SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 30 of 49 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 39 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by chinita Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:03 am

Ariela wrote:Nikki needs to go her way. I felt badly for her when she said: I am waiting for something JPG cannot give me (love).

I disagree with Dr. Jenn telling Nikki to be vulnerable and to continue this BS with JPG because IT will make Nikki stronger for any relationship....

I thought that the Truth Machine person called JPG out about sticking his tongue out (lying). JPG is there for FAME. Period.

If he wants to move to LA with Nikki, it's for TV opportunities, otherwise he'd be moving to Kansas City where Nikki has a good job....cuz he doesn't. People are mistaking JPG willingness to move to LA without his daughter, but with Nikki as though he's showing Nikki that he loves her. WRONGO. I still think that he wants to move (temporarily leave his daughter) to LA with Nikki to become famous....And that is why he's doing CT.

Nikki is SO temporary for JPG....

I think he's already famous enough for the whole world to judge him (negatively) :gotcha: Moving to LA doesn't make him any more famous. I think Nikki really wants to move there. IMO, the best thing is for Nikki to move to Miami. She can always find a job as a nurse there. Relationship is not perfect. You gotta win some and lose some.

chinita

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 30 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:19 am

JBF wrote:Y'know... I am exaggerating about his "perfectionist" streak. Obviously he is not a total Felix Unger.

Oh... did he really say that... "nothing wrong" with her? He certainly was nitpikky o'Nikki in earlier episodes.

She actually said what is wrong with me? He said nothing, it was to me said in a sweet way that to me I took as him saying it is his issue not hers. That it isn't that Nikki isn't good enough it is that he isn't there yet. There is a big difference between the two. I will say once again, not all people are fall in love at first site people and my greatest loves have been those that grew from like and friendship. Those I love too quickly tend to fade. But that is my experience.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:27 am

I am shocked at the level of hatred being spewed towards this couple and JPG in particular. If I was this hateful to Andi or Emily who I don't like, then wow, I am sorry to the fans as this is hard for me to read, it would have been hard for you to read if I was this bad.

JPG is not perfect, but he isn't a sociopath murderer. He is a man who likes attention, same as most who go on this show. I don't think he is any less genuine in his intentions than 50% of all the past bachelors. So why the complete hatred? I don't get it.

Nikki is an adult woman. She is educated and maybe a bit sheltered, but she is free to make choices for herself. JPG is not forcing her to do anything.

Sorry if this violates board policy, but I haven't seen this level of anger towards a person on these shows since Jef Holm and I was happy that we seemed to have moved past that. Oh well.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:08 am

I think it's great that JPG finally said that he doesn't love Nikki. She needed to hear that, because now they're at least in the same chapter, if not on the same page. I think she's been kidding herself since before ATFR that he does love her and just won't say it. She said as much on ATFR and on the first episode of this show, and that's set her up for constant disappointment. I wish he'd said that ages ago instead of dancing around the issue and claiming it's a language/cultural thing. I guess he didn't want to upset her, but he has been leading her on with the excuses and talk of wanting to live with her. He's not quite as honest as he thinks he is. Nothing wrong with not being there yet, but he shouldn't be confusing Nikki by talking in circles and saying he's gonna leave Camila for her. That shouldn't even be under consideration before MUTUAL love. They're both very tied to their places of residence, so moving will obviously mean a lot of sacrifices and it shouldn't be done before the love is there. I can understand her wanting to discuss it and make plans while thinking they're both in love, but JPG should've put the brakes on and it's hard to tell why he hasn't done that. Is it because he cares and doesn't want to hurt her or is it because he needs her to stick around for now so he can stay in the limelight? I'm not sure if he himself even knows. He just has that habit of talking in circles until the other person gets fed up with the conversation and it's very tiresome. I've been in Nikki's shoes, waiting for something to happen, discussing it often and getting my hopes up just to end up disappointed over and over again. It's just very detrimental. If he cares about her, then he should figure out what he really wants and tell her. If it's staying in a LDR for another year then so be it. She just needs to know, because their expectations are clearly very different. She can't make a decision she's fully okay with until she knows what to expect.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:39 am

mindless wrote:I think it's great that JPG finally said that he doesn't love Nikki. She needed to hear that, because now they're at least in the same chapter, if not on the same page. I think she's been kidding herself since before ATFR that he does love her and just won't say it. She said as much on ATFR and on the first episode of this show, and that's set her up for constant disappointment. I wish he'd said that ages ago instead of dancing around the issue and claiming it's a language/cultural thing. I guess he didn't want to upset her, but he has been leading her on with the excuses and talk of wanting to live with her. He's not quite as honest as he thinks he is. Nothing wrong with not being there yet, but he shouldn't be confusing Nikki by talking in circles and saying he's gonna leave Camila for her. That shouldn't even be under consideration before MUTUAL love. They're both very tied to their places of residence, so moving will obviously mean a lot of sacrifices and it shouldn't be done before the love is there. I can understand her wanting to discuss it and make plans while thinking they're both in love, but JPG should've put the brakes on and it's hard to tell why he hasn't done that. Is it because he cares and doesn't want to hurt her or is it because he needs her to stick around for now so he can stay in the limelight? I'm not sure if he himself even knows. He just has that habit of talking in circles until the other person gets fed up with the conversation and it's very tiresome. I've been in Nikki's shoes, waiting for something to happen, discussing it often and getting my hopes up just to end up disappointed over and over again. It's just very detrimental. If he cares about her, then he should figure out what he really wants and tell her. If it's staying in a LDR for another year then so be it. She just needs to know, because their expectations are clearly very different. She can't make a decision she's fully okay with until she knows what to expect.

I will say, love and feelings can grow and change. I think he has genuine affection and caring for Nikki, he just isn't to love yet. If she needs love now, then she should get out. If she can be happy with what he gives and give it the opportunity to grow then great. I will say that it is harder for love to grow over a distance, but it surely can.

I also think JPG being the kind of person he is was a terrible choice for the bachelor. You have to be willing to love quick and fast to be on the bachelor and so his hesitance was never, ever going to work in their formula. For me, I have taken longer than a year to fall in love. My husband and I had known and dated on and off for over a year when we decided we clicked and wanted to take a chance. For me I knew I loved him three months after that, it took him another three to get there. In that time, I moved to be with him, even before his ILY. I knew that his asking me to move for him was his way of letting me know that this was forever for him too.

We are obviously not reality tv people, but these are still real people and not every real person falls in love after having spent less than a week together, while others know right away. Neither is wrong or right, they are just different. I also wonder how many of these people who come off shows like the bachelor and such really love each other or have fallen in love, but that over time it grows into real deep love? I think JPG is the kind of guy who doesn't say ILY until it is the real deep thing. Falling in love to him isn't ILY. He adores Nikki, but he isn't committed for life to Nikki. Sorry, but I find nothing wrong with wanting to wait to say ILY until you know you really want to be with that person.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:52 am

stuckinsc wrote:I am shocked at the level of hatred being spewed towards this couple and JPG in particular.  If I was this hateful to Andi or Emily who I don't like, then wow, I am sorry to the fans as this is hard for me to read, it would have been hard for you to read if I was this bad.

JPG is not perfect, but he isn't a sociopath murderer.  He is a man who likes attention, same as most who go on this show.  I don't think he is any less genuine in his intentions than 50% of all the past bachelors.  So why the complete hatred?  I don't get it.

Nikki is an adult woman.  She is educated and maybe a bit sheltered, but she is free to make choices for herself.  JPG is not forcing her to do anything.  

Sorry if this violates board policy, but I haven't seen this level of anger towards a person on these shows since Jef Holm and I was happy that we seemed to have moved past that.  Oh well.

*sniff sniff* That was beautiful.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 30 Juan_p10

I dunno. I kinda enjoy reading some of the venom. At least HE isn't bothered. Only SHE... not that she would visit here unless I upload more Sesame Street videos.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:00 am

JBF wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:I am shocked at the level of hatred being spewed towards this couple and JPG in particular.  If I was this hateful to Andi or Emily who I don't like, then wow, I am sorry to the fans as this is hard for me to read, it would have been hard for you to read if I was this bad.

JPG is not perfect, but he isn't a sociopath murderer.  He is a man who likes attention, same as most who go on this show.  I don't think he is any less genuine in his intentions than 50% of all the past bachelors.  So why the complete hatred?  I don't get it.

Nikki is an adult woman.  She is educated and maybe a bit sheltered, but she is free to make choices for herself.  JPG is not forcing her to do anything.  

Sorry if this violates board policy, but I haven't seen this level of anger towards a person on these shows since Jef Holm and I was happy that we seemed to have moved past that.  Oh well.

*sniff sniff* That was beautiful.

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 30 Juan_p10

I dunno. I kinda enjoy reading some of the venom. At least HE isn't bothered. Only SHE... not that she would visit here unless I upload more Sesame Street videos.

Yeah, so I shouldn't post when I am tired. But, I just don't understand those who can't find anything redeeming in a person. To me there are only a few people who are truly evil in this world. JPG is not a Ted Bundy, he is just an egotistical male and to me he at least doesn't pretend to be anything else but who he is. You don't like him, that is cool, then don't watch him. I know I still haven't watched Emily's wedding video, because I don't like her and just won't spend the time.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:09 am

Great PRIDE creates great men... LOL!

Let's face it. Juan Pablooo is wwwaaaayyyyy more entertaining on VH1 than he ever was on ABC.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:38 am

stuckinsc wrote:
I will say, love and feelings can grow and change.  I think he has genuine affection and caring for Nikki, he just isn't to love yet.  If she needs love now, then she should get out.  If she can be happy with what he gives and give it the opportunity to grow then great.  I will say that it is harder for love to grow over a distance, but it surely can.

I also think JPG being the kind of person he is was a terrible choice for the bachelor.  You have to be willing to love quick and fast to be on the bachelor and so his hesitance was never, ever going to work in their formula.  For me, I have taken longer than a year to fall in love.  My husband and I had known and dated on and off for over a year when we decided we clicked and wanted to take a chance.  For me I knew I loved him three months after that, it took him another three to get there.  In that time, I moved to be with him, even before his ILY.  I knew that his asking me to move for him was his way of letting me know that this was forever for him too.  

We are obviously not reality tv people, but these are still real people and not every real person falls in love after having spent less than a week together, while others know right away.  Neither is wrong or right, they are just different.  I also wonder how many of these people who come off shows like the bachelor and such really love each other or have fallen in love, but that over time it grows into real deep love?  I think JPG is the kind of guy who doesn't say ILY until it is the real deep thing.  Falling in love to him isn't ILY.  He adores Nikki, but he isn't committed for life to Nikki.  Sorry, but I find nothing wrong with wanting to wait to say ILY until you know you really want to be with that person.

I'm not sure why you're telling me this, since I agree with most things you said. I don't think JPG should lie about loving Nikki or rush to say those words. It took me quite a while to fall in love with my SO too. Much longer than it did for him. I just think they both need to be clear with where they're at and what they want instead of burying their heads in the sand and hoping everything will magically sort itself out. JPG telling her he doesn't love her yet is a good start. He just needs to quit with the language/culture argument, because they're both talking about the same thing. Coming into this she was clearly thinking he does love her and that they'll start planning a move soon, while he was still at the "we'll see where this goes" stage. I have no problem with people moving before hearing ILY, if there's nothing major holding them back and they're confident about their commitment. However, that doesn't apply to these two. As far as I know he hasn't asked her to move, which would show commitment, and they both have a lot to lose if things don't work out. I think moving would be far too stressful in such an unsure stage. I hope Nikki realizes that too now that she knows he doesn't return her feelings yet. Though I sometimes wonder if Nikki truly loves him either. She might just be in love with the idea of them together.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by docnash14 Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:57 am

Amberish wrote:Well, we now know for certain that what RS has been telling us his sources have said all along is the truth. Juan Pablo isn’t in love with Nikki, never was and never will be. Nikki is no more than an extended booty call and meal ticket ... that's it.

How do we know this? Because that lying liar JPG stuck out his ugly little rodent-like tongue during interrogation with the interrogation expert. And, now, every time we see that thing sticking out from between his lips we know he's lying again.

Nikki is just a fool, just like Claire and at least Andi let that lying liar, Juan Pablo, have it.

Anyway, I'm curious. Is Nikki still the fool? Is she still flying around the country so she can spend time with the lying liar?

What I understood the "human lie detector" to say that sticking out your tongue is indicative of someone who is tense and anxious which can be due to his/her lying. I didn't take that to mean that it's unequivocal proof of lying. I don't see it any differently from the lie detector test taken by Andi's guys. An increased heart rate or a galvanized skin response indicates a physiological anxious reaction which may be suggestive of lying, albeit there are other factors that may also be causing the increase in anxiety.

docnash14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash2214 Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:04 am

It might just be me, but I don't think anyone here has said Juan Pablo or Nikki were awful human beings and what not. People here are calling them out on certain things, just like people have called out Sean & Catherine, Andi & Josh, Des & Chris etc.

I think people just find Juan Pablo's whole act foolish. For a long time he was telling whoever and Nikki he didn't love her yet because in his culture, it means much more, which is ludicrous and this is coming from someone who has family on my father's side that have come from many different parts of Europe. Now, it seems like Juan Pablo and others here are stating that it's good he hasn't told her yet because you shouldn't lie about feelings if you don't feel it. This is correct, however, if I'm doing this correctly, Juan Pablo met Nikki a year ago. In a little over a month, they will be an "official" couple for a year. They were finally able to go out in public in the beginning of March. Granted, all of this includes unusual circumstances, but regardless, he's known and been dating Nikki for a year. She has stood by him even when he made her look like a fool. If he doesn't feel like he loves her or is close to it after a year of dating, even with the unusual circumstances, and having her by his side through several idiotic moments then you know what, I doubt it will happen.

Nikki doesn't appear to be the easiest person to deal with, but bless her heart for trying. I think a lot of the points people make here are quite valid and they're worth asking and stating. Like I said, no one has bashed the two of them so badly that they seem like awful human beings, but rather, just as a whole, Nikki and Juan Pablo aren't in a very healthy relationship.

Ash2214

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas15 Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:44 am

joshfan wrote:but stephanies been engaged to nick dinsmore since 2009. How has she been with evel for 4 years? Her coldness towards him is all a show. I don't think they were ever together. She's on it for money and fame. When i tweeted this to evel he blocked me on twitter.....

Interesting. But perhaps not a "first" for Couples Therapy. Last season had Farrah Abraham (of Teen Mom and two porn films fame) - alone. The story went that Farah hired Brian Dawe to pretend to be her boyfriend so she could do the show but Brian got cold feet at the airport (waiting for his flight to do the show) and "stood her up" - so Farrah did the show alone.

Lucas15

Male Posts : 2809

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 49 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 39 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita