SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:57 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
BKay wrote:I see Carly as the bright spot this season. She makes me laugh out loud in every itm.

IA I think she's hilarious. I really don't see her as mean at all. Compare that to "I know what you did" laugh out loud

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 13 3806527698

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Post by happygolucky Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:46 am

(since I agree with) It's a copy-paste of Sharleen Joynt comment in FLARE article:
Sharleen Joynt wrote:It’s no secret that Carly is a favourite of mine. She’s relatable and humble while telling it like it is. Plus, as evidenced in the country song group date last week, she’s super talented to boot. Therefore, it pained me when Carly, in particular, fell into the trash talk trap this week.

Comfort Zone is just a prison of our own making. / I hope you dance.

happygolucky

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 13 Empty Trash Talk

Post by aglaea Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:07 am

happygolucky wrote:(since I agree with) It's a copy-paste of Sharleen Joynt comment in FLARE article:
Sharleen Joynt wrote:It’s no secret that Carly is a favourite of mine. She’s relatable and humble while telling it like it is. Plus, as evidenced in the country song group date last week, she’s super talented to boot. Therefore, it pained me when Carly, in particular, fell into the trash talk trap this week.
It certainly was trash coming out of her mouth. I really thought Carly was bright and funny at first but as she kept up the backbiting and undermining, I was not able to see any humour in her words or actions. She appears to be (to me) not a very nice person at all. I thought her treatment of Britt was particularly unkind and I lost all respect for her.

aglaea

Back to top Go down

Post by california90 Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:15 am

I watched Sammi on AfterBuzzTV and while she didn't say too much, she did back up Lauren and Cathy, I believe and said she understood how Carly felt.

Lauren (from JPabs season) said "When someone's around in that situation where you find them to be fake and putting on a show for The Bachelor, its just a really really frustrating thing. And you never know when that person is going to see it or not and she was just relieved that he saw it"

And Sammi just goes "I'm 100% of what you just said" and by judging her body language, I think Sammi probably thought Britt was fake or acting. They also mentioned that its hard for viewers to see unless they were there in that situation, which both Lauren and Sammi confirmed where Carly's reactions came from.

But I think everyone can agree that Carly didn't need to celebrate that much and it was probably blown out of proportion. So while I think it was Carly narrating her feelings, I think the girls all felt the same/were thinking the same thing.

california90

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:33 am

california90 wrote:I watched Sammi on AfterBuzzTV and while she didn't say too much, she did back up Lauren and Cathy, I believe and said she understood how Carly felt.

Lauren (from JPabs season) said "When someone's around in that situation where you find them to be fake and putting on a show for The Bachelor, its just a really really frustrating thing. And you never know when that person is going to see it or not and she was just relieved that he saw it"

And Sammi just goes "I'm 100% of what you just said" and by judging her body language, I think Sammi probably thought Britt was fake or acting. They also mentioned that its hard for viewers to see unless they were there in that situation, which both Lauren and Sammi confirmed where Carly's reactions came from.

But I think everyone can agree that Carly didn't need to celebrate that much and it was probably blown out of proportion. So while I think it was Carly narrating her feelings, I think the girls all felt the same/were thinking the same thing.

Chris confirmed as much in his blog when he stated that several women had warned him about Britt. He named Ashley, Jade and Carly. We also saw Whitney and Kaitlyn discussing Britt with them, so clearly it was more than just Carly.

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:49 am

california90 wrote:I watched Sammi on AfterBuzzTV and while she didn't say too much, she did back up Lauren and Cathy, I believe and said she understood how Carly felt.

Sammi also said something like "I tried to be friends with her, but there was tension there and I usually don't have tension with anybody". So, yeah, I do believe that she wasn't the most well-liked and most genuine person there. I still think that Carly went overboard and singled her out because she was jealous and insecure. NONE of the girls, except for maybe Carly, were excited about Iowa on the road trip there. Why not call out Jade and Kaitlyn for that too, then? And, Britt never technically lied: she said that she hated it at first and then liked it coming back, which might not be true but she was consistent with that story throughout the episode. And, the fact that she kept bringing up Britt's looks in her ITMs also make me think that she just really hated the attention Britt got because of her looks and wanted to bring her down. I hate that because I really liked Carly before this.

Back to top Go down

Post by just2relax Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:07 am

I still like Carly. I would like to see a post show interview with her.

just2relax

Back to top Go down

Post by MVMom39forever Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:19 am

Just like usual producers amped up Carly's role in shutting down The Chris and Britt show. She was a key supporting player...almost oversold to us the way Andi exposed and brought down Juan Pablo in his season.

It certainly got her more screen time but I for one am doubtful it got her closer to Bachelorette role.
MVMom39forever
MVMom39forever

Female Posts : 2975

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:54 am

just2relax wrote:I still like Carly.  I would like to see a post show interview with her.

I agree, she is funny, but I feel like she was used by the producers. They "encouraged" her chatter. Perhaps she got drawn in too much. I really would like to hear her interviewed.

Back to top Go down

Post by BachfanNY Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:16 pm

just2relax wrote:I still like Carly.  I would like to see a post show interview with her.

Me too. She did go overboard with Britt but I'm sure its all part of the bubble/frustration/producer prodding. Britt made herself an easy target to be at odds with the other girls and Carly naively made herself an easy target to be used by TPTB. I'm going to give Carly the benefit of the doubt and hopefully she's learned something from this. But we'll see how she reacts at the WTA! Definitely don't think she is going to be the next Bachette sad
BachfanNY
BachfanNY

Female Posts : 1726

Back to top Go down

Post by aglaea Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:06 pm

Sprite wrote:

Chris confirmed as much in his blog when he stated that several women had warned him about Britt. He named Ashley, Jade and Carly. We also saw Whitney and Kaitlyn discussing Britt with them, so clearly it was more than just Carly.

That other girls joined in on the nastiness does not diminish Carly's unacceptable behaviour. I mean really, discussing on camera a person's frequency of bathing! As far as the other women, it looks like the cattiness of a herd mentality to me, possibly arising out of insecurity - re Britt's attractiveness (which several of the women commented on) and her obvious strong connection with Chris. It is interesting to me that there is no airing of undermining comments from Britt about the other women. Not only does this show class on her part, it looks like the "fake" behaviour came from Carly and whomever else acted like her friend to her face.
It also shows a lack of character on Chris' part that he would make his judgements based on 3rd party gossip and not take the opportunity to discuss it frankly with Britt. He did the same thing when he bought into Ashley's pronouncement of Kelsey. In Britt's case, he stated that he had genuine emotions toward her and yet did not give her any benefit of doubt based on what he had portrayed as high regard for her. I was shocked to read his blog of the episode where he makes extremely negative pronouncements about Britt and states that he based them on comments from Ashley, Jade and Carly. I think she dodged a bullet.

aglaea

Back to top Go down

Post by Newto Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:16 pm

I did not expect that kind of gossipy, mean behavior from Carly, especially since she is Zak's sister. He showed some silliness, but no meanness when he was on Des' season. I think she has sabotaged her chance to be the Bachelorette, as has Britt. IMHO Kaitlyn will be Bachelorette by default.
Newto
Newto

Female Posts : 13874

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

+44
aglaea
northernviewer
marloon
BachfanNY
nutty1