SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Post by Sprite Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:20 pm

aglaea wrote:
Sprite wrote:
california90 wrote:I watched Sammi on AfterBuzzTV and while she didn't say too much, she did back up Lauren and Cathy, I believe and said she understood how Carly felt.

Lauren (from JPabs season) said "When someone's around in that situation where you find them to be fake and putting on a show for The Bachelor, its just a really really frustrating thing. And you never know when that person is going to see it or not and she was just relieved that he saw it"

And Sammi just goes "I'm 100% of what you just said" and by judging her body language, I think Sammi probably thought Britt was fake or acting. They also mentioned that its hard for viewers to see unless they were there in that situation, which both Lauren and Sammi confirmed where Carly's reactions came from.

But I think everyone can agree that Carly didn't need to celebrate that much and it was probably blown out of proportion. So while I think it was Carly narrating her feelings, I think the girls all felt the same/were thinking the same thing.

Chris confirmed as much in his blog when he stated that several women had warned him about Britt. He named Ashley, Jade and Carly. We also saw Whitney and Kaitlyn discussing Britt with them, so clearly it was more than just Carly.

That other girls joined in on the nastiness does not diminish Carly's unacceptable behaviour.  I mean really, discussing on camera a person's frequency of bathing!  As far as the other women,  it looks like the cattiness of a herd mentality to me, possibly arising out of insecurity - re Britt's attractiveness (which several of the women commented on) and her obvious strong connection with Chris. It is interesting to me that there is no airing of undermining comments from Britt about the other women.  Not only does this show class on her part, it looks like the "fake" behaviour came from Carly and whomever else acted like her friend to her face.
It also shows a lack of character on Chris' part that he would make his judgements based on 3rd party gossip and not take the opportunity to discuss it frankly with Britt.  He did the same thing when he bought into Ashley's pronouncement of Kelsey.  In Britt's case, he stated that he had genuine emotions toward her and yet did not give her any benefit of doubt based on what he had portrayed as high regard for her.  I was shocked to read his blog of the episode where he makes extremely negative pronouncements about Britt and states that he based them on comments from Ashley, Jade and Carly.  I think she dodged a bullet.

My interpretation of his blog is that what the women were telling him just served to highlight his own doubts about her behaviour and the things she was telling him. He is not an idiot. He knows that no sane woman would go to Arlington and love it so enthusiastically...even if she said at first that she initially had doubts. Seriously, she sees one sunset and now it is all hunky dory? Don't think so. Once past the initial attraction, he began to use his head and began to question her over the top antics. The different women talking with him about her flip flopping further enforced his own thoughts and then her going off so disrespectfully on Kaitlyn and Carly when she didn't get the rose on the group date was the final nail in her coffin. He told her himself that was not a quality he was looking for in a wife. He felt she was disrespectful and manipulative and he is a grown man and expects a grown woman...not someone who plays games. My friends and I were cheering when he let her go.

Last edited by Sprite on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 14 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

Post by MiaHawk Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Aww, I still really like Carly. beatingheart

And I still love my little fig newton, Zak, too. beatingheart beatingheart

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 14 C:\Users\Mommy\Pictures\Zak sad
MiaHawk
MiaHawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:23 pm

MiaHawk wrote:Aww, I still really like Carly.  beatingheart  

And I still love my little fig newton, Zak, too.  beatingheart  beatingheart  

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion - Page 14 C:\Users\Mommy\Pictures\Zak sad
Me, too. 
Am I my brother's keeper? Not me. I can hardly keep myself. :yes:

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:44 pm

I'll take Carly with her humorous (mostly), snarky PI's vs Britt lording it over the others and then pretending she didn't mean to hurt their feelings. I don't like fake. Carly said what she said and has to own that but the others were obviously saying things about Britt also.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by IrishGal Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:03 pm

I agree

Team Kaitlin!  Team Booth!
IrishGal
IrishGal

Female Posts : 3010

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:15 pm

I liked Carly, probably because she reminded me of Holly Durst (now Julian), but Holly is a sweetheart and, well, Carly isn't. Untrustworthy AND catty is not a good look on anyone. Guess we'll know more about her from the WTA. sad
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:30 pm

albean99 wrote:I'll take Carly with her humorous (mostly), snarky PI's vs Britt lording it over the others and then pretending she didn't mean to hurt their feelings. I don't like fake. Carly said what she said and has to own that but the others were obviously saying things about Britt also.

I don't see why it has to be an either/or situation. I didn't like Britt (and her appearance on Jimmy Kimmel confirmed that), but that doesn't mean I have to like her "enemy". I'm sure that the others had an issue with Britt too, but they weren't out to get her. And, Carly was. From the very beginning, she was the only one who talked about Britt not showering and sleeping with her makeup. She made it her mission that Britt wasn't going to get a rose and showed way too much joy when Britt was crying. To me, that's not a good person. And, honestly, I think Carly was fake too. She pretended to be Britt's friend and then talked about her behind her back.

Back to top Go down

Post by northernviewer Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:52 pm

chasingpavements wrote:
albean99 wrote:I'll take Carly with her humorous (mostly), snarky PI's vs Britt lording it over the others and then pretending she didn't mean to hurt their feelings. I don't like fake. Carly said what she said and has to own that but the others were obviously saying things about Britt also.

I don't see why it has to be an either/or situation. I didn't like Britt (and her appearance on Jimmy Kimmel confirmed that), but that doesn't mean I have to like her "enemy". I'm sure that the others had an issue with Britt too, but they weren't out to get her. And, Carly was. From the very beginning, she was the only one who talked about Britt not showering and sleeping with her makeup. She made it her mission that Britt wasn't going to get a rose and showed way too much joy when Britt was crying. To me, that's not a good person. And, honestly, I think Carly was fake too. She pretended to be Britt's friend and then talked about her behind her back.

Totally agree. Britt wasnt my favorite but i didnt dislike her either. I just found that Carly was a little too obsessed with Britt. Carly knew her days were numbered and she was determined to take Britt with her. All her antics and criticisms didnt make me dislike Britt - it made me start to dislike Carly. Its a pet peeve of mine, when people feel the need to put others down to make themselves feel better about their own shortcomings. Its a form of self praise and i hate it!

The (FRC) Proposal..."Will you marry me because I'd really like to date you"
northernviewer
northernviewer

Female Posts : 5386

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:13 pm

I just happen to prefer Carly to Britt (who I can't stand). I didn't say anyone else had to pick between them, chasingpavements. 

I will say that we know what we saw with Carly but we don't know what wasn't shown with her or others. This show is highly edited as we all know. From what I can tell others talked about Britt to Chris and probably to producers which mostly we didn't see. I didn't mind what Carly said because I'm pretty sure it was all true and I found her funny. I'm probably a bit of a snarky "mean" girl myself if people think Carly is one.  no idea

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15305

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:52 pm

albean99 wrote:I just happen to prefer Carly to Britt (who I can't stand). I didn't say anyone else had to pick between them, chasingpavements. 

I will say that we know what we saw with Carly but we don't know what wasn't shown with her or others. This show is highly edited as we all know. From what I can tell others talked about Britt to Chris and probably to producers which mostly we didn't see. I didn't mind what Carly said because I'm pretty sure it was all true and I found her funny. I'm probably a bit of a snarky "mean" girl myself if people think Carly is one.  no idea

At the WTA it will be interesting to see where the other girls are with Britt and Carly. It seems that many of the girls shared Carly's view of Britt they just expressed themselves differently. I didn't see a lot of tears when Britt left (besides Britt's tears giggling ). If I had to choose one of them to be my friend it would be Carly.
Rolly
Rolly

Female Posts : 3913

Back to top Go down

Post by dw_a_mom Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:57 pm

I believe that Carly is most likely a nice person - who let herself be manipulated into playing a less nice character by the producers. She knows this is a TV show, and she did what she was asked to in order to make good TV.

Just give me something that looks like a real love story to help me escape into my own version of fantasy for a while. And maybe against the odds one of those stories will actually survive real life. Nothing wrong with a little hope, right?
dw_a_mom
dw_a_mom

Female Posts : 3390

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:21 pm

albean99 wrote:I just happen to prefer Carly to Britt (who I can't stand). I didn't say anyone else had to pick between them, chasingpavements. 

About the no showering, Carly IMO was just doing what she was probably told to do and that is to talk about the lack of hygiene. They themselves gave us a preview of what was to come when they had several people mention it on the Red Carpet. CH continued in his blogs about sleeping with makeup and CS also mentioned it in his blog.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Carly Waddell - Discussion

+44
aglaea
northernviewer
marloon
BachfanNY
nutty1