SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 41 of 49 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 am

I'm not watching, so thank you all for the recapping.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 41 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by stuckinsc Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:01 am

Amberish. I took it to mean that Nikki felt this way and didn't tell JPG.

I think both people are wrong in this relationship. I also think it was all about Nikki proving she could get JPG to love her. I don't think she ever really loved him, once they left the bubble, but she was going to succeed.

I generally don't care. They are both flawed as we all are and are obviously better off without each other.

Nikki is as guilty in all of this as JPG. That is my opinion.

The ladies in the house didn't like Nikki because of her attitude, not because of JPG. She was dismissive of Deena and acted like she was better than her. When others discussed genuine harsh life events, Nikki complained about high school and getting thrown off track for disobeying the rules.

There is good in Nikki, but what I saw on this show is a spoiled, sheltered little girl who still lives at home with mommy and daddy. Except for the illness that she sees in her patients, I don't think Nikki has seen that life can be hard.

JPG while having a laid back attitude is from a country with lots of hard times and strife. I think he understands that life can be very difficult and that the crap that Nikki fixates on just isn't important.

My dad was a lot like JPG in attitude. He liked to say that even when we had it rough, we were still pretty lucky.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But I think if you didn't like JPG, you see this as all his fault. I was neutral on JPG and Nikki, so I see them both having issues.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by SerenityGirl Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:26 am

I agree they both had issues and honestly now think they both stayed in the relationship after filming CT for the wrong reasons. Bali trip being one of them. Trip wouldn't have happened if they were broken up.

The one thing she said that I liked last night is that she didn't want to hear people say I told you so he's a douche because he's not. So even though he wasn't making her happy she still thought he was a great guy. Just not the guy for her.

SerenityGirl

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:05 pm

That was pretty much what Andi said too. She chewed him out on the show, but also said he was a good guy on Women Tell All.

Juan is a nice guy. 

Did he do the Bachelor to seek a prospective wife?

Well... let us put it this way. In the promos shown in the beginning, we hear ladies voice-over that he is "a good father" over shots of him with Camilla. Then we hear that he is "husband material" over shots of him exploding a champagn bottle on the soccer field, much as the "Rosebuds" exploded their beer bottles in the Connecticut gym shower during Andi's season.

That is up to the rest of you to interpret. I am done with Mike Fleiss' cute little freudianisms.

Apparently SOMETHING has kept Juan and Nikki together this long, whatever it is. They still act like they want to be together in front of Dr. Jenn. Do they want others to split them up instead of splitting themselves?
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:49 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:I'm not watching, so thank you all for the recapping.

Jetflicks added CT as part of their Reality TV offerings and strongly doubt Canadians are prohibited from viewing shows. However, I don't know for certain, but worth consideration. Although most shows aren't uploaded until 24 hours after broadcast, it's a fraction of the cost of Cable to watch on phones, tablets or iPads, even though you pay a little extra for adding on Reality TV and Children's programming.

I've been a subscribing member of Jetflicks for a couple years. It's legal, it's cheap, it doesn't screw up devices like those other sites we sometimes link to, and I like the flexibility. For example, I don't pay extra for cable HBO, because it's just not worth it, but can watch Veep via Jetflicks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jt.jtmobihd&hl=en

Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:45 pm

SerenityGirl wrote:I agree they both had issues and honestly now think they both stayed in the relationship after filming CT for the wrong reasons. Bali trip being one of them. Trip wouldn't have happened if they were broken up.

The one thing she said that I liked last night is that she didn't want to hear people say I told you so he's a douche because he's not. So even though he wasn't making her happy she still thought he was a great guy. Just not the guy for her.

I took this to mean, that she didn't want to be seen as the girl who was with the douchebag all that time and was fooled. To me she came off as not wanting to have been wrong about JPG.

It is just me, but I think Nikki fell in love in the bubble. It was maintained while in seclusion because they were hiding and it is exciting. Then the finale and AFTR and it wasn't easy to maintain that. I don't think they are right for each other, they communicate love very differently, so it was going to be a challenge for them to learn how to appreciate each other. Nikki may have given more, honestly, I neither know or care. It wasn't going to work for them.

As for JPG saying he wished he met her out of the bubble at a baseball game or something. I think if they had they would have dated a couple of weeks and realized it wasn't worth it.

I am glad they can both move on and find someone who might be right for each of them.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:20 pm

I'm certain many here haven't, but I read Courtney Robertson's book, and above and beyond everything else, what intrigued me mostly was that she and Ben were never a real couple, at all, and once they stopped trying as hard, their relationship completely fell apart. Thing is, Ben and Courtney were much more of a couple than Juan Pablo and Nikki have ever been.

I think Juan Pablo's reference of Nikki's big heart is who she is and it's her big heart that is protective of him and felt sorry for him, along with falling in love with him, which I think she did. With that said, Bachelor love isn't really falling in love for the long haul --- we should know by now that the real love and the real relationships or these couples begins after the show.

For the record, Couples Therapy's edit doesn't show much of Juan Pablo's face when he is talking about his feelings for Nikki --- in contrast to when he's talking about something else and I know this because I'm always looking for that darting tongue.

We've seen the playful side of Juan Pablo and no doubt he's a decent guy in many respects. But he's a liar, too, a lying liar as I put it; Nikki's concerns have not, nor have ever been, his priority.

To those that continue to argue Juan Pablo is a great guy or Nikki responsible for even as much as half of their relationship problems, I would like answers for these questions:

Why was it never a possibility that Nikki would move to Miami? Some have alluded to it being Nikki's decision not to move to Miami, and, if that is so, why? It seems to me far more possible that it was Juan Pablo that didn't want her moving to Miami.

Also, why would it have been reasonable for Nikki to leave her job and move to LA to couch surf with Juan Pablo at homes of his friends? Why wouldn't he commit to an apartment in LA?

Then, there is Nikki's current ongoing concern this last episode and that is, she wants to know if Juan Pablo's feelings for her are real. To that question, instead of answering, he pushes back as if insulted that she is suggesting he is phony.
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:38 pm

Amberish wrote:
To those that continue to argue Juan Pablo is a great guy or Nikki responsible for even as much as half of their relationship problems, I would like answers for these questions:

Why was it never a possibility that Nikki would move to Miami? Some have alluded to it being Nikki's decision not to move to Miami, and, if that is so, why? It seems to me far more possible that it was Juan Pablo that didn't want her moving to Miami.

Also, why would it have been reasonable for Nikki to leave her job and move to LA to couch surf with Juan Pablo at homes of his friends? Why wouldn't he commit to an apartment in LA?

Then, there is Nikki's current ongoing concern this last episode and that is, she wants to know if Juan Pablo's feelings for her are real. To that question, instead of answering, he pushes back as if insulted that she is suggesting he is phony.

Nikki is the one who said she would not move to Miami, she stated that she didn't look pretty in the humidity. Those are her exact words. Why didn't the move happen? I really don't know. It is all speculation. I don't think they ever even got to that point. Seeing them on CT, I don't think they were ever at a place to be ready to move to be with each other.

I think LA was if he did DWTS, when that didn't happen I don't think he wanted to move to LA.

She asks it after telling him she feels that same way Andi did. I actually thought Dr. Jenn was correct. They were both wrong.

To the LA question. Nikki is a 27 year old woman, if she really wanted to move, why could she not have found them an apartment? I managed to find my own place to live when I moved out of the dorms at 21 and have moved to cities I have never been to and found apartments to move into when I get there. It is not that hard.

I don't think JPG was innocent. My opinion is that JPG never felt that Nikki really loved him. Her words meant nothing to him.

Words are important to Nikki, she wants to hear ILY. That is okay.

Actions are important to JPG he wanted her to text him and call him and show him that she was thinking of him. She didn't. That is okay too.

Neither one of these two spent a lot of time thinking about if they were giving the other person what they needed, they spent all their time thinking about what they were getting.

I think they are both decent people who just weren't meant to be together.

I do take issue with Nikki not telling JPG what her issues were. We saw on the first or second episode of CT that JPG did discuss with Nikki that she did show her affection they way he wanted.

Everyone is entitled to feel the way they feel. But you can not blame another person if you don't tell them what is wrong. Nikki kept saying it was about ILY, which JPG kept trying to explain. I think the bigger problem was not ILY, it was that Nikki never felt that she was as important as JPG. That as she said last night it is all about him. If she said that and still didn't get what she needs then leave him. You should never have to stay in a situation that isn't good for you. But if you don't talk about it or you choose to stay, sorry that is your fault not the other person.

I know, I have done this. I didn't want to be divorced. It was the ultimate failure, so I pushed for a year and a half to try to "save" my marriage. Was that my ex-husband's fault? Nope, it was mine. He did crappy things, but he didn't force me to stay and put up with things that weren't good for me. That was all on me.

I refuse to think of either of these two people as victims. To me they are two people who had an attraction, but that never really grew out of the attraction phase. It happens. If they hadn't met on reality tv, it would be no big deal, but because they did, they probably stuck it out much longer than they should have. JMO

stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:01 pm

So... what is the final verdict? Has it been made official that they are split?

If that is the case, are we to conclude that going on this show was simply a way of helping their "image"? In other words, the masses will stop being judgmental of them since they have said what they needed to say on a TV show... just like Dick discussing his "condition" and Jenna discussing her troubled childhood so we can stop judging them too? Does Nikki simply want us to know that Juan is not a d-bag, but still be "given permission" by Dr. Jenn to split up with him?

Just asking the questions. Not confirming for myself.

This brings back fond memories of Emily Maynard getting to "boo hoo" for Chris Harrison after her split with Brad Womack without explaining exactly "what went wrong" but still fussing about "Public Reaction" just as Nikki often does. Brad didn't want to admit that he chose Emily, knowing fully well that she would want an "out", just so he could repeat what was done on his first season and not get attacked by "All Of America". Emily's reward was to be the next post-Ashley Bachelorette. Also they didn't want a couples interview like... Jake and Vienna.

This is getting ridiculous (and don't get me started on Ben and Courtney). I'll bet they have lawyers and media professionals plan how The Great Split will be done post-Bachelor/ette show.

Moan... I sure hope Chris Soules has a NORMAL season. If that many seasons in the past have been... normal.

Uh hmm... this is the point where Lucas15 is supposed to chime in.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:17 pm

I think we'll eventually learn the truth behind the Miami story.

Moving to LA was part of the CT show, both on air and a clip where Nikki complained that Juan wanted the two to move to LA together, but wouldn't commit to getting their own place, instead, living together while staying with his friends. (Could be a cultural thing for him, I guess.) She was upset that he expected her to quit her job and relocate without any concrete plans.
Amberish
Amberish

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:42 pm

Amberish wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:I'm not watching, so thank you all for the recapping.

Jetflicks added CT as part of their Reality TV offerings and strongly doubt Canadians are prohibited from viewing shows. However, I don't know for certain, but worth consideration. Although most shows aren't uploaded until 24 hours after broadcast, it's a fraction of the cost of Cable to watch on phones, tablets or iPads, even though you pay a little extra for adding on Reality TV and Children's programming.

I've been a subscribing member of Jetflicks for a couple years. It's legal, it's cheap, it doesn't screw up devices like those other sites we sometimes link to, and I like the flexibility. For example, I don't pay extra for cable HBO, because it's just not worth it, but can watch Veep via Jetflicks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jt.jtmobihd&hl=en

Thanks for this!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71450

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:44 pm

Amberish wrote:I think we'll eventually learn the truth behind the Miami story.

Moving to LA was part of the CT show, both on air and a clip where Nikki complained that Juan wanted the two to move to LA together, but wouldn't commit to getting their own place, instead, living together while staying with his friends. (Could be a cultural thing for him, I guess.) She was upset that he expected her to quit her job and relocate without any concrete plans.

I believe JPG was willing to move to LA for DWTS and probably lost enthusiasm once that went away. But it was like "their" plan so it was discussed as a thing.

I don't think JPG really wanted to leave his daughter and should have been honest.

But, if Nikki wanted to move she could have found an apartment and a job. So I think they both liked being able to discuss and blame the other when neither made any concrete actions to make it happen.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 49 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 45 ... 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita