SELECT CONTENT

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by JBF Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:01 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:
JBF wrote:snipped..

Harrison: He is one of the easiest Bachelors we’ve ever had because he’s a regular dude who was always so appreciative of the opportunity and is used to long hours and working hard as a farmer.

Everytime he opens his mouth he insults everyone else in previous seasons. no no

Personally, I think everybody is picking on Juan way too much. Good grief! I never really cared for the dude that much (even if I did continue watching him bicker with Nikki on Couples Therapy), but even I think all of the bashing and "Chris is the total opposite of him" talk is getting old.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 Empty Re: Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

Post by umngirl Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:04 pm

soccermom333 wrote:
umngirl wrote:Honestly, there is no way this season can be worse than the last one. No way in my mind. So this season can only go up. Truthfully, I won't ever be invested in another season like I was for a certain one a few years ago and that is perfectly okay with me. I like not caring about the lead and who they pick. Now if the couple seems real by the end, that's good but I won't be frequenting any fan threads any time soon.

This show is just mindless entertainment anyway so it's best to not take it too seriously or even expect a happy ending even though there has been some successes recently.

I actually loved Andi's season and It is one of my favorites.  I am so happy for her and Josh, and have a feeling we will see them on the premiere, as well as other couples! I definitely don't think she was the worst bachelorette---far from it. But... this is a Chris thread so won't go there.  

Doesn't matter who TPTB had their eye on.  Chris is it!  I believe they knew early on who Andi wanted.  That is why they started the promoting Chris early on the show.  Would Josh have been better, absolutely, but he was taken.  ;)

I agree the show is mindless entertainment and should not be taken seriously.  Glad the show is still around though. Smiley
And happy this board is still around too.  

Looking forward to seeing Chris and hope it works out for him.  Smiley

I was referring to the last Bachelor season. I keep The Bachelor and the Bachelorette as separate.

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Female Posts : 20215

Back to top Go down

Post by soccermom333 Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:07 pm

umngirl wrote:
soccermom333 wrote:
umngirl wrote:Honestly, there is no way this season can be worse than the last one. No way in my mind. So this season can only go up. Truthfully, I won't ever be invested in another season like I was for a certain one a few years ago and that is perfectly okay with me. I like not caring about the lead and who they pick. Now if the couple seems real by the end, that's good but I won't be frequenting any fan threads any time soon.

This show is just mindless entertainment anyway so it's best to not take it too seriously or even expect a happy ending even though there has been some successes recently.

I actually loved Andi's season and It is one of my favorites.  I am so happy for her and Josh, and have a feeling we will see them on the premiere, as well as other couples! I definitely don't think she was the worst bachelorette---far from it. But... this is a Chris thread so won't go there.  

Doesn't matter who TPTB had their eye on.  Chris is it!  I believe they knew early on who Andi wanted.  That is why they started the promoting Chris early on the show.  Would Josh have been better, absolutely, but he was taken.  ;)

I agree the show is mindless entertainment and should not be taken seriously.  Glad the show is still around though. Smiley
And happy this board is still around too.  

Looking forward to seeing Chris and hope it works out for him.  Smiley

I was referring to the last Bachelor season. I keep The Bachelor and the Bachelorette as separate.

Haha, Okay thanks for the clarification. I agree. ;)
soccermom333
soccermom333

Female Posts : 6543

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:09 pm

Apologies for the double post. Here's an interview Chris did with Juliet from the "Right Reasons" podcast on Grantland.com

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 87b72b10 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 86669110 Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2 - Page 11 Fd795c10
umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprite Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:21 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:

Harrison: He is one of the easiest Bachelors we’ve ever had because he’s a regular dude who was always so appreciative of the opportunity and is used to long hours and working hard as a farmer.

Everytime he opens his mouth he insults everyone else in previous seasons. no no

That happens every season. Whoever is the next/current bachelor/ette is the best....until they do something to screw things up. Rarely do they have a Sean type who actually excels at the press...or at least learned to...and is naturally charming. As much as I like Chris and think he is a nice guy, he does not interview well. He is very awkward with his phrasing and comes across as trying too hard. He was the most natural during his hometown visit and when Andi dumped him. This is one of the reasons I am curious about his season. I don't doubt that he is sincere, but will he look it?

You could be the juiciest, most ripe peach, but there is still going to be someone who doesn't like peaches.
Sprite
Sprite

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:35 pm

He comes across OK in the above interview. My only issue is that she asks too many questions about Andi's season when all of that is supposed to be ancient history. I guess he has trouble hiding the outcome of the season? That is why he is interviewed that way?

The thing with Sean is that he had plenty of practice on the lecture circuit (visiting schools with his family, talking religion and sports... and so forth). He is very good at public speaking. Of course, he can also ad-lib quite a bit and avoid certain questions with great ease too. Usually I would watch Sean with the volume off and amuse myself with the way his hands motion all over the place.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by stuckinsc Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:46 pm

JBF wrote:
GuardianAngel wrote:

Personally, I think everybody is picking on Juan way too much. Good grief! I never really cared for the dude that much (even if I did continue watching him bicker with Nikki on Couples Therapy), but even I think all of the bashing and "Chris is the total opposite of him" talk is getting old.

CH is like a bitter old man, you didn't do exactly what we told you to do, so we will forever insult you. The great thing to me is that while CH is still bitter about JPG, JPG doesn't even bother to mention or talk about the franchise.

I am open, but still suspicious, why oh why knowing there was a good chance he would be the next bachelor did we get the non-existent edit of Chris Soules? It is just weird. I think we saw more JPG on Des's season than Chris on Andi's. Then again, I think Andi had no real interest in Chris so maybe they didn't want another awkward and uncomfortable date like Brian's? Still odd...
stuckinsc
stuckinsc

Female Posts : 10802

Back to top Go down

Post by sara11 Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:59 pm

stuckinsc wrote:
snipped

I am open, but still suspicious, why oh why knowing there was a good chance he would be the next bachelor did we get the non-existent edit of Chris Soules?  It is just weird.  I think we saw more JPG on Des's season than Chris on Andi's.  Then again, I think Andi had no real interest in Chris so maybe they didn't want another awkward and uncomfortable date like Brian's?  Still odd...

I think we actually saw quite a bit of Chris, it may just not seem like it because he got his 1 on 1 so early. Generally they only play up the next lead around hometowns/F3 - which is where Chris had his time to shine. I don't remember much of Andi at all on JPG season before her hometown. With Chris I think he's just so normal that perhaps we just don't remember his scenes.

sara11

Back to top Go down

Post by Kashathediva Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:07 pm

Normal is a very nice way of saying boring or nondescript.

No good deed goes unpunished.  
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, bye Felicia! 
Kashathediva
Kashathediva

Female Posts : 33375

Back to top Go down

Post by JBF Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:58 pm

sara11 wrote:
stuckinsc wrote:
snipped

I am open, but still suspicious, why oh why knowing there was a good chance he would be the next bachelor did we get the non-existent edit of Chris Soules?  It is just weird.  I think we saw more JPG on Des's season than Chris on Andi's.  Then again, I think Andi had no real interest in Chris so maybe they didn't want another awkward and uncomfortable date like Brian's?  Still odd...

I think we actually saw quite a bit of Chris, it may just not seem like it because he got his 1 on 1 so early. Generally they only play up the next lead around hometowns/F3 - which is where Chris had his time to shine. I don't remember much of Andi at all on JPG season before her hometown. With Chris I think he's just so normal that perhaps we just don't remember his scenes.

Some of us REALLY studied his... and other contestants' edits... more than we needed to. *chuckle chuckle*

To fool those of us who take the edit of this stupid show seriously, every time the word "husband" was spoken on screen either by Andi or Mister Harrison, HE... not Josh... was shown. :crazed

My take on him:
1.) We saw his house
2.) We saw him at work... even getting dirty with the piggies
3.) We met his family and even learned their names... and his mother is the mother of all mothers.
4.) We know what he wants in a wife... and, no, she does NOT have to be a "home-maker", but he can't leave Iowa that easily either. He also explained (sort of) "what went wrong" with his past engagement during his Santa Anita conversation with Andi.
5.) Andi "sold" him as a "gentleman"... and "sexy" when doing that dopey pottery act
6.) He is also capable of crying on screen.
7.) We also got his "dirt" out of the closet with his antique college age DUI report. Everybody discussed it both on abc.com and here, then promptly forgot about it. At least we won't expect any more "surprises" for a while.

Bingo! The Perfect Bachelor!

In contrast, Marcus was still a bit of a mystery. Not that it mattered with him being "off the market" on Bachelor in Paradise anyway. Let Lacy do all of the investigating.
Lots of posters here love Nick and he certainly kept ME amused with his hilarious PI sessions, but his edit didn't exactly scream "Bachelor material". Amusingly... in that above interview video, Chris both praises him ("we are friends post-show") and questions his rather unique performance on the show. Make up your mind.
Of course, Arie is the George Clooney of the franchise (what's not to love?), but did any of us really think Fleiss was serious about using him as the lead?
I have forgotten Marquel the Cookie Expert. The only problem with him was that he didn't smile enough on screen and was a trifle grumpy on Men Tell All and a trifle wooden on BIP.

Regarding Juan on Des' season, I am still struggling to remember what all exactly he did on that season prior to his Men Tell All "chastising" of James, besides pick a fallen popcorn off of Des' blouse while watching The Lone Ranger.
JBF
JBF

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Robert Mills @Millsy11374 · 3h 3 hours ago
"Chris needs a wife on his farm, not another animal!" In one week, #TheBachelor is back!!!

scratch

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by umngirl Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:37 pm

^I imagine one of the women says that about another one of the women. Typically catty comments.

umngirl
umngirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 80 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 45 ... 80  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Bachelor 19 - Chris Soules - Media - Tweets - Facebook - IG - *Spoilers & Sleuthing* - Discussion #2

+86
Lucas15
VAgirl79
nuts2uiam
Longhornfan
mprssdbyu
b
Pia1
luvstx
ElonM
hteddy08
yrkiemommy