SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor Canada - Tim Warmels - Media - Blogs - Tweets - *Spoilers*- NO Discussion

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor Canada - Tim Warmels - Media - Blogs - Tweets -  *Spoilers*- NO Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Tim Warmels - Media - Blogs - Tweets - *Spoilers*- NO Discussion

Post by chrissy1295 Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Sharleen Joynt ‏@sharleenjoynt  
@konapel [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Smiley

Sharleen Joynt on Bachelor Canada: Finale Part 1

Nov 12, 2014

I’ll resist the very tempting “Trouble in Tahiti” jokes and state upfront that last night’s episode surprised me. It’s no secret that all season long I’ve believed April would be the last lady standing, but it hadn’t occurred to me that she herself might be the one to get cold feet, à la Brooks (or yours truly).

April’s conundrum is age-old in the Bachelor world. Is it really possible to truly fall in love and get engaged in the course of eight or so weeks? I mean, real love that stands a chance of lasting in the real world. Not contrived, made-for-television love, cooked up by über-romantic dates and fantasy suites, which doesn’t last after the alternate reality bubble bursts. Most reasonable viewers tend to have their doubts and the show’s abysmal track record of successful marriages doesn’t exactly dispel them.

Throughout the episode April was dropping one dose of healthy pragmatism after another, including:

“The thought of him choosing Trish after he’s made me feel so much confidence in our connection… is what makes me so fearful of just letting go.” (What intelligent person wouldn’t think this?)

“Time passes and he spends time with another girl, and… things change.”

Funny how April, with all her perfectly valid fears and doubts, is not ideal for television. Shouldn’t these practical thoughts win us over? Isn’t she voicing what we’re all thinking? Yet, I’d wager many viewers are sick of her waffling, saying things like, “Hasn’t she seen this show before?” and “She knew what she was getting herself into.” But, whether you go on this show and are eliminated the first night or end up engaged, it’s never what you expected. And in April’s case, I doubt she expected to transform from a mature young woman to a frightened child over the course of a one-hour episode.

Even though I still think April and Tim are best together, last night’s episode stirred up some doubts of my own. So I’ll amend my prediction…

(Photo: CityTV)
(PHOTO: CITYTV)

If April stays, April “wins”: While watching the show, I write notes that I can refer to later. Last night, during Tim and April’s one-on-one, I wrote: “Based on the fact that Tim is encouraging April to let her guard and walls down, he has to pick her.” They toasted to trust, for pete’s sake. Would Tim—or any conscionable person—really stress trust so much if he was not going to choose her? My theory is the same with April’s “I want to go home” cliffhanger.

April has more reservations about the process than she can keep track of and doesn’t want to “deal with thinking about how she’s feeling anymore.” She’s obviously not thriving in the Bachelor process. If Tim convinces April to stay, he’d have to be the biggest douche in the world not to pick her.

Some viewers might say he just likes April for the chase. Please. April is beautiful and complicated and, when she lets loose, very funny. Tim has seen something in her from day one. As I said two weeks ago, the magic word is “intrigue”—not “chase.”

If April goes, Trish “wins,” but not by default: I don’t think Tim would ever pick a girl just because the other went home. I truly believe that if April goes home, it’s because Tim lets her. And if Tim lets her go, it’s because he’s fallen for Trish. This would make Trish a Catherine Lowe-calibre dark horse!
chrissy1295
chrissy1295

Female Posts : 436

Back to top Go down

Bachelor Canada - Tim Warmels - Media - Blogs - Tweets -  *Spoilers*- NO Discussion - Page 4 Empty Re: Bachelor Canada - Tim Warmels - Media - Blogs - Tweets - *Spoilers*- NO Discussion

Post by Guest Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:06 am

Cute Article!! Nice pics..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:09 am

Putting the video here too.

guys i've tried to reorganize the meltdown scene in the original order going by their positioning during the scene they've showed us and here is what i come up with.

ETA: better with transitions! so sorry for all the changes

i've removed the voice over when i could just to have not edited version as possible.
i don't know, it may give us a better idea on how the scene will continue or finish.

anyway
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by djogbenyuie Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 pm

There is a blog were articles about both girls blogs have been written.
Here is the link for Trish's one

And the link for April's

Here is a part of April's one:
So I went to April’s blog to look for clues and I think it’s quite telling. If you look closely you notice that she never specifically addresses her feelings about Tim. Instead she ambiguously describes her ‘fairytale romance’. Everything she says here could be true, but none of it means that she is in love with Tim. So unless they are intentionally tricking us I think there is a good chance that April self-eliminates next week before the rose ceremony.
They then cite the blog we've seen and they added:

If true, really it makes Tim’s job a lot easier, right? But it would be a Bachelor first. We have never had a finalist walk off on the finale!!! I can not believe that CityTv is making us wait a week to find out!!!

So weird that they didn't realized what that blog means. Especially since she was talking about their future journey together and all.
djogbenyuie
djogbenyuie

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:04 pm

AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:28 pm

IG handles for F5
Sachelle @sbvee
Trish @dougcannon85
April @bettiebrock  ** updated to @bettiebrockman
Lisa @asil_zcar
Kaylynn @taylorrrr8

AllAboutLove wrote:
Do we have a post somewhere of the F5 contestant's SM handles? Would be helpful if someone can post them. TIA.

Facebook: (all are private, past few days even more so)
Lisa Racz  https://www.facebook.com/lisa.m.racz (Profile pic= 4 Sept, Cover pic=6 Sept)
Sachelle Violette  https://www.facebook.com/sachelle.violette (Profile pic=unknown, Cover pic =2012)
April Brockman  https://www.facebook.com/april.brockman (Profile pic=unknown, Cover pic =2012)
Trisha https://www.facebook.com/trisha.vergo (Profile pic=unknown, Cover pic= 1 Oct)
Kaylynn https://www.facebook.com/klynn.taylor.7  (Profile pic= 27 Aug, Cover pic=2013)
There is also a closed Facebook group '- BETTYS - BACHCAN FAMJAM Season 2' with all F5 girls  https://www.facebook.com/groups/279402132260051/ 

F5 Instagram: 
Lisa Marie Racz http://websta.me/n/asil_zcar
Sachelle http://websta.me/n/sbvee  
April Brockman http://websta.me/n/bettiebrockman
Trisha [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Kaylynn http://websta.me/n/taylorrrr8

Last edited by AllAboutLove on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:08 pm

The Maclean’s Bachelor panel: One bachelor, three critics, countless possibilities.

Sonya Bell:

Something is definitely amiss if the three little words you whisper to your date over a sunset dinner in Tahiti are, “I don’t know.”

On Tuesday night, Tim took April and Trish to the South Pacific, where each woman got one last dream date, one stressful encounter with his parents, and—next week—one shot at a big ring.

But April couldn’t offer Tim much more than “I don’t know” after he asked her how she felt about a possible marriage proposal.

“I’m still trying to figure that out. It’s a huge step and I’m really nervous to take that step,” she said. “I don’t know that I’m ready yet.”

This confuses me. If I were drinking white wine in Tahiti after spending a day on a yacht, I’d look Tim in the Aviators and say, “Yeah, what the hell, let’s get married. My wife will understand.”

April’s lack of enthusiasm for marriage was matched only by her lack of enthusiasm for spending the night with Tim in the fantasy suite. She gave that one an, “Aye yai yai.” Although she ultimately accepted, by the next day, she was in a panic, wondering if she should leave Tahiti altogether.

I think that, for a few weeks now, it’s been clear that Trish is the Bachelorette for Tim. Their date in Italy was a game-changer. Ever since then, Tim has seemed happiest around her. They spend their time getting to know each other, not struggling to get to know each other.

Trish reminds me a bit of Kara, the fun, kind, open-hearted Bachelorette on the first Bachelor Canada season who finished third behind Bianka and Whitney. I remember it bothered me that Brad had gone on and on about wanting someone who was communicative and ready for commitment, and then, instead of Kara, went for Bianka. (That season’s April, if you will.)

Maybe—like Brad—Tim will choose the more mysterious woman, lured in part by the very challenge of winning her trust. Here’s why he shouldn’t: There’s a ring involved.

There’s a post that’s been making the rounds on Facebook by a guy named Mark Manson. (Colin, Aaron: no judging me on getting my relationship advice from Facebook.) It’s called Love is Not Enough and basically argues that relationships fail when couples idealize love and ignore their actual compatibility.

“Just because you fall in love with someone doesn’t necessarily mean they’re a good partner for you to be with over the long term,” Manson writes.

Tim clearly has real feelings for both April and Trish, but he’s only demonstrated real compatibility with Trish. The fact that she quickly won over both of his parents is the icing on the cake. I think she’s his best shot at a meaningful, long-lasting relationship.

Colin, Aaron, who has your vote?

Colin Horgan:

Did you notice how little time there was for subtlety this week? And I’m not just talking about the invitations to the fantasy suites.

It started (or was most obvious) when Tim and April were on the yacht. Tim decided it would be a good idea to simply jump off the side of the boat into the immaculate blue South Pacific Ocean below. April was hesitant, but finally, with Tim holding her hand, she took the plunge. And, just in case you didn’t pick up on the importance of it, Tim was quickly there to lay it all out: “I feel like we’re on the verge of a whole new level,” he said. “I just want her to have the courage to do what I feel like she wants to do, and that is to take leaps of faith together.”

Geddit?

I was surprised by how much this bothered me. I think my problem with it, in the end, is that it reinforces a falsehood inherent in all reality television—the thing that makes it most unreal: that nothing falls in a grey area for too long. It can’t. Otherwise, the whole thing falls apart.

Since we are willfully and gradually groomed to accept this as reality, we are, eventually, more prone to seeing those elements that reinforce this world view as positive. Hence, Trish, who is more outgoing, more obvious in her intentions and feelings on TV, comes across better. April, on the other hand, is a huge question mark. She is guarded. She has questions. So, she seems a bad fit.

Weirdly, though, she is just as certain about many things as Trish is. It’s just that the things of which she is certain guide her to a different conclusion than the one that’s expected.

“I know I want to be with you, I know that I want to be in all these moments with you, I know that I love so much about you. And I don’t want any of this to end,” April tells Tim on the yacht, definitively. But while Trish would add all that up to equal True Love and Marriage, April reaches a different answer. “I don’t know that I’m ready yet. I’m nervous. I’m afraid to trust or I’m afraid of how big a step it is. It feels like, very quick, with everything, and I’m like, still wondering whether things are like, y’know . . .”

“Real?” Tim offers.

“Yeah, real,” April responds.

I asked a fairly weird question last week: Where does reality end and reality begin? I’d be content pointing to this exchange and saying this is where the rift shows. Because in real reality—this world, not the one on TV—April’s doubts are completely rational questions, ones that any normal person would ask herself if, after only dating a man for a few weeks (while he was dating other women), he suggested he might soon propose. This, perhaps, is what April is ultimately struggling with. In that moment, she has not given herself over completely to this alternative reality.

This becomes all the more apparent after she meets Tim’s parents, and returns to her cabin in a state of emotional panic. After trying in vain to articulate all her concerns and worries (forgetting, it seems, that she’d just done so the day before), April finally blurts out: “I don’t want to deal with thinking about how I’m feeling anymore.”

This is an amazing sentence. I enjoyed it so much, I listened to it three times. April’s frustration is understandable, but she is forgetting something very important: Thinking about how you are feeling is . . . living. It is human existence itself. To achieve that level of existential relief, you pretty much have to be dead. Ask Descartes.

But it’s too real for reality TV. It disrupts the construct. And so, instead of these thoughts about feelings getting the treatment they usually would—namely, the time to consider them—they are immediately seen as being troublesome. Why? Because thinking about your feelings too much is to effectively give up on the entire premise of this program, the world that you have accepted as reality for weeks, the world where ambiguity doesn’t exist. April is all subtext. That can’t work here.

So, to finally answer your question, Sonya: This is a game show for people prepared to fall in love in a month and believe that to be a reasonable thing. Trish can do that. Tim can do that. April cannot. Or can’t yet. At the moment, it looks like Trish is the one.

Aaron Wherry:

Three things off the top.

First, I’m happy we got a Descartes reference in.

Second, this episode reminds me that there was (still is?) a carbonated beverage called Tahiti Treat.

Third, I would watch a two-hour compilation of clips of bachelors and bachelorettes being presented with their fantasy suite invitations. Those 60 to 120 seconds of reading the card aloud—“Should you choose to forgo your individual rooms, please use this key to stay as a couple in the fantasy suite”—and then trying to configure a response that is not completely embarrassing and then making the awkward walk to the sex place fantasy suite amount to some of the greatest moments in television history. All of it is amazing.

The language of the invite is hilarious. Forgo? As a couple? Fantasy suite? Fantastic. This is the classy Victorian way of writing, “Would you like to have sex with this person? Please check yes or no.” It’s amazing that this is televised.

The reader of the card then has to nuance a response that somehow glosses over the implied physical act. Almost always, because the answer is almost always yes, there proceeds a walk to the suite, possibly an establishing shot of a bed, and then, finally, an exterior shot of the room as the light goes out. (Obviously, kids, it’s been a long day and the nice man and woman have decided to call it an early night.)

The whole thing is so excruciating and silly and crazy. Each season, the Bachelor or Bachelorette has a week, on the verge of the moment in which a proposal might be made to just one lucky winner, in which he or she presents two or three members of the opposite sex with a note that suggests they have sex. The card is read aloud at the dinner table by the man or woman who must then answer, with the implied result being that they have sex, cameras following them as they go to the place where they will seem to have have sex.

Each year, television produces dozens of great moments, but I’m not sure anything is mind-bogglingly perfect as those fantasy suite invitations. Parents, never mind Descartes. Never mind the great moments of live sports or politics or the genius of scripted dramas. Gather the kids around for next season’s fantasy suite invitations. That’ll give the little ones something to think about and remember.

As for April, I, too, was struck by how acknowledging reality she fell apart within this show’s reality. Is it kind of messed up that you have to think about accepting the wedding proposal of this dude you just met on a television show? Yup. I would want to go home, too.

Mind you, I was also fascinated by Tim’s desire to somehow work things out. Is he really still unsure of which way he wants to go here? Was he possibly leaning toward picking April before she fell apart? Does he just really hate seeing people upset? Is he not simply a television character, but also a basically well-meaning guy? If he convinces her to stay, can he possibly not pick her?

Anyway. I kind of hope the shows end next week with news that not only will we get the televised wedding of Tim and Whoever, but that, on the undercard will be the wedding of Lisa and the Italian Bartender She Kissed.

The Maclean’s Bachelor panel: One bachelor, three critics, countless possibilities.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:05 pm

So here we are, nearing the end of our journey with Tim. Based on my plea in my recap last week, hoping against all hope that he would not embarrass us all by putting a ring on it by season's end, you can only imagine how much I cringed hearing him claim within the opening reel that he's sure, without a doubt, that the woman he's meant to spend the rest of his life with is here. In Tahiti.

Really? Really?

He tests his theory first with Trish, who clearly has a much more natural rapport with him than April (not a hard record to beat, mind you) and the two set off on a picturesque horseback ride through the Tahitian mountains. Tim makes a statement as sweeping as the views surrounding them by claiming that Trish is special because "any other girl would have only ridden a horse for a minute." Really? Any other girl? I can only speak for myself, but I'd clippety-clop the s**t out of that mountain. It's not like she's shark diving!

After Trish's horse almost takes off on them, they park for a picnic, where they have a bit of an awkward silence, she tells him how strongly she feels for him, he has that look on his face like he's about to take a dump right then and there (which I've come to know is actually a look of affection on his part), he throws in a quick forehead press aaaand ... scene!

At dinner, they enjoy some more conversation and then comes the obligatory fantasy suite date card reading, where the couple pretends to be surprised by the proposition of staying the night together even though this is like the 300th season of "The Bachelor." It came as no surprise that the card wasn't signed by Tyler Harcott, like U.S. "Bachelor" host Chris Harrison does. They'd be all like "Who?" Tim and Trish head off into their gorgeous suite so they can finally press more than their foreheads against each other and call it a night.

And then there's April's date. In some ways, I actually want to applaud this girl, because she's having the doubts she should be having at this point. She's panicking over the notion of being engaged to a guy she is barely ready to call her boyfriend -- and she's not even sure how much she likes him. The most she can muster is a "Nice to see you!" when they are finally reunited before setting sail on their yacht.

Their time on the yacht is sweet and intimate and they finish it off with the obligatory acknowledgement that jumping into the ocean together is a metaphor for taking a leap of faith, trusting one's instincts, feeling safe, giving in, yada, yada yada. It's reflected upon every season, any time any couple jumps out of or into something or conquers a common fear together. April isn't sure if she's actually ready for that leap of faith -- and she says as much over dinner when he asks her point-blank if she's ready for a proposal. But when the date card rolls around later that night, she's clearly ready to take the leap into his pants.

The next day, Tim is pumped to introduce Trish to his parents and I swear, I thought his mom was going to do the forehead press to her too. I wasn't sure if it was the filming that was awkward or if it was actually that weird in the room, but once Trish and his mom have their alone time, even with Trish calling her a drowned rat, they seemed to have bonded and all looks good to go. As much as Trish nailed the meeting of the parents, that's how much of an epic fail April's visit was. With every minute she sat on that couch, she seemed to get younger and younger, and I honestly wanted to cradle her in my arms and whisper "It's not your fault" repeatedly by the end. There's not giving good answers to questions and then there's literally forgetting how to speak. What was Tim thinking? I sort of applaud him for trying to lighten the mood by popping the wine but at the same time, what's he thinking? This is your potential future wife? Coping skills are not exactly her strong suit.

It's no surprise that later on, Tim is called to her hotel room, where he basically finds her in the fetal position humming Disney tunes. The music they played as he waited for her to answer the door reminded me of an "America's Most wanted" re-enactment, and I'm sorta feeling like if we keep April trapped in this situation too much longer, she'll be on that list one of these days.

If she does end up checking out of paradise early, it won't be the first time someone picked their fiancée by default (ahem, ahem, Desiree). The question is, how convincing will it be? I guess we'll find out next week on Part 2 of "The Bachelor Canada" Season 2 finale.

'Bachelor Canada' Season 2 Finale Part 1 Recap: Gearing Up For Proposal

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:08 pm

Jennifer Selinger ‏@jenadvisor 9h9 hours ago Toronto, Ontario

Bachelor Canada reunion in the TDot! Love these girls! Miss you guys already❤️

Back to top Go down

Post by AllAboutLove Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:47 am

Brad Smith on the 'Bachelor Canada' Finale: I told you so! And my Q&A with Tim Warmels

The rationale behind me writing this Bachelor Canada blog for Hello! Canada is that I have a unique perspective, having been there myself. It clearly has nothing to do with my next-level prose and ability to seamlessly marry seemingly super-intelligent and inanely idiotic insights! But more than that, I get to be an advocate for both sides of this interesting equation. Defending the reality TV aspect of the show and, at the same time, embracing the ludicrous nature of the concept. I only say the latter because for anyone to go on television and find love in a mansion of 25 women over a two-month period and propose to them and have the relationship work out is, in fact, a tad unlikely.

But as much as there is a large percentage of empirical evidence that proves the equation’s rate of failure, there is also a small percentage that illustrates its success! So as small as that number might be, it still warrants us genuine fans of the show to get behind a successful outcome and help foster the relationship created.

Now, I don’t want to say I told you so – well, actually that’s all I’ve wanted to do since week one…So I told you so! Congratulations to Tim and April (by now, you know her as AB). I hope that Canada jumps on board with your newfound adventure, as it’s about to be one hell of a ride!

I called Tim to recap the year that was, but more so to understand his mentality in Tahiti, the in-between reality TV time and his future with AB. So here’s what Timbo Slice had to say!

BS: What was the moment that you knew you were going to pick AB?

TW: In Tahiti, she slipped me a letter. When I read it, it said to act in the moment and that she would do the same. So, essentially, I didn’t know that she’d even say yes when I asked!

BS: That took serious guts!

TW: Oh yah, it did. But you live your entire life on that show in the moment…it just made sense!

BS: Because the show itself moves so quickly, by the time you're ready to start your life now with AB doesn’t moving quickly feel right?

TW: It totally does. When you know what you want and you have it, moving quickly seems natural.

BS: Most people don’t know that there’s a five-month period between getting engaged and appearing in public together. What’s been the best and worst part of that in-between time!

TW: The worst is literally not getting to spend all the moments that you’ve been excited to have. You’re excited and just want them to happen right away. The best is the fact that our relationship is just ours. We’ve come leaps and bounds, focused on ourselves, and become even more serious so quickly. We’re just excited to be able to live and be normal!

BS: So what’s the first thing you guys are going to do in public?

TW: Starbucks! Honestly, you get to see so much of a person, but without life in the real world, there’s so much of their character you don’t know yet. The real day-to-day life interactions within a relationship that you haven’t met. I’m just excited to see hers! But I also, want to take some trips and I’ve got some great things planned for us already!

BS: Have you planned the move-in?

TW: Literally, her car is packed to the brim right now. It’s happening as soon as it can! It’s one of the…No, it’s the most exciting time in my entire life.

BS: So without using the words ‘enormous,’ ‘daunting,’ ‘serious,’ ‘life-changing’ or ‘heavy,’ how would you describe this entire experience from day one until now?

TW: It’s everything I’ve ever wanted, rolled up into a six-month ball!

So, television and Bachelor Canada aside, just talking to Tim and hearing the excitement in his voice made me excited for him. Excited because the anticipation finally came to fruition after what was surely the longest five months of his life. To go out and grab that first coffee, have a smooch in public and see the excited reaction from people who have you're your relationship blossom is so real, all an amazing culmination to such a crazy journey.

The main difference between Tim and I – and there are clearly many, all in his favour – is that he has clearly moved past the thought process that I was at around the same time. He sees that the relationship has many more levels of understanding and discovery. And even more of that person to learn about! Day-to-day life, being on the couch in sweats watching a movie, living the unglamorous “real life” of Bachelor Tim and AB is what he’s ready for! And on behalf of all of Canada, and Hello Canada!, I wish you and AB all the best!
AllAboutLove
AllAboutLove

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:01 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
Maddy wrote:
eversotrue wrote:any other links?? Im desperate...

you can watch it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This is an awesome link. However, you have to sign up? Anything else that one would have to do to watch?

ETA: I signed up. I choose send a text message for the code to my mobile. The code was received within seconds. I logged on, there are a lot of vids. Bach Canada Bach Aussie BIP and Chris and Andi's season. I clicked on various vids and they all work.

I have never given my mobile number online like that. It does give you an option to use your email but you had to type in the captcha and it was impossible to make out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor Canada - Tim Warmels - Media - Blogs - Tweets - *Spoilers*- NO Discussion

+8
tigertiz
northernviewer
Mr&MrsSmith
joshfan
Admin
AllAboutLove
jojo47
GuardianAngel
12 posters
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum