SELECT CONTENT

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

marriedatfirstsight - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 11 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Post by albean99 Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:22 pm

I don't think she had actually lost her job by that time but they had made it clear that they were going in another direction, Grace. On the show it said something like she was an office manager. She said she was one of their first employees and now they have 60. 

I watched it this morning. Both couples do have things to work through but was an interesting show. I can't see Cortney telling Jason about the job until graduation. You'd think she'd be looking for a new one.  

Jamie still has things to deal with plus Doug & his parents are right that they need more time together before babies. She's trying to rush it too much.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

marriedatfirstsight - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 11 Empty Re: Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

Post by atem Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:48 pm

grace8136 wrote:Did Cort say why she lost her job? I missed it if so. I thought she was a freelance make-up artist?

She eventually does, because it he asks her how long it will take for her to look for a new one.

Anything I post means it's Just My Opinion.  Don't feel like posting it every time I post. So, I thought I'd get that out of the way.

#Teamatem
atem
atem

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:43 pm

My initial reaction was, God almighty Jamie, enough with the baby stuff already. I now believe she might have had a few convos with Doug about it and may have bounced it off Mom and Dad but the producers want good tv and this is a potential conflict for them, so I believe she was directed to have these multiple convos about babies.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Female Posts : 719

Back to top Go down

Post by Litta123 Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:23 pm

nuts2uiam wrote:My initial reaction was, God almighty Jamie, enough with the baby stuff already.  I now believe she might have had a few convos with Doug about it and may have bounced it off Mom and Dad but the producers want good tv and this is a potential conflict for them, so I believe she was directed to have these multiple convos about babies.

I agree with this. Maybe I'm too cynical, but my feeling from last night is that this season will feel a lot more scripted than the original MAFS. I think the issues and problems will be real, but over emphasized in the production and editing to make for "better" television. Although it was great to get an update on the couples, I felt like last night was too repetitive.

Jamie was almost becoming cringe-worthy again (to me). I really grew to like her last season after having such a dislike from the Bach/Pad stuff. I know she has had a tragic past and her emotions are so raw at times, but still, she seems to live in a fantasy world. At least, that's how it came across to me...maybe it's just production. My gut reaction is that she needs more healing before letting a kid enter in the picture. I'm glad Doug seems to have a good perspective on this and is willing to make a stand against it for now. He seems so solid -- a strong presence that Jamie can push up against and committed to hang in it with her. This I like very much.

I think this season will show a rocky situation with Courtney and Jason throughout. Even still, I continue to be impressed with the depth Courtney shows in her PIs. I still sense a deep commitment between Courtney and Jason even though things are getting hard.

marriedatfirstsight - Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year - Page 11 8d63b049-e7f5-45bc-9c52-8e1babe4aa1b
Litta123
Litta123

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:40 pm

At the time of airing the season, I couldn't get over how strong Jason must be to go through this, marry a stranger, his mother so very sick, ultimately passing away, fire academy, moving and trying to get to know your wife.

Now we see the struggle which is very real and very understandable. When Cortney said they packed up his Mom's belongings and put them in storage, that brought a tear to my eye. I believe part of the grieving process is to go through those items and reminicse or recall certain events that make you smile. Everyone is different, but he had so much going on it's understandable that at the time, that was the easiest thing to do and they could deal with it later.

Cortney is such a mature level headed gal, I'm sure loosing her job is one more added pressure she did not want to have Jason worry about. However, she should have told him right away.

I'm glad Doug is being more realistic when it comes to the baby talk. At that point they were only married for 6 months. I know sometimes the time frame doesn't mean anything, however he just recently started a new job. She has a good job and would be off work. I don't know what the maternity leave rules are but in my area, it's 12 months. You do receive unemployment insurance income but that is at a reduced amount. It's a big risk to start planning a family when one is new on the job.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by mindless Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:43 pm

Litta123 wrote:
nuts2uiam wrote:My initial reaction was, God almighty Jamie, enough with the baby stuff already.  I now believe she might have had a few convos with Doug about it and may have bounced it off Mom and Dad but the producers want good tv and this is a potential conflict for them, so I believe she was directed to have these multiple convos about babies.

I agree with this. Maybe I'm too cynical, but my feeling from last night is that this season will feel a lot more scripted than the original MAFS. I think the issues and problems will be real, but over emphasized in the production and editing to make for "better" television. Although it was great to get an update on the couples, I felt like last night was too repetitive.

Jamie was almost becoming cringe-worthy again (to me). I really grew to like her last season after having such a dislike from the Bach/Pad stuff. I know she has had a tragic past and her emotions are so raw at times, but still, she seems to live in a fantasy world. At least, that's how it came across to me...maybe it's just production. My gut reaction is that she needs more healing before letting a kid enter in the picture. I'm glad Doug seems to have a good perspective on this and is willing to make a stand against it for now. He seems so solid -- a strong presence that Jamie can push up against and committed to hang in it with her. This I like very much.

I think this season will show a rocky situation with Courtney and Jason throughout. Even still, I continue to be impressed with the depth Courtney shows in her PIs. I still sense a deep commitment between Courtney and Jason even though things are getting hard.

I totally agree. It felt more scripted than I would have liked. And Jamie is sounding delusional again like she did on Bachelor Pad. I hope she'll realise at some point how uncomfortable she's making Doug with the constant baby talk. You finally have your dream man, Jamie, don't scare him off!!! Those babies will be postponed indefinitely if you do. duh
mindless
mindless

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:40 pm

mindless wrote:
Litta123 wrote:

I totally agree. It felt more scripted than I would have liked. And Jamie is sounding delusional again like she did on Bachelor Pad. I hope she'll realise at some point how uncomfortable she's making Doug with the constant baby talk. You finally have your dream man, Jamie, don't scare him off!!! Those babies will be postponed indefinitely if you do. duh

So glad it wasn't just me.  I LOVED the show and enjoy the update, BUT, I really believe that a 1 year reunion would have been a better idea as a special, following along the lines of the 6 months reunion show.  Does anyone know if (I am assuming yes) they have a check coming for the series?  That might help the Jason-Courtney pocketbook.  I really see the "production" hand in this, even down to Vaughn and Monet.  I do think that Jamie has exposure fever, book club, tv show etc. and hope that she and Doug can find a happy medium.  I also believe she may want babies, but, I believe that she has a pretty decent head on her shoulders and having raised her siblings as we were reminded again last night, this is primarily production driven. Remember, they know the cameras are there no matter what they are going to say in conversation. I seriously doubt that Jason hears Courtney lost her job for the first time with the cameras rolling. Recall that the show was spliced to make us think that Jamie and Doug were on the rocks to the bitter end, when last night they admitted it was the 3rd night that it was going toward a love match. Way too scripted IMO.

Last edited by nuts2uiam on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional thought)
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Back to top Go down

Post by absolutelyido Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:48 pm

So glad it wasn't just me.  I LOVED the show and enjoy the update, BUT, I really believe that a 1 year reunion would have been a better idea as a special, following along the lines of the 6 months reunion show.  Does anyone know if (I am assuming yes) they have a check coming for the series?  That might help the Jason-Courtney pocketbook.  I really see the "production" hand in this, even down to Vaughn and Monet.  I do think that Jamie has exposure fever, book club, tv show etc. and hope that she and Doug can find a happy medium.  I also believe she may want babies, but, I believe that she has a pretty decent head on her shoulders and having raised her siblings as we were reminded again last night, this is primarily production driven. Remember, they know the cameras are there no matter what they are going to say in conversation. I seriously doubt that Jason hears Courtney lost her job for the first time with the cameras rolling. Recall that the show was spliced to make us think that Jamie and Doug were on the rocks to the bitter end, when last night they admitted it was the 3rd night that it was going toward a love match. Way too scripted IMO.

Agree with this and all the posts above. All of them actually seemed a little awkward in front of the cameras which I never felt in MAFS, maybe because they are following a script more than they did before. In MAFS, none of the couples even met each other, now they are meeting in what definitely felt like production-driven lunches.

Also agree that the Doug & Jamie baby conflict is mostly producer-driven. I think Jamie & Doug are actually really happy and don't have a lot of conflict in their marriage, so this is the conflict they are playing up that will be their primary storyline. I think its true that Jamie is ready to have a baby right away, but I also think she knows they need to settle in a little as a couple first. And Doug has always said he wanted kids, so I think they are closer to being on the same page about timing than shown. I would guess they've probably already agreed to wait until around their first anniversary to start trying to have a baby.

I would also love to know how much they are being paid for this show because I am nosy. Embarressed!
absolutelyido
absolutelyido

Back to top Go down

Post by albean99 Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:16 am

I agree  absolutelyido. I smell editing & producers with Jamie's baby talk also. I guess there has to be some conflict for each of them. I do think the producers wanted them to have lunch but it does seem like the women from the show have become friends.

"Love is the Only Reality" -Ed Lambton
albean99
albean99

Female Posts : 15318

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:33 pm

I did some searching and they were only paid expenses for the original show because they were afraid that the lure of $$$ would bring in some of the "people who are not here for the right reasons" to borrow from another show!!!!

This makes me wonder more if they are getting a sizeable paycheck given the show put FYI on the map.
nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Back to top Go down

Post by GuardianAngel Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:15 pm

Thanks for that nuts2. Although its a good strategy on their part not to compensate by way of $$ for fear of bringing people who would apply for the wrong reasons, but at the same time, they should be compensated for having a camera in their face all the time. Maybe that's other duties as assigned, IDK what does everyone else think?

________________________________________________________________________________________________

All Rules

Posts without source will be deleted.  

NO SPOILERS in any threads other than those titled Spoilers.  

“Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts” – Author Unknown
GuardianAngel
GuardianAngel
Admin
Admin

Female Posts : 71466

https://www.bachandbachettefans.net

Back to top Go down

Post by nuts2uiam Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:30 pm

GuardianAngel wrote:Thanks for that nuts2. Although its a good strategy on their part not to compensate by whtay of $$ for fear of bringing people who would apply for the wrong reasons, but at the same time, they should be compensated for having a camera in their face all the time. Maybe that's other duties as assigned, IDK what does everyone else think?

If this is in the wrong thread please feel free to move it but this was where I found out the info on compensation for the original program. Really a good article.
http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/2014/09/married-first-sight-chris-coelen-interview/

nuts2uiam
nuts2uiam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 17 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Married At First Sight - Season 1 - The 1st Year

+24
california90
happygolucky
mtnlvr55
just2relax
2observe