SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Kelsey Poe - Discussion

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Kelsey Poe - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Kelsey Poe - Discussion

Post by nutty1 Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:49 am

Brill wrote:Saw this on twitter tonight.  Probably the same info.

http://www.examiner.com/article/kelsey-poe-to-sue-producers-of-the-bachelor-for-emotional-pain

"Kelsey was dealing with the emotional pain of losing her husband in 2013."

Then just maybe she shouldn't have gone on a dating reality show??! no no

"My goal in life is to be as good of a person as my dogs already think I am"    
"God puts the right people in our lives when the timing is just right." - Jef
"Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for" - Nick
"What I felt for you was greater than a moment" - Nick
"I knew I loved you right away & I didn't even know why" - Ben
"You're my person" - Lauren
nutty1
nutty1

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Kelsey Poe - Discussion - Page 20 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Kelsey Poe - Discussion

Post by KB_Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:55 am

nutty1 wrote:

http://www.examiner.com/article/kelsey-poe-to-sue-producers-of-the-bachelor-for-emotional-pain

I agree IMO, the core problem is that Kelsey has never truly dealt with the emotional pain of losing her husband. She's avoided the painful but necessary grieving process and instead distracted herself with "challenging" herself. I do hope it is true that she has sought therapy because she is IMO sorely in need of it.
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Female Posts : 2514

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:15 am

KB_Mom wrote:
nutty1 wrote:

I agree IMO, the core problem is that Kelsey has never truly dealt with the emotional pain of losing her husband. She's avoided the painful but necessary grieving process and instead distracted herself with "challenging" herself.  I do hope it is true that she has sought therapy because she is IMO sorely in need of it.

KB_mom, you are a lawyer, right? If she sued Fleiss can we then turn around and sue her. I would feel sorry for her, but many deal with grief all the time. She needs to finally acknowledge that she made these decisions.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:23 am

^ I am a lawyer. If she tries to sue ABC, not only will she lose, she could very well wind up paying ABC's legal fees to defend the lawsuit and the fees their high powered lawyers would run up would be daunting. affraid

The ABC contract very likely has a clause that a party that tries to sue and loses has to pay ABC's legal fees. In addition, the federal courts and many states (don't know about California) have a rule that requires the losing party to pay the other side's legal fees if there is not a "reasonable" basis for the lawsuit.

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:31 am

KB_Mom wrote:^ I am a lawyer. If she tries to sue ABC, not only will she lose, she could very well wind up paying ABC's legal fees to defend the lawsuit and the fees their high powered lawyers would run up would be daunting. affraid

The ABC contract very likely has a clause that a party that tries to sue and loses has to pay ABC's legal fees. In addition, the federal courts and many states (don't know about California) have a rule that requires the losing party to pay the other side's legal fees if there is not a "reasonable" basis for the lawsuit.  

I am usually a pretty liberal gal, but lawsuits like this make me angry. I would be happy to see her pay ABC's legal fees.
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberish Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:15 am

That piece is typical tabloid fodder. There's no lawsuit.
Amberish
Amberish

Female Posts : 1472

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:23 pm

If she was dealing with the "emotional pain of the loss of her husband" -
1. she didn't look like it
2. she shouldn't have gone on a show where she signed her life away
3. no pain no gain applies to MF and company
4. she tried to use her "pain" for her gain

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by jlccaz Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:49 pm

Yes, absolutely, she's waived any Bad Edit claims, and any resulting "damage" (ha) arising therefrom.

Moreover, such a dispute would never be decided in a public court. Any dispute would have to be decided in a confidential arbitration, anyway. She can file a complaint in court with salacious facts if she wants (there's a limited immunity against defamation for statements made in a pleading, vs. statements made publicly, such as to a reporter), but she would be breaching a binding arbitration in doing so, and I can't see a "real" lawyer agreeing to do that (not in the client's interest). So, this is a silly story to prolong her 15 minutes in the role of Victim of Reality TV Editing Tricks, ho hum.
jlccaz
jlccaz

Back to top Go down

Post by mtnlvr55 Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 pm

More on the Kelsey matter:
http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/1078736/kelsey-poes-lawsuit-against-the-bachelor-is-crazy
mtnlvr55
mtnlvr55

Female Posts : 1417

Back to top Go down

Post by KB_Mom Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:06 pm

I thought she was going to become Paris' problem.(My apologies to all Parisians).

"Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher." Maya Watson
KB_Mom
KB_Mom

Back to top Go down

Post by eirekay Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:38 pm

KB_Mom wrote:^ I am a lawyer. If she tries to sue ABC, not only will she lose, she could very well wind up paying ABC's legal fees to defend the lawsuit and the fees their high powered lawyers would run up would be daunting. affraid

Prevailing party rules do apply in California, under specific circumstances and especially in frivolous suits.
eirekay
eirekay

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:03 pm

The Bachelor
Bachelor Widow Kelsey Poe Has a New Boyfriend — Get the Details!
Kelsey Poe may not have found love with Chris Soules on The Bachelor Season 19, but it looks like she did manage to find love out in the real world! Although much of her time on the show was dedicated to talking about late husband Sanderson Poe, it seems that she's finally found love again.

In a photo she shared on Tuesday, Kelsey can be seen smooching a mystery man, but who is he? Fortunately, Kelsey also linked to an article from RadarOnline.com in which she spills all the details. According to Kelsey herself, the lucky guy's name is Mickael, and they met last year in Paris. And now that The Bachelor is behind her, Kelsey and Mickael decided to give dating a try.

“[He] is my first real relationship since Sanderson, and I'm experiencing the bittersweetness of finding love again,” Kelsey told the site. “I met Mickael last summer, in le parc des Buttes Chaumont in Paris, and we have stayed in touch over the ensuing months. I wasn't ready to date then, as I was more focused on being on The Bachelor and seeing where that road led.”

Wetpaint

Bachelor 19 - Kelsey Poe - Discussion - Page 20 W630_020415kelseypoesanderson-14230815942

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71448

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Kelsey Poe - Discussion

+54
whit90
Jolena
mindless
yrkiemommy
ElonM