SELECT CONTENT

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Page 48 of 49 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 48 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by Guest Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:29 am

Sorry for you loss Bashful. I pray for fortitude to bear this loss.

Back to top Go down

Couples Therapy  - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion - Page 48 Empty Re: Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

Post by JBF Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:07 am

It was awfully cute the way the editors threw us a curve-ball in next week's preview with Juan opening up his ring for Nikki... and making us think he may propose or something...
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:48 am

JBF wrote:It was awfully cute the way the editors threw us a curve-ball in next week's preview with Juan opening up his ring for Nikki... and making us think he may propose or something...

Yah, that looked sliced and diced......

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:24 am

It would be somethin'-somethin' if that Bali trip was a post-engagement honeymoon and the two are bamboozling Reality Steve and the masses thinking they are kaput.

What cracks me up is how "affectionate" they appear on screen NOW (at least for the cameras)... and with her practically sitting on his lap and behaving like there is so much chicka-boom-boom going on behind closed doors. All of this is because Dr. Jenn gave them permission to "walk away" from this relationship without feeling the other is a "bad" person. 

As everybody says on this silly show: "a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I can move on".

Ha ha! This show is no longer about "Couples" Therapy. It is all about...

... Jenna coming to terms with deceased mommy and her hard-hard childhood. Her joke about being more of a "man" than Chris could apply equally to John since Jenna doesn't realize how aggressive and masculine she really is... compared with a great many, many men. Any man trying to dominate her will get fried to a crisp. That is why she gets along with John. He handles her like a pitbull.

Dick getting over the HIV stigma is all HIS problem. Stephanie's role as his "chaperone"  is now over since Mike Dow decided to work for his paycheck and "go to lunch" with Dick's new "inspiration" dude. She, in turn, is regulated to being an Extra Head in group scenes.

Treach is OK with Cicely (I guess), but she is nothing more than his shoulder to lean on when confronting his long-lost Daddy. In fairness, Cicely does get the most screentime as a narrator.

Probably because the Deena/Chris situation is so... normal (i.e. lots of guys struggle with a career and "finding themselves" and lots of gals "wear the pants"), they only started getting SOME screen time this episode. Humorously, that is the couple I feel is in most need of having a baby. I think Chris will be a great home-daddy and gain back some of his self esteem lost by hypercritical family members (I can't believe Deena brought them up as "siding" with her). Maybe he could use Mike's job, sitting and listening to others' problems. Remove Chris' ear-ring and these two could pass as twin brothers.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by metalgirl Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:07 pm

The ring in question looked like a wedding band. Not that an engagement ring can't be plain, but it seems unlikely.

Maybe it's a promise ring. As in Juan Pablo saying "I promise to think about thinking about maybe possibly saying I may want to maybe keep hanging around you for a while. When it's convenient. And we're on camera. "

JBF - I totally agree with the Jenna personality assessment. She absolutely has bigger balls than any of the guys on that show.
metalgirl
metalgirl

Female Posts : 988

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:57 am

I felt bad for Chris, since I can relate to not having a dream job or knowing what the hell you want to do for the rest of your life. It's not easy to find out either in this day and age, when you can't just walk into a good job and see if you like it. I wanted to smack JPG, when he kept insisting without listening to what Chris wanted to say. JPG quit his own dream job to be a stay-at-home daddy and then got some hobby jobby following baseball players around. Wouldn't want career advice from him.

Treach and his father were touching, but I can't help wondering if he was crying about the prospect of losing his son again or about the prospect of never benefiting from his fame even though he had the chance. Oh well. The preview sure didn't look good. Treach clearly has some serious anger management issues.

If there really is a ring, then it's obviously some promise ring the show gave JPG to give to Nikki, so they'd have a "happy" ending. Too bad the cat's already out of the bag and everyone knows it amounted to nothing.
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:13 pm

Chris comes off as rather shy and not too camera-grabbing like the others... especially "gotta luv me" Juan Pablooo. I agree with Juan getting carried away "advising" Chris as if he is the best role model. When you have so much self confidence and an ego to match, it is not surprising.

Chris just needs to stand up to others better. When Deena "maternally" critiques him (which she loves to do as if she is his hypercritical mommy), he mostly agrees to avoid any argument. Jenna's "being more of a man" joke is typical of HER, but she is used to fighting others to have her own way. My guess is that Chris didn't JUST have a daddy to rebel against. Sounds like (from the brief conversation with Deena) that his whole family puts him down a lot.

He does come off as the sensitive and caring type (a real "softie"), who probably would be a better listener of other peoples' problems than even Dr. Jenn.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by glazedover Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:10 pm

I wish someone would just tell Chris to pick something he might like and see where it goes. Too many people get caught up in finding the right "forever" job or career and being paralyzed. I have had three careers. Happy to have walked away from the other two when I was ready, and open for the next one to come along, which it did. Someone once told me, you have to jump off the cliff and trust that the parachute will open. It does, if you are willing to put your heart into it, or flexible enough to keep going with something while you find the right thing. I know that might sound priggish, but I went through all the agonies just like everyone else and found that it was what I had to do to make my life work and find happiness. I'm sure there are others here who would say the same, Stuckinsc for example.

glazedover

Female Posts : 751

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:19 pm

glazedover wrote:I wish someone would just tell Chris to pick something he might like and see where it goes. Too many people get caught up in finding the right "forever" job or career and being paralyzed. I have had three careers. Happy to have walked away from the other two when I was ready, and open for the next one to come along, which it did. Someone once told me, you have to jump off the cliff and trust that the parachute will open. It does, if you are willing to put your heart into it, or flexible enough to keep going with something while you find the right thing. I know that might sound priggish, but I went through all the agonies just like everyone else and found that it was what I had to do to make my life work and find happiness. I'm sure there are others here who would say the same, Stuckinsc for example.

Totally agree. Sometimes you just take a chance and live and learn.

I like Chris and Deena and hope they figure it out. He is very young, which I appreciate, I have always preferred younger men as well. Hugesmile I think they have a good base to build on. My hubby is crazy for having his back rubbed and whatever I do is never enough. I totally felt Deena with that.

I feel for John, Jenna needs so much work on her own.

I do confess when Nikki spoke up to Chris, I just wanted to smack her. She spent the whole time hiding from her problems and now she wants to tell others what to do? Not buying what she is selling.

So the ring was too little too late or have JPG and Nikki been playing us? Really Nikki and Andi the best way to see each other is at a very public event for less than 24 hours? Young and stupid is not charming to me.

As for JPG and Chris, Chris was just giving excuses, I am like JPG because I have done that to people trying to tell me why they can't do something when it is just hiding from doing something. Apparently, I am a pompous jerk, or just do better in person and I should never go on tv. Good thing I have no plans to ever go on tv. Hugesmile
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by livlafluv1 Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:29 pm

So, from the clip, JP gives nikki a ring "not an engagement ring" one that she liked on Instagram. And then she gets to watch someone sitting right beside her get proposed to. Gee, CT must have been a boatload of fun for her. At least she got paid.
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:00 am

... and there was sssoooo much build-up in the previews suggesting Juan would actually propose... while Jenna and John were simply shown fighting and bickering.

Gotcha! Ha ha!
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by livlafluv1 Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:03 am

JBF wrote:... and there was sssoooo much build-up in the previews suggesting Juan would actually propose... while Jenna and John were simply shown fighting and bickering.

Gotcha! Ha ha!
Guess Nikki blew that build up out of the water for them with her Insta quote. Lol clapping!
livlafluv1
livlafluv1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 48 of 49 Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Couples Therapy - Season 5 - Premier Sept 10 2014 - General Discussion

+40
SerenityGirl
glazedover
smartcat
jojo47
chinita