love him more and show it, will always treat you like you need to prove your worth and you're lucky to be with him. Then once you get fed up and stop showing love, he suddenly starts chasing after you and thinks he's in love, even though he's just missing the ego boost really. That's why the whole Bachelor format was all kinds of wrong for him, because he simply can't fall in love with women who are chasing after him or take them seriously. He needs to be the one doing the chasing.

Then there's Nicki, who is in love and behind her realist facade secrectly thinks this is her great love story and it's all gonna be worth it in the end. The bad treatment by the producers and the general public just adds the romantic element of 'it's us against the world', like Romeo and Juliet. In her young romantic mind she's thinking she's gonna prove to all the naysayers that their relationship is real and then they'll "win" by living happily ever after. She's scared to really speak her mind to Juan Pablo, because that would reveal her true expectations, which don't align with what she's been saying, and deep down she's scared he'll react like he did with Andi and tell her it's ok. That he's sad to hear she's not happy, but it's best they just part ways. So she succumbs, and that in turn makes her childlike in Juan Pablo's eyes. She's the little girl eager to please him instead of the woman he wants to make his wife. I don't think his comment about her being his second daughter has anything to do with how long she spends getting ready, it's just how he sees her. I was thinking that during most of the season and at the beginning of this show too.

Well maybe in this "therapy" she'll finally speak her mind, because it's encouraged and she has a professional to back her up. That may in turn make JP take her more seriously and maybe develop some real respect. Who knows. I just don't think she can ever really "win", because he's no prize. Even if he does say ILY and propose, he's still the same egotistical macho man and she's gonna have to deal with it for the rest of her life. I hope she sees the light one day, sooner rather than later.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by Alanna Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:01 pm

mindless wrote:Ugh, I only watched this trash because of the comments in the Andi and Josh thread and now I remember why I can't stand Juan Pablo. I'd already sort of forgotten and was thinking that if they're happy then good for them, but now I can't.

[snipped for brevity]
ITA with this post. And I know this isn't a popular opinion but I loved Andi's smackdown to him after their FS because she didn't just stand up for herself, she REALLY stood up for herself and for his behavior in general. He tried to treat her like a little kid, playing her hair, etc., and she showed that not only can she take him on with no fear, but she'll beat him at his own game. I pretty much cheered for her, regardless of whether or not I initially agreed with her actions, just the fact that she did it for all the women on that season was awesome to me.

IA that Nikki is never going to "win" with him and he thinks she's a little girl that needs to be handled and told to stop whining. So sad. I don't know what her friends and family must think.

Big: You know, Manhattan has a lot of beautiful women.
Carrie: What an amazing observation!
Big: But the thing is, after awhile, you just wanna be with the one who makes you laugh.
~ Sex and the City

:dancingcupcake:

All the J’s all the time: #jash #Jo^3 #jaitlyn

#teamhannahB
Alanna
Alanna

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:21 pm

Alanna wrote:
mindless wrote:Ugh, I only watched this trash because of the comments in the Andi and Josh thread and now I remember why I can't stand Juan Pablo. I'd already sort of forgotten and was thinking that if they're happy then good for them, but now I can't.

[snipped for brevity]
ITA with this post. And I know this isn't a popular opinion but I loved Andi's smackdown to him after their FS because she didn't just stand up for herself, she REALLY stood up for herself and for his behavior in general. He tried to treat her like a little kid, playing her hair, etc., and she showed that not only can she take him on with no fear, but she'll beat him at his own game. I pretty much cheered for her, regardless of whether or not I initially agreed with her actions, just the fact that she did it for all the women on that season was awesome to me.

IA that Nikki is never going to "win" with him and he thinks she's a little girl that needs to be handled and told to stop whining. So sad. I don't know what her friends and family must think.

Great post Alanna!

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by bleuberry Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:25 pm

I feel bad for Nikki. JP just doesn't get it, nor does he try to.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 6rj59l

In a little glass church built from the inspiration of dreams,  their vows danced through the air 
like smoke from a vigil candle, consummating a love now deeply matured. -Zak Waddell
bleuberry
bleuberry

Back to top Go down

Post by vivi2 Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:27 pm

bleuberry wrote:I feel bad Nicki. JP just doesn't get it, nor he try to.

I agree. Nicki deserves the best.

vivi2

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:48 pm

stuckinsc wrote:

**snip**

One thing that was interesting last night was that they pointed out that Nikki and JPG's relationship is very young.  They had only been together 6 months.  These reality shows make the timeline on stuff like this so rushed and JPG was not a good choice for that as he is not one who is willing to rush.  In real life, how many of us had said ILY in the first six months of dating or had thought about getting married or moving in?  In real life that would seem fast to most people.  They had barely spent three total days together in the filming of the show.  

**snip**

IMO, six months is plenty of time to say ILY if, in fact, he loves her and the entire premise of why JP is unable to say those words is total BS.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by pander3575 Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:45 pm

I didn't think at the time of filming they had been together six months but more like 2. Of course with my memory others will know better.

pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:47 pm

^They would have been public for around 2-3 months, but over 6 months since the Bachelor finale had been filmed.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 87b72b10 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 86669110 Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 3 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by pander3575 Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:48 pm

umngirl wrote:^They would have been public for around 2-3 months, but over 6 months since the Bachelor finale had been filmed.
Thanks that's where I was getting confused.
pander3575
pander3575

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:40 pm

Amberish wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:

**snip**

One thing that was interesting last night was that they pointed out that Nikki and JPG's relationship is very young.  They had only been together 6 months.  These reality shows make the timeline on stuff like this so rushed and JPG was not a good choice for that as he is not one who is willing to rush.  In real life, how many of us had said ILY in the first six months of dating or had thought about getting married or moving in?  In real life that would seem fast to most people.  They had barely spent three total days together in the filming of the show.  

**snip**

IMO, six months is plenty of time to say ILY if, in fact, he loves her and the entire premise of why JP is unable to say those words is total BS.

Everyone moves at their own pace. I said ILY to my hubby long before he was ready to say it to me. I still tease him about the freakout when I said it.

I agree JPG was a poor choice for bachelor because he doesn't play in their time lines. BUT, we each process how we feel emotion differently. I can't knock him for not saying ILY until he is ready. Nikki can if she wants because she is in the relationship with him. The key to me is that he has been honest with her that he isn't going to say it until he is ready. She said he shows it and I agree.

I won't bother defending JPG or Nikki until the show is done, since there is no point. Those who hate him will see bad, those who hate here will see bad. I adore her and I like him, so I am keeping an open mind.

I have no problem with her deleting her twitter. To me it takes maturity to realize when you can't handle something and walk away.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 49 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita